• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

I thought SE said they weren't going to include anymore FF games in this.

Wait....what?

Well. I thought SE was going to make a better KH game after BBS, but they didn't.

...so... they lie.

*insert the same thing I said to EdgeMaverick here*

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

If there's an opening for a KH bashing statement, I will make it. After all, I hate KH, remember?

Don't suppose I knew that. It never ceases to amaze me how many people on the Kingdom Hearts forums actually dislike Kingdom Hearts.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

wouldn't a fake sora ADD to the story?
Xion didn't add to the story of Days, how would ANOTHER fake Sora do it

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Gilgamesh needs to appear.
Moar FF cameos.

This needs to be the last game that sora wears that gayass KH1 clothing.

There should be better reasons for revisiting worlds and more NPCs so it doesn't feel empty.

I am serious about the clothing. I see his buttpants all the time.

gilgamesh will never appere in kh i think he should count himself blesses for his cameo in dissida

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

gilgamesh will never appere in kh i think he should count himself blesses for his cameo in dissida

I'm not sure you can so confidently count him out just yet.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Why out of all Gilgamesh?
There are FF-characters which could have quite a bigger impact on KH like i.e. Lightning, Terra Branford, Edea, Beatrix, Sazh Katzroy, Rinoa, Zidane Tribal or Balthier.
Even some additional FF-villains could be good...as good as Sephiroth is, him being the sole FF baddie is somewhat lame in the long run.
Bring in Golbez, Ultimecia, Kefka and/or Genesis Rhapsodos.

localorange

There are FF-characters which could have quite a bigger impact on KH like i.e. Lightning, Terra Branford, Edea, Beatrix, Sazh Katzroy, Rinoa, Zidane Tribal or Balthier.
Even some additional FF-villains could be good...as good as Sephiroth is, him being the sole FF baddie is somewhat lame in the long run.

I want Rinoa in future games really badly, if only for her to at least briefly put the existing FF characters into a temporary spotlight that aren't Cloud. It's about time they got arcs. Granted, that automatically means Leon gets the mini arc with Rinoa's appearance, but that's perfectly fine with me.

DarkBladeXIII

Don't suppose I knew that. It never ceases to amaze me how many people on the Kingdom Hearts forums actually dislike Kingdom Hearts.

lol trust me in all of wales i know only 5 people (excluding me and my brother) who like anything square enix related! it is either COD or FIFA both overrated, both get boring after the novelty wears out... kinda like a certain franchise i know (jks lol)

agreed... just dont, for the love of all things that are good in the world, Please dont put Snow in!!!

Shire Folk

I recall seeing posted on here somewhere about Sora and Riku going to Land of Departure as they are 'dreaming' to learn of the backstory of the place, but I'm not sure they could even as dreams. LoD is still Castle Oblivion right now.

Oh, and the KH2 plot? It was okay, if anything it was a bit better than the plot of KH1 because it wasn't so structured and formulaic. KH1 was a straight rescue the girl and save the world plot except exchanging the different zones of a FF game for Disney Animated Classics. KH2 was more vague because it was searching for a friend who didn't want to be found, so he really could be anywhere and wandering would be the only way to find him, and while you're at it, put down this powerful group that's out to use the darkness to create Kingdom Hearts by usuing you and your own sense of justice and righteousness against you.

KH1 was a tried and true plot that we've seen dozens of times over just in a new setting. I'm not disputing how well it worked, it's just that KH2's wasn't so formulaic and tried something new and was a bit darker and edgier, not to mention making the player question Sora himself when fighting the Organization. It was different and wasn't a cookie-cutter plot tweaked to fit the environment. They could have incorporated it into the worlds better a la Beast's Castle, but it sure wasn't bad.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne

Oh, and the KH2 plot? It was okay, if anything it was a bit better than the plot of KH1 because it wasn't so structured and formulaic.

Personally, I'll take structured and formulaic over a plot that was all over the place. If anything, there wasn't an actual plot in KH2. It's mostly a cat and mouse game between Sora and Riku (and to make matters worse, the protagonist didn't do anything to end the chasing game, rendering him completely passive in that regard) and Sora killing Organization members. The true meat is mostly behind the scenes.

was a bit darker and edgier

A lot of people always claim that KH2 is darker and edgier, but I'm not so sure. CoM is miles ahead in that regard. While the KH2 Org members have the potential to bring darker and edgier into the story, the fact that they weren't used beyond cameos in Disney worlds kinda kills it. So you have Sora going Hakuna Matata-ing and singing Finny Fun with very rare actually dark moments to counterbalance them.

not to mention making the player question Sora himself when fighting the Organization.

A plot point brought up in Hollow Bastion 2nd visit, but never again. >.> The fact that Sora is actually helping the Org by killing Heartless and the fact that most of the Org are sympathetic villains to a certain degree ultimately did not matter.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Personally, I'll take structured and formulaic over a plot that was all over the place. If anything, there wasn't an actual plot in KH2. It's mostly a cat and mouse game between Sora and Riku (and to make matters worse, the protagonist didn't do anything to end the chasing game, rendering him completely passive in that regard) and Sora killing Organization members. The true meat is mostly behind the scenes.

A lot of people always claim that KH2 is darker and edgier, but I'm not so sure. CoM is miles ahead in that regard. While the KH2 Org members have the potential to bring darker and edgier into the story, the fact that they weren't used beyond cameos in Disney worlds kinda kills it. So you have Sora going Hakuna Matata-ing and singing Finny Fun with very rare actually dark moments to counterbalance them.

A plot point brought up in Hollow Bastion 2nd visit, but never again. >.> The fact that Sora is actually helping the Org by killing Heartless and the fact that most of the Org are sympathetic villains to a certain degree ultimately did not matter.

lol yeah i remember him getting over this very fast

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

also the dialogue was pretty bad

"SORA DONALD GOOFY herp derp"

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

KH2's wasn't so formulaic and tried something new and was a bit darker and edgier

I'm going to stop you there. Sure, I could argue with the whole of your post, but my arguments has been 'Done there. Everyone knows my arguments'. So all I'm going to say is that KH2 is terrible story-wise.

But darker and edgier? Kingdom Hearts 1 was darker. I wouldn't say it was edgier (seriously, how is edgier a term for 'better story'. it makes it sound vain and trying too hard), but it certainly was darker.

Let's see. Kingdom Hearts started out with a CG cutscenes of Sora not reaching his friend and always falling through the ground, ocean, whatever. Then we have him in a dream tutorial where there is nothingness, where there is a music playing that could be fitting for a mysterious atmosphere. The fact that the shadow comes out as well as the 'weird questions' that Tidus, Wakka and Selphie asked you (making you think about 'life') and that's without pointing out about the Darkside that tries to kill Sora or try to drown him in Darkness.

There is a reason why Kingdom Hearts 1 had a spider for a PEGI rating (indicate fear). It is actually dark when it came to cryptic messages and that the design of that 'tutorial', Hollow Bastion's castle and The End of the World were quite scary. In that regard, it is a lot more darker than say, Kingdom Hearts II's supposed moral grey area of Organization XIII (which was a huge downgrade from COM) or Sora forced to kill Heartless to benefit the Org, otherwise lives could be lost.

(And the latter on Sora forced to kill Heartless. It didn't really feel like something that hit me. It could be the bad writing, but there weren't any consequences or story impact)

localorange

I'm going to stop you there. Sure, I could argue with the whole of your post, but my arguments has been 'Done there. Everyone knows my arguments'. So all I'm going to say is that KH2 is terrible story-wise.

But darker and edgier? Kingdom Hearts 1 was darker. I wouldn't say it was edgier (seriously, how is edgier a term for 'better story'. it makes it sound vain and trying too hard), but it certainly was darker.

Let's see. Kingdom Hearts started out with a CG cutscenes of Sora not reaching his friend and always falling through the ground, ocean, whatever. Then we have him in a dream tutorial where there is nothingness, where there is a music playing that could be fitting for a mysterious atmosphere. The fact that the shadow comes out as well as the 'weird questions' that Tidus, Wakka and Selphie asked you (making you think about 'life') and that's without pointing out about the Darkside that tries to kill Sora or try to drown him in Darkness.

There is a reason why Kingdom Hearts 1 had a spider for a PEGI rating (indicate fear). It is actually dark when it came to cryptic messages and that the design of that 'tutorial', Hollow Bastion's castle and The End of the World were quite scary. In that regard, it is a lot more darker than say, Kingdom Hearts II's supposed moral grey area of Organization XIII (which was a huge downgrade from COM) or Sora forced to kill Heartless to benefit the Org, otherwise lives could be lost.

(And the latter on Sora forced to kill Heartless. It didn't really feel like something that hit me. It could be the bad writing, but there weren't any consequences or story impact)

This reminds me of one of my biggest wishes for the KH games: to have KH3 be almost as dark as say - Deathly Hallows. But psssh, I feel that's as likely to happen as me getting a good, full paying job in the city of my choice by the end of the year.

I have a bad association with the word edgy in my mind. It reminds me way too much of pop stars that throw that word around left and right in attempts to sound mature and more adult...and fail on epic levels. :/

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

This reminds me of one of my biggest wishes for the KH games: to have KH3 be almost as dark as say - Deathly Hallows.

So Xehanort, Braig and others are going to become Nazi Regime leaders and wipe out anyone who may have a lack of darkness or keyblade wielders? (Well, I can't be the only person who watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and somehow thought to myself "This actually reminds me a bit of Germany under Hitler's rule, considering Voldermort do not want Mudbloods")

localorange

So Xehanort, Braig and others are going to become Nazi Regime leaders and wipe out anyone who may have a lack of darkness or keyblade wielders? (Well, I can't be the only person who watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and somehow thought to myself "This actually reminds me a bit of Germany under Hitler's rule, considering Voldermort do not want Mudbloods")

I was referring more to the dark tone of the book - not really what's in it. There's no way I want to see Xehanort and his lackeys turn into a bunch of Nazis. But given that Xehanort was plotting to start an apocalypse, I feel that using that, and the dark intention of his powers, that there could be a KH3 that's almost as dark in its tone as Deathly Hallows was. Or, at the very least, noticeably darker than KH1 was. Because I agree with you. KH1 was darker and more ominous than the 2nd one, especially with the beginning, Hollow Bastion, and the End of the World.

(And you aren't the only one. JK Rowling has mentioned World War II when talking about the more mature content of the Harry Potter series numerous amounts of times. She might have actually drawn a little bit from Hitler when writing Voldemort - I can't quite remember.)

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne

I'm with Chrono and localorange on this one. KH1 was built almost completely based on nightmare fuel: Classic Disney princesses whose hearts are being harvested? Check. Ruined Disney worlds? Check. Enemies that end up looking a lot like demons at the end of a supposedly kid's game? Check. As opposed to say, KH2 where the villains are androgynous men who ended up becoming fanservice rather than nightmare fuel. Plus the 'darker' KH2 themes? Never explored.

She might have actually drawn a little bit from Hitler when writing Voldemort - I can't quite remember.

She definitely did. She made it textual evidence via an interview.

I feel that using that, and the dark intention of his powers, that there could be a KH3 that's almost as dark in its tone as Deathly Hallows was.

Sadly, there won't be snakes coming out from corpses' necks or a body count as high as Mount Everest in KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back