• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate of A Hero: The Prequel to "The Road to Dawn"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.
Re: Fate of A Hero

Akira
Roxas

Akira watched as Xane disappeared, bit by bit. Program? Xane a program? And who was Nea?

As thoughts circled her head, the chaos around her began to speed up, returning to normal time. She stayed frozen, sitting on the floor.

"What just happened?!" Castor pondered loudly. Akira turned her blank face, her chin resting on her shoulder. She locked eyes with a vixen, here bright blue eyes shining in surprise hidden under dark lashes. Akira narrowed her eyes. Jem stepped back, eyes uneasy.

She stood slowly, oblivious to the chaos around her. Akira walked towards Jem and Castor, her face determined and set on. them. Going up the steps, she was, until she met with Jem, where she stood inches away from her face. They locked eyes, and Akira reached for her disk-

"Akira!"

She heard a blast, and quickly turned away from Jem, towards Rez. He was standing near the exit, waiting.

"We need to go! Clu-"

"What in the world is going on here?" A nonchalant voice questioned. Akira tensed up. He must be Clu.

"COME ON!" Rez shouted. Akira began to run, but stopped. She turned back around the face Jem, and she stared at her wide eyed. She had this strange urge to- to just-

"UGH!" Akira punched her in the face, curving her arm. Jem went flying, and she slid across the floor. Jem tried to come back up, then whimpered, feeling her tender face. That felt...strangely necessary.

Akira then turned to Castor, and he yelped. Akira ignored him and ran to Rez quickly, evading the bits and chunks of flying debris. She then grabbed his arm, holding him tight.

Jem looked towards the exit, a one way out elevator. Roxas was there, wearing that ridiculous helmet, and that girl Akira-

Akira and Jem locked eyes from across the room. After seconds of staring, Akira smiled slyly. Jem cocked her head to the side in confusion. Akira squeezed Rez's arm, and she smiled at him.

Jem growled. She reached for her disk quickly, then threw it. The elevator door closed, but the control panel was jammed. Akira watched through the clear window, then she and Rez braced themselves. They were going down. Literally.

"How-Do-we-stop-this!?" Roxas shouted. Akira stepped away from him, and she put her arms out on either side.

---------------

"What do you mean-"

"You know what I mean, Vexen. Project Nea."

Vexen sighed. He put his notepad down, neatly on his desk while shuffling other items around nervously. Xane flipped her blonde hair back.

"I vaguely remember that day…I guess you could say I can confide in you?" She asked, taunting him. She rested her head on her shoulder, leaning back on her arms. "Or of course," She continued, " we can just forget completely that happened. We don't want to ruin your cold reputation."

"Are you completely sure you want to know?" Vexen cut in. Xane widened her eyes in surprise. Pursing her lips, she pondered the thought.

"Well-"

"Keep in mind, girl, you have a temper." He cut again. Xane pouted. He might have a point, she thought, but I need to know.

"Go ahead, Vexen."

He sighed again, then looked at Xane straight in the eyes.

"Listen, and listen carefully, Xane," Vexen began, waving his finger around. Xane scoffed at that serious tone Vexen mustered. She nodded mockingly, smirking.

"You were never supposed to exist. I created you. You are nothing but a replacement."

Xane's smirk disappeared. She stared at him, blank.

"I'm surprised," He said to himself loudly, "That they've kept you this long."

"But-but who did I replace?" She asked hysterically.

"You were supposed to be of only one purpose. Replace Akira. You were our new keyblade wielder. Our last shot.

"But then we found Akira."

Xane had a blank face, her smug little smirk completely gone. Vexen chuckled.

"You're completely useless at this point, Xane."

Vexen then quietly left the room, leaving Xane alone.

"I….." Xane was speechless. Vexen was frank, and she was not prepared for the severity of these words. She was completely useless? She was created for nothing, and now she doesn't get a chance at a heart like everyone else because she isn't REAL?

"It's always YOUR FAULT!" She shouted angrily, pounding her fists on whatever was under her. She was hers- she was going to pay.

She was going to see how useful Xane could be.

------

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

This is so goooddd!!! I've been reading all your chapters all day! I can't wait to see what happens next XD

Bellaisima358

Roxas
Akira

"We're not gonna make it we're not gonna make it we're not gonna-AH!!!!!!!!!"

The elevator sped downwards, the pull of gravity intensely dragging it towards the concrete floor that awaited them to their doom. Roxas stayed on the wall to the left, holding himself against as he watched the girl with a dark light suit as she struggled with herself to stay afoot as the law of physics told her she couldn't. Her arms then began to glow, and her light suit followed. The girl began to glow, and as she did this, the elevator itself came to a surprise twist.

----

"So these Users…" Clu mused, scratching his palm, "They're here to see me?"

"Yes!" Castor squealed. He watched as Clu looked towards the broken elevator door, curious.

"I haven't heard a thud."

He turned back to see Jem, a siren, gently rubbing her throbbing cheek. She looked up, unprepared.

"Excuse me, sire." She bowed her head regretfully. Clu shook his head.

"Tsk, tsk." He took her face in his hand, examining the purple melanin forming in its lavender hue. She winced as he stroked it, then pushed her away lightly. He began to walk away.

"So, Master Clu-" Castor called behind him, "Will my friend here and I be receiving the immunity soon?"

Clu stopped in his tracks, then began to chuckle. Zuse nervously began to laugh along, and Jem watched in confusion, her eyes wide.

Abruptly, Clu stopped, and then turned to show his quite peeved look. He began to shake his head, and Castor tensed.

"Castor, Castor, Castor," Clu began, "I admire you for your great determination and loyalty." Castor smiled a triumphant smile.

"But-"

Clu started to digitalize away, snapping his fingers. Jem grabbed a hold of Castor.

"I'm afraid our agreement has expired.''

------

The "End of Line" Club exploded above Akira and Roxas's heads, which made them all the more hysterical. But Akira had other plans in mind.

The elevator came to a halt as she pushed herself backwards, and slid down, weak. The door opened as if it was a normally functioning elevator, and Roxas took a breath of relief. Akira shook her head, awakening from her small unconscious snap, and blinked her eyes, exchanging from red to black again. Staying black, she shifted her view all around her to see the bottom level of the city was empty. She rose, and pushed Roxas away.

Roxas groaned at Akira's abrupt push, rubbing his shoulder. She began to run away from the boy in the dark helmet.

"HEY!" He shouted. The slender girl stopped, not turning back.

"Only one user can win," She shouted back, still not turning. Roxas stepped forward.

"What are you talking about?!" Roxas replied to the vague answer Akira gave his call. She then turned to see him.

Akira turned, and her face began to be shielded by a helmet much like Roxas's. From her side, she took out a bar, twirling it around her fingers. The face in the helmet was lit, and Roxas heard her voice in his ear.

"One user gets to speak to Clu. There's two of us." She then ran towards him, but threw the bar, and that bar materialized into a light cycle. She jumped on it, straddling it and revving the engine.

"And I'm not going to lose my final level."

On Roxas's screen, neon letters blinked:

FINAL LEVEL. YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE CHALLENGE.

---------

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

A new chapter!! :3 this is exciting! I wonder what happens in the final level! ^^

Bellaisima358

Hey guys, Its bell just letting you all know there will be a new chapter up tonight so keep your eye out for it okay?

-Bell

(I DIDNT DIE OKAY!?)

:D

Battle

Akira stepped backwards, slow at first, until she broke out into a sprint. She left Roxas behind as he scrambled up, Demyx's voice in his ear.

"GO!"

Roxas panted as he jogged his way to Akira. "But-"

"Look Roxas," Demyx interrupted, "The challenge is simple. A race. Un-"

"A race? That's easy!"

"UNLESS," Demyx cut in again, "Unless you lose your bike. Then its a fight."

"Wait what-?"

"Just-Just don't lose your bike!" Demyx cried. "AND AKIRA CAN'T-"

The voice in Roxas's ear fizzled out. He looked up to see Akira straddling her lightcycle. She nodded, and her voice filled his head.

"Good luck, Rez." She revved the engine, then spoke once more, "You're gonna need it."

She sped off. Roxas summoned his own light cycle and followed after.

-------

"-LOSE! SHE CAN'T LOSE ROXAS!" Demyx cried. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked up to see Xane. She stared at the screen narrowing her eyes.

"He didn't hear you, Dem." She tightened her grip on his joint. "Now it's every man for himself."

-------

FINAL LEVEL.

….to be continued (;

(not finished, guys. await the second half soon)

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Wow really unexpected. Demyx seems really concerned about this. The next half should be interesting.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards

Okay so I caught up with the chapters you wrote during my absence. Each one keeps getting more intense then the last. I'm loving it! Can't wait for the second half of this chapter. :D

Gold3nstar

I've been lurking here for a bit and figured I may as well post, if only to tell you that this is really good. I'm a really big fan of your grammar.

Also, noticed this was a prequel. Any chance I could get a link to the sequel?

Bellaisima358

I've been lurking here for a bit and figured I may as well post, if only to tell you that this is really good. I'm a really big fan of your grammar.

Also, noticed this was a prequel. Any chance I could get a link to the sequel?

:D

Thank you for complimenting my grammar! I'm very picky when I edit.

and thank you as well for reading! Like max said, he has a link on his signature.

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!

Bell is back, this time as a sophomore!~
Starting tomorrow(my first official day of summer), I'll resume my posting as we come to the halfway mark of this story. And who knows?
Perhaps the sequel will be up by the end of the summer(;
-ONE CAN HOPE!!! *crosses fingers*-

So, start expecting a new chapter a day (or two, I have stuff to do, guys!) and stay tuned because *mild spoiler*:

It's gonna get gooooooooood.

Bell~

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

Ah man your llucky I have like a whole week left plus two days of school left -_-'

Yay we get chapters more often from you now :)

Bellaisima358

Roxas looked to his right, his light cycle swerving. Akira sped beside him, her ponytail flying behind her. The orange behind her black light cycle dimmed a bit as the two came to a tunnel. The lights above them turned on.

Akira swerved her bike closer to Roxas, almost touching shoulders. As she did this she grew to be at a constant speed with Roxas. Timing it perfectly, Akira moved away from him, confusing Roxas. Roxas turned to look at her, only to see Akira coming for impact, the light cycle's side inches away from touching Roxas's side of the race track. Roxas panicked and swerved at the same direction, picking up speed, when out of pure accident, the light cycle rose onto the wall, gripping itself to the circular tunnel. It went slowly around the top, Akira watching him with her mouth open, and as it came down, it pushed him to the lead of this race, both out of the tunnel.

"Woah-" Roxas smiled to himself in disbelief. Akira cursed under her breath, and revved the engine on her light cycle.

She came to Roxas's side once more. She glared at Roxas, and he winked at her, his eyes visible. Akira widened her eyes and gasped.

"Those….blue eyes?"

Roxas widened his eyes and braked his cycle accidentally. Akira looked back at his dissipating speed. She shook her head and sped up.

The boy with the helmet panted in fear. "Crap!" He tried to catch up once more, making sure not to meet eyes with his opponent once more.

As Roxas came closer to Akira, Akira timed her movements with more precision. Roxas came within five feet from where she was, and she began to move away from him. Roxas cocked his head to the side in confusion.

She then braked and drifted, narrowly missing Roxas's face. Roxas sighed in relief as he watched Akira's miss, but then widened his eyes.

The light cycle's orange tail blocked Roxas's way, and Roxas crashed into it. His bike broke into a thousand little pieces, shards flying up into the air. Roxas front flipped over the broken bike, then landed on the shining black pavement face first.

Akira stopped her light cycle, panicking a bit. Then she remembered her mission.

She started up the light cycle, and got ready to take the lead. The finish line was so close!

Roxas shook his head and got his light disk with purpose. He turned to see Akira's light cycle blazing its way to the finish line about a mile away from him. He then reeled it in, aimed, and let it go.

"AH!" Akira felt a searing pain penetrate her arm, and she grabbed it, feeling warm blood oozing onto her gloved palm. Her light cycle swerved under her, and as she lost full control, her light cycle pushed itself forward. Akira then flew out of the seat, and she landed on the pavement as well, rolling on her side. She clutched onto her shoulder, groaning.

She looked up to see the bike about to fall on her, when she felt something on her.

Roxas and Akira rolled away from the almost accident, and Roxas gripped onto the girl. They landed on their sides, Akira being held by Roxas. When she realized where she was, she rolled away from him with a punch to his face.

"HEY! Ow-!" He held his face tenderly. Akira scrambled upwards, grabbing her light disk.

"I saved your life!" Roxas yelled. Akira panted as she ran for the finish line, but slowed as she saw him still on the ground.

"You- why!?" She shouted angrily. She gripped the light disk in her hand.

Roxas stood up, slow at first, then began to approach Akira. She instinctively brought her hands up and stepped back.

"Akira, we can work together. We can both get to CLu!" He said. Akira stared at him, still ready. Her helmet came off and transformed back into a headpiece.

"Why- Rez this is a challenge, you can't just stop mid-way!" She shouted. Roxas sighed.

"My name's not Rez."

Akira watched as the helmet around the boy came off, going into his light suit. She knew she'd seen those blue eyes somewhere.

"Roxas?!" She put her light disk down. "What the heartless are you doing here!? Xemnas is gonna KILL me!"

"I was sent here, okay?" He explained. "Xemnas put me here as your opponent. And now…here we are."

Akira stared at him. Then out of pure instinct, she shot her light disk at him, narrowly missing him. Roxas ducked under it, falling to the ground.

"What the heck, Akira!?"

Akira broke into a run, with no light cycle to help her. She was almost there. Almost!

Roxas scrambled upwards to try and reach her, but her disk returned, swiping at Roxas's forearm. He cried out, clutching it and coming to a slow.

Far up ahead, Akira turned and spun to catch her disk, inserting it back into its slot. A few feet away, the blue finish line calmly waited.

Roxas angrily got his light disk and aimed at her, wishing he hadn't the second he let go. Akira looked back to see the disk aimed at her midsection, and she jumped, the disk missing her foot as she brought her knees to her chest. As the danger of getting hit by the disk subsided, the pushed her arms forward and her legs backward, trying to elongate her body. She then reached the end of the race, and a buzzer sounded. Akira collapsed onto the ground, rolling. She clutched her shoulder, breathing heavy.

Roxas stared at the finish line, Akira meeting his eyes.

"I'm sorry," She said quietly, "But I will finish this mission on my own, wether Xemnas likes it or not."

Then, Roxas disappeared under millions of computer particles, leaving Akira alone to face clue.

"USER! I've been expecting you!"

It seems Akira will face him sooner than she thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back