• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: [Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage!

Gladly. ;)

No, I am also a tad concerned/afraid that we already got too much info as it is.
So many main original characters already confirmed to make at least an appearance and many ambigious scenes...

You know, I was worrying for the same reason, but now I'm not so sure. I mean, we still really don't know what the plot is. And so far we only know stuff about the RoS (which is only part of the game). And even the characters we've seen... we don't know to what extent they'll be in it. Like Vanitas may just be in the RoS and nowhere else, Roxas might only be in the opening...

I think, for the most part, we got a lot of info to keep us hyped, but we still don't really know what's going to happen. I think what they showed were good selections, in my opinion. Though I'll probably stay away from any news from now on. LOL.

Also, I bought a 3DS yesterday! It was the last one in the store, too! I'm so excited! Whenever this (and other amazing games) come out, I'll be ready!

Thank you so, so much to the staff here that: has kept us informed, allowed us to bounce ideas around, and dealt with common asked questions. I can't thank you enough! I don't know where I'd be without you guys. Very ignorant of things, I'm sure.

Anyway, thank you guys so much! I really appreciate what all you do for us. Even around your busy schedules, you make time. If I could, I'd give you all Keyblades. You rock.

Thanks again.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

It's been a great weekend indeed. Great work with everything staff, appreciate it, and whatever ritual you did to keep the forum from crashing, keep it up :)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Thanks! Glad you guys chose KHI for your KH3D info (bla bla bla)

No really this news drought awful we were really excited to give you new info. :)

also someone find that post where i called the release date for the end of march lol

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Gladly. ;)

No, I am also a tad concerned/afraid that we already got too much info as it is.
So many main original characters already confirmed to make at least an appearance and many ambigious scenes...
I'm the opposite way. For me any news is great news. Keeps my head buzzing with the possibilities of what could happen with all the confirmed characters.

MizuMikomi

Awards

Thanks guys! The News Staff does this all for you <3

Am I the only one afraid/excited over how much more info we'll get in the coming months? o___o
And we love you all for it ~ :3

Nope, your not the only one, I expect to see important scenes from the game scattered throughout the media we get. Since they did that with Birth by Sleep's trailers, I don't know why it would be any different with Dream Drop Distance.

Hopefully we don't get many scenes from the "shocking" ending, otherwise it might kill the hype to see what DDD has to throw at us... well... it would for me at least.

bigbadcloud

yea they did that with BBS and that peed me off so bad that the 3rd trailer showed stuff that was on the ending but i hope DDD wont do that but all in hype this game by far serpasses Kh1 thank you khi staff and to you as well EW for all the great news and i haveing thiese weired Thouts latly that Vanitas is really MF or a fusion of Vaitas and something elses ever sense we got the info that he has a black coat

MizuMikomi

Awards

I have to admit, after the trailer comes out and I watch it I will be hard pressed to avoid spoiling myself more than I already am. Especially with the release date being in the spring.
Honestly, after I see the trailer I will continue to intentionally spoil myself.

Usually, I am more concerned with how I get to the end, and how the story progresses as a whole. Rather than what the end result may be. If I know the ending beforehand, then it allows me to try and guess what actions I'll be taking next in game, as I progress to get to the end point or climax of the story ~

Sector 3

No news drought is worse than the one between the reveal trailer and the dream eater showcase. Waiting a day or two for the trailer then a few months for worlds is nothing!

Roxas and Xion

Some of you are saying that when we complete MoM we'll get out from RoS, but I wonder if this is right, cuz I thouthg we'll get in RoS, at first, just because of MoM, but many thinks would happen and we would slowly finding out about the Data that Ansem put inside Sora and the process to complete MoM would get longer. That would be my guess how DDD will be.

Sorry for my english, I'm brazilian.

please someone help me with this.

Last edited:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Honestly, after I see the trailer I will continue to intentionally spoil myself.

Usually, I am more concerned with how I get to the end, and how the story progresses as a whole. Rather than what the end result may be. If I know the ending beforehand, then it allows me to try and guess what actions I'll be taking next in game, as I progress to get to the end point or climax of the story ~
I'm exactly the same way. I've spoiled myself for every game after KH2 and never really regret it. I enjoy each game and love playing through them. I've never spoiled myself to the point that I know every little thing that happens in a game before i've played it and I doubt i'll know every mystery of DDD before I play it.

MizuMikomi

Awards

I'm exactly the same way. I've spoiled myself for every game after KH2 and never really regret it. I enjoy each game and love playing through them. I've never spoiled myself to the point that I know every little thing that happens in a game before i've played it and I doubt i'll know every mystery of DDD before I play it.
Yay! Finally someone who agrees with me ~

Birth by Sleep, I saw those few scenes from the ending and my speculation went through the roof. Even compelled a few of my friends to block me. Since unlike me, where I enjoy the journey, rather than the result. If they found out one trivial bit of info that could be related to the story, they blocked me because of it.

I am really hoping that DDD will be a bit more complex, so that I will end up having to focus hard on the story, I need a good game like that. All of them I've played the past few years have been pretty straightforward, save for BbS and Coded.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You know, I was worrying for the same reason, but now I'm not so sure. I mean, we still really don't know what the plot is. And so far we only know stuff about the RoS (which is only part of the game). And even the characters we've seen... we don't know to what extent they'll be in it. Like Vanitas may just be in the RoS and nowhere else, Roxas might only be in the opening...

I think, for the most part, we got a lot of info to keep us hyped, but we still don't really know what's going to happen. I think what they showed were good selections, in my opinion. Though I'll probably stay away from any news from now on. LOL.

Also, I bought a 3DS yesterday! It was the last one in the store, too! I'm so excited! Whenever this (and other amazing games) come out, I'll be ready!

Thank you so, so much to the staff here that: has kept us informed, allowed us to bounce ideas around, and dealt with common asked questions. I can't thank you enough! I don't know where I'd be without you guys. Very ignorant of things, I'm sure.

Anyway, thank you guys so much! I really appreciate what all you do for us. Even around your busy schedules, you make time. If I could, I'd give you all Keyblades. You rock.

Thanks again.

Looking at it that way is also a decent one, lol.
But let's then hope Nomura remains vague on that and we need to play the game to find out to which extent which character is included.

The trailer with the most spoilers is most often the launch trailer (as it was with BBS).

I'm the opposite way. For me any news is great news. Keeps my head buzzing with the possibilities of what could happen with all the confirmed characters.

You'll laugh but I myself also have no problems with theorizing and going "crazy" over more of the other main original characters. I am actually one of those who didn't like most of them only being in one and a half game.

I also tend to think in a more general view though sometimes and if possible I would want to avoid DDD getting not as good for a bunch of the fandom because too much was revealed too early.
Birth by Sleep suffered partly because of that fact. In the last trailer for that game Nomura revealed too much.

Yay! Finally someone who agrees with me ~

Birth by Sleep, I saw those few scenes from the ending and my speculation went through the roof. Even compelled a few of my friends to block me. Since unlike me, where I enjoy the journey, rather than the result. If they found out one trivial bit of info that could be related to the story, they blocked me because of it.

I am really hoping that DDD will be a bit more complex, so that I will end up having to focus hard on the story, I need a good game like that. All of them I've played the past few years have been pretty straightforward, save for BbS and Coded.-

For my personal opinion, I have to agree with what you say as well. ^__^

It's only that I don't always see just my view on things. I don't agree with hypocritical (no spoilers at all)-views but I also think that there should be put care into not revealing too much.

You're relatively new here, but I can tell you that a big bunch of our master-theorizers here at KHi are capable of guessing most of the story right with enough tidbits of information.
This was exactly the case with the last BBS-Trailer.

KHHacker6595

This game is making me want to watch all the confirmed worlds, luckily I own all the films that have been confirmed to be in it. I've already watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pinocchio. I have that Blu Ray back that comes with the Original Tron and Tron Legacy, so I'm watching both in order so I understand the story more. And then I'm gonna pop in my DVD of Mickey Donald Goofy: The Three Musketeers. I'm expecting the next worlds to be announced to be Toy Story, The Jungle Book, and The Sword In The Stone. The plot for the Sword In the Stone took place before Kingdom Hearts 1 similar to the whole Pinocchio situation, so since it was considered for BBS and since the whole Dream thing will make it work, I think its likely to appear in DDD.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Some of you are saying that when we complete MoM we'll get out from RoS, but I wonder if this is right, cuz I thouthg we'll get in RoS, at first, just because of MoM, but many thinks would happen and we would slowly finding out about the Data that Ansem put inside Sora and the process to complete MoM would get longer. That would be my guess how DDD will be.

Sorry for my english, I'm brazilian.

please someone help me with this.
I actually agree with you. There's just too many exclusive features in the Realm of Sleep to be removed after the second half like Dream Eaters, Dual Links, "Falling" to worlds, free flow actions, etc. Not to mention the billions of original characters being reintroduced in the Realm of Sleep. The Mark of Mastery may only take place half of the game, but that doesn't mean that the Realm of Sleep will only be the main setting for half the game. Besides, that would mean we can't bring back some of the exclusive features I mentioned and we'll fight Heartless and Nobodies in the Realm of Light instead of Dream Eaters, which I can't see the game having that much room for.

This game is making me want to watch all the confirmed worlds, luckily I own all the films that have been confirmed to be in it. I've already watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pinocchio. I have that Blu Ray back that comes with the Original Tron and Tron Legacy, so I'm watching both in order so I understand the story more. And then I'm gonna pop in my DVD of Mickey Donald Goofy: The Three Musketeers. I'm expecting the next worlds to be announced to be Toy Story, The Jungle Book, and The Sword In The Stone. The plot for the Sword In the Stone took place before Kingdom Hearts 1 similar to the whole Pinocchio situation, so since it was considered for BBS and since the whole Dream thing will make it work, I think its likely to appear in DDD.
Wow! I'm actually expecting the worlds too and I've been watching the same movies all the time lately to get ideas for these worlds. I guess great minds think alike!

MizuMikomi

Awards

You're relatively new here, but I can tell you that a big bunch of our master-theorizers here at KHi are capable of guessing most of the story right with enough tidbits of information.
This was exactly the case with the last BBS-Trailer.
I've lurked for quite a few years, and I was lurking around the time of BbS' release, so I am fully aware of the master-theorists and veteran members here. Truth be told, I had the majority of Birth by Sleep pinned down to pretty much every detail; excluding a few that surprised me quite a bit, that was about a week before my Japanese copy arrived. It was actually that fact which caused a few of my friends to permanently block me.

I figured out how Braig received his scars, Terra's fate, and what would happen to Ventus; excluding the X-Blade. Aqua's story was the only one that I was oblivious about.

I got relatively close, and come release, it all turned out true or close to it, and I was accused of spoilers. As such I am very very very defensive when it comes to spoilers of any type, despite how much I love to be spoiled, I understand there are those that flip out when they are.

Anyway, I would post theories I have, but I tend to change my mind to often for me to stick with just one solid idea and build off of it. Plus the things I currently have going through my mind seem to be along the same line of thought as others. Lol

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

35iz8f.jpg

There now i feel so much better! :D

Thank you very much for all the news! =)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

[/FONT][/COLOR]That sounds silly. I love going through boss fights in full. Cutting out half way and progressing Riku's story and then coming back to try and finish the boss with Sora would feel disjointed.

I have to agree, and I see this getting really frustrating at some points. For example, after the events of the game when people focus on getting the extras in the game to 100% complete it (journal, etc.), if something is character-specific, it is going to be really annoying to have to wait out Riku's gameplay just to get back to Sora or have to go the Pause menu and switch back every little while -_- We'll just see how this turns out.

I'm really bumbed up from the trailer translation! *.*
Can't believe Shiki called Riku a knight. Hehe~ I smell a new couple coming :D
[

MR. Knight! However, here is what I wonder. What if Shiki saw this Riku look-alike and he saved her, so now she is calling this Riku Mr. Knight???

Based on what Maleficent is planning to do with the light and stuff, I'm getting the feeling Nomura is running out of ideas for her.

I doubt it. If Maleficent was not needed at this point, they should have disposed of her. There are many Disney villains still in the game that could fill the Disney villain void. I think Maleficent still has plans up her sleeve, or she could be there with Pete to provide the comical relief like Team Rocket in Pokemon :)

Wait...I know we should take this with a grain of salt, but..:
Hearts? Plural?
Shouldn't Sora only have Ventus...

Here is what confused me the most. Here is the thing: Is it possible that the data Ansem put in Sora's heart was perhaps someone else's heart. According to the translations, Vanita's face appears when that is said, this leads me to believe that it is hinting Vanitas' heart is actually inside Sora's as well as Ventus'? However, this would kind of rid of the theory that MF is Vanitas and stuff like that.

This camera control sounds awful, if you actually have to press L+R to turn the movement stick into a camera stick. >_< You can't move the camera and the character at the same time? Eww. I'd rather just press forward on the left stick and turn using the camera, like most normal games let you do. =| Guess I'm going to need the frankenstick for sure.

Kingdom Hearts' camera controls were never amazing, I think at this point SE doesn't really focus on the camera too much. It is one of the things they will sacrifice to make other aspects better, and the camera has never been absolutely terrible to me, so I think they can pull it off this time. However, I do think this game is going to be very frustrating camera-wise without the second analog stick <_<

Well, the frankenstick may not look like it but a whole lot of people said it was very comfortable when playing. You can compare it with the Gamecube controller, the thing looks like hell to play with but it's reaaaally comfortable to play with.

I haven't heard any really big problems with the stick, only that it is annoying to have to remove it when you want to take out or put in a game, and that the distance from your right thumb to the AXYB buttons feels a bit odd at first. Also, the thing is quite large and kind of removes the "pocket-handheld" size because it becomes larger.

Maybe a special 3DS would be nice. I've put off buying the actual 3DS JUST in case there is a KH bundle.

I believe this is very possible, and I think they will end up making a limited edition bundle. My reasoning behind this is that:

1) They have made a limited edition handheld for every console handheld Kingdom Hearts has been on: GBA for CoM, DSi for Days/Re:Coded, PSP for BbS. This isn't some fluke, they are clearly going on with a concept here.

2) Under the BbS main site, one of the secret unrevealed options on the top bar was the limited edition PSP in Japan. Once again, there is a missing option on the top of the 3DS main site, and I think they might be going along with the same concept.

Sadly, the 3DS is region-locked, and if they go by how they have for their past systems, this 3DS will be a Japan-exclusive. This means that in order to play DDD, you will have to purchase and play the Japanese version of the game. Would that be okay for you? I'm not sure if it is for me yet, but I am waiting nonetheless in hopes that they will release it internationally like they did the Deep Silver GBA SP.

same here i dont even know what else i would buy for 3ds

Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Land 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time among others.

roxas7

Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Land 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time among others.

well seems like i have bin missing out mario kart, kid icarus an kh DDD will be must buys for me then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back