• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has TVtropes ruined your life yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
Hit me while I was in the shower.

(If you have no idea what TVtropes is, google it at your own risk)

Personally, the site made me a whole lot more sensitive to themes in media xD I have no idea whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it sure has changed my perspective in things.

But yeah, has it ruined your life yet? In what way?

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
If amusement is considered something that ruins a life, then yes.

I think the site is great, makes me laugh every now and then. Gives me a lot of info about different things that I might have otherwise missed, too. <:

Zul

Awards
Just don't end up like one of those folks who regard everything listed on there as fact(as a few people seem to have).

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
A few hours of my life have mysteriously disappeared into that site, but other than that no. Most of the tropes I've read about are things I already recognized. It is like Wikipedia, though; you start clicking links and an hour later find yourself on a totally random page with no idea how you got there and no idea what you were originally doing.

Xziled

this will not end well
Website
xziled.zoints.com
A few hours of my life have mysteriously disappeared into that site, but other than that no. Most of the tropes I've read about are things I already recognized. It is like Wikipedia, though; you start clicking links and an hour later find yourself on a totally random page with no idea how you got there and no idea what you were originally doing.

be happy only a few hours have been taken from you... i lost half my summer reading all the articles T-T

although i do admit the trope pantheons and the stories surrounding it along with the troper tales section to be quite amusing

though the only thing that tvtropes has done for me is that almost everything ive read and watched has been done over and over again, so take what you will from that statement

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Not really. I knew quite a bit of tropes before seeing that site, now I just have a name for them (thank God for the YKTTW page). The site's pretty funny. It's pretty rare for there to be a site where there are a lot of funny/clever people. Well, except maybe Cracked, but that's mainly because there are a lot of easy targets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back