• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D NEW INFORMATION

- multiple ways to interpret the full title
- "Dropping" from heights, "Distance" coming from the gameplay that makes use of the 3D and the ability to move long distances by wall-kicking
- "We want to place particular focus on the form of the new Kingdom Hearts action. We want to give the game the feel of breaking speed. We're doing a lot of trials on the development hardware, and when you actually play it, the control feel will be even better than it looks."
- somewhat different playstyle
- switching of characters often after play periods
- "The strategy and tempo all have a fresh feel," said Yasue."
- "As always, we'll have plenty of surprises. To show these surprises, we selected the 3DS, which is hardware that lets us challenge new things." - Nomura
- "the prologue for the final battle as the story approaches the final stages for the current series just ahead of the Kingdom Hearts series' 10th anniversary." - Nomura
- expect previews to hit Japanese magazines next week

Interesting, so this method of speedy travel is called wall kicking?

Well then no surprise why they added Notre Dame because in the move there was a song/scene where Quazimodo slid and jumped all across the towers of notre dame, and i'm guessing we may see that implemented in the Notre Dame world for KH3D.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Pocahontas a shoe-in because of the scene where she jumps of the cliff? I THINK SO.
Anyways, I can't believe SE has conned me into waiting another million years and buying another expensive system. D:
But now I'm really hyped and can't wait to see which worlds are next.

Revolution

Interesting, so this method of speedy travel is called wall kicking?

Well then no surprise why they added Notre Dame because in the move there was a song/scene where Quazimodo slid and jumped all across the towers of notre dame, and i'm guessing we may see that implemented in the Notre Dame world for KH3D.

This is sounding more and more like Assassin's Creed. Which isn't a bad thing.

I wonder if they'll keep that and upgrade it whenever KH3 comes around.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is sounding more and more like Assassin's Creed. Which isn't a bad thing.

I wonder if they'll keep that and upgrade it whenever KH3 comes around.

Didn't they say that the battle system they are using is a stepping stone to what they'll use in '3'?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
im pissed if they consider BBS FM a new release for 2011, they should have 3D out in december...
I believe they never said "new game out every year"
I believe they also never said that the game out every year thing was restricted to Japan.
Take it as- New: Re:Coded for us
Game out: Re:Coded/FM

BladeofHearts18

I think KH:3D will be out by october/november of this year. I don't think Nomura would want us to wait such a long time in between games. He has not done it to us yet, and i don't think he's going to start now. Also, i think KH:3 will be out by 2013/2014. Since 3D is the prologue to the final battle, i'm thinking that Nomura already has an idea in his head of how the final battle will go down.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
... i want this game, the thought of waiting another year and a half bugs me... then again, i waited three years for BBS.

There is always going to be the wait.
The wait between KH1 and 2 was 3-4 years(with CoM to whet peoples appetites)
The wait for 2-BBS was 4-5 years
I'm sure a year and a bit isn't that much compared to those. Besides, we have these side games to tie us over until the release

I think KH:3D will be out by october/november of this year. I don't think Nomura would want us to wait such a long time in between games. He has not done it to us yet, and i don't think he's going to start now. Also, i think KH:3 will be out by 2013/2014. Since 3D is the prologue to the final battle, i'm thinking that Nomura already has an idea in his head of how the final battle will go down.
hehehehehehehe
hahahahahahaha
You're funny :3

SoraKing3

Banned
I also expect KH DDD to be out this year, only because BBS FM and Re:Coded are technically remakes, not new titles, and I think Nomura said something about wanting to release a new title every year.

Revolution

What are you on?

First off, Nomura has had a while delays for games (II to III...) and we just had ReCoded, so it isn't a long wait. 3D will probably be out next year for JP and maybe for US and Europe, with III in 2015-ish

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I also expect KH DDD to be out this year, only because BBS FM and Re:Coded are technically remakes, not new titles, and I think Nomura said something about wanting to release a new title every year.

Can someone show me where he said "new title every year"?
I could swear it was just title.
Also, Re:Coded may be a remake, but it's new to the western audience.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Where were you between 2006 (Year of KH2's release in NA) and 2009? sure we had KH2FM and Re:COM between those years, but the first NEW game didn't come out until 2009 and that was 358/2 days and the cellphone version of Re:Coded.

Nah, 2012 sounds about right for this game. Though I do agree we may see KH3 by 2013/2014 since they said that it wouldn't take nearly as long to make KH3 as it did for Versus XIII since now they will have plenty of experience working with the PS3, with Versus XIII there was alot of trial and error, there wont be as much with KH3.

So in the end this is what I would expect:

1. Versus XIII: Early 2012 (JAP) Summer or Fall 2012 (NA)

2. KH3D: Winter 2012 (JAP) Early 2013 (NA)

3. KH3: Late Fall or Winter 2013 (JAP) Early or Mid 2014 (NA)

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Exciting! I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Who will replace Tony Jay though? (And I really like the Xemnas/ Ansem fights at the end of the trailer, but I have a feeling these are simply illusions)

Also, if the worlds are illusions - at least going by the reuse of KH1 models- why did Yensid pick Hunchback's world?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

I hope this isnt limited to Notre dame.
It reminded me of Dissidia a lot, which can never hurt.

SoraKing3

Banned

I may have misinterpreted what he said. He did say that there will be a release every year, I just discounted the remakes. Sorry for the misinformation I posted.

Amulet

He only said "I'd like to see a Kingdom Hearts title out every year." He never said anything about NEW.
For those thinking that KH3D will be out this year, get over it. Birth by Sleep: Final Mix was 2011, done deal.

Remember, Winter 2012 is Q1 2012 meaning the first quarter of the year. January - March/April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back