• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview! - Future KH Announcement soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

daken

The next game will probably be on the Wii U (For HD KH games and maybe the III) and Ps3 (For HD KH Games) or the Vita (BBS V2)...

Awards
Hmmm if there are no plans for BBS vol. 2, what is the mystery game? or are they just gonna go right for KH3?

Slenix

welp. Something tells me it'll do the same thing like Metal Gear Solid. Started as a PlayStation exclusive, got HD Remakes that went cross-platform, and will have new titles on multiple consoles as well.

Remember that BBS was stalled at first for KH:Re:CoM on the PS2? Something tells me that's exactly what's happening here for remakes. At least that means there's hope we get the added Final Mix content.

MasterZeR0

To be honest, I have no clue what Nomura has in store for us. asdfghjkl; I'm going to bed, I'll check in on this crap in the morning -.- G'night all <3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nomura: That is to say the story for BBS vol. 2 exists but that story has been cut off. There is potential for a sequel to Birth by Sleep, but there are no plans for it right now.

tumblr_m39cst9gGb1r8ljxh.gif

This better be some word play, because BBSv2 was the only KH game I really wanted to happen.

Ronove

The Yet To Be Announced Game

Could it be Kingdom Hearts Three?

I mean, the interview said that it was NOT a final mix of Dream Drop Distance, and it also wasn't Birth By Sleep Two.

At the same time, the Osaka team has never made a main series game.

So what, exactly, is going on here?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Maybe it won't be called "Birth By Sleep v.2" but will follow the storyline that we expected from it with a little more? I'd really like a game where we see what Riku was up to during that time he was away.

"BbSV2" is more like a generally accepted place holder name for the Mystery Game than anything. Or at least that's how I've always used it.

What confuses is that it sounds like like there were more games than one planned after 3D so there's either ANOTHER mystery game, they're starting KH3 despite what they've said before or...it's a misunderstanding/mistranslation. Or I'm kupoing nuts. They're all legitimate possibilities.

Key Wielder

Awards
What confuses is that it sounds like like there were more games than one planned after 3D so there's either ANOTHER mystery game, they're starting KH3 despite what they've said before or...it's a misunderstanding/mistranslation. Or I'm kupoing nuts. They're all legitimate possibilities.

I thought when I first read it that BBSv2 and the mystery game weren't necessarily one and the same, so it definitely has me confused. Hopefully it gets a little clearer after we get some more information and whatever KH-related announcement is made.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what will happen next. Thank you to the staff for keeping us informed! :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: The Yet To Be Announced Game

The next game will be fortune street with Mario and kingdom hearts characters.

That's my guess on what the next game is.

I honestly wouldn't mind a party KH game or a non-canon KH game that is just for fun, like Dissidia is for Final Fantasy. I'm not saying a Dissidia Kingdom Hearts is what I want, but I wouldn't mind something like it.

Multiple titles currently in production by the Osaka team. (TWEWY pls? j/k j/k)

I'm so confused...why would he say this in a KH interview unless one of those games was somehow related to KH or DDD (TWEWY2 would count). Oh wait...this is Nomura were are talking about *laughs*

Whatever it is, I'm more than likely going to buy it... unless it's on the PS Vita, then it can go to hell. I bought a 3DS just for Dream Drop Distance but I am not doing it for the PS Vita.

Same here, I know I can say it, but if a KH game comes out for a new system, I start saving up because I know I'm going to get it.

Could it be Kingdom Hearts Three?

I mean, the interview said that it was NOT a final mix of Dream Drop Distance, and it also wasn't Birth By Sleep Two.

At the same time, the Osaka team has never made a main series game.

So what, exactly, is going on here?

I doubt it is KH3 because didn't Nomura say in that recent interview with Iwata that he had yet to start writing KH3. Maybe if it is in production, they may announce it, but it wouldn't be done for some time. If it isn't BbSv2 or a DDD Final Mix, I honestly don't know what else it could be. Considering BbSv2 looked like it was going to contain Aqua's story in the RoD, and Riku's time during KH1-KH2 (minus CoM), I'm assuming if there is a "new game" it wouldn't deal with those either.

This leads me to believe if there was going to be a new KH game, it would either be and HD collection...or...ummm....yeah.

Ronove

Re: The Yet To Be Announced Game

I honestly wouldn't mind a party KH game or a non-canon KH game that is just for fun, like Dissidia is for Final Fantasy. I'm not saying a Dissidia Kingdom Hearts is what I want, but I wouldn't mind something like it.

I'm so confused...why would he say this in a KH interview unless one of those games was somehow related to KH or DDD (TWEWY2 would count). Oh wait...this is Nomura were are talking about *laughs*

Same here, I know I can say it, but if a KH game comes out for a new system, I start saving up because I know I'm going to get it.

I doubt it is KH3 because didn't Nomura say in that recent interview with Iwata that he had yet to start writing KH3. Maybe if it is in production, they may announce it, but it wouldn't be done for some time. If it isn't BbSv2 or a DDD Final Mix, I honestly don't know what else it could be. Considering BbSv2 looked like it was going to contain Aqua's story in the RoD, and Riku's time during KH1-KH2 (minus CoM), I'm assuming if there is a "new game" it wouldn't deal with those either.

This leads me to believe if there was going to be a new KH game, it would either be and HD collection...or...ummm....yeah.

I agree with you, the issue is that Nomura explictily DENIED the game being BBS2 and being a final mix of DDD. So, perhaps an HD remix? I mean, that's hella lame but maybe that's what is going on?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So BBSV2 isn't the next game? Now i'm just confused, I thought for sure BBSV2 would cover the gaps left in the story so the whole Xehanort saga would be complete before we went into KH3 for the final battle.

Nate

New KH title announcement soon?

Please oh PLEASE be for the PS Vita.
My Vita seems so empty without a KH title for it.

Last edited:

Radar

Bronze Member
I bet Nomura cancelled the whole BBSv2 thing because he knew fans just want to get to kh3, and with another game before it, he might piss some of them off, and also probably because he wants to do kh3 so he can start focusing on the next saga.

A shame; though, I actually think a CGI like FF7:AC scenario could work, -somehow..- for bbsv2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back