• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did KH2 suck to everyone??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Or that it sucks. The word choice in this case doesn't really matter to people. Sucked basically means what you called an accurate statement to us.

PMcKenna13

The things I didn't like about the game were the cut scenes like EVERY SINGLE time you traveled into a new room. In KH1 you're forced to explore the maps and figure things out on your own but in KH2 they held your hand through the levels.

Also, I personally didn't like having to visit each world twice. I mean it seemed like the developers were just trying to drag the game out.

And everyone already knows about the lack of difficulty.

Grey

The things I didn't like about the game were the cut scenes like EVERY SINGLE time you traveled into a new room. In KH1 you're forced to explore the maps and figure things out on your own but in KH2 they held your hand through the levels.

Also, I personally didn't like having to visit each world twice. I mean it seemed like the developers were just trying to drag the game out.

And everyone already knows about the lack of difficulty.

And the awful dialogue.

And the mediocre story.

And the lack of cohesiveness between Disney and Squenix.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Basically that about sums it up if you begin to include the level designs compared to KH1 it's not even fair. When people say KH2 feels like a giant hallway they really mean that.

Just to make it worse they had sidequests that matter with the first game even though it was annoying to get all postcards you got a huge reward in the end lol.

Last edited:

blueheart

Bronze Member
In terms of hackey-slashey gameplay, people need to replay KH1: it's just as bad: Vertical swing, poke, round swing (occasionally switch the first two). Switch it up by adding one more poke or vertical swing, and that's pretty much all you did for physical combat, unless you used an awkward ability. At least KH2 made it more flashy with different combos (but as others have said, that just makes it easier).

I wanted to say something about this earlier.

I actually think this was why most people loved KH1's gameplay and mechanics, minus the camera controls. You controlled any little move Sora would do. You felt more apart of the movements in a way. That was why it felt more victorious to beat a boss, because every little move required forcus and memorization from you. You felt like you were the one fighting and winning, not the triangle button and pixels themselves.

Although KH2 made it smoother, it went overboard with it's simplicity, as in it required less skill and focus.

I'm bad at explaining things, but hopefully some know what I'm trying to say here.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Wait, everyone thinks KH2 sucks? I thought most fans ate it up like mana from the heavens. Personally, it is on the lower end of my totem pole, but I thought I was a rare breed.

A few reasons why it gravitates downward: I did think the combat was a bit too elementary. The worlds were mostly from the mainstream, renaissance-era films that have been forced down my throat I don't know how many times, and Atlantica, while still an interesting change-of-pace, was no where near as enjoyable as in KH1 (or CoM for that matter). At the time of completion, there were so many characters I felt needed to be fleshed out and weren't, and let's not forget the biggest feux pas of them all, no Billy Zane!

There's more, but I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the installment. It's a good game and innovative in other aspects. The final battle with/as Riku pardons any of these offenses. :}

Sora3000

Awards
KH2 has been my favorite KH game since it was released and it will still be one my favorites even when the KH creators will hopefully remake a KH game that started on a different gaming platform for the PS3. I don't care if even by playing on the hardest difficulty it still looked easy, I just enjoy it. The worlds, characters, story, and gameplay are all great to me.

CaptainSora

man i have nothing but love for KH2. i appreciate that fact that it was made. it had great gameplay to me. the knockbacks the drive forms. it was easy but there was more and thats all i want. you got to actually see so growth in all the characters. The last boss wasnt one lame fight(although it was in part one either) but you fought him like 5 times with riku btw which was <small>kupo!</small>ing amazing. You got a FF char on your team. the 1000 heartless battle was a cool part. and getting to it while fighting with all those FF chars was <small>kupo!</small>ing awesome too. dueling weilding fenrir and ultimate weapon was kickass. yea the worlds werent perfect but its disney which in my opinon isnt much for square enix to work withi in the first place. If you look at the story as a whole it was the starting point for the main plot cuz part 1 was just a <small>kupo!</small>ing awesome game but you really didnt learn anything till you find out Ansem and Xemnas and Xenohart were all the same person. and the fact that BBS was better only means that with every game it gets better so the next main game is probably going to be <small>kupo!</small>ing awesome.

and i think the reaction commands and those abilites were added to kinda show soras growth. Part one he was just jumping and slashing and doing little combos here and throwing the keyblade. part 2 he was more acrobatic (flipping in the air running up buildings in the xemnas fight and the cool as cutscene fight with roxas) with more power moves and the drive forms and what not. VTA from BBS were <small>kupo!</small>ing amazing with their keyblades doing amazing moves. and now you have 3D were sora and riku are gliding and riding rails and jumping off walls and doing amazing attacks. its just their improvement and growth with using the keyblade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I was just thinking to myself how much more difficult the game would be if you played on Proud Mode without equipping any abilities. Now I really want to play it again just to do this.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Reagan Rayden

Please tell me how that goes kind of wanted to try that one time myself, but never got around to it.

@ CaptainSora

Okay everyone keeps bashing on KH1 battle system it may not be as fluid as later titles, but once you got to a certain point in the game it wasn't that bad as he had many different combos, and ending combos.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I'll probably never get around to it unfortunately. Don't have a PS2 (I have a PS3 but it's one of those terrible non-backwards compatible models) or the game. : /

Absent axel

KH2 did have the two press square during different parts of combo to do a different combo/ power attack.
KH1 did have some timing and it was easier to time hits and GET THE HELL AWAY FROM RIKU before he jump kicked / sliced you to oblivion

The problem with this game is that it was way to easy to even want to use drive forms and drive forms werent that cheap to get back up in the first place.

I honestly thought there were no glide etc abilities in this game (glide, double jump and all that) untill I learnt that tediously getting drives levelled up got those abilities to help beat sephiroth in my game guide.

Also KH2 had no dodge roll. :'(

Don't get me wrong, KH2 was epic and I replayed it to bits and bits and bits (Seriously I replayed it more then 5 times at least) but you didn't need skill and getting the awesome gliding and the jumping and the dashing wasnt worth it at all.

At least proud mode KH1 was actually hard.

Oh and summons were useless as well.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
No it's Expert mode get it right lol.

Summons were useless in any game that had them no matter what.

@ Reagan Rayden

Well that makes two of us still got the games, but PS2 is in bits and pieces lol.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Wait, everyone thinks KH2 sucks? I thought most fans ate it up like mana from the heavens. Personally, it is on the lower end of my totem pole, but I thought I was a rare breed.

As I'm sure people are aware, especially with some of the responses in this thread, everyone is an exaggeration. But yeah, most people here find KH2 to be from lackluster to downright bad. There are, of course, people who still love the game and think it's the greatest.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Agreed I feel deeply sorry for those said people, but I feel like most of the time when some people say that they must have never played the first or even COM in order to make such a statement.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Don't get me wrong, I love KH2. It's always fun to pop it in, go into Final Form, and just DEVASTATE EVERYTHING.

In fact, I once thought it was the greatest. But no more. Honestly, I love BBS, and I love how they introduced the command system. I also love how they built upon it in Re:coded; I feel that was a great way for it to go.

And I feel that 3D is gonna top those two.

Seriously, to me each game is better than the last (except Days and CoM; I love them, but they didn't top 2 and 1, respectively. BBS did though).

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
The only real issues I had with KH2 was the whole not dying thing and being able to kill anything with two presses of the X button.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
But But But...what about that story and and and the fact that Org. XIII turned out to be a bunch of p*******.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back