• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Based on Xehanort's plan...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Based on what we know from 3D, can it be assumed that Xemnas was looking for the chamber in castle oblivion to make Ven another xehanort? Considering the fact that a comatose vessel couldn't really resist the process?

Dragonsblight

I believe not. Ven has a heart of pure light, and as such his heart cannot be stained by xehanorts darkness. I blieve that Xemnas was seeking the room of waking to awaken all of his memories and all that the Terra part of Xemnas was seeking out his friend ven.

Xammag

I believe not. Ven has a heart of pure light, and as such his heart cannot be stained by xehanorts darkness. I blieve that Xemnas was seeking the room of waking to awaken all of his memories and all that the Terra part of Xemnas was seeking out his friend ven.

I'm not sure is Ven's heart is still pure light, but it's definitely way too much light to Nort him. Also, MX seemed convinced he was foolish when he tried to bring the X-blade through Ven and Vanitas, but I guess that doesn't mean Xemnas couldn't try. I think it's a possibility, but I'm interested in why Xemnas was talking to Aqua's armor.

Dragonsblight

I'm not sure is Ven's heart is still pure light, but it's definitely way too much light to Nort him. Also, MX seemed convinced he was foolish when he tried to bring the X-blade through Ven and Vanitas, but I guess that doesn't mean Xemnas couldn't try. I think it's a possibility, but I'm interested in why Xemnas was talking to Aqua's armor.

Well seen as Xemnas called the armor "friend" I would say that it was just part of terra in Xemnas longing for his long lost friend.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Would if....Xemnas was trying to merge Vanitas and Ven? *mind blown*

Of course! MX tells Mickey that fusing Vanitas and Ventus to make the X-Blade was an overly hasty plan that ended in failure. But MX must have said that to trick Mickey, and the real fake plan is gathering the XIII Darknesses as a decoy to get Ventus and Vanitas to fuse again.

Oh wait...no that SUCKS!! XD

Absolute

You know, for something introduced back in KHII FM, I'm completely surprised that after all these games we still barely know anything about the Xemnas version of the room.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I always thought he was looking for Ven so he could get him back. I think it also explains the part in the final battle where he asked Sora, "Can you spare a heart?"

Absolute

I always thought he was looking for Ven so he could get him back. I think it also explains the part in the final battle where he asked Sora, "Can you spare a heart?"

Some argue that was terra's motivation to save his friend but it got horribly corrupted by MX.

Noble: 'I'm going to save ven!'

Crazy: 'By blowing up the universe!'

We don't know exactly why he's searching for that room, or how he even knows Ven is in there. Didn't Nomura say that 3D would better explain how Apprentice Xehanort was split into Ansem and Xemnas and who got what?

Seighart

Awards
Of course! MX tells Mickey that fusing Vanitas and Ventus to make the X-Blade was an overly hasty plan that ended in failure. But MX must have said that to trick Mickey, and the real fake plan is gathering the XIII Darknesses as a decoy to get Ventus and Vanitas to fuse again.

Oh wait...no that SUCKS!! XD

lmfao maybe it will work a second time!

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
The introduction of the XIII Darknesses in DDD really blew up the whole prospect of him looking for Ven as part of the X-Blade which was originally suspected. I'm gonna go and assume that he was probably looking for Ven so he could revive Vanitas again somehow, unless Vanitas is back via the time travel. After all, we only saw Vanitas beside YX, we don't know if he's back for certain.

Seighart

Awards
The introduction of the XIII Darknesses in DDD really blew up the whole prospect of him looking for Ven as part of the X-Blade which was originally suspected. I'm gonna go and assume that he was probably looking for Ven so he could revive Vanitas again somehow, unless Vanitas is back via the time travel. After all, we only saw Vanitas beside YX, we don't know if he's back for certain.

Wishful thinking: Vanitas somehow influenced YMX and they have a plan of their own.Srs Thinking: I believe Vanitas is to YMX as Riku is to Ansem SoD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ven's heart is within Sora so even if Xemnas had found the chamber of Waking he would not have access to his heart anyways.
Since Ven's body is practically "uninhabited" at the moment though it could have been possible to plant a "Xehanort-Seed" inside it.
Still, it wouldn't have done Xehanort any good since Ven's body is comatose and unable to wake up.
In the end of DDD we also see that Ven's heart, despite being inside Sora, has still some connection/slight control over its body since after Sora finds all the Dream Eaters and is happy again we see Ventus' body smiling slightly inside Castle Oblivion, which most likely translates to Ven's heart being happy and relieved that in the end everything went well and that he himself could lend Sora a hand and help him out for a change with the armor.
I've already seen people underestimating this, but Ven lending his armor to Sora did actually have positive effect and helped Riku saving Sora in the end as the darkness corrupted the armor instead of Sora himself, buying some time which Riku then could use to good measure.

Well seen as Xemnas called the armor "friend" I would say that it was just part of terra in Xemnas longing for his long lost friend.

That discussion is very old already though and we certainly still don't know if Xemnas has anything more than just some memories of Terra (which is confirmed) influencing his actions. Considering the new stuff we learned in DDD and that he's alongside Xigbar practically the biggest asshole in the whole Organisation (I don't need to summarize his actions and acrocities from Days and KH2, right?) I would actually strongly doubt there is really much "Terra" in him at all.
Xemnas can't "long" for any friendship because he doesn't even know what that is. He said himself to Sora in KH2 that he doesn't remember any feelings beyond hate and rage.
Not to mention Riku in DDD alluding to Ansem SoD reminding him of some distant promise he made long ago.

You know, for something introduced back in KHII FM, I'm completely surprised that after all these games we still barely know anything about the Xemnas version of the room.
To be frank, we actually know little about the functionality of both chambers. We essentially only know what each chamber holds (CoW: Ven's body and soul, CoR: Aqua's armor) but nothing further than that.

Like said, it's all speculation and DDD didn't give us any new information to work with on that.
The only things we know is that 1st Xemnas was frantically searching for Ventus, bordering on obsession and 2nd that neither he nor any other Org member ever found the chamber were Ven is.
The "why" and what Xemnas actually planned to do if he got his hands on Ven is still obscured, and I dare to say that this was Nomura's intention after looking at the July 2011-Famitsu-interview again:
Nomura in July 2011 Famitsu said:
- Many fans brought up the “data concealed within Sora.”
Nomura: That’s what Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance deals with. The other mysteries will be something to deal with another time.

Some argue that was terra's motivation to save his friend but it got horribly corrupted by MX.

Noble: 'I'm going to save ven!'

Crazy: 'By blowing up the universe!'

We don't know exactly why he's searching for that room, or how he even knows Ven is in there. Didn't Nomura say that 3D would better explain how Apprentice Xehanort was split into Ansem and Xemnas and who got what?

It can't be Terra's "motivation" as that would imply that Xemnas has Terra's mind, which is obviously not the case.
Xemnas may get the obsession to find Ventus from some of Terra's memories he has, but that doesn't say anything about Xemnas' own intentions at all.

Exactly, and since DDD didn't give us any further info (except that Ven's body is still in there meaning no one found him yet!) it's probably going to cycle around the same arguments again if we continue the debate.
Nomura didn't specify that it would be DDD which does this:
KH BBS Ultimania said:
-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?
Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.

-- Is that to say that there's a possibility that within Xehanort's Heartless, the darkness that sleeps in Riku's heart, there might remain something of Terra...?
Nomura: That's also a riddle connected to the next story,* so everyone please use your imagination.

I don't see why it would really blow directly the whole concept, as Ventus still IS a part of the X-blade as he's one of the seven lights.
Xehanort was hasty and though that ONE pure light and ONE darkness would be enough to complete the X-blade and made an error on that, but it doesn't make Ventus suddenly not a part of the X-blade anymore.
The only difference is that Ven is now not one of two parts for the weapon (the wrong, substitute method Xehanort used in his haste), but one of twenty parts (13 dark and 7 light).

To "revive" Vanitas Xehanort would not need Ventus. Ventus destroyed Vanitas at the end of BBS and broke the forced fusion between them together with the incomplete X-blade, so Vanitas's heart was most likely shattered just like Ven's and went to sleep as well.
Vanitas already had the golden Xehanort-eyes so chances are high that he already was a seed and Xehanort just needed to find him in the Realm of Sleep.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't see why it would really blow directly the whole concept, as Ventus still IS a part of the X-blade as he's one of the seven lights.
Xehanort was hasty and though that ONE pure light and ONE darkness would be enough to complete the X-blade and made an error on that, but it doesn't make Ventus suddenly not a part of the X-blade anymore.
The only difference is that Ven is now not one of two parts for the weapon (the wrong, substitute method Xehanort used in his haste), but one of twenty parts (13 dark and 7 light).

To "revive" Vanitas Xehanort would not need Ventus. Ventus destroyed Vanitas at the end of BBS and broke the forced fusion between them together with the incomplete X-blade, so Vanitas's heart was most likely shattered just like Ven's and went to sleep as well.
Vanitas already had the golden Xehanort-eyes so chances are high that he already was a seed and Xehanort just needed to find him in the Realm of Sleep.

I could be totally wrong but aren't the 7 lights meant to represent the 7 Princesses? Or was he just getting them out of the way to uneven the balance of light and darkness?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I could be totally wrong but aren't the 7 lights meant to represent the 7 Princesses? Or was he just getting them out of the way to uneven the balance of light and darkness?

No, the seven hearts of pure light and the seven lights of the X-blade are two different things.

Yen Sid explains it in the DDD secret ending.
Before the Keyblade War the seven hearts of pure light (the Princesses) didn't even exist.
There was one giant world with the true KH at its center and the X-blade (its "twin") as its counterpart and means to control it.

When the Keyblade War came the universe was destroyed and the X-blade shattered into twenty pieces, 13 dark and 7 light. According to what we know, Ventus is one of those 7.

The true Kingdom Hearts however was swallowed by the immense darkness brought forth by the Keyblade War which also destroyed the universe.
However, some pure light remained inside the hearts of some children and they used it to slowly rebuild the universe to the state its currently in the present time of the KH series.
All this happened several ten thousand years ago and according to Yen Sid this remaining light of the children eventually condensed into the seven hearts of pure light which serve as a substitute to the lost true Kingdom Hearts and hold the universe together.

So if the seven Princesses would disappear darkness would engulf the universe again. The seven lights that were split away from the shattered X-blade are tasked with preventing just that.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

No, the 7 princesses of heart hold the 7 hearts of pure light. After the Keyblade War the worlds were consumed by darkness, the light in the hearts of children rebuilt the worlds into what the KH universe is today. The light in the hearts of those children eventually formed into the 7 hearts of pure light which now reside in the princesses of heart. In other words the hearts of the princesses are the origin of the modern KH universe. The 7 hearts of pure light are what banished the darkness and created the door to darkness to protect the realm of light (The darkness they banished became the realm of darkness) which is why the princesses must be gathered to open the door to darkness.

After MX failed in BBS to forge the true X-Blade, his back up plan went into motion. XH's job was to use Maleficent to gather the Princesses of Heart and open the Door to Darkness and flood the realm of light with darkness, thus greatly weakening the realm of light. Meanwhile Xemnas was to use the first Organization XIII to create the XIII Darknesses. Xemnas knew his plan might fail, which is why XH went back in time and gave Young Xehanort the mission to travel through time to gather different versions of Xehanort to complete the XIII Darknesses in case Organization XIII was a failure.

If XH had suceeded in weakening the realm of light, then the XIII Darknesses would clash with the 7 gurdians of light to forge a true X-Blade and restart the Keyblade War and summon the true Kingdom Hearts.

Xehanort needs XIII Darknesses and 7 guardians of light because by doing so he is replicating the shattered pieces of the the original X-Blade in the Keyblade War (since it was shattered into 13 darknesses and 7 lights) and thus by replicating this he can forge a true X-Blade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 7 lights needed for the X-Blade are not the princesses. The 7 lights are guardians of the princesses because since XH failed in KH1, this means MX and the other Xehanorts will be seeking out the princesses in order to weaken the realm of light before they forge the X-Blade. Which means we will probably see the princesses being gathered by the 7 guardians of light so they can be protected from Xehanort in KH3.

Besides the time travel twist (Which I still wish they wouldn't have used) I think Nomura tied all the games together nicely, it shows the plots of KH1 and KH2 were part of MX's back up plan instead of XH and Xemnas acting soley on their own.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
No, the 7 princesses of heart hold the 7 hearts of pure light. After the Keyblade War the worlds were consumed by darkness, the light in the hearts of children rebuilt the worlds into what the KH universe is today. The light in the hearts of those children eventually formed into the 7 hearts of pure light which now reside in the princesses of heart. In other words the hearts of the princesses are the origin of the modern KH universe. The 7 hearts of pure light are what banished the darkness and created the door to darkness to protect the realm of light (The darkness they banished became the realm of darkness) which is why the princesses must be gathered to open the door to darkness.

After MX failed in BBS to forge the true X-Blade, his back up plan went into motion. XH's job was to use Maleficent to gather the Princesses of Heart and open the Door to Darkness and flood the realm of light with darkness, thus greatly weakening the realm of light. Meanwhile Xemnas was to use the first Organization XIII to create the XIII Darknesses. Xemnas knew his plan might fail, which is why XH went back in time and gave Young Xehanort the mission to travel through time to gather different versions of Xehanort to complete the XIII Darknesses in case Organization XIII was a failure.

If XH had suceeded in weakening the realm of light, then the XIII Darknesses would clash with the 7 gurdians of light to forge a true X-Blade and restart the Keyblade War and summon the true Kingdom Hearts.

Xehanort needs XIII Darknesses and 7 guardians of light because by doing so he is replicating the shattered pieces of the the original X-Blade in the Keyblade War (since it was shattered into 13 darknesses and 7 lights) and thus by replicating this he can forge a true X-Blade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 7 lights needed for the X-Blade are not the princesses. The 7 lights are guardians of the princesses because since XH failed in KH1, this means MX and the other Xehanorts will be seeking out the princesses in order to weaken the realm of light before they forge the X-Blade. Which means we will probably see the princesses being gathered by the 7 guardians of light so they can be protected from Xehanort in KH3.

Besides the time travel twist (Which I still wish they wouldn't have used) I think Nomura tied all the games together nicely, it shows the plots of KH1 and KH2 were part of MX's back up plan instead of XH and Xemnas acting soley on their own.

Great, thanks for the clear up! I think it'll be great to see the Princesses again seeing as they played a massive role in KH1 and most were only referenced by name in KH2 or hadn't done much in their world like Jasmine and Ariel. I wonder if Alice will be in the game or will they replace her with someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back