• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A hole in Xehanorts plan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
if Xehanort intends for the seven lights and his thirteen darknesses to fight how is that going to be possible? He's already said that Terra is one of the lights, even if he gives Terra his body back he'll be short two darknesses.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's more like he said, "one of your potential lights is on our side." Granted, that pretty much means MX is hauling over more work for the protagonists.

billyzanesucks

He also said the seven lights and thirteen darknesses would be assembled by fate, regardless of who ended up where.

Seighart

Awards
Yeah so its safe to say that The 7 was assume wont be the lights. Hell, Chip,Dale, Jiminy, Pinochiio,Minnie, Pluto, and Flouder would be the lights lul.

mooglekupor

Awards
He also said the seven lights and thirteen darknesses would be assembled by fate, regardless of who ended up where.

It is hillariously ironic but first MX said he doesn't believe in chance and 5 minutes later he says the guardians of light and the seekers of darkness will be assembled by FATE...

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
It is hillariously ironic but first MX said he doesn't believe in chance and 5 minutes later he says the guardians of light and the seekers of darkness will be assembled by FATE...

Well what he said makes sense, fate and chance are different things. That's why BBS was like 'destiny is never left to chance'. Chance would mean something random, or anything while fate is the same as destiny.

mooglekupor

Awards
Well what he said makes sense, fate and chance are different things. That's why BBS was like 'destiny is never left to chance'. Chance would mean something random, or anything while fate is the same as destiny.

Destiny is something random too. Unless it is manipulated by a higher power, but so far religion hasn't appeared in Kingdom Hearts and neither did God.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Destiny is something random too. Unless it is manipulated by a higher power, but so far religion hasn't appeared in Kingdom Hearts and neither did God.

Well

des·ti·ny   [des-tuh-nee]
noun, plural des·ti·nies.
something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune.
the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.
the power or agency that determines the course of events.
( initial capital letter ) this power personified or represented as a goddess.
the Destinies, the Fates.

It doesn't mean random. It can either involve an outside agency like you said(God,etc) or not. No the characters in KH don't have a religion but one could argue that Kingdom Hearts itself would be like the 'God' or some cosmic collective representation for in the game. It'd be better to say that KH is like the Source, which people could say is God, but in this case it wouldn't be a god of intervention but rather a thing of order.

You're right because fate is synonymous with chance but in this instance with 'destiny never being left to chance' motif it goes both ways.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay this is really a simple thing to understand. Yes Terra is currently one of the 13 Darknesses, even though Mickey counts him as being one of the 7 lights.

But when MX says that the 7 lights are chosen naturally, this statement goes back to the end of the Keyblade War. The original X-Blade was the protector of the True Kingdom Hearts. As we all know the X-Blade was shattered in to 13 darknesses and 7 Lights and the True Kingdom Hearts fell into darkness where it remains to this day.

After this the light in the hearts of children restored the worlds making the Realm of Light what it is today. This light from the children eventually formed into the 7 hearts of pure light. As such the 7 hearts of pure light are what protects the realm of light. So the 7 hearts which now reside the princesses of heart are acting as a substitute for the light of the True Kingdom Hearts.

Now because those 7 hearts of pure light are acting as a substitute for the True Kingdom Hearts, 7 lights that came from the X-Blade act as the guardians and protectors of the 7 hearts of pure light (Just like the original X-Blade acted as the protector of the True KH). Because of this the 7 lights from the X-Blade will always choose guardians who can protect the princesses of heart. So even if Terra is on MX's side, one of the X-Blade's lights will find a substitution for Terra until Terra is able to serve as a guardian again.

This is why they are called "The 7 Guardians of Light" They guard the princesses of heart just like the X-Blade once guarded the true KH.
-----------------------------------------

The 13 Seekers of Darknesses will try to destroy the Princesses of Heart and weaken the Realm of Light for the coming Keyblade War (What XH was trying to do in KH1 but failed). The 7 Guardians of Light will be forced to battle the 13 Seekers of Darkness in order to protect the princesses, and when the two sides clash they will forge a True X-Blade that will summon the True Kingdom Hearts back to the Realm of Light (This what Kairi's Grandma meant by the true light returning in her fairy tale) and just like in the ancient past people will become greedy again and seek the light for themselves thus sparking a second Keyblade War.

Absolute

I wonder if MX assumes that if he makes the 13 Darkness like himself that if all the required hearts combine into the X-Blade that he will be the one who is still active and able to wield it. Or if his plan is to just create it and let keyblade war handle the rest.

MX made it sound like none of the Lights were chosen yet. After Mickey rattles off the wielders, he has Sora, himself and Riku, the missing three which we assume is Terra, ven and Aqua and this mysterious 7th one. However, MX mentions that he has Sora and one of the Lights on his side so mickey is still short 3 potential lights. Can a light be a darkness (or vice versa), or do you need 27 individual people (13 darkness, 7 lights, 7 princesses)? It seemed pointless to make Sora a darkness unless he was never a light to begin with.

I wonder why the X-Blade is 13 darkness and 7 lights that it broke into?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I wonder if MX assumes that if he makes the 13 Darkness like himself that if all the required hearts combine into the X-Blade that he will be the one who is still active and able to wield it. Or if his plan is to just create it and let keyblade war handle the rest.

MX made it sound like none of the Lights were chosen yet. After Mickey rattles off the wielders, he has Sora, himself and Riku, the missing three which we assume is Terra, ven and Aqua and this mysterious 7th one. However, MX mentions that he has Sora and one of the Lights on his side so mickey is still short 3 potential lights. Can a light be a darkness (or vice versa), or do you need 27 individual people (13 darkness, 7 lights, 7 princesses)? It seemed pointless to make Sora a darkness unless he was never a light to begin with.

I wonder why the X-Blade is 13 darkness and 7 lights that it broke into?

The Princesses of Heart do not have anything to do with the formation of a True X-Blade. The Princesses' hearts are acting as a substitute for the light of the True KH since it is currenlty in the realm of darkness. Therefore just like the X-Blade protected KH, the 7 lights that came from the shattered X-Blade act as protectors of the princesses of heart. As such the 7 lights from the X-Blade will naturally choose guardians to protect the princesses. So even though Terra and if Sora had become part of his side, the 7 lights of the X-Blade would have eventually found replacements for them. MX knew this so that's why he went after Sora despite the fact he's one of the seven lights.

7 guardians of light protect the holders of the 7 hearts of pure light.

Since the original X-Blade was shattered into 13 darknesses and 7 lights, by replicating these two sides and having them clash (When Xehanort's side attempts to kill the princesses in KH3 the 7 lights will have no choice but to fight) he can forge a True X-Blade.

Also I would assume if the true X-Blade is forged MX plans to use the strength of his various incarnations to be the one in control of the body that wields the X-Blade. (Like Vanitas was in control of Ven when they created a false/very incomplete X-Blade)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It wasn't a "false" X-blade but rather just a fraction of the real thing, as both the light and dark parts where missing out in "heart-quantity".

One has to wonder though why the original X-blade shattered in 7 lights and 13 darknesses, leaving the light at a glaring disadvantage and going totally against the supposed "balance-thing".
7 lights and 7 darknesses or 13 lights and 13 darknesses would have made more sense mythology-wise.

Nayru's Love

Awards
The problem is that MX is about as reliable as KHwiki when it comes to KH lore. He already confused the hell out of me when trying to differentiate the KH in the RoD from the X-Blade's KH.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It wasn't a "false" X-blade but rather just a fraction of the real thing, as both the light and dark parts where missing out in "heart-quantity".

Yeah I thought so. I just wasn't sure what we were actually going to start calling the X-Blade in BBS. That means that since only a fraction of the X-Blade was actually forged then the blue KH in BBS was only a fraction of the True KH. The True X-Blade and True KH must be something amazing to see then.

One has to wonder though why the original X-blade shattered in 7 lights and 13 darknesses, leaving the light at a glaring disadvantage and going totally against the supposed "balance-thing".
7 lights and 7 darknesses or 13 lights and 13 darknesses would have made more sense mythology-wise.

Well we know that after the X-Blade was shattered the 7 lights went to protect the 7 hearts of pure light just like the X-Blade did for KH.
But the 13 Darknesses, well what happen to them after the X-Blade shattered is a mystery. And you would think the X-Blade would have shattered into equal fragments of light and dark since the whole premise of the weapon is to be an overlap of light and dark. But maybe since the darkness was so strong during the keyblade war more shards of darkness were created than those of light or something. I'm sure these little mysteries will be answered in KH3, it can't just be random that it split into 13 Darknesses and 7 lights.

EDIT: @Nayru's Love: The KH in the realm of darkness is the X-Blade's KH. The KH in the realm of darkness is the true KH that was lost to the darkness during the war which is why its still in the realm of darkness today.

According to KH3D it seems that XH was using the princesses to open the door to darkness to get to KH, but was using them to open the door to darkness so he can flood the realm of light with darknesses and weaken the worlds for the second Keyblade War. The door to darkness was probably created by the 7 hearts of pure light and that is what they used to banish the darkness covering the world (That darkness becomes the realm of light) Thus to open the door to darkness which divides the two realms you have to get the 7 princesses.

When we see XH calling out to KH at the end of KH1, he was doing it out of desperation but it answered to Sora and instead light from KH shot out form wherever it is in the dark realm.

It seems pretty clear to me the only way to really get to KH you have to forge a true X-Blade and summon it back to the realm of light.

Nayru's Love

Awards
The way MX worded his reports, he sounded as if there existed two types of KH of worlds' hearts: A forced conglomeration and a pure fusion. I can't help but feel he was describing the KH in the RoD when referring to a forced conglomeration.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The problem is that MX is about as reliable as KHwiki when it comes to KH lore. He already confused the hell out of me when trying to differentiate the KH in the RoD from the X-Blade's KH.

Lol, true dat. However this shows, as well as with Yen Sid, that Xehanort is not an omnipotent, perfect force who gets everything right.
He is still somewhat "human" and can make mistakes and errors.

Yeah I thought so. I just wasn't sure what we were actually going to start calling the X-Blade in BBS. That means that since only a fraction of the X-Blade was actually forged then the blue KH in BBS was only a fraction of the True KH. The True X-Blade and True KH must be something amazing to see then.

Well we know that after the X-Blade was shattered the 7 lights went to protect the 7 hearts of pure light just like the X-Blade did for KH.
But the 13 Darknesses, well what happen to them after the X-Blade shattered is a mystery. And you would think the X-Blade would have shattered into equal fragments of light and dark since the whole premise of the weapon is to be an overlap of light and dark. But maybe since the darkness was so strong during the keyblade war more shards of darkness were created than those of light or something. I'm sure these little mysteries will be answered in KH3, it can't just be random that it split into 13 Darknesses and 7 lights.

We can still call it the X-blade because it was one. The Keyblade of People's hearts in KH 1 was also incomplete and we still call it that way.
The criteria of pure light and darkness intersecting was still met with Ventus' and Vanitas' hearts and we can also say for sure that this "form" of the X-blade was way stronger than any ordinary Keyblade.

The blue KH in BBS was the true one if I am not mistaken.
As for the "full" X-blade I could imagine it looking very similar to the one Aqua clashed with, but with a constant mixed aura of light and dark around it and possibly more gold and red/black in its design.

True, it's another mystery to add to the list of things and mysteries to be resolved (if the memoirs don't do that, as I saw you do not only get summaries of the other KH games but also of other background lore like the Keyblade War, Keyblades and stuff).
Of course there can be a reason for this particular "breakup" but I bet the 13 darknesses are set because of the true goal of Org XIII and the connection to Xehanort's overall main scheme.
Why we don't have 13 lights to even the odds and bring the equal amount of light and dark? Probably because we don't have enough Keyblade Wielders on the good side for that, lol.

Nayru's Love

Awards
It really brings into question, why the hell did BBS' X-Blade even appear? I wouldn't necessarily call it an incomplete X-Blade (well, not for those reasons, anyways) because I find it difficult to relate fusing together two equally-balanced forces with a clashing of uneven forces. Unless MX plans to fuse everyone into a huge clusterkupo.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
We can still call it the X-blade because it was one. The Keyblade of People's hearts in KH 1 was also incomplete and we still call it that way.
The criteria of pure light and darkness intersecting was still met with Ventus' and Vanitas' hearts and we can also say for sure that this "form" of the X-blade was way stronger than any ordinary Keyblade.

I'd like to give the X-Blade in BBS a different name just to distinguish that it was very incomplete. I think it just clears out confusion.
Oh yeah there is no doubt that the incomplete X-Blade in BBS was definately stronger than the ordinary Keyblades. Which means when the complete X-Blade is forged it's power is going to be incredible.

The blue KH in BBS was the true one if I am not mistaken.
As for the "full" X-blade I could imagine it looking very similar to the one Aqua clashed with, but with a constant mixed aura of light and dark around it and possibly more gold and red/black in its design.

I know it was the true KH in BBS, but since only a fraction of the X-Blade was forged then shouldn't that mean what we saw in BBS was just a fraction of the True KH? I expect when the complete X-Blade is forged in KH3 then it will summon the complete true KH and maybe it will be a white heart shaped moon x10 the size of the one in BBS. Or maybe the true KH when completely summoned looks like a massive heart shaped sun.

As for the X-Blades complete look, I picture it having mixes of light and dark designs but I think it will look far more radical than the incomplete one in BBS.

It really brings into question, why the hell did BBS' X-Blade even appear? I wouldn't necessarily call it an incomplete X-Blade (well, not for those reasons, anyways) because I find it difficult to relate fusing together two equally-balanced forces with a clashing of uneven forces. Unless MX plans to fuse everyone into a huge clusterkupo.

Well the X-Blade in BBS was incomplete because only one heart of pure light and one heart of pure darkness was used to forge it. The complete X-Blade requires 7 lights and 13 Darknesses.

You know I'm thinking that hearts of pure light and dark aren't required. I think its just 7 hearts mostly light and 13 hearts mostly darkness. Because none of the 7 guardians of light have hearts of pure light and i'm sure some of the 13 Seekers of Darkness have a little light in them.

I think the whole thing about using pure light and pure dark was just part of the substitution plan in BBS. MX figured that if the two hearts he used were pure dark and pure light that it might work just as well as 13 mostly dark hearts and 7 mostly light hearts.

As for why MX has to clash 13 Seekers of Darkness against 7 Guardians of Light: Well if the originally X-Blade broke into 13 darknesses and 7 lights then MX would have to replicate that scenario and have 13 Seekers of Darkness clash against 7 Guardians of Light. That should forge a complete X-Blade.

Nayru's Love

Awards
If they're just going to fight each other instead of fusing together, then there's virtually nothing similar between the old and new methods. There has to be some correlation between the two methods for the X-Blade appearing in BBS to even make sense.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If they're just going to fight each other instead of fusing together, then there's virtually nothing similar between the old and new methods. There has to be some correlation between the two methods for the X-Blade appearing in BBS to even make sense.

There is. A heart of light clashed with a heart of darkness and they merged to become an incomplete X-Blade. Even if you had just 3 lights and 4 darknesses clash they still create an incomplete X-Blade. You have to have the whole set of 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights to clash and merge to create a complete X-Blade. Any fewer on either side would result in an incomplete X-Blade. You make an incomplete X-Blade you end summoning only fractions of the true KH. You make a complete X-Blade you get the whole true KH.

Its really not that complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back