• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Satan's boys"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
I saw another member's signature, LLL's I think. Anyways it got me thinking. In the Bible does it say that when we supposedly go to hell, we are punished by Satan. If so why? Because if we did wrong wouldn't we be 'one of his boys.'

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it means that it is a punishment itself to go to Hell because Satan sure isn't going to be all loving and give a damn about your rotten soul.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I saw another member's signature, LLL's I think. Anyways it got me thinking. In the Bible does it say that when we supposedly go to hell, we are punished by Satan. If so why? Because if we did wrong wouldn't we be 'one of his boys.'

The Bible doesn't teach punishment by a fiery hell. With that in mind it by no means teaches that Satan is the one who punishes either. These are all pagan ideas

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
In Islamic theology, Satan suffers in a state of afterlife that Western life would identify as Hell along with all those who deserve.

On a personal side-note, he will also have the longest sentence in Hell, if not a permanent one.

State

Awards
What's the need of a Hell when you have Karma? Y'know, you do something back, it comes right back at'cha?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
How is hell then?

I can't really post too much tonight but I'll give a short and simple answer I suppose. The Hebrew and Greek scriptures describe what is many times mistranslated as "Hell" as a few different things.

Sheol and Hades - The common grave of mankind.

Gehenna - Death without hope of a resurrection/life again.

The Bible says the penalty for sin is death. We all die anyway. This cruel and unusual punishment that has been taught about hell was never an original teaching in the Christian religion or that of the Hebrews/Jews before.

Here's a few links that talk about it more:

What Are Sheol and Hades?

What Really Is Hell?

But I'm sure you could do a search here and find several topics with more in depth input from me about this topic.

What does Satan do then?

Satan is God's enemy. Used to be an angel that rebelled against God.

More on Satan:

Spirit Creatures—How They Affect Us

Satan--Myth or Sinister Reality?

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
It's not Satan who punishes the residents of Hell, as he himself will be an inhabitant of it. It was all due to his pride and continuance of this pride, (that he is the better creation and did not obey God's command for him to prostrate to Adam who God had created as the best of creation), which has recieved him the punishment of Hell. He has been granted respite till the last day and he is duty so to speak is to test the humans. The Qur'an explains in Chapter 38 from verses 71 to 88 that:

"Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay: "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."
So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:
Not so Iblis: he was haughty, and became one of those who reject Faith.
((Allah)) said: "O Iblis! What prevents thee from prostrating thyself to one whom I have created with my hands? Art thou haughty? Or art thou one of the high (and mighty) ones?"
(Iblis) said: "I am better than he: thou createdst me from fire, and him thou createdst from clay."
((Allah)) said: "Then get thee out from here: for thou art rejected, accursed.
"And My curse shall be on thee till the Day of Judgment."
(Iblis) said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."
((Allah)) said: "Respite then is granted thee-
"Till the Day of the Time Appointed."
(Iblis) said: "Then, by Thy power, I will put them all in the wrong,-
"Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."
((Allah)) said: "Then it is just and fitting- and I say what is just and fitting-
"That I will certainly fill Hell with thee and those that follow thee,- every one."
Say(Muhammad to the people): "No reward do I ask of you for this (Qur'an), nor am I a pretender.
"This is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds.
"And ye shall certainly know the truth of it (all) after a while."

Although there are similarities between the concept of Satan between Islam and Christianity, such as those verses explaining the backstory so to speak, theres actually some significat differences. Such as the Qur'an explaining that Satan, whose actual name is Iblis, is not an Angel, but a Jinn. A creation completely different to that of an Angel. They are made from light the Qur'an explains, and the Jinn are made from smokeless fire. They were both created long before the creation of man. The Jinns and Humans however are the two creations that are tested in this world and who will be judged on the Day of Judgement.
Iblis was a pious and believing Jinn that had earned a place in the ranks of Angels closest to Allah. This is because the Jinns unlike the angels and like the humans, have the ability of free will. So he had earnt his place in a great rank. However, as was just explained, he had a lot of pride, and this is what caused him to disobey and want to humiliate the creation of man by misleading them away from God and basically wanting to prove that he is a superior creation and they are the lowest. It is why he tempts us greatly. But the strongest in faith and those who resist and understand, are those who are true believers. Another difference is that he isn't percieved as the enemy of God in terms of him being the evil one in charge of hell and God is good in charge of heaven. No, he has no power equal to God at all. God created both Heaven and Hell and its inhabitants are rewarded and punished by Him. Satan has different abilities since he is a different creation, a jinn. They are not seen by us, but they can see us. He has respite till the last day meaning he has a form of immortality till the day of judgement. He fears Allah, and believes in Allah. Funnily enough, from the Qur'an we can see that he actually accepts all the six articles of faith in Islam, he knows God is One, He knows God has sent Messengers as he himself has tried to tempt them and mislead them, he hated them and even feared them, he knows Gods books as he has tempted man to corrupt them, he knows of Gods Angels as he was amongst them, He knows there is life after death as he wished for respite till the day of judgement and he knows he will be in hellfire and wants to take man with him, he knows of predestination as explains how he wishes to tempt man by Gods Permission, By Gods Will meaning he knows all that he will do will all be known to God. But he is not a Muslim, his pride has him continuously disobeying Gods command and becoming the enemy of man to drag them into hell with him.

For more information you can read some books via these links.
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/books/JinnDevils.pdf
Satan and Humanity - By Fethullah Gulen

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
nah, satan's got no need or reason to be punishing you

hell (heh), he probably doesn't even bother keeping an eye on you

but i suppose some people see it as a punishment in itself to not be in the presence of god for the rest of eternity

don't see what's so great about that though, seeing as it's an ETERNITY

D VLK

I don't know much about hell or christianity but what from I've heard it's quite a harsh place to go.I'm just wondering guys don't you think that the whole aspect of hell is ridiculous? I'm not sure but If I remember correcetly gays,athiest and sinners go to hell. First off all why should gays go to hell? It's not like they can actually choose what thier sexual preference is. I mean god made man in the first place so why punish those who you created in the first place? It feels as if god simply throws his mistakes away. Second of all if athiest indeed go to hell(not sure but a possibility) Why send people that don't believe in you for a lack of proof? And there you have the sinners. Not all sinners just do it because they want to. Some of them had a very bad time growing up ya know or some might be crazy.

Also why is every human born with sins for something Adam and Eve did long ago. Supposing they existed. I mean that's like saying for example: Your father raped that woman so therefore all of his kids should have the same punishment.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I don't know much about hell or christianity

Would you like to learn?

but what from I've heard it's quite a harsh place to go.

We're all going to hell.

I'm just wondering guys don't you think that the whole aspect of hell is ridiculous?

[Without bashing another's beliefs] I hold Christian beliefs yet I do not believe in a fiery Hell or a place of torment and punishment. Ridiculous? If a person believes in such a thing, I really have no right to say whether or not it is ridiculous but I myself do not find sound basis for this doctrine.

I'm not sure but If I remember correcetly gays,athiest and sinners go to hell. First off all why should gays go to hell? It's not like they can actually choose what thier sexual preference is. I mean god made man in the first place so why punish those who you created in the first place? It feels as if god simply throws his mistakes away.

Yeah, let's not get too far off of the tracks here. This is sure to spark debate apart from the real topic.

Second of all if athiest indeed go to hell(not sure but a possibility) Why send people that don't believe in you for a lack of proof?

Lack of proof maybe in your eyes.

And there you have the sinners. Not all sinners just do it because they want to. Some of them had a very bad time growing up ya know or some might be crazy.

As I said before, I do not believe in this "hell," however we are all responsible for our actions regardless. A bad time growing up doesn't excuse murder and rape.

Also why is every human born with sins for something Adam and Eve did long ago. Supposing they existed. I mean that's like saying for example: Your father raped that woman so therefore all of his kids should have the same punishment.

Imperfection according to scripture is a defect. For instance, if you have a mold that you use to bake a cake and it gets a dent in it, every cake that you bake with that dent in it will have an imperfection where that dent is.

Adam and Eve were created perfect and as long as they didn't misuse their lives they would have continued that way. They sinned so they put a dent in the mold of human life. It's not so much a punishment as it was a result from their disobeying God. Their punishment wasn't sin, that was their choice. Resulting from sin was death.

God knows how the body is made. Its like this: Your mother tells you not to touch the hot stove or you will get burned. You still decide to touch the stove. What happens? You get burned because that's what happens when you put your hand on something with high heat. Was it your mother who burned you? No. But she knew it would happen if you touched the stove.

Same in this case. Adam and Eve's "burn" was eventual death as a result of their disobedience/sin. God knew that would happen if they fought against their perfect human nature and sinned.

At the same time, God hasn't left man without hope. It's not just, "You are all sinners and you will all die." God has provided a way out from sin and death if we take the time to listen, take in accurate knowledge, and put faith (with actions) in Him, and His son.

So with that said, getting back on track to the thread's topic: Satan's roll in all of this was that he was the instigator of the actions that Eve took. He also is the one who challenged God and His authority. Today, he is the one trying to turn as many away from God as possible knowing that his time is short before he too is destroyed.

One definition describes him as this:

The spirit creature who is the chief adversary of Jehovah God and of all who worship the true God. The name Satan was given to him because of his becoming a resister of Jehovah. Satan is also known as the Devil, because he is the foremost slanderer of God. Satan is described as the original serpent, evidently because of his using a serpent in Eden to deceive Eve, and for this reason “serpent” came to signify “deceiver.” In the book of Revelation, the symbolism of a devouring dragon is also applied to Satan. - RS

As 1 John 5:19 says: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”

And Revelation 12: 9 - "So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."

Last edited:

Pirates

Forever Atlas,
Prove to me that God exists.

Give me something that cant be explained away by something more logical.
Dont give me some symbolic crap.
Cold, hard evidence is what I am after.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Forever Atlas,
Prove to me that God exists.

Give me something that cant be explained away by something more logical.
Dont give me some symbolic crap.
Cold, hard evidence is what I am after.

1. There's no reason to bring the "Does God exist" debate into this thread.

2. I can't prove anything to you.

3. And I doubt you are truly after any proof for that matter.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
That in turn would prove that God exist

validating one paranormal phenomenon gives more plausibility for others but doesn't automatically prove them

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
depends on what kind of demons, demons aren't exclusive to christianity unless you specifically mean christian demons

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol you can't prove god exist but you can prove that demons/paranormal activity does

I wasn't proving anything to anyone. The OP was asking for doctrinal explanations, not proof of something's existence. That's what I was giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back