• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Aqua is overrated???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

terraisawesome12

I think she's overrated as all hell. I also think she's a walking Deus Ex Machina, but that's a different story.

She appeared in ONE game, and she's already being pushed in our faces. Hell, even before BBS was out, she was hyped out because...OMG A GIRL WHO CAN FIGHT!!(Big deal, Kairi and Xion can fight too.) As if she wasn't hyped enough, they had to go and make a Birth By Sleep Volume 2.......WITH AQUA AS THE MAIN CHARACTER. They never did ANYTHING like this for Kairi, or any other female character. They could have just merged it with BBS, but they just had to hype up Aqua some more...

vnnk

No shut up people like her for her personality. She i dear to her friends and would do anything and had basicly gave her life just so her friend could live regardless of what is wrong with him. There is a reason every one loves her just look at the proof why people love her

terraisawesome12

No shut up people like her for her personality. She i dear to her friends and would do anything and had basicly gave her life just so her friend could live regardless of what is wrong with him. There is a reason every one loves her just look at the proof why people love her

I still think it's dumb that they had to make a BBS Volume 2. They didn't do this with any other character. I didn't say no one liked her for her personality, but some people only like her because we "finally get a female character who can fight". WOW, I'm so amazed, she can fight, so can Kairi and Xion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I still think it's dumb that they had to make a BBS Volume 2. They didn't do this with any other character.

Why dumb?
It isn't even confirmed that Aqua will be the only playable character. Riku and Mickey may play a role too.
And concerning the BBS cast, Aqua is the only one of the Trio who still can have an big impact on the story.

Terra is trapped within Xehanort and Ventus is badly injured taking a nap inside Sora's heart.

terraisawesome12

Why dumb?
It isn't even confirmed that Aqua will be the only playable character. Riku and Mickey may play a role too.
And concerning the BBS cast, Aqua is the only one of the Trio who still can have an big impact on the story.

Terra is trapped within Xehanort and Ventus is badly injured taking a nap inside Sora's heart.

It's just an excuse to milk Aqua and the series.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I wouldn't say that she's overrated, I understand where people are coming from with liking her. I can't say I was impressed though, but I give her the benefit of the doubt of being in BBS, a game I found to be overall lacking as far as characters were concerned (the best characters imo were Terra for concept and ironically Eraqus, who was about the most minor character aside from Vanitas).

What irks me the most is that the game doesn't even try to paint her as the saint most of her fans do. The Fairy Godmother, Ven and Yen Sid all tell her what she's doing isn't quite the way to go and is even the wrong way to go about things. Way I see it she's a big part of why Terra fell that badly into the Darkness and I can't say she made all the right decisions, like leaving Ven alone in Radiant Garden after she just saw that a violent maniac was out to get him and Terra.
Her character's also kind of contradictory at times, from believing Terra's in the right way to suddenly believing he fell to Darkness because the same old woman she told Ven not to listen to yapped her mouth ONCE. Also the issue of thinking Ven might finally be ready to spread his wings but, durr, no. Guess not. Circumstances do explain some of it but the overall stringing of her behavior is just poorly done, imo.
I might be able to appreciate her depending on her role and development in future installments, and I do appreciate her concept of being the caring, considerate friend who's just too zealous so she helped ruin everything. At the moment though she's a mediocre character until she gets some time in a game whose character structure doesn't make me lose by raging.

It's just an excuse to milk Aqua and the series.

I'd sooner say it was an excuse to milk the series, less so Aqua herself. As said before she is the only member of TAV available to do anything with unless you want to play as Terra's Lingering Sentiment. Oh no, I know, let's play as Ven. Achievement - go through 20 hours of him sitting in the CoW without skip-scening.
The Realm of Darkness is a place whose story Nomura wanted to tell for ages. I wouldn't necesarilly go as far as say there're other scenarios, but they can use the chance to show us what Mickey's been doing there during KH1 and maybe tidbits about Riku and other people who might've stumbled in there.
Eternal kudos for showing us the Apprentices become Nobodies.

tl;dr it's a story that needs to be told, and with Nomura saying that Aqua's the true protagonsit of the BBS line, it's about time he lived up to it rather than have her be an onlooker.

terraisawesome12

I wouldn't say that she's overrated, I understand where people are coming from with liking her. I can't say I was impressed though, but I give her the benefit of the doubt of being in BBS, a game I found to be overall lacking as far as characters were concerned (the best characters imo were Terra for concept and ironically Eraqus, who was about the most minor character aside from Vanitas).

What irks me the most is that the game doesn't even try to paint her as the saint most of her fans do. The Fairy Godmother, Ven and Yen Sid all tell her what she's doing isn't quite the way to go and is even the wrong way to go about things. Way I see it she's a big part of why Terra fell that badly into the Darkness and I can't say she made all the right decisions, like leaving Ven alone in Radiant Garden after she just saw that a violent maniac was out to get him and Terra.
Her character's also kind of contradictory at times, from believing Terra's in the right way to suddenly believing he fell to Darkness because the same old woman she told Ven not to listen to yapped her mouth ONCE. Also the issue of thinking Ven might finally be ready to spread his wings but, durr, no. Guess not. Circumstances do explain some of it but the overall stringing of her behavior is just poorly done, imo.
I might be able to appreciate her depending on her role and development in future installments, and I do appreciate her concept of being the caring, considerate friend who's just too zealous so she helped ruin everything. At the moment though she's a mediocre character until she gets some time in a game whose character structure doesn't make me lose by raging.

I'd sooner say it was an excuse to milk the series, less so Aqua herself. As said before she is the only member of TAV available to do anything with unless you want to play as Terra's Lingering Sentiment. Oh no, I know, let's play as Ven. Achievement - go through 20 hours of him sitting in the CoW without skip-scening.
The Realm of Darkness is a place whose story Nomura wanted to tell for ages. I wouldn't necesarilly go as far as say there're other scenarios, but they can use the chance to show us what Mickey's been doing there during KH1 and maybe tidbits about Riku and other people who might've stumbled in there.
Eternal kudos for showing us the Apprentices become Nobodies.

tl;dr it's a story that needs to be told, and with Nomura saying that Aqua's the true protagonsit of the BBS line, it's about time he lived up to it rather than have her be an onlooker.

The sad thing is, I think I'd rather play that than see more of my hated characters.

Also, we already had a good idea of what might have happened between BBS and the other games. Volume 2 might only leave more questions.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Also, we already had a good idea of what might have happened between BBS and the other games. Volume 2 might only leave more questions.

Actually, we don't. If only because it's such a painfully long period of time.
And of course it'll leave questions, there're other games a-coming. A game has no true right of existence if it doesn't give room for development, unless it's the final game in the series.

terraisawesome12

Actually, we don't. If only because it's such a painfully long period of time.
And of course it'll leave questions, there're other games a-coming. A game has no true right of existence if it doesn't give room for development, unless it's the final game in the series.

Good point, but my opinion on Aqua still stands.

Revolution

To be honest, we don't even know if BBSv2 is even a game or how many characters there are going to be playable as.

Plus, of TAV, Aqua's is the only story that can really be expanded upon. And there may be something relevant found by playing as her in the RoD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Plus, of TAV, Aqua's is the only story that can really be expanded upon. And there may be something relevant found by playing as her in the RoD

All of TAV's stories can be expanded upon seeing how besides how them screwing up kind of doomed the universe for a decade to come, we don't know anything about them. Alternatively, their stories will be expanded on in KH3 - leaving Aqua as the only one whose story can be expanded upon in a game they numbered 0.5.

Revolution

All of TAV's stories can be expanded upon seeing how besides how them screwing up kind of doomed the universe for a decade to come, we don't know anything about them. Alternatively, their stories will be expanded on in KH3 - leaving Aqua as the only one whose story can be expanded upon in a game they numbered 0.5.

I know they will be expanded upon in 3, but as of now, they really can't. Terra is in Xehanort and Ven is still in his comatose state. And there would be no purpose of going even further back in the series.

Revolution

I have three words for you.
Keyblade Wars.
but that goes a mite too far to be included in 'Sora's story', sadly.

We already pretty much know what happen's then, based on what we've heard in game.

There's not a need for that game. Sure, it would be cool to fight as the ancient Keyblade wielders, but no need.

vnnk

I have three words for you.
Keyblade Wars.
but that goes a mite too far to be included in 'Sora's story', sadly.
Sora story thing again. MEH.....

Lets just hope we get to see more of the Keyblade war. Honestly i think they will show something cutseneish just look at the keyblade graveyard the marks are very precise.

Plus King Triton Still need to explain that a little hopefully

Ronove

Over-rated seems to be a universal term for "She's popular but I don't like her."

I like Aqua, she's a warrior who gets things done. And though you say "she's being shoved in our face", it's more or less the other way around.

She's just really freaking popular.

Plus goddamn is her fighting style fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back