• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WAAAIT! Seven Keyholes of Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

If you wanted to be suprised man then you shouldnt even be on the site lol, but the always reveal the worlds, its a way to attract people to the game

Ah, but there's no other way to funnel my anticipation

I just wish I could go back to the mystery of the original Kingdom Hearts. I remember seeing Halloweentown for the first time and not even knowing what it was. That was back in the days when Agrabah was still exciting : P

I just want one or two surprise worlds

Ah well

Edit: Crazy Mario, cool. The way everything's spread out it looks like the Disney worlds will actually be very relevant to what's happening in the main story, similar to the original. Great!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I REALLY doubt TWTNW will be the last world. First, every main KH final world uses a final world not used before. Secondly, KH trailers do not show footage of final worlds, an if they do, it's probably just quote from one of its cutscenes. Square NEVER uses the amount of footage they used for TWTNW in the special trailer for the final world. Lastly, I imagine this to be the second final world like how Hollow Bastion was to EotW.

Days and KH2 both used TWTNW.
CoM and Coded both used CO.
So, really, any of the worlds are possible for 3D. Introducing another original world at this point in the saga would be pointless anyways.

Yeah I don't really understand the significance of 7 keyholes

It implies that there are only 7 worlds in the RoS, but that just sounds like way too little

I'm thinking there's something more to the keyholes

Also, which world was it in the very first scene of the special trailer where Sora talks to YMX? He seals a keyhole in that one. It looks similar to Land of Departure. Maybe it's just a church in the cita de cloches though (I hate having to figure out how to type that world's name)

We have 6 worlds officially announced. Then there's TWTNW and the tutorial world where Sora and Riku are in their KH1 clothes. So, that's 8 worlds in the RoS we know we'll be in. Then we have pictures of the Chamber of Waking where Ven is, so CO/LoD could show up.

There are only 7 Keyholes of Sleep, but there are more than 7 worlds in the RoS.

DropDistance

In KH 2 you went through each world twice, and each world took up aobut an hour each playthrough, so 2 hours per world, plus cutscnes, is enough time atleast 30 hours.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Days and KH2 both used TWTNW.
CoM and Coded both used CO.
So, really, any of the worlds are possible for 3D. Introducing another original world at this point in the saga would be pointless anyways.

We have 6 worlds officially announced. Then there's TWTNW and the tutorial world where Sora and Riku are in their KH1 clothes. So, that's 8 worlds in the RoS we know we'll be in. Then we have pictures of the Chamber of Waking where Ven is, so CO/LoD could show up.

There are only 7 Keyholes of Sleep, but there are more than 7 worlds in the RoS.
I said MAIN games such as KH1, KH2, and BbS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Then we have pictures of the Chamber of Waking where Ven is, so CO/LoD could show up.

Excuse me, but when did we ever see Castle Oblivion or the CoW in DDD-Material? Have I missed something?

Exactly, because the worlds that, according to Nomura, show events "in a dream of the world of the past” won't be brought back to the RoL since their present counterparts are already there.

Crazy Mario

Excuse me, but when did we ever see Castle Oblivion or the CoW in DDD-Material? Have I missed something?

Exactly, because the worlds that, according to Nomura, show events "in a dream of the world of the past” won't be brought back to the RoL since their present counterparts are already there.
He said that? Where? It's not that I don't believe you, in fact, I theorized the sam thing. But I don't remember him ever saying that specific quote, just that some worlds take place in the past.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
He said that? Where? It's not that I don't believe you, in fact, I theorized the sam thing. But I don't remember him ever saying that specific quote, just that some worlds take place in the past.

I theorized that, Nomura never said anything about "present counterparts".

Nomura said this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

(That was me remembering Zero Points as the JF trailer. My mistake.)

I said MAIN games such as KH1, KH2, and BbS.

Okay. Doesn't change the fact that introducing a new original world would be pointless this far into the saga.

Crazy Mario

(That was me remembering Zero Points as the JF trailer. My mistake.)

Okay. Doesn't change the fact that introducing a new original world would be pointless this far into the saga.
Unless its the Realm of Darkness so they can get a head start on rescuing Aqua.

I theorized that, Nomura never said anything about "present counterparts".

Nomura said this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Oh, okay. But I think they could get revived in some way. Maybe the Symphony of Sorcery was engulfed by darkness and Sora only saved Mysterious Tower in KH1. But since it's a dream world, the world's heart dream of itself when it was complete which is why Mysterious Tower is there. As for Country of the Musketeers, I speculate that SDG's meddling in TImeless River probably erased it from the timeline or something. Now, Sora and Riku have to bring back these lost sections of time and space. I don't think it's as simple as "they're here because they're from the past" because that means anything could go to the Realm of Sleep. But that's just my thoughts on the subject.

Grey

Birth By Sleep: "We only get to spend like 5 minutes in each world!"

KH3D: "Aww man I have to spend 20 minutes in each world?!?"

We are some fans.

Fixed this.

That doesn't mean we'll only go to seven worlds, but I definitely agree this could be a quality over quantity thing. I'd rather visit less worlds and have a more cohesive story and large areas rather than many worlds and flat worlds with a disconnected story.

Agreed.

Master Spockanort said:
Somehow I want to say that Traverse Town doesn't count, but it might end up that way.

Traverse Town
La Cité des Cloches
Prankster's Paradise
Country of the Musketeers
Symphony of Sorcery
The Grid

That's six confirmed worlds plus we know we'll be in the World that Never Was, we'll see scenes from Destiny Islands (almost certain it's our tutorial world for basic gameplay mechanics), Radiant Garden

When did we see Radiant Garden?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
When did we see Radiant Garden?

Jump Festa Trailer, when Lea talked with Ienzo and Aeleus.

Also the Special Trailer after Lea has that vision/dream of Roxas saying "got it memorized" to him he awakens in the Radiant Garden computer room and notices his cheek tattoos are gone.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Seven world's isn't too bad. Also the game's graphics are really advanced so they only have so much space to work with.

Doesn't really have much to do with it.

Awards
Aww, I was expecting some theory about the relation between the Seven Keyholes and the Seven Princess of Heart. XD

Seven world's isn't too bad. Also the game's graphics are really advanced{/B] so they only have so much space to work with.

Lol.
The graphics are on par with BBS, which are noticeably polygonal compared to KH2's. "Really advanced" is a bit of a stretch.

As for Country of the Musketeers, I speculate that SDG's meddling in TImeless River probably erased it from the timeline or something. Now, Sora and Riku have to bring back these lost sections of time and space. I don't think it's as simple as "they're here because they're from the past" because that means anything could go to the Realm of Sleep. But that's just my thoughts on the subject.

That's...actually a pretty good theory.

Speaking of "worlds in the past", I feel that the events of Prankster's Paradise are also set in the past, shortly before the world is destroyed by the Heartless. That's the only explanation I can find for Jiminy's memory loss, Pinocchio still as a puppet, and Gepetto inside Monstro again.

~~~

As for the finalie world, I agree that just TWTNW would feel redundant. It'd make more sense for it to be some dark, dreamy mish-mash. Like EoTW, but with Dream Eater designs and such.

Or maybe a nightmare world consisting of various assaults by the Xehanorts. I guess TWTNW and similar places could fit in there without being redundant, but as a section of the larger nightmare, similar to EoTW's World Terminus.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Lol.
The graphics are on par with BBS, which are noticeably polygonal compared to KH2's. "Really advanced" is a bit of a stretch.

I think he meant for 3DS :p Which is pretty true, its one of the best looking games for the system. Though I do agree, that has nothing to do with the quantity of worlds.

Awards
As long as the story's good and the gameplay's fun, there don't need to be a ton of worlds in my opinion. :d It looks like they'll be a lot going on, after all, and I'd rather not have a ton of Disney Worlds but have none of them have anything to do with the story or be very fun.

Crazy Mario

Aww, I was expecting some theory about the relation between the Seven Keyholes and the Seven Princess of Heart. XD

Lol.

That's...actually a pretty good theory.

Speaking of "worlds in the past", I feel that the events of Prankster's Paradise are also set in the past, shortly before the world is destroyed by the Heartless. That's the only explanation I can find for Jiminy's memory loss, Pinocchio still as a puppet, and Gepetto inside Monstro again.

~~~

As for the finalie world, I agree that just TWTNW would feel redundant. It'd make more sense for it to be some dark, dreamy mish-mash. Like EoTW, but with Dream Eater designs and such.

Or maybe a nightmare world consisting of various assaults by the Xehanorts. I guess TWTNW and similar places could fit in there without being redundant, but as a section of the larger nightmare, similar to EoTW's World Terminus.
I imagine that's because the world's heart is dreaming of when it was awake, which had Jiminy there and and nobody met Sora yet.

Mr Yippie

yeah im gonna be pissed if the most dangerous domain in the ROS and home of the dream eaters is something as monotone as nobody land

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
Lol.

Actually they are using BBS'S Engine for 3DS. As in the "Really advanced" part we are talking about a DS game not a PS2, so compared to other games on it's platform it is pretty advanced. Also i wasn't saying that the graphics take up the entire project, look at the big picture they are working on a DS Cartridge so they cant put as much stuff in it as other games such as BBS and KH2. For example a standard DS game can hold about 1 Gb, PS2 about 5GB, and a PSP around 2GB. So the size varies which affects gameplay. Now would you rather have a game like BBS? Where they have a bunch of worlds, but they are kind of empty and you don't spend much time in them. Or have a game where there is a decent amount of worlds with much more depth and time in them? Quality over quantity.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Actually they are using BBS'S Engine for 3DS. As in the "Really advanced" part we are talking about a DS game not a PS2, so compared to other games on it's platform it is pretty advanced. Also i wasn't saying that the graphics take up the entire project, look at the big picture they are working on a DS Cartridge so they cant put as much stuff in it as other games such as BBS and KH2. For example a standard DS game can hold about 1 Gb, PS2 about 5GB, and a PSP around 2GB. So the size varies which affects gameplay. Now would you rather have a game like BBS? Where they have a bunch of worlds, but they are kind of empty and you don't spend much time in them. Or have a game where there is a decent amount of worlds with much more depth and time in them? Quality over quantity.

3DS carts =/= DS carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back