• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHII FM Secret Trailer Foreshadowing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnauorn

In the KHII FM Secret Trailer, where TAV confront MX and Vanitas, I just noticed something that might tie back into KH3D. When TAV first lay eyes on MX, MX creates a clone of himself that materializes into Vanitas. Do you think this particular appearance in this fashion was planned? Could this suggest that Vanitas is one of the new organization of MX clones?

Golden Yak

It was an unusual bit of weirdness, looking back.

I don't know about making Vanitas a shell, but between time travel and him appearing to Sora alongside Young Xehanort may mean we haven't seen the last of him.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I don't think we should doubt Vanitas being a Xehanort Org.13 Darkness, he very well could be. Why was Vanitas with YMX in the scene in DDD in the clock tower, "so you too have hearts other than your own"

Golden Yak

There was a Kingdom Hearts novel in Japan that apparently portrays a more sympathetic side to Vanitas that we don't get to see in the BBS games - early on in his existence, he was bereft, anguished, and despairing, having been separated from his heart. It was only over time and due to Xehanort's influence that he gradually grew more malevolent and hateful.

Exploring this side of him, perhaps as part of the process that will bring Ventus out of his slumber, may be a reason to see him return - either in KH3 as part of the XIII, or in BBS Vol. 2.

Crystal

Silver Member
^Which novel is it? Sadly, i can't understand novel which written in japanese xD
He might be related to Xehanort and could be one of the XIII Darkness.
By the way, it was still unclear where is he after being defeated by Ventus right?

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
You know it's not a bad theory..... And it would for sure make Vanitas another one of the 13 darknesses. I woud be interested to know if this really was the idea in the KH2 final mix secret ending.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think you're absolutely correct on this. I think Nomura has had this Xehanort heartcruxes stuff plannned since KH2, I think he knew what Organization XIII's true purpose would be, and I think it is very likely the secret ending of KH2 with Vanitas appearing as a sillohouette of Xehanort and then turning into Vanitas may very well have been foreshadowing of Vanitas as one of Xehanort's heartcruxes.

Plus Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless appeared beside Young Xehanort in the game just like Vanitas did, so yet another hint of him being one of the XIII Darknesses.

I'm expecting in KH3 we'll see a white haired, yellow eyed Vanitas in an orgnization coat.

Or in other words this in an orgnization coat:

vanitas_sentiment_by_paritsentiment-d3esyjc.png

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Vanitas was probably one of the first XS(Xehanort Seeds)chosen. He has the Xehanort yellow eyes, he is pure darkness, and he used to kick it all the time with MX. Vanitas was probably on the whole XS plot before Braig even.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Vanitas was probably one of the first XS(Xehanort Seeds)chosen. He has the Xehanort yellow eyes, he is pure darkness, and he used to kick it all the time with MX. Vanitas was probably on the whole XS plot before Braig even.

That is possible. Master Xehanort must have made him for the X-Blade just with ventus and then decided to also use him as another Xehanort in case the first X-blade didn't work.

Golden Yak

^Which novel is it? Sadly, i can't understand novel which written in japanese xD
He might be related to Xehanort and could be one of the XIII Darkness.
By the way, it was still unclear where is he after being defeated by Ventus right?

I haven't read them, I'm just going by the Vanitas summary on various wikis, which mentions that novels as a source. Searching around has revealed a couple of fan translations of them though.

His fate after losing to Ventus is not elaborated upon - he may have vanished, been reabsorbed causing Ven's coma, etc. Whatever his ultimate fate doesn't matter though - because time travel!

Radar

Bronze Member
I don't know about Vanitas with Silver hair, it is a good idea though. However if he is in one of the black cloaks in kh3 instead of his usual outfit, I hope he still has his black hair.

Maybe though later in the game, when Xehanort tries to put together the 13 darkness' or himself, maybe all their hair turns silver as they fuse.?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Vanitas with silver hair I don't think what look that bad, but black hair with silver/grey streaks like Braig would be legit. No overkill, just a few.

Absolute

Plus, there is that 4 years after being created that we don't know what happened. Ven needed Sora as a heart support to survive. Who is to say that MX didn't do something similar with Vanitas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back