• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What being is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Mario64

So, I've been scratching my head over this ever since I saw the scene where Xehanort takes the darkness out of Ven and uses it to create Vanitas. I gave my brain a rest before going on to the next world and I said to myself:

"Self?"

"Yeah?"

"Vanitas is a fascinating character--"

"Important too..."

"Yes. Important too. Don't you think that he should have been elaborated on more during the game?"

"It does seem strange that it would be left out."

"One of the things I thought about is what kind of person he is. Have you ever thought about that?"

"Now that you mention it, I have. This requires some research, indeed?"

"Indeed."

So, am I crazy? For now, that's up to the psych ward to decide. XD Anyhow, back on topic, I've been running through a few possibilities for what he might be and here they are. If anyone can help me w/ this dilemma, do respond.

Human? Completely ruled out. He has no heart as far as we know.

Nobody? Again, no heart. Ruled out because of complete darkness.

Heartless? Major possibility. He is pure darkness and has no heart. The issue is that he has free will. However, Sora and Xehanort had control when they were Heartless. Similar case, maybe?

Unversed? Another major possibility. Complete darkness = complete negative emotions. More research is required to support this theory.

Crystal

Silver Member
Vanitas is Ven's darkness.
And he is the Leader of the Unversed.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
He's just Vens Darkness. You could say hes an unversed but mainly, thats all he really is.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Ventus was a person, wen separated there were two other persons, Ventus and Vanitas...Ventus, after Vanitas was born, was a somebody, a human beeing right?, so Vanitas is a human beeing, somebody too

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
I thought he is just create the Unversed, but not an Unversed?
Well, what are Unversed? Negative emotions. What is Vanitas? Darkness.
Darkness = Negativity.
Vanitas is an Unversed in a way.
Ventus was a person, wen separated there were two other persons, Ventus and Vanitas...Ventus, after Vanitas was born, was a somebody, a human beeing right?, so Vanitas is a human beeing, somebody too

Ven was not seperated into two people, he just had his darkness extracted which made Vanitas.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
For them to make the X-blade, they both had to have hearts; one of pure light, the other of pure darkness. Vanitas is a Somebody with the ability to spawn Unversed due to his completely dark heart.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So, I've been scratching my head over this ever since I saw the scene where Xehanort takes the darkness out of Ven and uses it to create Vanitas. I gave my brain a rest before going on to the next world and I said to myself:

"Self?"

"Yeah?"

"Vanitas is a fascinating character--"

"Important too..."

"Yes. Important too. Don't you think that he should have been elaborated on more during the game?"

"It does seem strange that it would be left out."

"One of the things I thought about is what kind of person he is. Have you ever thought about that?"

"Now that you mention it, I have. This requires some research, indeed?"

"Indeed."

So, am I crazy? For now, that's up to the psych ward to decide. XD Anyhow, back on topic, I've been running through a few possibilities for what he might be and here they are. If anyone can help me w/ this dilemma, do respond.

Human? Completely ruled out. He has no heart as far as we know.

Nobody? Again, no heart. Ruled out because of complete darkness.

Heartless? Major possibility. He is pure darkness and has no heart. The issue is that he has free will. However, Sora and Xehanort had control when they were Heartless. Similar case, maybe?

Unversed? Another major possibility. Complete darkness = complete negative emotions. More research is required to support this theory.

Uh uh, your wrong, Vanitas does have a heart. Vanitas' heart is the dark half of Ven's heart, so in other words a heart of pure darkness. This was confirmed over and over. Ventus kept the light half of his heart (A.k.a a heart of pure light) and Vanitas got the dark half of Ven's heart (A.k.A a heart of pure darkness) this is what allowed them to forge the X-Blade which can only be made when a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness clash and intersect.

So Vanitas is either (A. A walking heart projecting a body around itself (Similar to what Riku did after XH expelled his heart into the dark realm) or Vanitas is a human, whose body was formed from darkness or some crap like that.

Crystal

Silver Member

Never seperated into two person.
Vanitas is just a darkness.

Well, what are Unversed? Negative emotions. What is Vanitas? Darkness.
Darkness = Negativity.
Vanitas is an Unversed in a way.

Oh~

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Vanitas is a being with a heart of pure darkness. Not a heartless, not a nobody, not an unversed. Just a person with a steaming pile of darkness for a heart.

Rexy

Bronze Member
thinking about this, on KHIII Xehanort will be back, what if he returns with a heart of pure darkness, then he joins with a princesses of heart and the X-Blade ir formed once again xD the final boss is Kairi

Crystal

Silver Member
^the equation is accurate :eek:

Vanitas is a being with a heart of pure darkness. Not a heartless, not a nobody, not an unversed. Just a person with a steaming pile of darkness for a heart.

So, Vanitas is not an Unversed?

Rexy

Bronze Member
So, Vanitas is not an Unversed?

yes, Vanitas is NOT an unversed, he is a real person, like Terra, Aqua and Eraqus, the only diference is that he has a heart of pure darkness...Ventus is like the princesses of hearts, he have a heart of pure light

Stars

リク
Uh uh, your wrong, Vanitas does have a heart. Vanitas' heart is the dark half of Ven's heart, so in other words a heart of pure darkness. This was confirmed over and over. Ventus kept the light half of his heart (A.k.a a heart of pure light) and Vanitas got the dark half of Ven's heart (A.k.A a heart of pure darkness) this is what allowed them to forge the X-Blade which can only be made when a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness clash and intersect.

So Vanitas is either (A. A walking heart projecting a body around itself (Similar to what Riku did after XH expelled his heart into the dark realm) or Vanitas is a human, whose body was formed from darkness or some crap like that.

So, Vanitas as dark half of Ven's heart and if Vanitas get destroyed in his battle with Ventus, then Ventus could not wake up again?
thinking about this, on KHIII Xehanort will be back, what if he returns with a heart of pure darkness, then he joins with a princesses of heart and the X-Blade ir formed once again xD the final boss is Kairi

So... Kairi face with Xehanort's voice with X-blade? xD

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
A real person is someone with light and darkness in their heart.

Crystal

Silver Member
If Vanitas being half of the heart of Ventus.
Ven can survived due to the connection with Sora.
How about Vanitas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back