• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

⊰✬⊱ The Roxas♥Naminé Fanclub ⊰✬⊱

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
"You were never supposed to exist, Roxas."

I never saw anything wrong with that line in the first place anyway. It's just one of those lame attempts to make a sentence look worse than it is just to make said pairing appear negative. When I first witnessed the scene, all I saw was Naminé being genuinely honest. Not to hurt him, but to, like you said, answer his question the way she interpreted it to be. Especially since she doesn't think much of herself in terms of a Nobody either. Her tone, her looks, her movements. There was absolutely no ill will. She obviously didn't think it was going to be taken the wrong way. Is anything tactless "evil" now? I come to KHI, and now there's this whole thing that it's such a horrible thing to say OMG and that she doesn't care about him, and whatnot. I'm like...really?

I expected better.

Not that it matters, considering both didn't blow it out of proportion, if at all. They just kept talking, thought nothing of it, and still became good companions. If it doesn't affect the characters or their opinions about each other, hell I care what others think. They weren't the two in the conversation. And, apparently, it ended well.

And even though he was the one who needed her, I love how when she's talking about her dilemma with her powers, he feels bad that he can't help her figure it out. The way she smiles, you can tell she thinks it's cute because she wasn't really asking him to help her, but it's nice to know that he cares.

zcanthelpyouthereo.gif

♥​

There's a RokuNami HC now? *sigh* Can't say I'm not surprised.

LOL. There is? I wonder who opened it.

...please tell me I'm at least a little bit off on who I think it is before I check...

EDIT: FACK IT xD.

Last edited:

NeoEevee

I actually decided to give it a try after I saw that it was so highly recommended on TV Tropes and available on YouTube, and WHOA I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO BE THAT GOOD! O_O

Anyways, guess what, Neo? You inspired me. I am now working on a fanfic that involves Roxas, Namine, and MAGICAL PONIES! (It's not an MLP crossover though.)
Yaaay! Another minion for the Magical Pony Overlord! CB

YES! It drives me crazy sometimes, but I think it happens to most writers. You write whatever you're in the mood to write, and since I love so many different pairings, I guess it makes sense that I would rotate on which ones I enjoy the most at certain times.
Y'know what's even worse? When you're in the mood to write... but you can't tear your eyes off the fascinating internet thing you're reading because it's so very sparkly...

I never saw anything wrong with that line in the first place anyway. It's just one of those lame attempts to make a sentence look worse than it is just to make said pairing appear negative. When I first witnessed the scene, all I saw was Naminé being genuinely honest. Not to hurt him, but to, like you said, answer his question the way she interpreted it to be. Especially since she doesn't think much of herself in terms of a Nobody either. Her tone, her looks, her movements. There was absolutely no ill will. She obviously didn't think it was going to be taken the wrong way. Is anything tactless "evil" now? I come to KHI, and now there's this whole thing that it's such a horrible thing to say OMG and that she doesn't care about him, and whatnot. I'm like...really?
Reminds me of the infamous SoRiku reunion scene from KH2... which makes me think, don't fans have a tendency to take things that support their views and well... twist them around? And even if you're not twisting what actually happened, you're still biased to look at it one way or another.

xD; We all have different ways of looking at the same games, I guess. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as we're not getting into fights about it.

Not that it matters, considering both didn't blow it out of proportion, if at all. They just kept talking, thought nothing of it, and still became good companions. If it doesn't affect the characters or their opinions about each other, hell I care what others think. They weren't the two in the conversation. And, apparently, it ended well.
I'll say, especially with them smiling at each other at the end of the game. <3

*tries to read Japanese subtitles*

Darnit, they move too fast. D<

...please tell me I'm at least a little bit off on who I think it is before I check...

*sigh* Yeah, pretty much.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I'm surprised it took so long. But hey, we've got the Rion HC. And it's....RIGHT. ;)

That surprised me, too. xD I doubt it'll stay active; most couple HCs usually become inactive quickly.

And even though he was the one who needed her, I love how when she's talking about her dilemma with her powers, he feels bad that he can't help her figure it out. The way she smiles, you can tell she thinks it's cute because she wasn't really asking him to help her, but it's nice to know that he cares.

Oh, I know. <3 You can practically hear her silent 'thank you'.
I also love how her helping him was her choice. Some haters believe Namine only helped him to manipulate him to go back to Sora (despite the fact that this act would be the complete opposite of her character; Namine wouldn't want to manipulate someone again, not after how it affected Sora when she did it to him - to believe that she would do it again makes her seem like the Sora-obsessed bitch people claim Kairi to be), but DiZ already had that covered, so manipulation on Namine's part would be completely unnecessary. Yet, despite that fact, Namine even went against DiZ to help Roxas. Why would she do that if she didn't care about him?

Agreed. If anything, it sounded like she thought she was helping him. She tells Roxas what he needs to hear, not what she thinks he wants to hear. And judging from his attitude in Days and KH2, that's really what he wanted, even if the truth hurt.

Exactly. She was even sorry that the truth had hurt him, but she still felt it was something he deserved to know.

I never saw anything wrong with that line in the first place anyway. It's just one of those lame attempts to make a sentence look worse than it is just to make said pairing appear negative.

Agreed. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. *glances at the 'he can take care of himself' line*

When I first witnessed the scene, all I saw was Naminé being genuinely honest. Not to hurt him, but to, like you said, answer his question the way she interpreted it to be. Especially since she doesn't think much of herself in terms of a Nobody either. Her tone, her looks, her movements. There was absolutely no ill will. She obviously didn't think it was going to be taken the wrong way. Is anything tactless "evil" now? I come to KHI, and now there's this whole thing that it's such a horrible thing to say OMG and that she doesn't care about him, and whatnot. I'm like...really?

I expected better.

Couldn't have said it better myself. <3

Yeah. Roxas was obviously a little stung by it, but Namine apologized for hurting him and they moved on. To them, it wasn't a big enough deal to dwell on.

Not surprising, really. Though, like Org_42, I am surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Muse

you look atrocious
okay, while i know how much of a bad idea this is, i'm just gonna bite

what makes it so BAD to have differing opinions over pairings? :v

what is it about not sharing the same opinion over couples that automatically turns clubs into mortal enemies?

NeoEevee

what is it about not sharing the same opinion over couples that automatically turns clubs into mortal enemies?

Ohdearohdearohdear I knew someone was gonna take that the wrong way.... ><;;; *flails*

It's not... bad, per se, I think it's just a gut reaction we have to people not liking the things we like, so we try to justify our liking them and then we get into fights andandandand-

Yeah, it's just a reaction. Hopefully we can at least coexist, agree on the things we do agree on and agree to disagree on the other things. ^^;

Muse

you look atrocious
then i guess it's just a difference in opinion

i mean, alright, i absolutely adore sonami

i think that they're sweet and so ridiculously cute and i blame this entirely on the manga

but if i see people disagree with me, then i'm simply going to shrug it off

it doesn't bother me any if they don't agree with me; that's just their opinion and really, the only opinion that should matter to me is my own

but then again, this is all just my opinion

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I don't think she meant it like that, Rali. ^^;
Personally, I'm fine with differing opinions. I do admit that the re-opening of the SoKai CC worries me, though. Not because it implies dislike to the pairing, but rather that animosity will arise between the CC and the FC. When I re-opened the FC, the CC was created not long after in a form of retaliation (as the owner admitted to me after the club's opening), and it sparked a few arguments that ended in a warning or two. I just hope that doesn't happen again; I'd like it if everyone involved (both in the FCs and the CCs) can and will respect each others difference of opinion this time around. I'm glad, Rali, that you're one of the people who can do just that. =)

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Personally, I'm fine with differing opinions. I do admit that the re-opening of the SoKai CC worries me, though. Not because it implies dislike to the pairing, but rather that animosity will arise between the CC and the FC. When I re-opened the FC, the CC was created not long after in a form of retaliation (as the owner admitted to me after the club's opening), and it sparked a few arguments that ended in a warning or two. I just hope that doesn't happen again; I'd like it if everyone involved (both in the FCs and the CCs) can and will respect each others difference of opinion this time around. I'm glad, Rali, that you're one of the people who can do just that. =)

I said this in the CC and I'll say it again here; I personally would be happy if the CC and the FC made an alliance, but IDK where Smile stands on that matter. Remember; I initially made the CC as a HC and turned it into the CC once I realized I liked SoKai again. The Critic Club is neutral ground for haters and lovers to meet and realize the positives and negatives of the pairing and try to agree on ways to improve the pairing.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I said this in the CC and I'll say it again here; I personally would be happy if the CC and the FC made an alliance, but IDK where Smile stands on that matter. Remember; I initially made the CC as a HC and turned it into the CC once I realized I liked SoKai again. The Critic Club is neutral ground for haters and lovers to meet and realize the positives and negatives of the pairing and try to agree on ways to improve the pairing.

There's one thing I don't get though: WHY do we need a Critic Club to criticize? Criticism is not a bad thing, it doesn't mean you're any less of a fan. So why can't we just criticize the couple in the FC? D: I'd like to believe that most of the FC members are not part of the fandumb and can admit that there are flaws in the couple we love. And haters can also come to the FC and criticize with us, so long as they're respectful about it; debates are in and of themselves are not hateful, not like arguments. Hell, Kairi HCers used to do that all the time at the Kairi FC.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
There's one thing I don't get though: WHY do we need a Critic Club to criticize? Criticism is not a bad thing, it doesn't mean you're any less of a fan. So why can't we just criticize the couple in the FC? D: I'd like to believe that most of the FC members are not part of the fandumb and can admit that there are flaws in the couple we love. And haters can also come to the FC and criticize with us, so long as they're respectful about it; debates are in and of themselves are not hateful, not like arguments. Hell, Kairi HCers used to do that all the time at the Kairi FC.

Because no one ever really criticizes in the FCs. xD And HCers going to FCers territory and vice-versa can be a bit unfair at times, as it's a smaller visiting group approaching the entirety of the opposing views. It'd be easy to be overwhelmed in such encounters and end up being offensive about it.

So the CC is neutral ground where both ends of the spectrum can have their say without having to feel overwhelmed, and it'd be easier to keep in check with behaviors (let's be honest here folks; bias can blind us on our friends' and our own behaviors).

Muse

you look atrocious

tbh, i wasn't referring to her when i first said that :c

Personally, I'm fine with differing opinions. I do admit that the re-opening of the SoKai CC worries me, though. Not because it implies dislike to the pairing, but rather that animosity will arise between the CC and the FC. When I re-opened the FC, the CC was created not long after in a form of retaliation (as the owner admitted to me after the club's opening), and it sparked a few arguments that ended in a warning or two.

see, now i can understand why you'd be apprehensive about something like that, and that's a completely valid point

I just hope that doesn't happen again; I'd like it if everyone involved (both in the FCs and the CCs) can and will respect each others difference of opinion this time around. I'm glad, Rali, that you're one of the people who can do just that. =)

honestly i'd prefer it if there weren't any arguments either~

really now, squabbling over things like that is completely unnecessary and childish

and i'm glad that you are as well C:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
YAY FOR LONG REPLIES TO EVERYONE:

I wasn't trying to make my comment sound like that. Not at all. I just saw the reasons in the HC and wanted to talk about why I disagreed with the one that keeps getting brought up the most, about how Namine told Roxas he was never meant to exist. But I didn't want to invade the HC with cries of, "YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG!" and ruin their fun, so I thought it would be better to just come here instead to explain how I felt about that exchange between Roxas and Namine. I hope I didn't offend you in any way! :(

Is anything tactless "evil" now?

*sigh* It sure seems that way, doesn't it?

That's a good point; I forgot about that. Roxas himself turned out to be fine with it and still wanted to see Namine every day on Destiny Islands through Sora and Kairi, so he was obviously okay with it.

D'AWWWWWWWW!

Yaaay! Another minion for the Magical Pony Overlord! CB

YEP! I finished Part 1, but I want to finish the whole thing before I post the fanfic on KHI (it'll be in three/four parts).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Y'know what's even worse? When you're in the mood to write... but you can't tear your eyes off the fascinating internet thing you're reading because it's so very sparkly...

Ugh, I KNOW! That happens to me all the time!

Reminds me of the infamous SoRiku reunion scene from KH2... which makes me think, don't fans have a tendency to take things that support their views and well... twist them around? And even if you're not twisting what actually happened, you're still biased to look at it one way or another.

LOL, yeah, that's a pretty apt definition of Fandom, especially Shipper Fandom. We all do it. :)

That surprised me, too. xD I doubt it'll stay active; most couple HCs usually become inactive quickly.

I wonder why that is? :confused: I guess it actually goes back to the "no pairings are canon" rule; since they're not likely to happen (unlike, say, Xion's possible return or Kairi getting a Keyblade), people can simply speak their minds and then move on to other things.

Oh, I know. <3 You can practically hear her silent 'thank you'.
I also love how her helping him was her choice. Some haters believe Namine only helped him to manipulate him to go back to Sora (despite the fact that this act would be the complete opposite of her character; Namine wouldn't want to manipulate someone again, not after how it affected Sora when she did it to him - to believe that she would do it again makes her seem like the Sora-obsessed bitch people claim Kairi to be), but DiZ already had that covered, so manipulation on Namine's part would be completely unnecessary. Yet, despite that fact, Namine even went against DiZ to help Roxas. Why would she do that if she didn't care about him?

It's such a sweet scene! :3 <3<3

You hit the nail on the head. You know, Roxas' plight reminds me of a moment in the third book of The Hunger Games, when the protagonist, Katniss gets angry at one of her best friends for hiding something from her. I won't say anymore in case anyone here hasn't read it yet (though you really should; they're excellent books), but this quote in particular reminded me of Roxas:

The Hunger Games said:
I don't care. I'm sick of people lying to me for my own good. Because really it's mostly for their own good.

That's more or less what happens to Roxas, even from people who really do care about him, like Axel and Xion. So, IMO, Namine's probably the best fit for him, because she doesn't just care about him, she understands and respects him as a person who can take care of himself and who doesn't want or deserve pampering.

Muse

you look atrocious
I wasn't trying to make my comment sound like that. Not at all. I just saw the reasons in the HC and wanted to talk about why I disagreed with the one that keeps getting brought up the most, about how Namine told Roxas he was never meant to exist. But I didn't want to invade the HC with cries of, "YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG!" and ruin their fun, so I thought it would be better to just come here instead to explain how I felt about that exchange between Roxas and Namine. I hope I didn't offend you in any way! :(

i'm not offended, i'm just... baffled because it seems like any time, ANY SINGLE TIME there's ever a club opened that's even the slightest bit negative, it seems as though this uproar just BREAKS out, even when there hasn't even been anything SAID yet

i'm more sympathetic in the case of the sokai fc vs the sokai cc, due to the history of the kairi fans vs the non-fans (a history of which we've both taken part of) and i know just how tense and really, how hateful the fighting can be

but in other cases, to the extent of my knowledge, there wasn't even ANY conflict between the groups

at least until the hc/cc showed up

and that's... what baffles me

that even without there having been conflicts in the past, that automatically any club that's negative towards anything is treated by unanimous negativity

the biggest thing that gets me, that i'm probably going to offend people over, is the fact that it doesn't seem like there's any real hostility behind the idea of the club, whatever it may be but that the hostility is behind the person who MADE the club

it really feels as though sometimes, the only reason conflict rises up between clubs is because of past hostilities and arguments and honestly, i don't think that's fair

but that's just me rambling

feel more than free to tear this to shreds

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Finished the picture!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Because no one ever really criticizes in the FCs. xD And HCers going to FCers territory and vice-versa can be a bit unfair at times, as it's a smaller visiting group approaching the entirety of the opposing views. It'd be easy to be overwhelmed in such encounters and end up being offensive about it.

So the CC is neutral ground where both ends of the spectrum can have their say without having to feel overwhelmed, and it'd be easier to keep in check with behaviors (let's be honest here folks; bias can blind us on our friends' and our own behaviors).

I don't see why not. :c I love SoKai to bits (it's my OTP), but I'd be glad to criticize it and explain what I think could make it better. Plus, if we're all as open to opinions as we say we are, we should be open to criticism as well. Like I said, we gladly criticized Kairi at the Kairi FC, and were open to HCers who wished to do the same. Yes, sometimes it got heated, but we did our best to apologize where apologies were necessary and smooth any ruffled feathers. The same for the Xion HC before it became a CC; even though 99% of the members were haters, they were still open to debate and willing to have fans stop by and criticize Xion so long as they were respectful about it.

But what happens if bias people go to a CC? D:

tbh, i wasn't referring to her when i first said that :c

OH! I'm sorry. xD;

see, now i can understand why you'd be apprehensive about something like that, and that's a completely valid point

Thank you. Shipping wars can start at the drop of a hat, especially about something as subjective as SoKai. It's happened before, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

honestly i'd prefer it if there weren't any arguments either~

really now, squabbling over things like that is completely unnecessary and childish

and i'm glad that you are as well C:

It IS unnecessary and childish. I mean, I know we loves these games, but at the end of the day, that's all they are; video games. The character and shipping wars that often take place? Over fictional characters. It's NOT worth it. These games are meant to be fun, not to be taken so seriously. Why people seem to forget this is beyond me. So what if someone likes a character you dislike, or hates a pairing you like? It's not a big deal.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

OMG. xD I want to read that!

I wonder why that is? :confused: I guess it actually goes back to the "no pairings are canon" rule; since they're not likely to happen (unlike, say, Xion's possible return or Kairi getting a Keyblade), people can simply speak their minds and then move on to other things.

Yeah, pairings are more subjective than characters, so there's only so much one can criticize. I think it's easier to critique facts than opinions.

It's such a sweet scene! :3 <3<3

You hit the nail on the head. You know, Roxas' plight reminds me of a moment in the third book of The Hunger Games, when the protagonist, Katniss gets angry at one of her best friends for hiding something from her. I won't say anymore in case anyone here hasn't read it yet (though you really should; they're excellent books), but this quote in particular reminded me of Roxas:

The Hunger Games said:
I don't care. I'm sick of people lying to me for my own good. Because really it's mostly for their own good.

That's more or less what happens to Roxas, even from people who really do care about him, like Axel and Xion. So, IMO, Namine's probably the best fit for him, because she doesn't just care about him, she understands and respects him as a person who can take care of himself and who doesn't want or deserve pampering.

Oh, wow. o_o That quote really DOES suit the situation. It almost sounds like something Roxas would have said. I'm sure that's certainly how he felt.
Exactly. If she didn't, she'd sugarcoat it or not even bother telling him at all.

the biggest thing that gets me, that i'm probably going to offend people over, is the fact that it doesn't seem like there's any real hostility behind the idea of the club, whatever it may be but that the hostility is behind the person who MADE the club

it really feels as though sometimes, the only reason conflict rises up between clubs is because of past hostilities and arguments and honestly, i don't think that's fair

Agreed to an extent. If it's someone who is known for starting shit regarding the subject the club is created about, then I could understand the concern. But if the person in question doesn't really start arguments about the club's main topic, then it's profiling and completely bias. For example, although she's been in her share of arguments (who hasn't on this site?), I haven't really seen Smile creating e-drama about RokuNami. Because of that, although it's a little sad to see the HC/CC pop up, I'm not particularly worried. SoKai, however, seems to be a hot topic in KH drama (actually, just about anything regarding Kairi, period, is a hot topic in KH drama), so I am a little concerned about that.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Interjection.

Reika, I doubt anyone from the Xion CC will feel too at ease or even welcome to critic her in the Xion FC, amirite? And it's not like we worship the girl blindly, we do admit that she has her flaws and the game she was introduced in could've been better.
But there's still the FC and the CC, and I don't think anyone's complaining so far, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, note how you said one time that fans can come to critic in a CC and one time critics can come critic in an FC. So you already accepted the differentiation yourself.
Because despite there being criticism, in order for you to post freely in a fanclub, you need to answer one very obvious requirement. That's why people are members of opposing clubs, not just when dealing with Xion.
So no, criticism in the SoKai FC is, imo, not a good idea. Especially since it seems like FCs turn rather defensive. I should know, why I tried criticising civilly in the SoKai FC, it felt like I was being chased out and scorned. When in the original Kairi FC that I opened, I talked about how I'd like to see Kairi in the future and how I felt she could be improved, being hopeful, the only ones posting were Lifes.Lover and I - two proclaimed haters at the time.
Why? Because it's a fanclub. The bottom line isn't "it could've been better", rather "I still like it" - as opposed to a CC, which is why Virgil and I felt the need to reopen it.
And then, of course, there're the people who, much like how you'd dislike seeing blunt hate about the couple in the FC, wouldn't stand seeing too much blunt love which is also something people need to invest thought into. Those people won't manage in an FC.
tl;dr I fail to see why things need to get so heated and for there to be apologies. If you know you'll end up needing to apologize about it... why do it at all?

SoKai, however, seems to be a hot topic in KH drama (actually, just about anything regarding Kairi, period, is a hot topic in KH drama), so I am a little concerned about that.

Isn't it better then that the worst of the worst be thrown someplace where you won't have to see it? Where steam can be let out away from, say, the KH sections or hell - even the SoKai FC as you originally suggested. Granted, it's not an HC and we shot down a couple of people who tried suggesting otherwise (most likely because I'm the reopener, derp), but it will give a place for things more of "that" nature whereas in an FC it might be seen as offensive. In a CC you know what you're getting yourself into, or at least - I should hope you do. Granted, no bashing belongs there, but there won't be the kind of sugarcoating you sometimes find in FCs.

Now, returning to the topic at hand, being ROKUNAMI (oh hey, let's ALL do this!)
I still need memes :C usually a concept shapes itself out in my mind the instant I come up with it (lord knows that overdue Valentine's Rion hit me when I least expected it last night) but this one just isn't working ;_; halp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back