• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

Come again?

KH2's story wasn't very good. It could have had a decent story, but it was ruined by awful dialogue and overall terrible execution and presentation.

Pretty much this, though I would admit it isn't the worse offender of the SE's bad storyline category (Really, that goes to The Third Birthday. That was just insulting). If I could give KH any credit, it's that...

...it's that...

I can't bring myself to say anything positive about the storyline. I just feel sick inside.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

KH2's storyline did suck. It wasn't surprising in any way, well at least the end wasn't, like Epic_Finale722 said. No big twist = poor.

localorange

KH2's storyline did suck. It wasn't surprising in any way, well at least the end wasn't, like Epic_Finale722 said. No big twist = poor.

The problem with KH2 was that there wasn't any solid storyline that could be identified, in stark contrast to, "Sora teams up with Donald and Goofy to save Kairi and Riku from Maleficent's evil plans to use the Princesses of Heart to open the door to Kingdom Hearts and leave the door open for a larger enemy to reign supreme (Ansem SoD).

KH2 was just...."Sora, Donald, and Goofy awaken from their 1 year slumber to find Riku and the king, reunite with old friends, make new ones, and learn "philosophical stuff" on the way." It's way too vague, and makes for a poor plot. Not to mention that Disney wasn't as properly integrated in KH2 - like it was in KH1. What needs to happen is that every world needs to be confronted with an outside source - much like Belle and Beast were confronted with Xaldin (which was the best thing in KH2 as far as Disney and Kingdom Hearts OCs blending together i feel). Then the Disney characters are forced to act accordingly, and we can truly see them come to life as something more real. Other than that, they're just going through their original plot.

Nomura had a chance to do this with Org XIII actually - and it only came out magnificently well with Xaldin bullying the Beast and Belle a bit at her wits end until her crowning moment of awesome.

And speaking of twists....I think a very nice twist would be for Aqua's light zealousness and her time in the RoD finally getting to her - and she ends up becoming an antagonist for Sora and Riku, perhaps harming Sora by the end of 3D, and causing Riku to rise to the occasion to be the keyblade master that Terra saw him as. And it would certainly be shocking, especially if done right. Of course this means she has to leave the RoD, but that can be done easily enough at the very most, halfway through the game.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

And speaking of twists....I think a very nice twist would be for Aqua's light zealousness and her time in the RoD finally getting to her - and she ends up becoming an antagonist for Sora and Riku, perhaps harming Sora by the end of 3D, and causing Riku to rise to the occasion to be the keyblade master that Terra saw him as. And it would certainly be shocking, especially if done right. Of course this means she has to leave the RoD, but that can be done easily enough at the very most, halfway through the game.

I really don't think Nomura would make Aqua go crazy from the RoD, cuz at the end of Blank Points, she was filled with joy that she knew Sora would come rescue her.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

I really don't think Nomura would make Aqua go crazy from the RoD, cuz at the end of Blank Points, she was filled with joy that she knew Sora would come rescue her.
Yes, I doubt she'll go insane, too. Probably the only effect it will have on her is a stain of darkness on her heart, nothing more. What I don't understand is how she had been wandering the Dark Realm for ten years and she still keeps her memories, while Ansem the Wise slowly loses his. Is it because of her Wayfinder?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Aside from presentation, I agree. I really don't get how anyone can ask for a self contained story without mentioning KH2. Its just an extra long conclusion to KH1 and KH:CoM. It's also the only game without a major twist in the final act of the story.

I also don't want the same battle system as BBS, I want something new. The Kingdom Hearts franchise despite its highs and lows consistently improves battle mechanics.

3D looks to be delivering on that.
Without a major twist? Roxas showing up to do battle with Sora, Riku appearing as Ansem, Ansem the wise "dying," Xemnas absorbing KH, Sora and Riku getting trapped in the RoD all qualify as twist.

beastlycool

I want the world's to not be so empty, make summons return, not have a crappy fighting system *cough* Chain of Memories *cough*, and bring back partners. I iz getting so lonely :c

Epic_Finale722

Without a major twist? Roxas showing up to do battle with Sora, Riku appearing as Ansem, Ansem the wise "dying," Xemnas absorbing KH, Sora and Riku getting trapped in the RoD all qualify as twist.

None of those turn the story around the way the sora's sacrafice scene in Kingdom Hearts 1, the Namine revelatin scene in CoM, or the Xion Revelation in Days (If you didn't spoil it). Re:coded has the reveal of who was behind the bugs, and BBS has the x-blade reveal the vanitas reveal and the xehanort origin reveal. The closest thing KH2 has to this is the Roxas is Sora's nobody revelation but they give that away at the very beginning.

localorange

Who said it had to be shown? She doesn't have to feel the affects until she's back in the RoL, and then its affect is something she has to fight as she spends a longer time in the RoL. Isn't the tagline of DDD "the brighter the light, the greater your shadow grows" or something like that?

Besides, she will NEED conflict within herself if she didn't learn (or forgot in the RoD) that light and dark have to be balanced.

DarkBladeXIII

The problem with KH2 was that there wasn't any solid storyline that could be identified, in stark contrast to, "Sora teams up with Donald and Goofy to save Kairi and Riku from Maleficent's evil plans to use the Princesses of Heart to open the door to Kingdom Hearts and leave the door open for a larger enemy to reign supreme (Ansem SoD).
which was boring

was just...."Sora, Donald, and Goofy awaken from their 1 year slumber to find Riku and the king, reunite with old friends, make new ones, and learn "philosophical stuff" on the way." It's way too vague, and makes for a poor plot. Not to mention that Disney wasn't as properly integrated in KH2 - like it was in KH1. What needs to happen is that every world needs to be confronted with an outside source - much like Belle and Beast were confronted with Xaldin (which was the best thing in KH2 as far as Disney and Kingdom Hearts OCs blending together i feel). Then the Disney characters are forced to act accordingly, and we can truly see them come to life as something more real. Other than that, they're just going through their original plot.
agreed

Nomura had a chance to do this with Org XIII actually - and it only came out magnificently well with Xaldin bullying the Beast and Belle a bit at her wits end until her crowning moment of awesome.
i feel hes getting closer and closer to bringing characters to life, i felt that roxas and sora in KH recoded were really doing something that touched me inside (might've been gas i dunno) but they gotta start doing something epic with all characters not just their own.

once again you seem to be full of ideas =) maybe the darkness in her could rebel against her light leading to a battle within her heart in which the two forces separate, leaving aquas body with the light and a powerful dark being which escapes the RoD to do harm to sora in which riku fends her off, but then theyll have to balance it out with sora fighting for riku (so maybe MX shows up or vanitas i dunno)

localorange

which was boring

But it was still a plot more solid than KH2

I feel hes getting closer and closer to bringing characters to life, i felt that roxas and sora in KH recoded were really doing something that touched me inside (might've been gas i dunno) but they gotta start doing something epic with all characters not just their own.
Agreed. That's the entire point of a crossover game like this - or at least, an incredibly well done one. Take the characters and have them react to circumstances that normally don't occur in their world, or are entirely out of their control. And if that doesn't happen, then what's happening to the characters in their story should match what the Original Character is dealing with for character development. (IE: An idea of my own - Riku visiting Stitch's Hawaii and having him deal with the "Stitch has a glitch" plotline; IE: Something that already happened: Terra's scenario in Castle of Dreams. As far as advancing original character development and interaction with characters, it was incredibly well done (Not to mention the chemistry was surprising, especially when it came to Terra's personality)).

It's one of the reasons why, for example, when Agrabah returns with Aladdin and the King of Thieves (ideally the only more than tolerable plotline for Agrabah at this point), I would love to see Aladdin's father Cassim commanding heartless. Aladdin has already dealt with extraneous circumstances outside of his control with Jasmine's kidnapping in KH1. Now, he'd be presented with extraneous circumstances that would normally be outside his control...but they actually are in his control. With Sora and co's help, Aladdin can now play (as he should) a major role in getting his dad to do a heelfaceturn like in the movie, only with the added KH benefit of seeing Cassim getting pulled out of the darkness with him loosing command of the heartless. Not only that, but I think it would be fitting - If I had to pick a Disney character that Sora would be bffs with, it would be Aladdin, hands down.

They should also try to bring more of Olympus Colesieum to life. The tournaments? Old. The Colesieum is in a city called Thebes. It's time for that city to be explored.

And while people on here cringe about Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Tron: Legacy, the plotline for the 2nd and 3rd PotC movies and Tron:Legacy play incredibly well into the Kingdom Hearts Universe as a whole. I also think that something can be done with The Haunted Mansion if there are good writers on the team. The plot and characters/universe of the ride would make for a wonderful replacement to Halloween Town (I ignore the movie with Eddie Murphy in it. XDD).

once again you seem to be full of ideas =) maybe the darkness in her could rebel against her light leading to a battle within her heart in which the two forces separate, leaving aquas body with the light and a powerful dark being which escapes the RoD to do harm to sora in which riku fends her off, but then theyll have to balance it out with sora fighting for riku (so maybe MX shows up or vanitas i dunno)

XDDDD You don't even want to know the plotbunnies I have. It's insane.

I feel Aqua turning into a light zealot antagonist will hinge largely on if she A) learned the importance of balancing light and dark in the RoD and B) If she remembers what she learned. Because we do know that the RoD has an affect on memories. We know that Aqua didn't get hit with the affects as bad as say, AtW, but for all we know, her memories could still be affected in more subtle ways that could emerge when she's back in the RoL, and they could be a hinderance to the cause (of defeating Xehanort).

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

That wasn't even the problem for me. It was everything before that. The plot was all over the place without a clear narrative focus and it just ended up being a mess. And, again, the dialogue was really bad.

the vanitas reveal

Which is kind of anti-climactic since you find out like not even halfway through Terra's scenario (which if you're following the recommended order, you played before Ven's); you don't get to see his face but you pretty much know he's going to look like either Ven or Sora (since his VA gives him away).

DarkBladeXIII

But it was still a plot more solid than KH2
yeah i suppose so

Agreed. That's the entire point of a crossover game like this - or at least, an incredibly well done one. Take the characters and have them react to circumstances that normally don't occur in their world, or are entirely out of their control. And if that doesn't happen, then what's happening to the characters in their story should match what the Original Character is dealing with for character development. (IE: An idea of my own - Riku visiting Stitch's Hawaii and having him deal with the "Stitch has a glitch" plotline; IE: Something that already happened: Terra's scenario in Castle of Dreams. As far as advancing original character development and interaction with characters, it was incredibly well done (Not to mention the chemistry was surprising, especially when it came to Terra's personality)).
pardon me but i fail to see how riku could deal with the stitch has a glitch (i havent seen the movie in ages so i forget the key elements) but i dont want to see too many experiments sparky is the limit! (or maybe 625 i dunno). but i agree characters arent adapting as they should i mean cmon since when did simba run away from ghosts! they failed that part in KH2 if only they werent so..... careless with disney characters

t's one of the reasons why, for example, when Agrabah returns with Aladdin and the King of Thieves (ideally the only more than tolerable plotline for Agrabah at this point), I would love to see Aladdin's father Cassim commanding heartless. Aladdin has already dealt with extraneous circumstances outside of his control with Jasmine's kidnapping in KH1. Now, he'd be presented with extraneous circumstances that would normally be outside his control...but they actually are in his control. With Sora and co's help, Aladdin can now play (as he should) a major role in getting his dad to do a heelfaceturn like in the movie, only with the added KH benefit of seeing Cassim getting pulled out of the darkness with him loosing command of the heartless. Not only that, but I think it would be fitting - If I had to pick a Disney character that Sora would be bffs with, it would be Aladdin, hands down.
i dunno i suppose sora could get on with stitch or tron... and again your spouting plots and ideas like a factory does smoke! aladdin should do something epic with his dad (please dont bring back jafar again!) but the main bad guy would be the big bulky guy with a claw wouldnt it? and the final battle taking place in that giant turtle! (with a special command being either turned into gold or turning them into gold! obviously you can break out but still) and right now im begging the KH team..... DONT F*CK WITH GENIE ANYMORE!!! that guy was epic but now..... he acts so..... stupidly annoying i mean he dosent do any more cool transformation or jumping out of a plane as Pocahontas! or any good jokes or tricks, just a load of sparkle and whizzing about!

They should also try to bring more of Olympus Colesieum to life. The tournaments? Old. The Colesieum is in a city called Thebes. It's time for that city to be explored.
agreed! Guys roll in the titans for city demolition!
And while people on here cringe about Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Tron: Legacy, the plotline for the 2nd and 3rd PotC movies and Tron:Legacy play incredibly well into the Kingdom Hearts Universe as a whole. I also think that something can be done with The Haunted Mansion if there are good writers on the team. The plot and characters/universe of the ride would make for a wonderful replacement to Halloween Town (I ignore the movie with Eddie Murphy in it. XDD).

um...... whats the Haunted Mansion?? i dont think ive seen that one.

XDDDD You don't even want to know the plotbunnies I have. It's insane.
bunnies!? i want a Bunny!!!

I feel Aqua turning into a light zealot antagonist will hinge largely on if she A) learned the importance of balancing light and dark in the RoD and B) If she remembers what she learned. Because we do know that the RoD has an affect on memories. We know that Aqua didn't get hit with the affects as bad as say, AtW, but for all we know, her memories could still be affected in more subtle ways that could emerge when she's back in the RoL, and they could be a hinderance to the cause (of defeating Xehanort).

i see what you mean, but i thought that AtW just lost his memory because he blew himself up.but still it would make for an interesting story branch if aqua forgets why she left the RoD

blueheart

Bronze Member

Even if I didn't have to do the tournaments at Olyumpus Coliseaum, I still don't want it back. Or Agrabah.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I honestly hope we get tons of new worlds, and hopefully these worlds wil lbe in KH3 or something, I also would like a move like Roxas where he makes those light beams surround him, and then explode into all different corners.

k99y77

Awards

i hope the story will be as good as KH2 :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

i hope the story will be as good as KH2 :/

That won't be very hard xD;

k99y77

Awards

That won't be very hard xD;
well 358 BBS and coded's story sucked compare to KH2 in my opinion, thats why im hoping
that KH3D is better or just as good :wink:

Rexy

Bronze Member

well 358 BBS and coded's story sucked compare to KH2 in my opinion, thats why im hoping
that KH3D is better or just as good :wink:
Coded story didn't excited me a lot but i give it a go and liked it... I like 358 story a lot, but i would have prefered if it had more cutscenes and less text... the only problem besides that, that i have on that game, was the gameplay...

If there is going to be a Remake i would like a 358 remake, some of the repetitive missions could be modifid onto new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back