• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Trailer Impression (With Dialogue)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

noheartx

Was Noheart from BBSFM canon? Because if so, there would be a connection there. They both weild MX's keyblade, but neither are actually MX.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Well if you also notice they are in the data room, the gate way into trons world. So that could mean its the present, but it could also mean its the near time distant past, kh2 area

KeybladeCounsel

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the original six apprentices apply to the " original body returns once your heartless form and nobody form are destroyed." as well? I mean Yen Sid did say that.

EDIT: Small theory. So at the end of this trailer we're clearly seeing through the eyes of Xehanort right? He's also wearing his lab coat as well. So if this so called data that AtW gathered was so important that he had to hide it, AND he chose Sora to hide it within. Perhaps maybe Sora was intended to find it to begin with. His gathered data being all of the secrets of Xehanort that he discovered and any other important aspects. So as Sora gathers the data, they could be showing them in memory like form as he uncovers the truth. I mean KH only shows cutscenes like that in perspective as they did Timeless River with Pete. Not to play a role of a regular cutscene but perspective. A gather of information through the eyes of another. Xemnas clearly knew about Ven and the Room of Awakening when he was supposed to have remembered nothing, so at some point before he conducted the experiment that turned them into heartless, he recovered some if not all of his memory. Feedback if you will.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was thinking of the Braig/Xehanort sequence and thought of something different.

What if, when Sora/Riku find the different keyholes in the worlds, they experience a memory of sorts. Such as, when Sora finds the Keyhole in Traverse Town, he views a memory of Xion in the eyes of Roxas. Riku would experience the memory of Xehanort with the Keyblade.

And so on throughout the game. I doubt it would happen, but it would be kinda cool.
Like Harry's connection to Voldemort?

Revolution

Like Harry's connection to Voldemort?

Somewhat, I guess.

Sora has connections to Xion, Aqua, Roxas and Ven through Roxas. When he finds the keyhole, perhaps they help show memories of them hidden in his heart, 'sleeping' in a way. He gets a glimpse of Roxas, Axel and Xion having ice cream on the clock tower. He sees Aqua meeting Ansem in the Realm of Darkness and Ven sleeping in the RoW.

Basically, helps tie things back to Sora with all the connections. Riku could have the connection of memories with Ansem and Xehanort.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Riku could have the connection of memories with Ansem and Xehanort.

This is what I was thinking when I saw the last part of the trailer again. But didn't Riku's heart get purified of Xehanort's darkness by the machine explosion in KH2? Unless MX is trying to connect to Riku also.

Revolution

This is what I was thinking when I saw the last part of the trailer again. But didn't Riku's heart get purified of Xehanort's darkness by the machine explosion in KH2? Unless MX is trying to connect to Riku also.

Just because his darkness that is connected to Xehanort is gone doesn't mean memories can't play a factor. Even from the beginning scene, Riku is still unsure of his privilege to use a Keyblade due to his past with darkness. He still feels somewhat guilty.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Just because his darkness that is connected to Xehanort is gone doesn't mean memories can't play a factor. Even from the beginning scene, Riku is still unsure of his privilege to use a Keyblade due to his past with darkness. He still feels somewhat guilty.

A hint that he still hasn't dealt with the darkness.

How about Sora's incongruous cockiness?

Revolution

I think it'll definitely become a pivotal point in this game, and even in the decision to mark Sora a master.

Do you think Vanitas may come back, to taunt Sora as he did Ven? After all, Sora most likely contains whatever part of Ven's heart is left now that Roxas is gone? It could be similar to the Scar's ghost sequences, just semi-ghostly figures of him.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
That makes sense, although it would be strange and rather funny to have a scene with two characters who share the same VA.

Revolution

That makes sense, although it would be strange and rather funny to have a scene with two character who share the same VA.

You can always switch it. Have McCartney play Vanitas with Ven's voice. Or simply find another actor who can do an evil voice. There's a slue of them in the world today.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
True, but Osment was the voice of both, and Squeenix wouldn't allow the voice to be changed for another appearance. Probably due to continuity or sumtin.

The only time they would is probably is the original VA is unavailable, and since I'm Osment is always on call for Sora, I don't think they'd do that.

Revolution

The only time they would is probably is the original VA is unavailable, and since I'm Osment is always on call for Sora, I don't think they'd do that.

Well if the current VA is playing the role of Sora, he would be unavailable to play the other role due to confusion between the two voices. I assume Square Enix would make the changes necessary.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I never said they'd sound similar, I just meant they're the same voice.

And I'd find that hilarious. XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If Osment can make the differentiation between the two voices, I'd love to have him be both.

Osment can make the differentiation. Sora is a lot more lighter in tone and Osment has said in some old interview videos for IGPX that he likes doing evil voices.

Also, I don't see why it would matter if HJO voices both of them in the same scene. Many voice actors do this in shows and other video games. Also, since Sora and Vanitas look alike it isn't a too much of a suspension of disbelief.

Revolution

Osment can make the differentiation. Sora is a lot more lighter in tone and Osment has said in some old interview videos for IGPX that he likes doing evil voices.

Also, I don't see why it would matter if HJO voices both of them in the same scene. Many voice actors do this in shows and other video games. Also, since Sora and Vanitas look alike it isn't a too much of a suspension of disbelief.

This is also true.

Now we just have to wonder whether Nomura will put Vanitas back into the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back