• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No one dies in KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
Re: Non one dies in KH

That dude that gets attacked by heartless when Sora first arrived at Traverse Town died.

Juro-Sama

Kh doesnt really use logic. KH is like a poetic story full of metaphors and other devices. As for people dying, they really dont in the kh world its a matter of reincarnation. Plus we know disney would not allow that in this game, judging from that reaction to original Sora.

αsiя

space coke

Kh doesnt really use logic. KH is like a poetic story full of metaphors and other devices. As for people dying, they really dont in the kh world its a matter of reincarnation. Plus we know disney would not allow that in this game, judging from that reaction to original Sora.

But there are a lot of deaths in Disney movies. Also I don't think Disney cares if a original character dies or not. I understand if they get mad if Nomura tried to kill off one of the Disney characters that aren't the villains.

Juro-Sama

I feel what you mean but judging from the fact that the first initial idea was rejected (chainsaw Sora) I can assume the plot would of been alot maturer.Now as for people dying as a whole to me it as I always said history repeats itsself. At least for the trios.

Juro-Sama

He also died in the movie and sadly that story had little to no plot significance to the story other than adding a little bit of excitement. (AT LEAST TO ME)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

There's death in KH, but it's just not the same as it is irl. (I'd like to point out Mufasa was killed.)
When someone dies in KH, their heart "goes to sleep." Generally, this is a permanent thing.
But, if the circumstances are right, someone can be waken, or brought back to life.

Edit:
Really, the only character to die then come back was Maleficent. And that was because somehow the fear the Fairies had for her and them saying her name allowed her to come back.
Every other character to be defeated just turned into another person or held onto another's heart.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I just think that it is stupid that they brought back Ansem the Wise after his conclusive monologue in KHII.
Well to be fair they did his "death" open what with him saying"Anything could happen!" a little explosion happened and we assumed he died.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

There's death in KH, but it's just not the same as it is irl. (I'd like to point out Mufasa was killed.)
When someone dies in KH, their heart "goes to sleep." Generally, this is a permanent thing.
But, if the circumstances are right, someone can be waken, or brought back to life.

Thank you, at least someone. And just to point it out there, I never r thought Ansem the Wise was dead. When he said 'Anything can happen', I just knew.

KastleS1

Awards

Maybe it because the people coming back are main and or popular characters.Unless i see Clayton come back or all the dead bystanders like that one guy in travese town come back which is doubtful there should be some characters that will stay dead.All the people coming back are people who still have a story to tell or like i said popular (Lea)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH2 novels released way back when had Namine hinting that Axel would return as his Somebody. Definitely doubt Lea being alive in KH3D was something decided on his popularity, but something planned ages ago.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
At this point I'd be surprised if we didn't see Master Eraqus come back, and Repliku, AND MUFASA. BAM

The Lion King III: Arise Mufasa Arise

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Are Disney villains asleep, or really dead? I don't get why Nomura doesn't want death; they're all over the Disney films.

It's as if 4kids overtook Kingdom Hearts or something...

I can't imagine he actually doesn't, and all of this is a weird translation/cultural differences issue.

The problem goes away entirely if you switch "there is no concept of death" to "hearts are immortal, and yes I'm making another reference to Christianity with the whole 'sleep' thing." =P

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I like how we can't criticise Nomura now because "he's the creator and it's his story, so he can do what we want" that the fan drones like to trot out.

There is magical franchise.A franchise where the creator gets criticised for bonking up his own continuity, added an annoying amphibian and created many plot holes for many years to come. And no matter what, he insist that these additions are good and that it is his franchise.

And his name is...

George Lucas. Creator of Star Wars.

Or aka:

south park indiana hey - YouTube

Yes. If Nomura can rape Sora, he would.

...South Park. Write that episode NOW!

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'm kind of with Chrono Mizaki on this one no matter how people try to cover Nomura this all looks very shoddy on his part. The more I hear of this people not dying the more I'm like I don't feel like fighting Xemnas or Ansem SOD again even Riku Replica.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I like how we can't criticise Nomura now because "he's the creator and it's his story, so he can do what we want" that the fan drones like to trot out.

Who's putting Nomura on a pedestal and saying he's above criticism? o_0;

All I'm saying is, I'm sick of this "no death in KH" nonsense. There is. There clearly is. They're clearly not going in a direction in which death does not exist, because Birth by Sleep made death a far more important concept than it had ever been in the KH frame story before (instead of just showing up in Disney worlds).

And I find it frankly absurd that the Western response to "I'm just going to steal your Christian concept of death as sleep now, okay?" is "no one dies ever? How childish!" It's really nothing new and unique for KH -- it's literally two thousand years older than that. o_0

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The problem goes away entirely if you switch "there is no concept of death" to "hearts are immortal, and yes I'm making another reference to Christianity with the whole 'sleep' thing." =P

Exactly, hearts and memories...heck, memories where already said in-game to be immortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back