• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

vanitas and kairis future roles: a x-blade theory.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
i was reading the current topics, as usual, and this hit me. to make the x-blade, you need a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness to fight, forging the x-blade. well, vanitas already provides the heart of pure darkness. but ventus is injured and can no longer fight to forge it. assuming vanitas comes back, kairi would serve the role as the other half to forge it. why? because shes a princess of heart, so she has a heart of pure light. and in BBS, they established that kairi can wield a keyblade. so, this is what i picture. kairi learns how to weild her keyblade(no matter how much i despise the idea), and vanitas shows up with orders from terranort/MX to forge the x-blade. kairi fights hard, but is obviously no match for vanitas. the x blade is forged, and terranort has his x-blade.this, in my opinion, describes why they went through with the hideous idea of giving kairi a keyblade, so she could fight hard enough to forge the x-blade.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The only problem I see with it is that both the light and dark heart need to be of equal strength to be able to forge the x-blade...and Vanitas is clearly on par with Sora and Riku, so even when Kairi would get her own blade in KH DDD, she'll never be able to match Vanitas in strength in such a short amount of time.
If they would give her a power-boost of that magnitude...it'll be very, very hard to properly explain that without making it seem like an overblown deus ex machina.

I know the idea is tempting, and I love to read theories...but honestly I don't see how that could work from what we know of Kairi so far.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i was reading the current topics, as usual, and this hit me. to make the x-blade, you need a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness to fight, forging the x-blade. well, vanitas already provides the heart of pure darkness. but ventus is injured and can no longer fight to forge it. assuming vanitas comes back, kairi would serve the role as the other half to forge it. why? because shes a princess of heart, so she has a heart of pure light. and in BBS, they established that kairi can wield a keyblade. so, this is what i picture. kairi learns how to weild her keyblade(no matter how much i despise the idea), and vanitas shows up with orders from terranort/MX to forge the x-blade. kairi fights hard, but is obviously no match for vanitas. the x blade is forged, and terranort has his x-blade.this, in my opinion, describes why they went through with the hideous idea of giving kairi a keyblade, so she could fight hard enough to forge the x-blade.

I want to say that you've essentially busted your own theory right there, but theoretically, Kairi doesn't need to be a fighter in order to forge the X-blade with Vanitas, assuming that her heart of pure light is just as strong as his heart of pure darkness.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
this is just going to turn into a ''Kairi will never be stronger then Sora Riku or Vanitas no matter how long she trains"
then Skyfoxx will come in and repeat himself over and over and it will reach 10 pages.

and if that did happen in a future game, it would be the stupidest thing imo. I can't see that happening.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I want to say that you've essentially busted your own theory right there, but theoretically, Kairi doesn't need to be a fighter in order to forge the X-blade with Vanitas, assuming that her heart of pure light is just as strong as his heart of pure darkness.

Implying this would mean the two hearts can "intersect" to forge the ugly-blade in another way than a fight.
This however would arise the question why they went through all the trouble in BBS and did not just use one of the PoHs right away.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Implying this would mean the two hearts can "intersect" to forge the ugly-blade in another way than a fight.
This however would arise the question why they went through all the trouble in BBS and did not just use one of the PoHs right away.

Nomura has no idea what hes doing anymore, the fans know more then him.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nomura has no idea what hes doing anymore, the fans know more then him.

Lol, I wonder what this has to do with Nomura...these are fan theories we're talking about here.
Sign's statement was also only theoretically.

Like I said earlier, the idea might be tempting, but the build-up of the series (or rather Kairi's lack thereof) doesn't really suggest in that direction.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Lol, I wonder what this has to do with Nomura...these are fan theories we're talking about here.
Sign's statement was also only theoretically.

Like I said earlier, the idea might be tempting, but the build-up of the series (or rather Kairi's lack thereof) doesn't really suggest in that direction.
I'm sure half the things we talk about on this forum, Nomura has never even thought of. Kairi is and will always be Soras love interest and have the title princess of heart, nothing more. No matter how much the crazed fans don't like it, others will now argue with me because they know I'm right, but will say I'm wrong because they deep down know I'm right but will make up some lame argument so it looks like they are making a point but really I'm right.

noheartx

going back to the keyblade war, they were fighting in order to forge the X-Blade. So they would have to fight in order to make it. Like Seph said, if it werent the case, why wouldn't they just grab a PoH and use her. I don't think this theory has much validity, but we'll see what Kairi does in DDD. I really hope she doesn't become a main fighter. I liked her as the supporting character. She doesn't need a huge role in taking down Xehanort.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
A reason why MX didn't use the other PoHs was that they weren't Wielders in BBS.
Arguably, his presumed interest in them in BBS might've been him furthering other plans, seeing how while he was creating more 'seeds' of/with Darkness, he was going to run short of Pure Light beings sooner or later. I personally wouldn't be surprised if at least the BBS Princesses would end up with Wielding abilities as well, even if they didn't awaken their Keyblades yet (assuming going through the Rite of Succession ritual actually nets you one, of course, seeing how Riku might've gotten the KK through other complications).

However, regardless of this, Kairi is already established as both a Princess and a Wielder. If the strength that needs to match Vanitas is the one of her Light, less so her fighting abilities, I fail to see anyone more fitting to be targeted - unless of course they'll prefer to just leave her alone and have Sora be targeted for Ven.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
going back to the keyblade war, they were fighting in order to forge the X-Blade. So they would have to fight in order to make it. Like Seph said, if it werent the case, why wouldn't they just grab a PoH and use her. I don't think this theory has much validity, but we'll see what Kairi does in DDD. I really hope she doesn't become a main fighter. I liked her as the supporting character. She doesn't need a huge role in taking down Xehanort.

Indeed, before Kairi gets a "big" role in the whole picture she needs at least some basic development and some focus to place her sufficiently with the other members of the main cast beside Sora.
If she has at least a decent base to stand on, then we can talk about some bigger role which actually has more direct impact on the whole story.

EDIT:
Smile said:
However, regardless of this, Kairi is already established as both a Princess and a Wielder. If the strength that needs to match Vanitas is the one of her Light, less so her fighting abilities, I fail to see anyone more fitting to be targeted - unless of course they'll prefer to just leave her alone and have Sora be targeted for Ven.

As noheartx said, looking at the keyblade war and how MX and Vanitas needed to have not only Ven's light to be stronger but also his abilities, it seems that for a proper "intersection" a fight is needed...and Kairi won't cut it at that part.
Sora be targeted for Ven I can imagine pretty well...as i.e. MX or Vanitas somehow either trying to forcefully rip out Ven's injured heart from within Sora or hatching a scheme to force Sora to deliver Ven to them.

noheartx

Indeed, before Kairi gets a "big" role in the whole picture she needs at least some basic development and some focus to place her sufficiently with the other members of the main cast beside Sora.
If she has at least a decent base to stand on, then we can talk about some bigger role which actually has more direct impact on the whole story.

i totally agree. I think if their going to give her a main role it needs to be after the Xehanort Saga, when she actually wont be useless. I mean did you see the way she was swinging her keyblade. I would not feel safe fighting around her.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You both are missing the fact that Kairi can remain as a non-combatant while at the same time having a big role in taking down Xehanort.
It just means that if they pull this off right, read - (laughs), she won't be alone in this role as the other PoHs should be there like in KH.

noheartx

You both are missing the fact that Kairi can remain as a non-combatant while at the same time having a big role in taking down Xehanort.
It just means that if they pull this off right, read - (laughs), she won't be alone in this role as the other PoHs should be there like in KH.

well i agree she can do it without fighting, however in the OP it said she would fight Van, which i don't see happening.

And what do you mean by the part in bold

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

While that may be reasonable, in the light of the OP and the proposal of Kairi => x-blade material I won't say it's sufficient enough. I can already hear the complaints if they would really choose to give Kairi a power-boost so she's qualified x-blade material.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think they should save Vanitas for after KH3 which would give him sufficient time to heal I would believe, and it would give Kairi time to development both character-wise and in terms of being a wielder. Then she could face off against Vanitas, but even still after KH3, she would be no match in terms of fighting skill. Thinking about it now, if SE really wants to get rid of Kairi, having Vanitas rock her badly wouldn't be a horrible way to get her out of the story, but if they did that, I would go on a hissy fit ranting at SE every day through meanly written support messages.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
i think i just posted something similar to this in another thread at you Kupo1121..but i dont believe Van will exist after KH3

I just read that before coming here. I dont' think he will either, but I don't think that would be a bad way to go if Nomura did that.

noheartx

i mean, ultimately, the X-blade will probably play some role, but i believe it won't get forged, even partially like it did in BBS. I don't think theres a suitabe character of light to do it. Unless they use Ventus of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back