• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Play Arts and Formation Arts Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No, you're not dreaming at all! Thanks to ArikaMiz, it appears to Kuma's Mad Dog Blog has just confirmed that Play Arts and Formation Arts for Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] are indeed in the planning stages!

Ikkin

Bronze Member
What the heck. Where are my Birth by Sleep Play Arts, Squenix? I'd buy ten thousand Terras and Aquas before I'd get an outfit change for KH1 Sora and Riku. =/

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Uh yeah, I want to see my play arts Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Vanitas, Master Eraqus, and Master Xehanort. Oh and play arts Terranort.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Can't wait to see how they look like. I'm thinking one of the formation arts will feature TWEWY characters.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
As awesome as this is, I was hoping for BBS ones first. I assume they picked this because all they have to do is change their outfits :p Well, I suppose they will need to change Riku's hair too...

If they put Wandanyan in it somehow or any of the other Dream Eaters then it is definitely a day one I need this in my life :p Otherwise I will just get them eventually.

I want Riku's more than Sora because his DDD outfit is amazing and I only have one Play Arts of him, and I have all the Sora ones plus the special Wisdom Form one, which is like already too much :p

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
^Asking a bit too much. Can't wait to see The DDD Play arts

Yeah maybe so, but atleast give me my Terranort. Oh and I wouldn't mind an X-Blade with one of the figures. Speaking of which they should make an X-Blade charm.

I want Lea with his Cave Johnson.

XD I see what you did there.

I wouldn't mind seeing unhooded mysterious figure (No folks not a spoiler, we've known who mysterious figure was since Nomura confirmed it back in January before KH3D was even close to release.)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah maybe so, but atleast give me my Terranort. Oh and I wouldn't mind an X-Blade with one of the figures. Speaking of which they should make an X-Blade charm.

XD I see what you did there.

I wouldn't mind seeing unhooded mysterious figure (No folks not a spoiler, we've known who mysterious figure was since Nomura confirmed it back in January before KH3D was even close to release.)

I really hope we get YMX/Mysterious Figure or something like that too :/ Basically I am hoping its not just Sora and Riku...

Edit: I just realized one of the formation arts will probably feature some Dream Eaters at least! Okay, I am genuinely excited now :p

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I really do not know how to feel about this...they completely skipped over Days, BbS, and Coded...

I'm trying not to sound ungrateful, but no matter how I type it out, it comes across that way :(

By going from KH2 to DDD in BOTH Play and Formation Arts, are they completely ignoring BbS? I can understand not making Days or Coded related stuff (the only new character in those games who might even get close to getting a figure would be Xion, and even then that would be debatable). However, when it comes to BbS, I cannot see them ignoring Ventus, Terra, or Aqua.

- Ventus is just as redressed Roxas figure if all they care about it being lazy
- Terra would be new, but what is the harm?
- Aqua is an extremely popular KH character, I don't see how they cannot make one of her

BbS was highly praised by so many fans, I don't see how they can skip over it when they know that people are waiting on BbS merchandise (the few on this site cannot be alone). I have to say, that as much as I'm happy this is coming out, I'm kind of pissed if they do end up skipping BbS. The reason being, I haven't played DDD so IDK if there are any other HUGE characters coming eventually, but the only characters I think that will be turned into Play Arts figures are:

- Sora
- Riku
- Boy with white hair (if people are still in denial and that whole argument thing about his name)

They won't make an DE's, unless they include them with a character, but I'm highly skeptical on that. The only figure that has come with a companion is Jack Skellington coming with Zero, but since that was a Disney character, IDK if that was Square or Disney who wanted Zero to come with him. In general, most Play Arts figures only come with the character advertised, nobody else, so I doubt any DE will be made into a Play Arts form...

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I really do not know how to feel about this...they completely skipped over Days, BbS, and Coded...

I'm trying not to sound ungrateful, but no matter how I type it out, it comes across that way :(

By going from KH2 to DDD in BOTH Play and Formation Arts, are they completely ignoring BbS? I can understand not making Days or Coded related stuff (the only new character in those games who might even get close to getting a figure would be Xion, and even then that would be debatable). However, when it comes to BbS, I cannot see them ignoring Ventus, Terra, or Aqua.

- Ventus is just as redressed Roxas figure if all they care about it being lazy
- Terra would be new, but what is the harm?
- Aqua is an extremely popular KH character, I don't see how they cannot make one of her

BbS was highly praised by so many fans, I don't see how they can skip over it when they know that people are waiting on BbS merchandise (the few on this site cannot be alone). I have to say, that as much as I'm happy this is coming out, I'm kind of pissed if they do end up skipping BbS. The reason being, I haven't played DDD so IDK if there are any other HUGE characters coming eventually, but the only characters I think that will be turned into Play Arts figures are:

- Sora
- Riku
- Boy with white hair (if people are still in denial and that whole argument thing about his name)

They won't make an DE's, unless they include them with a character, but I'm highly skeptical on that. The only figure that has come with a companion is Jack Skellington coming with Zero, but since that was a Disney character, IDK if that was Square or Disney who wanted Zero to come with him. In general, most Play Arts figures only come with the character advertised, nobody else, so I doubt any DE will be made into a Play Arts form...

I'm hoping one of the Formation Arts will still have some Dream Eaters featured. I can imagine them in like an adorable little pile or something :p

But I know what you mean, I hope to god they aren't completely skipping BBS merchandise, and just went to this one first because they have more bases for them. I really want an Aqua figure :( Then again, Donald and Goofy have been important characters for like 10 years and they still haven't gotten figures. Yet they did Jack Skellington? That never made sense to me either...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
But I know what you mean, I hope to god they aren't completely skipping BBS merchandise, and just went to this one first because they have more bases for them. I really want an Aqua figure :( Then again, Donald and Goofy have been important characters for like 10 years and they still haven't gotten figures. Yet they did Jack Skellington? That never made sense to me either...

I've always wondered why Donald and Goofy were never made, and it might have something to do with Disney. I can see Disney being skeptical on having them make figures of a lot of Disney characters as they might not want SE making that many Disney icons as figures. However, the BbS cast is completely original and Disney has little affiliation to them, so I can't see anyone minding SE making the BbS cast into figures...

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I've always wondered why Donald and Goofy were never made, and it might have something to do with Disney. I can see Disney being skeptical on having them make figures of a lot of Disney characters as they might not want SE making that many Disney icons as figures. However, the BbS cast is completely original and Disney has little affiliation to them, so I can't see anyone minding SE making the BbS cast into figures...

There almost as many Mickey Play Arts as there are Riku Play Arts.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There are more Mickey ones actually :p There is still only 1 Play Arts of Riku (until these come out anyway) but there are 2 of Mickey.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's one of the things I never understood with the KH 2 Play Arts. They brought out an Axel-figure but not a figure of KH2 Riku or Naminé despite them being way more important characters than Axel.

In all honesty, since I already own five Play Arts figures (Sephiroth, Lightning, Hope, Wisdom Form Sora and Roxas) I would give much to finally get figures of Terra, Aqua and Ven and maybe even Master Xehanort.
It's certainly strange they seem to forego BBS in the figure lines but if there are figures of Riku and Young Xehanort in the DDD line it might be worth to get them.
I don't get however why there should be a Sora figure again...there exist already more than seven different Play Arts figures of Sora while some other important characters have none so far.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I really think atleast with the formation arts they should do a complete Organization XIII collection with all 14 members.

And come on BBS needs more attention. Terra...I want my Terra and my Terranort and my X-Blade.

Claire-Farron

Im still waiting for Naminé and Kairi in her pink dress but most especially for Aqua. I wouldnt mind it if they made a new Riku one.
I wonder if anyone of them will be twewy figures. The ones they made of Shiki and Neku couldve been made better in my opinion. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back