• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dreamcast (ah the memories)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Able_Beard

Banned
Haha, Sonic is a great game dude.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That said I really like SOnic on Dreamcast. Almost more then Mario 64...Almost

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That said I really like SOnic on Dreamcast. Almost more then Mario 64...Almost

I respect your opinion as well. I understand where you come from...just let me say this:

Sorry but i think Sonic competed and he still competes with many games on the market. I'm not talking about CoD, Gears, etc.(just an example) but it's a series that sells over 2 millions with each game. Look at Sonic Colours. It sold over 2 and a half millions only on Nintendo. Sonic Unleashed sold over 3 and a half millions on all consoles. These are good sales in my opinion and many games don't see these numbers.

About the game plot i will agree that sometimes they try too hard. That's why many love Sonic Colours plot. It's simple, easy going and fun.

Music really depends on a person's taste. You can say that for example City Escape is the best song ever but if i don't like it then i don't so...it really depends.

Sonic's gimmicks. I won't lie that i didn't like the werehog but i have to say that it's an okay gameplay. Of course i prefer Sonic gameplay. About Sonic meeting himself in Sonic Generations, you shouldn't shoot down the plot before even knowing how it will unfold. Personally i find it a nice idea and i think it will play out very well.

I think the only mediocre/bad games Sonic had from Sonic Adventure 2 to Sonic Generations is Shadow the hedgehog(not featuring Sonic) Sonic 06 and Sonic and the Black Knight. Also to show you that i'm not blind i will put here Sonic unleashed's 40% of the game because of the Werehog.

Other than that Sonic games were successful in my opinion.

Able_Beard

Banned
^I'm not gonna lie I really do like Colours it was the first one I've liked in a really long time.

Able_Beard

Banned
Don't anyone forget Jet Set Radio! That soundtrack was awesome and the gameplay with dashit!
Oh I loved that game! Lol I remember playing Mark Echo Getting up at a friends house and I was like "What the heck! This is the same thing as Jet Set! Bull craaaaap!!!!"

But yeah it was a fun game. Now the only time you see the main character or even remember that game is when Sega throws it in to show everyone :)

wii.red24

@Able_Beard The cool thing about Jet Set Grind Radio is the game itself had so much color and sure it didnt have the greatest graphics, but no other game could compare to it as far as contrast in color the game was fun and beautiful at the same time.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
The VMUs were pretty sweet, like a neat little bonus handheld as a treat for the players. And HNNNNGH Sonic Adventure. <3

One thing that irked me about the Dreamcast was that the connecting cable between console and controller was on the bottom of the controller.

like seriously who the bonk does that it's bloody impractical :V
the distance you can sit away from the console is so limited

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
The reason why it failed is caused by many factors. 1. It was up against a console that had its market base of ps1 owners. Plus the Saturn/32x/CD doing shitty destroying there credible reputation doesn't help either. But honestly the ps2 being a DVD player is what really help nail it in the coffin. Hell the dreamcast con't even meet its demands in the winter seasons. It was victim of too little too late ,poor leadership in product demand over-site, poor product direction, and gaming market was was saturating with 4 consoles. Someone had to go. Also forgot to mention third party developers by the masses were reluctant to develop for the Dreamcast because of Sega's hoge podge for console to console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back