• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview! - Future KH Announcement soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
In my mind there would be no point to release BBSv2 after KH3, because it seems like a better idea to release anything to do with the Xehanort saga before it wraps up in KH3. Which is why I'm hoping it's simply postponed because Osaka is busy with other titles that could be a HD KH title, and maybe even the hinted at TWEWY2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Yet To Be Announced Game

I honestly wouldn't mind a party KH game or a non-canon KH game that is just for fun, like Dissidia is for Final Fantasy. I'm not saying a Dissidia Kingdom Hearts is what I want, but I wouldn't mind something like it.

I'm so confused...why would he say this in a KH interview unless one of those games was somehow related to KH or DDD (TWEWY2 would count). Oh wait...this is Nomura were are talking about *laughs*

Same here, I know I can say it, but if a KH game comes out for a new system, I start saving up because I know I'm going to get it.

I doubt it is KH3 because didn't Nomura say in that recent interview with Iwata that he had yet to start writing KH3. Maybe if it is in production, they may announce it, but it wouldn't be done for some time. If it isn't BbSv2 or a DDD Final Mix, I honestly don't know what else it could be. Considering BbSv2 looked like it was going to contain Aqua's story in the RoD, and Riku's time during KH1-KH2 (minus CoM), I'm assuming if there is a "new game" it wouldn't deal with those either.

This leads me to believe if there was going to be a new KH game, it would either be and HD collection...or...ummm....yeah.

Nomura has discussed games not KH related in Ultimania interviews before. Like TWEWY and Versus and that monochrome phone game he did art for.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well BBSv2 coming out after KH3 would be sort of, I don't know, unneeded?

Like, there wouldn't be much of a point to detailing her struggles when the cause of them is dealt with in KH3.

It would basicly become the crisis core of the kingdom hearts franchise. And that trned out pretty well, i would still be in favor of aqua being the protaganist and fuly playable in a game. I do want the story to progress but I'll be sad if i could never play as her again.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It would basicly become the crisis core of the kingdom hearts franchise. And that trned out pretty well, i would still be in favor of aqua being the protaganist and fuly playable in a game. I do want the story to progress but I'll be sad if i could never play as her again.
It really wouldn't be the Crises Core of Kingdom Hearts.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
If they do make a BBSV2, I hope they follow BBS's precedent of 3 playable characters with Aqua, Riku, and Mickey. Of course, unlike BBS, their stories might not all take place at the same time and overlap as much.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've already made many posts about how the BBSv.2 "trailer" didn't necessarily have to be a separate game, and since it contains spoilers, I shall not post it here... but this just means that I'm not upset that an unannounced game was cancelled.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk if someone already posted a translation of this but this is my version anyway :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's an interview with Tetsuya Nomura in the KH3D Ultimania that went on sale today! From the interview:

They don't have any plans for BBSv2 right now, trust your imagination with the ****** message, there's no plans for an FM for this title, the mystery kh project is stopped because they did kh3d, please look forward to whether the * ****** are those * people, lots of things have already started happening for a new title in the kh series, and he thinks they will be able to make some kind of announcement in a relatively short time.

(The blanked out parts are only blanked out by this blog because of spoilers, they aren't blanked in the actual interview. Goldpanner thinks the words are 'secret message' and 'whether the 7 lights are those 7 people'

There you go! In the interview there's also 'impressions upon seeing the 3DS, the way we brought in free flow action, the title 3D, choosing which worlds to use, about the new black coated people in organisation xiii' etc. I also really really recommend 'Ask Mr Tetsu everything! Scenario Mysteries' for Nomura's detailed commentary! KH3D's Ultimania is pretty big, very much worth reading, go and buy it for sure!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if there's bad wording there forgive me, i've been working on an essay for about two days and my brain is cauliflower

Katsagu

Awards
I want an HD collection *.*
Well i wouldnt mind no final mix since only the japanese people get it -_-

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Announcement soon = E3?

I still am hopeful since Nomura wanted to announce a game there a few years ago.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I'm thinking the announcement is an HD Collection, and there will be no BBSV2 because the story is being incorporated into the eventual KH3.

Now for the real question.

Would you want Re: Chain of Memories, or would you be happy with Chain of Memories on he eShop for 3DS. I personally liked the GbA version a lot, but never got to play Re:Com being British.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I doubt we'll see a digital release of CoM simply because of Disney. After seeing how Birth by Sleep never got a digital release, I am not convinced any Kingdom Hearts game will get a digital release. However! I will play my own devil's advocate here by commenting on the recent actions Nintendo has been planing to have 3DS titles become both digital and physical versions of the game. It has become Nintendo's great interest to improve their eShop title library, but to say what content will be allowed with all the licensing and agreement terms, it's on the fence that could fall on either side.

I mean when you look at game like Super Mario Bros on the eShop, for example, going for $5.99, it really makes you wonder what some of the popular GBA games would go for.

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
screw that man, I want a new game that takes place after or is kh3(like DDD) no more prequels or remakes or an "HD collection".

k99y77

Awards
i agree since its KH's 10th anniversary they should announce something special, but i just don't see people shelling out 40 bucks for just just improved graphics and trophies, so they should give us the FM's or at least new secret endings for KH1 and KH2.

Crystal

Silver Member
So, there is no BBS vol.2? I thought there will be a game that shows what had not been explained? >//<
Just wait for the next title then.

Etherealin

Yeah I'm thinking the announcement is an HD Collection, and there will be no BBSV2 because the story is being incorporated into the eventual KH3.

Now for the real question.

Would you want Re: Chain of Memories, or would you be happy with Chain of Memories on he eShop for 3DS. I personally liked the GbA version a lot, but never got to play Re:Com being British.

The GBA version's okay, but I'd much rather have re:COM, hence why I'd love a HD Collection.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
So im going to go out on a limb here and say if there will be a BBS vol2 that itll be released after KH3. I mean there can only really be 2 reasons (kingdom hearts wise not other SE titles) that Nomura isnt at least working on those 2 side by side. Either he just wants to get KH3 done with since its been long awaited and most loose ends pertaining to it have been tied OR vol2 alludes to a future saga in KH. I mean we can assume it forcuses on the absences of Mickey and Riku as well as Aqua. Perhaps somewhere in there is something of the possible next saga

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Ok so let me get this straight:

Kingdom hearts dream drop distance final mix-- not happening or at least not in the near future

BBSv2-- some goes for this won't be seeing this anytime soon according to this interviews

KH3-- won't be produced until verses is done which is still a while a way.

This then leads me to ask what is going to fill that "one game a year" thing that I have heard about. The only thing plausible is an HD collection or something like that. This has really made me wonder what this announcement is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back