• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did KH2 suck to everyone??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
-Shit writing
-Shallow gameplay.
-This is just me, but nothing really memorable about level design or core game design.
-Again his is just me, but I really feel they copped out kicking Roxas out in the beginning. They could have pulled an MGS2 with it because his story was just picking up and getting interesting.
-Stupid dialogue.
-Difficulty. Being easy can work in some games, but KH1's difficulty was fine KH2 got dumbed down like shit
-Goofy.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By: Dayum
Kingdom Hearts was more fun when you had no clue what was going on IMO.

Yes best post ever lol.

I'm just going to keep kicking an already dead horse, and just say KH2 is what happens when you try to please different groups of people. Tried to please the kids by having too much Disney. Then you tried to please the hardcore FF group by having too much of that. Last you tried to please everyone else with that thing they call gameplay.

Which leads to a cluster f*** that is called KH2.

This was not originally said by me it was actually by a friend of mine.

Katsagu

Awards
I liked it, mostly because it was the 1st kh game i ever played.
I died in every boss against the organization XIII lol it wasnt easy for me thats for sure.
I liked it and still like, but birth by sleep is better :)

mooglekupor

Awards
I will never truly understand why do we need so many topics on how much KHII sucks. Since I expressed my opinion in another topic I'll say 2 things:
1. KHI was designed as a stand-alone title in the beginning, that's why the story has no "plotholes", has its own frame,and there are only a handful of plot elements left open, because initially they intended to stop after one game. And if any KH game has a cluster fuck of things gone wrong its the first title, or have you forgotten the pointless jungle rides with Tarzan, the bad platforming, the slow gummi ship and the failed "puzzles" if we can call them that.
2.KH2FM+ was voted the most popular KH game. And not KHI or BBS...

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By mooglekupor

1. KHI was designed as a stand-alone title in the beginning, that's why the story has no "plotholes", has its own frame,and there are only a handful of plot elements left open, because initially they intended to stop after one game. And if any KH game has a cluster kupo! of things gone wrong its the first title, or have you forgotten the pointless jungle rides with Tarzan, the bad platforming, the slow gummi ship and the failed "puzzles" if we can call them that.

Pointless jungle rides my ass that was fun for me at least it was a different way to experience that level. If you want to talk about something pointless how about we start with KH2's Skateboard(or did you forget), or the simple fact none of the worlds matter expect 3 of them. Let's keep going what about all those pointless new characters. At first Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette were cool, but once you got started on Sora's side they became irrelevant to anything. Of course we knew why Roxas did I'm talking more so about the other 3. Then all those FF character's which was quite sad really.

Whomever voted KH2FM+ the most popular KH game got issues anyway everyone here that's stated what's wrong with the game will tell you why. You can keep beating that drum but KH2 and it's other part FM+ were a pile of shit.

Last but not least at least Kingdom Hearts 1 actually had platforming for a reason.

mooglekupor

Awards
Pointless jungle rides my ass that was fun for me at least it was a different way to experience that level. If you want to talk about something pointless how about we start with KH2's Skateboard(or did you forget), or the simple fact none of the worlds matter expect 3 of them. Let's keep going what about all those pointless new characters. At first Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette were cool, but once you got started on Sora's side they became irrelevant to anything. Of course we knew why Roxas did I'm talking more so about the other 3. Then all those FF character's which was quite sad really.

Whomever voted KH2FM+ the most popular KH game got issues anyway everyone here that's stated what's wrong with the game will tell you why. You can keep beating that drum but KH2 and it's other part FM+ were a pile of shit.

Last but not least at least Kingdom Hearts 1 actually had platforming for a reason.
1. Skateboarding was required to complete the journal and in the FM version by completing the journal on proud mode can you unlock the secret movie. And skateboarding used more than one button unlike the jungle rides...
2. Without the twilight town gang Sora and co would have never made it to TWTNW, so I guess they were useful afterall
3."Whomever voted KH2FM+ the most popular KH game got issues " heh tell that to all the japanese KH fans out there. In public of course, I dare you.
4. I agree, bashing the controller into the television repetitively meanwhile referring to the controller's mother inserting long hard things into her holiest of the holiest is reason enough to include platforming!

Shinjuku

Entrapment
1. I don't give a shit about completing some god forsaken journal.

2. I'm certain they could have found other ways and not only that how did they help just by tagging along?

3. Okay I have no problem with that.

4. Man I think you ended up describing KH2 more then you just did one.

Let's not even get started on KH2 god awful gameplay that was so easy a 5 year old with no gaming experience could possibly beat it.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Okay, you don't like KH2, Shinjuku. Can you just move on?

And I like lKH2. Sure I beat it three days after my 15th birthday but I had fun and is still my favorite game. I rank it a underratted game of the series, rivaling other games I played. It might not be the best story to others, but it can be improved.

blueheart

Bronze Member
There were a few fun parts, like Space Paranoids and Mysterious Tower, but overall it was disappointing. And had may pointless and dull things in it.

It had a good build up, but it faltered.
It was still an okay game, I guess.

By the time Sora and Riku were walking through the Door to Light, I remember feeling a strong sense of disappointment.

The Nameless

Well, if you go this way, then that way, then go s
-Kairi. Yeah, I don't like Kairi (at all), but I want Kairi to actually become a much better character than she was portrayed in KH2. From what we can infer, she never once mentions Riku until she reunites with him or the scene with Selphie, but she basically brushes him off even though he almost got eaten by a crazy pedo darkness Billy Zane. Then, she gets kidnapped three times: the first time with Axel, another Axel kidnapping when she escapes, and then Saix. Seriously?! Way to just shove her in the plot. Oh, and don't even get me started about her "fighting" scenes. Her character basically got downgraded (as did most of KH2's characters). BbS Kairi was better if for the fact she actually decided herself to sit this one out.

I don't understand why everyone hates on Kairi. Sure, she was pretty helpless in 1 and 2, but if they trashed that, and made her (and Riku) replace Donald (and Goofy) in KH3, that would kick major ass.

-Atlantica.

Haha... yeah, Atlantica sucked.

The only redeeming factor was the (probably unintentional) SoRi scenes.

Really? Yaoi? -_-

---

Honestly, I didn't think KH2 was a bad game. Sure, I was 9 when I beat it, but it was pretty cool. Not the greatest game ever, for sure (I give that honor to inFAMOUS 2), but it was fun. It's like Zelda II and Castlvania II: Simon's Quest, some people love it, some hate it.

The Nameless

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ oathkeeperriku

Naw don't think so reason being title of this thread is why did KH2 suck to everyone, and not only that I had to respond to something mooglekupor said anyways.

Plus I don't remember this thread being about why you liked KH2 lol. If you don't like people bashing the game or stating opinions that they were disappointed with the game then don't come to the thread.

Edit: One thing you fail the realize about most people that bash the game we all might have been bigger fans then you'd ever dream of being. I know for sure I was a huge fan way back in middle school and early high school for sure. I couldn't wait for KH2 then it all went to hell right afterwards.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Look at the track record for this series and also look at this forum you'll see why people don't have faith in the series.

KH1 - great game by many few flaws such as camera.

KH:COM - great game bad gameplay to some but still probably best story

KH2 - Depending on who's being asked it could be good, bad, or god awful to many people.

KH:358/2 Days: Worst game in the series to date.

KH: BBS - Game some people say is the best since KH1( at least I've heard that many of times)

KH: coded - rehash of KH1 again, but it's a mixed bag of opinions

KH: DDD - ??????

So take that for what you will but what it looks like to me is the Kingdom Hearts series is a hit or miss depending on the one you play.

As it stands for me they are 3-3 it terms of good and bad games, and the way DDD looks they might be 3-4, but that's not fair because it hasn't come out yet.

Also for a good number of people I've talked to many state the story has gotten convoluted which isn't a very good thing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Hi, I'm new here so please be easy on me.

I think KHII is one the best in the series. But it does have it's problems. Such as being rather easy no matter what the difficulty is at. Although some boss battles are still hard.

As much as I love the game, these are my complaints:
-The whole visiting every Disney world...twice. At least Atlantica is optional(I think.)
Why not have it where you visit some twice and some are done all at once.
-Speaking on Atlantica(I liked it by the why) You better save it for last, otherwise it's gonna be visit and do a song, can't continue, go to another world, come back and do a song, can't continue, go to another world, come back and do a song...etc.
-The Drive Forms and Summons seemed kind of useless.

I think that's it.

mooglekupor

Awards
1. I don't give a shit about completing some god forsaken journal.
2. I'm certain they could have found other ways and not only that how did they help just by tagging along?
3. Okay I have no problem with that.
4. Man I think you ended up describing KH2 more then you just did one.

Let's not even get started on KH2 god awful gameplay that was so easy a 5 year old with no gaming experience could possibly beat it.
1st sentence doesnt have a point, and neither does the second one and its just wild guessing.3rd either you have a really big mouth or just didnt reply seriously, and 4th lacks the slightest creavity as a response.
0 out of 4 replies need to stay unedited...
Okay, you don't like KH2, Shinjuku. Can you just move on?
And I like lKH2. Sure I beat it three days after my 15th birthday but I had fun and is still my favorite game. I rank it a underratted game of the series, rivaling other games I played. It might not be the best story to others, but it can be improved.

This is a fine example of noticing the issues of a game and accepting those along with the whole game. Plus point given for liking the game. Short but sweet comment. Thank you oathkeeperriku09 for being smart.
@ oathkeeperriku
Naw don't think so reason being title of this thread is why did KH2 suck to everyone, and not only that I had to respond to something mooglekupor said anyways.
Plus I don't remember this thread being about why you liked KH2 lol. If you don't like people bashing the game or stating opinions that they were disappointed with the game then don't come to the thread.
Edit: One thing you fail the realize about most people that bash the game we all might have been bigger fans then you'd ever dream of being. I know for sure I was a huge fan way back in middle school and early high school for sure. I couldn't wait for KH2 then it all went to hell right afterwards.
You dont HAVE to respond to anyone darling, it is a matter of choice. Do what you (what you) want, you yourself control your actions. Just take the red pill and wake the funk up.
I came here to add a few ideas. Didn't write my opinion about KH2 cuz I already did that somewhere else. Also nobody bitched about the title/topic so far, we just expect positive or negative critic that is based on logic and reason from everyone.
Bigger fan? You mean back in the day you were so obsessed with the series you had a KH pillow,KH tootbrush,KH pez candy dispenser,KH dolls and KH cockring? But then the big bad wolf of a company SE came and ruined your childhood not to mention your whole life?

Sad thing is there are a multitude of "fans" like you who are so into KH they dont see its flaws, but when they do they dont see their positive aspects anymore :(

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
1st sentence doesnt have a point, and neither does the second one and its just wild guessing.3rd either you have a really big mouth or just didnt reply seriously, and 4th lacks the slightest creavity as a response.

This is a fine example of noticing the issues of a game and accepting those along with the whole game. Plus point given for liking the game. Short but sweet comment. Thank you oathkeeperriku09 for being smart.
You dont HAVE to respond to anyone darling, it is a matter of choice. Do what you (what you) want, you yourself control your actions. Just take the red pill and wake the funk up.
I came here to add a few ideas. Didn't write my opinion about KH2 cuz I already did that somewhere else. Also nobody bitched about the title/topic so far, we just expect positive or negative critic that is based on logic and reason from everyone.
Bigger fan? You mean back in the day you were so obsessed with the series you had a KH pillow,KH tootbrush,KH pez candy dispenser,KH dolls and KH cockring? But then the big bad wolf of a company SE came and ruined your childhood not to mention your whole life?

Sad thing is there are a multitude of "fans" like you who are so into KH they dont see its flaws, but when they do they dont see their positive aspects anymore :(

Yhi4I.jpg

What the hell am I reading

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Talking about lack of creavity you tried to pwn me and you failed very hard at it nice try GTFO.

WTF what issues did he notice I didn't see anything again GTFO.

Damn dude don't be too hard on yourself sounds like you struggling. Again like I told oathkeeperriku09 look at the track record of this series it's not my fault that KH2 tried to be a bad*** game, but failed horribly.

To be honest you looking like a bigger fool if those products existed I know for damn sure I didn't know about it something you trying to tell us there fruit loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back