• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did KH2 suck to everyone??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
@Shinjuku Don't start anything just because you don't like KH2 or how the series is. All I said it may not be the best story, but it can be improved. KH2 doesn't have to be a 'badass' game, just a game people can enjoy. And what track record, all I'm seeing is fans dissapointed of KH and want it to end because you don't like the story. The KH series may have it's flaws, but there's nothing wrong with flaws. Flaws mean it will improve and get better.

And you'll act like a total child agrueing with someone over the internet, on a forum, whose also from Ga too. So drop it and move on.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
All I said it may not be the best story, but it can be improved.

Anything can be improved, but KH2 is already set in stone. Short of releasing a revision of the story that's canon, nothing will change.

KH2 doesn't have to be a 'badass' game, just a game people can enjoy.

You're completely right. ^^ But that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of the game.

And what track record, all I'm seeing is fans dissapointed of KH and want it to end because you don't like the story.

This is a generalization.

The KH series may have it's flaws, but there's nothing wrong with flaws.

Yes, there is. That's why they're called flaws, because they hinder the overall quality of a game or series. I'm not saying to dislike a game because of them. If you can recognize flaws and still legitimately like the game, then by all means, go ahead.

Flaws mean it will improve and get better.

No, it doesn't. If at this point those flaws are still in place, there's less of a guarantee they'll somehow "improve" those aspects. Especially if things like the canon are a jumbled mess. Short of rebooting a franchise, almost nothing can clean up the canon.

There's different levels of quality. It's never as black or white as a game just being either good, or bad. A game could have areas that aren't flawed and still be improved upon. In fact, if they didn't do this, people would complain about the game largely being the same.

This is why the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is inapplicable for the most part in video games.

And you'll act like a total child agrueing with someone over the internet, on a forum, whose also from Ga too. So drop it and move on.

*sigh*

It's a forum. People can debate, or "argue" over things they disagree as much as they want. It's not really your place to tell people to stop.

But I will say this: If you have nothing fruitful to add to the discussion other than to tell people that they should just blindly accept KH, enjoy it, and not criticize any aspect of it even though some are legitimate complains, then don't bother posting.

Especially if you're not going to address any of the criticisms.

Seriously.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The game itself can't be improved it's now almost 6 years old you make it sound like this came out during the PS3 era with patches and whatnot's.

What track record? Look throughout this forum and even just talking to a few people. I've said that already

Calling out my state doesn't really phase me coming from someone who's on Destiny Islands which at your age you might want to get back to life and back to reality.

If you enjoyed KH2 fine, but if you coming on this thread expecting any different then bashing or criticism(and even some constructive criticism for the series) sorry bro you just stepped into the wrong one.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
The game play was too easy; sure I died a couple of times the first play through. But after? Not really. What really disappointed me though was the story. Some of it seemed jammed in there for no reason, other parts made no sense, and it just seemed to be a let down after the first game. It had it's moments; a lot of the core story was spectacular. But it seemed like most of the plot was filler, and that's what really upset me. Good game? Yes, but it feels unfinished. Still play it? Yes, I need to make the run of the games again before Dream Drop. One of my top four? No; that currently goes to BBS, Kingdom Hearts, COM and Days. However, the worst game in the series? No, at least it's still fun, despite the flaws. Worst in the series goes to Coded. Had to FORCE myself to finish it; my sisters still aren't done with it, and we've all had our copies for a few months now.

P.S. I guess the way Dream Drop goes may depend on which song they use for the opening. I heard a joke somewhere about the good titles have Simple and Clean as the opening and the bad ones have Sanctuary. If that's the case, SE mixed up the opening for Days and Coded. I am praying that Dream Drop let's us down in very few areas; my biggest problem is the Dream Eaters. If only SE could have a return to the darker enemies of Kingdom Hearts...

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By Eternal Dream

If only SE could have a return to the darker enemies of Kingdom Hearts...

That might never happen again they had a chance with the unversed, but it turns out they were a palette swap for the heartless(at least a good number were).

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Worst in the series goes to Coded. Had to FORCE myself to finish it; my sisters still aren't done with it, and we've all had our copies for a few months now.

Maybe it's just preference, but I honestly find Re:Coded to be much better than KH2, story-wise and gameplay-wise.

Sure, most of the worlds (or all of them, except the Data World itself) were repeats from previous titles and felt like another version of KH1 and CoM to an extent, but the story itself, even in repeated, overused worlds, I found was much better than KH2's, even in their new worlds and additions. The story, though short, did what it needed to. We got the introduction of Data Sora and Data Riku who honestly got some of the best character development yet in the KH series unlike some of our present characters, and the ending part of the game (fighting the Anti-Sora/Sora's Heartless & then Roxas) honestly completed that idea for me.

And gameplay-wise, it had an improved system of BbS, which I used to think was the best system in the series until Re:Coded. The gameplay is probably what I consider the best in the series, and the most enjoyable, and didn't have me gritting my teeth while leveling up like KH2, Days and BbS sometimes did.

But I guess it does just come down to preference, but I honestly found Re:Coded to be ranked in the third spot story-wise (behind CoM as 1st and KH1 as 2nd) and 1st gameplay-wise.

KH2, in my opinion, is the worst game of the series.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Sure I loved KH2, but I admit it was pretty easy. What I dont get is people complaining about hard bosses and saying the game is easy.
If we'd had gotten KH2FM+ wed have critical mode, harder bosses (data), more challenges, more storyline, and so much more to do. But we didnt get final mix and im doomed to watch other people play it on Youtube

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Sucked? It didn't suck at all. It just became the object of affection for many people who only like the game because of the art style and the possible pairing of characters to satisfy their sexual appetite. Due to this unwanted fanbase, there are now Kingdom Hearts hipsters too. Thank Yevon that their are those of us who don't really care what people, that we don't know by the way, on the internet say and actually enjoy the game because we played it and liked it.

Grey

Sucked? It didn't suck at all. It just became the object of affection for many people who only like the game because of the art style and the possible pairing of characters to satisfy their sexual appetite. Due to this unwanted fanbase, there are now Kingdom Hearts hipsters too. Thank Yevon that their are those of us who don't really care what people, that we don't know by the way, on the internet say and actually enjoy the game because we played it and liked it.

This isn't a matter of not liking something because of other people liking it. Please.

And just because some people enjoy the game and played it and liked it doesn't mean it didn't have awful flaws. The game sucked. The writing of the story was terrible, the character dialogue and development was awful, there wasn't much challenge. I enjoyed the game, but that doesn't mean it comes close to other games in the series that accomplish the feat of having a good story, good characters, and a decent challenge all at the same time (like KH1, Re:CoM, and Re:Coded).

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Hillboy

The thing about the difficulty is compared to the first one it drops off the reason is for me I feel Sora is just overpowered to start with, and that the drive forms don't help either in fact they make it a lot worse.

Plus given the reaction commands make most battles and even boss fights a piece of cake. Especially boss fights that have a crap load of reaction commands such as White Thorn and I know there was another that used it heavily at least.

If you pair up boss fights from KH1 and KH2 I'm certain most boss fights from the first one would win off the top of my head Stealth Snake and Reverse Guard Armor are two that could beat out most of the bosses in KH2 even some Org battles.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
This man right here says what I'm thinking. Bravo sir.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, I might like my ships but I still don't like KH2 a much as other games. Or even like certain characters and how Nomura drew them. Still don't like the game as much as other games. I feel like you can get a better gaming experience from a ton of other games in the world and if you consider KH2 good, kudos to you, but it is a subpar game.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
I don't understand what we're comparing KH2 to. . . .the first one? If so, how could it possibly not be better. While the first one definetly wins in story, KH2 drastically improved on the gameplay. This may shock you. . .but all KH games are button mashers. . .except CoM. As for the difficulty, I didn't find any real difference between KH1 and 2. The voice acting was also improved from the first game, as well as the facial animations.

And if you're comparing KH2 to games released after it. . .then you're not being fair. Of course improvements will continue to be made as the developers get more experienced with the series. Birth by Sleep had several problems with it. I would also like to end with this. At least KH2's story made sense. . . .for a KH game.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I don't understand what we're comparing KH2 to. . . .the first one?

We could compare it to KH1, but that would just put it down even more. I, at least, am holding this up to the standard of a good game, gameplay and story wise.

If so, how could it possibly not be better. While the first one definetly wins in story, KH2 drastically improved on the gameplay. This may shock you. . .but all KH games are button mashers. . .except CoM.

Because it isn't better. The combos are unnecessarily prolonged and flashy while Sora's basic KH1 combos were fine. BBS even stepped away from the flashy ass basic X combos. And, no all KH games aren't button mashers I can honestly disagree with that now. In KH2, you could tap X with the occasional triangle button and beat anything. That's not what combat should be, it should be rewarding and challenging at the same time with some depth added. KH1 had all of this while continuing to maintain it's simplicity.

As for the difficulty, I didn't find any real difference between KH1 and 2. The voice acting was also improved from the first game, as well as the facial animations.

Ok

And if you're comparing KH2 to games released after it. . .then you're not being fair. Of course improvements will continue to be made as the developers get more experienced with the series. Birth by Sleep had several problems with it.

No one did that.

I would also like to end with this.

Oh god.

At least KH2's story made sense. . . .for a KH game.

I guess it did? But the delivery was very sub-par in both writing and pacing I feel. Though this is very subjective and I doubt EVERYONE could comprehend everything about KH2 first playthrough.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
I'm not comparing it to other games, just the rest of the series. I still say that the biggest reason for people hating this game is because it's over rated. It's not my favorite game in the series, but it doesn't suck. Not being as good as a highly successful game doesn't mean it sucked. A more accurate statement would be that it just fell short of expectations and was over hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back