• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

You could be right. But I dunno, we shouldn't get our hopes up already.There can't be a new Xehanort in DDD can there? I mean, it's only a bridge game.

I still think Xehanort three id Terranort from BBS. It's makes so much sense

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

You could be right. But I dunno, we shouldn't get our hopes up already.There can't be a new Xehanort in DDD can there? I mean, it's only a bridge game.

Birth by Sleep is only a prequel, but they made a new enemy, a plethora of new characters, two of which were voiced by A-list actors, a new gameplay system, and a new Xehanort.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

lol If that's what you honestly think, then you don't know Kingdom Hearts.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

o_O

jesus I only said one thing and like ten people are replying to it. lol, i guess people really want the news to be true.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

o_O

jesus I only said one thing and like ten people are replying to it. lol, i guess people really want the news to be true.

Lol, we already know the news isn't true. Epcar is just an optimistic, awesome man. We are just telling you your preconceived notions of DDD are off.

sdr08

trust me, if you don't play or read about it, you are going to be confused as bonk for KH3...I skipped COM because I thought it was a remake, and I was lost in KH2, as everyone else said, its just as important as a main game

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
We do not want a repeat of Terra from Birth by Sleep. Keep your eyes peeled for information and your eyes to the radios this time. We could have known who was Terra 6 months before we found out. Poor Ethy thought we could have the Joker, Batman and Spock all in the one game.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We also thought Luke could be teaching Anakin Keyblade wielding ;w;

That was fun though.

JTD95

141k4l.png

Speaks for itself.
Go jump on him and ask him about the "next" one... if he knows anything about it yet.

Only thing I get out of this comment from Epcar is that out of all the Xehanorts he has voiced, the next one is the one he found most interesting and fun to work with. Most likely He's referring to apprentice Xehanort, which should still be interesting to see, seeing as we've so far only gotten two cutscenes with him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
We do not want a repeat of Terra from Birth by Sleep. Keep your eyes peeled for information and your eyes to the radios this time. We could have known who was Terra 6 months before we found out. Poor Ethy thought we could have the Joker, Batman and Spock all in the one game.

;A; I thought we could. Christian Bale for Terra 2010 campaign was awesome~

Only thing I get out of this comment from Epcar is that out of all the Xehanorts he has voiced, the next one is the one he found most interesting and fun to work with. Most likely He's referring to apprentice Xehanort, which should still be interesting to see, seeing as we've so far only gotten two cutscenes with him.

I read it as Epcar is excited for whenever he plays the next role ("the next one") because he enjoys being Xehanort.

We also thought Luke could be teaching Anakin Keyblade wielding ;w;

That was fun though.

Yup :3 Great, great times!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

For a while, we also thought he would be voiced by Crispin Freeman xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Those were the days.Ah well, maybe these upcoming games ;)

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org

For a while, we also thought he would be voiced by Crispin Freeman xD

As he should have been. :) But we usually always get decent VAs in Kingdom Hearts in my opinion. My biggest thing with KH was Billy Zane not returning, he made Ansem for me. He had that voice that was like..JUST right.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As he should have been. :) But we usually always get decent VAs in Kingdom Hearts in my opinion. My biggest thing with KH was Billy Zane not returning, he made Ansem for me. He had that voice that was like..JUST right.

Jason Dohring did a great job for it being his first time. :3 We can't always have the same people in the industry voice characters. Idk about some people but after a point I get tired of hearing the same voice actors in every show and game. I do love Crispin Freeman, though.

Can't linger on the past. For reasons we don't know, Billy Zane didn't return. We just have to enjoy what we do have and that is Mr. Epcar's amazing talent :3

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I actually detected a bit of sarcasm from this. It's really quite funny, Xehanort has so many forms/incarnations, I'm sure Epcar expects this to repeat itself, whether he knows about DDD or not. However, being primarily a voice actor, I think it's safe to say he will be voicing Xehanort again this round.

Also, to the Billy Zane missers (oh I know, I'm one of them), he was blacklisted by Disney after doing a controversial film that portrayed Americans in a less-than-flattering manner. Total bs, since, all us Americans are Saintly McSaintertons. Having discarded that perfect, velvety Ansem voice, though, Disney should be the one blacklisted. Cept we need moar kh. Moving on.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Epcar hints?

Actually, I think we've already established that it had nothing to do with that film. So for whatever reason the guys at SE and Disney had, they couldn't bring back Billy Zane to reprise his role after KH1.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Richard Epcar is improving enough. His monologue in BBS was awesome.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Well, apparently, he wasn't really given references and just told to sound like Billy Zane. Which then lead to floundering and being restrained. (SE makes a habit of this. Just look at Dissidia)

As time as gone on, both sides have loosened up leading to Terranort which was pretty good.

Zul

Awards

Well, apparently, he wasn't really given references and just told to sound like Billy Zane. Which then lead to floundering and being restrained. (SE makes a habit of this. Just look at Dissidia)

As time as gone on, both sides have loosened up leading to Terranort which was pretty good.

Is it true that he wasn't even allowed to hear how Billy Zane sounded? I'm really disappointed by how voice acting is treated in the west. If I understand correctly, a decent seiyuu actually has a degree of fame and is respected in the same way as an actor, whereas a voice actor in the U.S is usually unheard of.

I have a feeling that this trend will change eventually. Did you know that in the past, film actors were not respected as good actors at all? That's right, because you could simply recut or re-try the scene, film actors were all seen as sub-par compared to live-stage play actors, who couldn't mess up lines or gestures, since it was all done live.

Back