• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patamon246

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

North America got RE:CoM!
Wheres the European argument. If they release if for NA they sure as hell better release it in Europe too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Wheres the European argument. If they release if for NA they sure as hell better release it in Europe too.

Yeah, let's give Europe some justice and only release the HD-remakes in Japan, Europe, Australia and maybe Canada. Screw the US, they already got Re: CoM and we didn't. ROFL.
Just kidding of course, but Europe seems to always get the short end of the stick yet the loudest complainers are mostly US who get pampered. ;P

If they release a HD-collection which has Re: CoM and/or FM-content I might be tempted to get it...;D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Yeah, let's give Europe some justice and only release the HD-remakes in Japan, Europe, Australia and maybe Canada. Screw the US, they already got Re: CoM and we didn't. ROFL.
Just kidding of course, but Europe seems to always get the short end of the stick yet the loudest complainers are mostly US who get pampered. ;P

If they release a HD-collection which has Re: CoM and/or FM-content I might be tempted to get it...;D

You guys are always getting the special editions because of this. Remember Birth by Sleep? I mean, I would've sunk some extra cash for that artbook. The remake wasn't even that good to begin with.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

You guys are always getting the special editions because of this. Remember Birth by Sleep? I mean, I would've sunk some extra cash for that artbook.

This. And don't they get that for like, every game? Artbook, special one-shot Manga (KH1), etc.

Didn't they even get the super-awesome-better version of FFX that later was the FM for Japan?

The remake wasn't even that good to begin with.

>=/ I will slice you.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

This. And don't they get that for like, every game? Artbook, special one-shot Manga (KH1), etc.

Didn't they even get the super-awesome-better version of FFX that later was the FM for Japan?

>=/ I will slice you.

It's not that it was bad, but that I highly prefer the original COM.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

May as well post this here;

Assuming the hypothetical remakes do exist, and it includes KH1 FM, Re:CoM, and KH2 FM (thats my dream HD collection anyway) what would your feelings be on it if it included some retconny changes to make more sense of the plot, given what we know from BBS? ie Some of the Ansem reports were altered to cause less confusion, Donald's dialouge at the KH2 Yen-Sids tower scene was changed/removed, Roxas' poorly translated lines near the end were changed, Mickey reacted to Xehanorts name in the flashback with AtW etc AND these changes were now considered the true canon. Would you be annoyed, or at peace with the changes?

We all know Nomura is a fan of Star Wars, and Lord knows how many revisions that series has gone under with time so while I believe that it's extremely highly unlikely I could see it happening. Your thoughts?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Ooh, you opened a can of worms. When I found the information about Re:Coded being a game, I said something about Europe never getting Re:CoM. That made it a 40 page argument.

You guys are always getting the special editions because of this. Remember Birth by Sleep? I mean, I would've sunk some extra cash for that artbook. The remake wasn't even that good to begin with.
And all it was was shiny pictures that were already on the internet.

We get that stuff as a compensation for things we've missed out on. In fact, I think that a game that was released here in Australia was only half the game because they cut it off. Only for Australia though.

Not sure about the FFX one though, but it sure was nice ;)

Patamon246

Awards

The art book sucks. Just pictures of the characters. Besides, as far as I know, you guys got it too didn't you? Within 2 days I lost the special cardboard/paper box. I'm not even sure why they put postcards in there. :/ Anyway, I would way prefer RE:CoM to an art book that amused me for 10 seconds, tops.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

While the artbook is surely neat, it is nothing that special. The images shown in it are the standard official renders and the two high quality images in postcard-format (one which stands on my nightstand, lol) are also available as normal wallpapers on the net.

BBS was the first KH-title at least that I know of that had a special edition in Europe. KH 1, the original CoM and KH II didn't have that, and neither had Days and Re: Coded.

Depends on what "super-awesome" means. I didn't even know FF X even has a final mix.
As far as I know Europe got the normal version as all oversea-territories got. Or didn't have the US version the dark aeons?

May as well post this here;

Assuming the hypothetical remakes do exist, and it includes KH1 FM, Re:CoM, and KH2 FM (thats my dream HD collection anyway) what would your feelings be on it if it included some retconny changes to make more sense of the plot, given what we know from BBS? ie Some of the Ansem reports were altered to cause less confusion, Donald's dialouge at the KH2 Yen-Sids tower scene was changed/removed, Roxas' poorly translated lines near the end were changed, Mickey reacted to Xehanorts name in the flashback with AtW etc AND these changes were now considered the true canon. Would you be annoyed, or at peace with the changes?

We all know Nomura is a fan of Star Wars, and Lord knows how many revisions that series has gone under with time so while I believe that it's extremely highly unlikely I could see it happening. Your thoughts?

I would actually welcome it if it makes more sense that way.
Star Wars is also a way bigger franchise...from what I read they even have a full "team" tasked solely with fitting new material into canon and adjust some things with slight "retcons" (yep, I said he baad word, purists).

Would definitely benefit the series and makes it better to follow for people who enter the series anew and tie the older KH-titles better into the overall plot.
I'm not tied to some non-existant nostalgia "magic", I want to enjoy the series in its entirety.

Zul

Awards

I do wonder if they would make certain "corrections" to these HD remakes. An example being that the LS's keyblade would need to have a keychain, as chainless keyblades are no longer in the canon.

Which also makes me wonder if the Keyblade-of-People's-Hearts would have a keychain, and what would it be? The same as the X-Blade's keychain?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I do wonder if they would make certain "corrections" to these HD remakes. An example being that the LS's keyblade would need to have a keychain, as chainless keyblades are no longer in the canon.

Which also makes me wonder if the Keyblade-of-People's-Hearts would have a keychain, and what would it be? The same as the X-Blade's keychain?

The Keyblade of people's hearts would still be excused though because it is incomplete (Kairi's heart is missing).

Zul

Awards

That is true, however, the Incomplete X-Blade also had a keychain, parts of it's blade were missing instead.

Though I do agree that lack of a keychain is probably meant to represent incompleteness in the KoPH.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That is true, however, the Incomplete X-Blade also had a keychain, parts of it's blade were missing instead.

Though I do agree that lack of a keychain is probably meant to represent incompleteness in the KoPH.

That may be due to the fact that, with the X-blade all needed hearts were at least present, although one of the hearts rebelled against the fusion, while with the KoPH Kairi's heart was never present when it was forged.

It's easy to interpret it as such, yes. ;)

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Or perhaps there was no Keychain for the KoPH because they either didn't care or just forgot?

Rexy

Bronze Member

if there is not and HD release i'll be disapointed... i don't really care about beeing on HD... i'll be glad if it is the ps2 games for ps3

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Kh & the xbox

Can you see the hd remasters or even KH3 being released on the Xbox along with PS3? Its been done with FF, why not KH? If Nomura really wanted to branch out to more players he'd release the games for Xbox too. What do you think? DISCUSS!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Re: Kh & the xbox

Personally, I'd HATE for the shit-box to get KH, but that's just my extremely biased opinion. But I suppose a lot of people would benefit from it, like people without PS3s and Square

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Can you see the hd remasters or even KH3 being released on the Xbox along with PS3? Its been done with FF, why not KH? If Nomura really wanted to branch out to more players he'd release the games for Xbox too. What do you think? DISCUSS!

Oh, look. Another one of these threads~

Honestly, there is just no way I can see the HD remasters on the 360 because we've never had a KH game on the 360. Also, We already have the multitudes of fans that are angry Nomura releases the games between Sony and Nintendo systems. Why complicate things more by putting KH on another system?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

Honestly IDK...
KH isnt a sony exclusive anymore and hasnt been in years... so i wouldnt put it past square to try to collect and put it on the xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back