• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's many forms... (for those that are confused about what's going on)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yellow eyes have nothing to do with darkness, it means a strong connection to Xehanort (or as we know now that you have a piece of MX's heart inside you you) and considering that is YMX he has the same heart as MX

Oh, so what's symbolized someone influenced by darkness?

Not quite... You see the strong heart will do those things, but that's not quite what happens with YMX (or most of the others)

With YMX, he cast aside his body leaving only his heart. That heart of his (containing all of who he is and being extremely strong) created a PPS of who he was before casting aside his real body. It did this because the heart is extremely vulnerable without a body (pseudo or real)...

With Riku, he was cast from his body by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. We see in the FM that he creates a PPS while in the RoD (before Ansem is defeated and he gets his body back)

With Vanitas, he was stripped from his original self (Ventus when he had a normal heart) and from that point forward Vanitas existed only of a heart... Thus his heart (wanting to continue existing) created a PPS so that he may live on

With Kairi, something happened (idk) and she was separated from her body. We see her PPS standing in front of DI's Keyhole, and then fading into Sora...

Make more since now? I thought maybe some examples might help, let me know :D

Thank you for explains :3 Rep for you :p
Just another question, how YMX cast aside his body, does he require a keyblade to do so?

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
Basically, Yellow eyes show a strong connection to Xehanort, and YMX is Xehanort so...

While I know that this has been confirmed, can anyone explain why AX had brown eyes once he was brought out of the Realm of Darkness by Aqua, or will that be explained in DDD? After all, we know that the "memory loss" was a charade, so why did his eyes change color if he IS Xehanort?

JustSnilloc

Oh, so what's symbolized someone influenced by darkness?

I don't believe that in KH that we have specific physical changes for the usage of darkness... Don't forget that darkness is just an element, sure it has its own realm (unlike elements like fire, ice, etc) but outside of using darkness the wrong way thereby damaging your heart, it doesn't seem to have any unique effects on the user or the person influenced by it

Just another question, how YMX cast aside his body, does he require a keyblade to do so?

That's how he probably did it, yeah... The keyblade's power over and of the heart would allow such a thing to be possible (assuming that somebody knew how to do it anyway)

While I know that this has been confirmed, can anyone explain why AX had brown eyes once he was brought out of the Realm of Darkness by Aqua, or will that be explained in DDD? After all, we know that the "memory loss" was a charade, so why did his eyes change color if he IS Xehanort?

I just checked, he still had yellow eyes upon coming out of the realm of darkness... It wasn't until later (when dressed in scientist outfit) that he had brown eyes, this could be viewed as the slow process of Ansem's (the wise) influence on AX, surely you've noticed that Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness have his eyes :)

I may be wrong on the specifics of the process here, but something like that was going on

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
I just checked, he still had yellow eyes upon coming out of the realm of darkness... It wasn't until later (when dressed in scientist outfit) that he had brown eyes, this could be viewed as the slow process of Ansem's (the wise) influence on AX, surely you've noticed that Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness have his eyes :)

I may be wrong on the specifics of the process here, but something like that was going on

Sorry, that's what I meant, not as soon as he came out of the RoD. xD
Yeah, the changing of his eyes from brown to yellow was what I was going for I just didn't think there was a specific reason why his eyes were like that. And yup, I noticed the change in their eyes.

Crystal

Silver Member
I don't believe that in KH that we have specific physical changes for the usage of darkness... Don't forget that darkness is just an element, sure it has its own realm (unlike elements like fire, ice, etc) but outside of using darkness the wrong way thereby damaging your heart, it doesn't seem to have any unique effects on the user or the person influenced by it
How about portal to darkness and pointy ears?

That's how he probably did it, yeah... The keyblade's power over and of the heart would allow such a thing to be possible (assuming that somebody knew how to do it anyway)

So, there is a keyblade wielder who pass the keyblade wielding ability to him just like Terra to Riku?

Oh yeah XD i also wanted to ask bout AX too, because he is one of the Xehanorts right? How can his eyes turn from yellow to brown? Is it possible due to Terra having most of control over th body on that time? Ansem The Wise having orange eyes, what's this symbolzie?

billyzanesucks

The corridors of darkness are external. I believe pointy ears may have been mentioned to be another Xehanort trait, or it might just be irrelevant.
So, there is a keyblade wielder who pass the keyblade wielding ability to him just like Terra to Riku?
Probably. That's the only traditional way.
Ansem The Wise having orange eyes, what's this symbolzie?
Was he ever shown without amber eyes? I think it's just his natural color.

JustSnilloc

billyzanesucks got most of this, look at his post first. But the pointy ears are a Xehanort trait, however they are an odd one as YMX doesn't have them.

Xehanort's Report #1 is the only source of information we have on that (as far as I'm aware), it's kind of vague if that's the answer you seek however

Xehanort's Report I said:
Much time has passed since I left the home of my youth behind, and in the myriad worlds I have visited, I have gained much knowledge. On these pages, I intend to record a portion of that knowledge, and put the course of my life to paper.
Upon reflection, my life underwent the most considerable sea-change when I arrived at that place. Yes, it began when I found a Master, and another I would later call my brother—when I found a new home.
Then there was the Keyblade. For what purpose was it begotten, and by whom? During my training as one of its wielders, the precepts offered a clear answer: the Keyblade existed so that we who watched over the light could protect the world from the shadows.
But was that the TRUE answer? Could there not be more to it than that? My heart sought knowledge, and so I sometimes visited other worlds—though such travel was forbidden unless duty required—and found what my heart sought.

Take it as you will

Oh yeah XD i also wanted to ask bout AX too, because he is one of the Xehanorts right? How can his eyes turn from yellow to brown? Is it possible due to Terra having most of control over th body on that time? Ansem The Wise having orange eyes, what's this symbolzie?

Yeah, he is a Xehanort. The yellow to brown thing like I said is probably a slow transition to amber eyes. Ansem, the Wise's amber eyes are just his natural eye color, and Xemnas and SoD have his eye color because of his influence probably

Crystal

Silver Member
The corridors of darkness are external. I believe pointy ears may have been mentioned to be another Xehanort trait, or it might just be irrelevant.

What do you mean by "external"?

Yeah, he is a Xehanort. The yellow to brown thing like I said is probably a slow transition to amber eyes. Ansem, the Wise's amber eyes are just his natural eye color, and Xemnas and SoD have his eye color because of his influence probably

How is Ansem The Wise able to influence him?

Stars

リク
Oh... I thought one needs darkness to open a portal of darkness....?
And I may be missing something else...Can someone else give me a link for Nomura interview about the yellow eyes thing?

iLeen

Awards
Oh... I thought one needs darkness to open a portal of darkness....?
And I may be missing something else...Can someone else give me a link for Nomura interview about the yellow eyes thing?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for:

-- Comparing the Organization members when they were human to when they were in the Organization, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?

Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

-------------------------------------

But here's the link to the interview:
Nomura interview archive all your questions answered (entire series spoilers) - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

It's in the 8th box section.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

-- Comparing the Organization members when they were human to when they were in the Organization, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?

Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

Nomura interview archive all your questions answered (entire series spoilers) - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

That is the correct interview snippet. It's from the BBS Ultimania and practically completely rebukes this widespread fan-nonsense of golden eyes == darkness influence. It's not darkness influence, it's Xehanort-influence.

I also don't get from where the notion comes that Xemnas has other eyes, they're also Xehanort-golden, not Ansem-orange. It's seen here:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Even better is however watching the cutscene again where Xigbar and Xemnas explain to Sora the true goal of the Organisation.

Ansem the Wise's eyes are a vivid orange without a real gold tint, and while Ansem SoD's eyes are clearly a darker shade of gold than MX, Young Xehanort, Vanitas and Xemnas have it's still golden.

EDIT: Forgot to answer that:
@Sephy, I think you've misinterpreted what Ansem the Wise said... He says

Given the context that Ansem is referring to the time when Sora was given back his "Body" by Kairi's powers, the statement sounds awkward, Sora wasn't even close enough to Roxas to have had an effect like wiping his existence out by continuing his own existence... However, under the criteria that when Sora and Roxas became one (beginning of KH2) it makes a lot more sense

Wiping out an existence has nothing to do with physical closeness. Sora simply allowed Roxas to endure and contnue existing to develop as an independent entity. Remember that they were always closely connected as that was how Vexen could craft a card of Twilight Town in CoM even if Sora himself never went there before KH2.
Ansem says that Sora allowed his nobody to exist as it was, connecting this to the point when Roxas is already fused into Sora makes even less sense because that wouldn't be "allowing to exist". Roxas was forced to give up his existencewhen he was merged back into Sora by DiZ and Naminé. Only his mind/spirit and memories remain.
His "existence" in the actual world ended after the prologue of KH2 so there wouldn't be anything for Sora to "allow to exist as it was" because it's already gone.
Just like the Data-Naminé also alluded in Coded when she said "the real me is nowhere, now".
They disappeared from the world when they were fused into their original selves and while their minds (and possible grown hearts) are there inside Sora and Kairi, they are asleep and don't really "exist" per se.

Crystal

Silver Member

Oh~ Thank you for the link, Leen :3
Because i was confused about the yellow eyes and pointy ears thingy. I remember previously someone explain to me that these as a darkness influence , and i missed this interview xD

So, about Xemnas' eyes are actually same with Braig and Isa , but not Ansem the Wise's influence? :)

That is the correct interview snippet. It's from the BBS Ultimania and practically completely rebukes this widespread fan-nonsense of golden eyes == darkness influence. It's not darkness influence, it's Xehanort-influence.

I also don't get from where the notion comes that Xemnas has other eyes, they're also Xehanort-golden, not Ansem-orange. It's seen here:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Even better is however watching the cutscene again where Xigbar and Xemnas explain to Sora the true goal of the Organisation.

Ansem the Wise's eyes are a vivid orange without a real gold tint, and while Ansem SoD's eyes are clearly a darker shade of gold than MX, Young Xehanort, Vanitas and Xemnas have it's still golden.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

To me Xemnas and Ansem SoD eyes are closer to Ansem TW(orange-amber) than MX(yellow-gold). :/

iLeen

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

To me Xemnas and Ansem SoD eyes are closer to Ansem TW(orange-amber) than MX(yellow-gold). :/

Huh...I was trying to go along with Nomura's "those influenced by Xehanort have his colored eyes," but the images do make it seem like Xemnas' and Ansem SoD's eye colors are closer to the eye color of AtW. Not sure what it means though. Either there is a meaning behind it or just slight mistake in choice of eye color for AtW.

Maybe this has to do with AX in the beginning of KH3D saying "I am not Xehanort. I am Ansem."

Crystal

Silver Member
^ Wasn't AX used Ansem as his name so as to continue his research ? OR i missed out something AGAIN?

iLeen

Awards
^ Wasn't AX used Ansem as his name so as to continue his research ? OR i missed out something AGAIN?

I'm not so sure. When it shows the cutscene of AX telling Braig that he is "Ansem," it happened after everyone else fell into darkness (became Heartless/Nobodies). I wouldn't see the point of AX continuing to call himself "Ansem" when their research days are over.

AX was using Ansem's name for his resruch in secret as said in the secret Ansem reports.
Secret Ansem's Report 2

I have made a grave mistake. My study of the "darkness of the heart" began with a simple psychological test and quickly snowballed. Spurred on by my youngest apprentice, Ienzo, I constructed a massive laboratory in the basement of my castle. Unbeknownst to me, my six apprentices then began collecting a large number of subjects on which to perform dangerous experiments into the "darkness of the heart." As soon as I found out, I called my apprentices together and ordered them not only to cease their studies, but to destroy the results of their research thus far. What on earth was happening within the hearts of my six beloved apprentices? While pursuing the mystery of the darkness of the heart, could they themselves have strayed into its depths? Yet I remain the most foolish of all, for having begun these experiments. We are not meant to interfere in the depths of another's heart, no matter what our reasons for doing so... And my error plunged me into despair. A visitor from another world soothed my dejected soul. A tiny king named Mickey came wielding a legendary key — the infamous "Keyblade," said to bring both chaos and prosperity to the world. He was very knowledgeable on many topics, and we deepened our friendship as we conversed companionably. Upon his advice, I decided to review the data obtained at my basement lab. That is when I discovered the "Ansem's Reports." Though they bore my name, the only one I had written was number 0. Apparently he had gone on to pen numbers 1 through 8 himself. Yes — the first subject in my foolish experiments.

iLeen

Awards
But that was before the Radiant Garden collapsed. Why would AX still want to dub himself as "Ansem" after he was done writing the reports where there was no use calling himself "Ansem" from there on?

Sorry if I'm not making sense. I pulled an all-nighter, and logging on to khinsider forums is my way of [ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod]procrastinating[/ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod] taking a break from studying, so my brain may not function as well as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back