• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJedi224

Definitely. Post any ideas here.

My idea:
Chaosbringer- the ultimate keyblade in terms of sheer stregnth, but is greatly lacking in both magic and defense. Provides the abilities Striker (Boosts power when HP is low), Ultima Form (Drive forms provide greatly boosted strength +critical rate), and MP Strike (If you have sufficient MP, your physical attacks will drain some of it, dealing boosted damage)

-Roxas-XIII-

My idea:
The Keyblades should be more customizable. You should be able to modify the blade and the key-chain separately.
For example; modifying the blade, you would change the length and strength boost, and modifying the key-chain would change the magic boost and attached ability.
An example of this using the Keyblades form KH2 would be using the Ferir shaft (long reach and 7 strength) with the Ultima key-chain (4 magic and MP Hastega).

As far as new Keyblades are concerned, I personally dislike the look of most of the 'Disney' themed Keyblades (like Jungle King, Fary Harp, and Mysterious Abyss just to name a few). They look ugly, especially compared to beautiful ones like Oathkeeper, Oblivion or Two Become One.

Leflores

The keychain defines the blade's appearance.

But I think it would be cool if there was some sort of keyblade based around Xemnas' Ethereal Blades (I mean, there's The Bond of Flame keyblade which looks like Axel's chakrams so why not?)
It could be like a whip, with very long range but low damage.

Otherwise I don't really have any ideas. I'm not creative >.<

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I would like Notre Dame Keyblade referred to as Heaven's Light for Sora and Hellfire for Riku if they receive separate Disney Keyblades. My design for the former would have it's hilt being a steel loop where you attach things, a rope as the extension of the blade, a golden halo at the end with bell teeth attached to it, and the Keychain being the woven band Esmeralda give Quasimodo.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I hope the keyblades are upgraded, the ones we recieved in bbs asside from the plot special ones were lame. I also hope we hace a few returning keyblades like the spellbinder

Grey

My idea:
The Keyblades should be more customizable. You should be able to modify the blade and the key-chain separately.
For example; modifying the blade, you would change the length and strength boost, and modifying the key-chain would change the magic boost and attached ability.
An example of this using the Keyblades form KH2 would be using the Ferir shaft (long reach and 7 strength) with the Ultima key-chain (4 magic and MP Hastega).

I don't think this is logical or possible, considering that:

The keychain defines the blade's appearance.

But I do think that there can be more that's done with the Keyblades. Maybe giving access to the "realm of darkness" versions of the Keyblades (Nomura said something about Keyblades coming in pairs, one for the RoL and one for the RoD), or allowing for two keychains to be used at once for specific Keyblades (Oathkeeper+Oblivion anyone?).

Also, I think it'd be cool if Sora and Riku received upgrades for their Keyblades. I don't find it likely--since Riku sort of already got an upgrade and Sora's Keyblade is sort of symbolic of the entire franchise--but I think it'd be cool.

Crazy Mario

In my opinion, Keyblades should get power upgrades like in Re:coded. That way, Keychains can be balanced instead of only having better ones in later parts of the game. It'd also make you want to switch Keychains more.

Grey

In my opinion, Keyblades should get power upgrades like in Re:coded. That way, Keychains can be balanced instead of only having better ones in later parts of the game. It'd also make you want to switch Keychains more.

I do like this idea. I think Re:Coded had the best system for Keyblades. Leveling up Keyblades to grant them new abilities and stats was a wonderful way to give yourself more customization and options. In past games, you were restricted to three or four Keyblades if you wanted to be able to stand a chance against powerful enemies. In Re:Coded, almost every Keyblade had its own perks that made it useful, and I hope they use this system in the future.

Crazy Mario

I do like this idea. I think Re:Coded had the best system for Keyblades. Leveling up Keyblades to grant them new abilities and stats was a wonderful way to give yourself more customization and options. In past games, you were restricted to three or four Keyblades if you wanted to be able to stand a chance against powerful enemies. In Re:Coded, almost every Keyblade had its own perks that made it useful, and I hope they use this system in the future.
My thoughts exactly! I do hope Nomura chooses to include aspects introduced in Re:coded like leveling up Keychains or being able to replay world stories at your current level and at any point in the game.

SuperJedi224

...or allowing for two keychains to be used at once for specific Keyblades (Oathkeeper+Oblivion anyone?).
Excellent idea.

Decisive Pumpkin + Hidden Dragon= Firey Night
+6 attack +2 magic Fire Boost MP Rage
Hero's Crest + Decisive Pumpkin = Halloween's Hero
+8 attack +0 Magic Combo Plus Combo Boost

IAMSORA

i want sora and riku to receive keyblades that "compliment" each other. love the heavens light, hellfire thing. perfect

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Pixel Pet: the end result of using a tamagotchi as the keychain. Its a keyblade that cries if you don't feed it.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It was like that in KH2 as well. Probably will end up being exclusive to that world in 3D.

JustSnilloc

I want this guy to do the Keyblades for SE from now on... He's on GFAQ's

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Damn. Luxord keyblade would be mine to use ;D We touch on quite a few of the changing keyblades in the Drive Forms thread. One idea was if they reimplimented drive forms as skill trees, they could branch off into sub forms. So with each branch off, your keyblade retains its name, but recieves some sort of visual match to whatever drive branch you choose as you progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back