• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Evolution In Hinduism?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
A while ago I (as a Hindu) came across the fact that evolution can be seen in the avatars of Lord Vishnu.

From Wikipedia:
Daśāvatāras and evolution
British geneticist and evolutionary biologist, J B S Haldane, observed that the Dasavataras (ten principal avatars of Lord Vishnu) are a true sequential depiction of the great unfolding of evolution. The avatars of Vishnu show an uncanny similarity to the biological theory of evolution of life on earth.
Matsya. First avatar is a fish, one which is creature living in water. If we compare it with biological evolution on different Geological Time Scale first developed life was also in the form of fish which originated during Cambrian period.

Kurma Second avatar was in the form of Tortoise (reptiles). In geology also first reptiles comes as second important evolution which originated in Mississippian period just after Amphibians.

Varaha Third avatar was in the form of Boar. Evolution of the amphibian to the land animal.

Narasimha The Man-Lion (Nara= man, simha=lion) was the fourth avatar. But in geology no such evidences are mentioned. It may have been related with Ape Man The term may sometimes refer to extinct early human ancestors, such as the undiscovered missing link between apes and humans.

Vamana Fifth Avatar is the dwarf man. It may be related with the first man originated during Pliocene. It may be related with Neanderthals. Neanderthals were generally only 12 to 14 cm (4½–5½ in) shorter than modern humans, contrary to a common view of them as "very short" or "just over 5 feet".

Parashurama, The man with an axe was the sixth avatar. It has the similarities with the first modern man originated during the Quaternary period or the man of Iron Age.

So what do you all think? Coincidence? How would ancient Hindus have figured out such a thing? Thoughts?

PS. This isn't about 'the gods of Hinduism being real', quite the opposite actually. In my opinion most stories in Hinduism are meant to be metaphors and this shows it. Anyways that's irrelevant.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That's pretty cool. Islam has a similar verse of interest that Adam (pbuh) was not created in not only different stages but different forms as well. If I can ask, do you know what the state of affairs were like in the time this book originated?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Evolution isn't as contradictory to an idea of God as many suspect, it is very possible for the concept of evolution to be apart of creation-even makes sense. Not to say some parts of modern evolution theory can't be disputed. It's pretty safe to say that we(us humanoid) were without a doubt created.

It's very possible that they could have known this. Time after time, ancient cultures amaze us with the knowledge that they had.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
A while ago I (as a Hindu) came across the fact that evolution can be seen in the avatars of Lord Vishnu.

From Wikipedia:

So what do you all think? Coincidence? How would ancient Hindus have figured out such a thing? Thoughts?

PS. This isn't about 'the gods of Hinduism being real', quite the opposite actually. In my opinion most stories in Hinduism are meant to be metaphors and this shows it. Anyways that's irrelevant.
Although this is interesting, the question is though, when this information came to be, as Hindu pundits and scholars do agree that it is pretty much impossible to know when and to whom the scriptures were revealed. So you know, Im just saying, don't mean to offend or anything.brother :/ hope I haven't, bt its difficult then to know the validity of this.

That's pretty cool. Islam has a similar verse of interest that Adam (pbuh) was not created in not only different stages but different forms as well. If I can ask, do you know what the state of affairs were like in the time this book originated?

Hm, are you sure bro? I haven't come across that before in my research. I may have overlooked It, maybe you can clarify further? As far as I know, he was created in the form of a man, shaped by Allah and died in that same image. I mean I do know that he went through different stages and during them he was in various forms of.the process ie as a hollow clay e.t.c. is that what you meant?

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
And He has created you in different stages and different forms (71:15)
Aha, now I see what you mean, but I think you misunderstood it there bro :/ those forms refers to the embryonic stages which Allah emphasises in many chapters. The nutfah (a drop), alaqah (clinging form), mudghah (chewed-like form), izam (skeleton, bones), lahm*(muscles, flesh)* and nash’ah (growth, development, initiation).

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
@Solar"If I can ask, do you know what the state of affairs were like in the time this book originated?"

Sorry I don't know. Like I said I stumbled across this so to be honest I don't know much about it.

@Nelo Angelo "Although this is interesting, the question is though, when this information came to be, as Hindu pundits and scholars do agree that it is pretty much impossible to know when and to whom the scriptures were revealed. So you know, Im just saying, don't mean to offend or anything.brother :/ hope I haven't, bt its difficult then to know the validity of this."

Validity meaning what exactly? Its age? Whether it was 'revealed' to Hindus?

Oh and no offense was taken :)

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Aha, now I see what you mean, but I think you misunderstood it there bro :/ those forms refers to the embryonic stages which Allah emphasises in many chapters. The nutfah (a drop), alaqah (clinging form), mudghah (chewed-like form), izam (skeleton, bones), lahm*(muscles, flesh)* and nash’ah (growth, development, initiation).

Sorry, yeah, I was referring to something else: I PM'd you about it.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
@Nelo Angelo "Although this is interesting, the question is though, when this information came to be, as Hindu pundits and scholars do agree that it is pretty much impossible to know when and to whom the scriptures were revealed. So you know, Im just saying, don't mean to offend or anything.brother :/ hope I haven't, bt its difficult then to know the validity of this."

Validity meaning what exactly? Its age? Whether it was 'revealed' to Hindus?

Oh and no offense was taken :)

Yeah. I just mean, the most ancient scripture and regarded as highest in authority is the Veda's which are given as an approximate age of over 3000 years (1500 -1000 BC) transmitted orally, and not written. However this is a terminus post quem and terminus ante quem, (the earliest to latest times it may have happened) And when exactly it was written is not known exactly as the written texts are said to have come into existence around 1000CE with the ealriest preserved literature is from the 11th century. So you know, it just raises question on validity. How vaild can the information we have now be.

I do actually believe that there are many truths in the Hindu scriptures, some being divine message, as there are stark similarities to the teachings of Islam. And the Qur'an mentions that many scriptures were sent to different nations of the world through various Messengers (Rishi's). Some Rishis' could have been sent to the nations that now live in the Indo-Pak regions. But when and who we don't know. The Qur'an teaches to discuss the commanilities between the faiths to find the message that was brought.

Sorry, yeah, I was referring to something else: I PM'd you about it.

All cool bruv ;-)

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I do actually believe that there are many truths in the Hindu scriptures, some being divine message, as there are stark similarities to the teachings of Islam. And the Qur'an mentions that many scriptures were sent to different nations of the world through various Messengers (Rishi's). Some Rishis' could have been sent to the nations that now live in the Indo-Pak regions. But when and who we don't know. The Qur'an teaches to discuss the commanilities between the faiths to find the message that was brought.
For sure, they did reveal the chakra system to us more in depth than any other region/group, we can even find other teachings thru out the world that refer and concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back