• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
We also should not forget that Young Xehanort and Xemnas are constantly trying to mess around with Sora and weaken his heart.
So implying that he's actually holding Ventus' (and other) hearts captive instead of sheltering them is actually pretty much in-character for a mind-gamer like Trollanort...err, I mean Young Xehanort. :p

This is VERY true, thanks for pointing that out

khbirthbysleep

Young Xehanort has the same voice actor as a common english voice actor for japanese animes put in english. I know I have heard the voice on Naruto or Bleach before. Plus, Joshua sounds kinda girly. And I love Neku's voice.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You mean Kevin? He says, "I've never seen it." *awkward seconds of silence*
(Sorry if that's not the line you meant. I don't know who you mean by "Old Tron man.")
Yeah, Kevin. I forgot his name for a minute xDThank you. It's so fast and I couldn't catch it. And, tbh, Quorra through me off because she sounds too quiet for me :|

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Young Xehanort has the same voice actor as a common english voice actor for japanese animes put in english. I know I have heard the voice on Naruto or Bleach before. Plus, Joshua sounds kinda girly. And I love Neku's voice.

Actually his voice actor does a lot more American animated shows than Japanese things. Kids Next Door, Hey Arnold, Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-Man...It was only in the late 2000s that he entered the anime arena. So definitely is not a common English anime VA.

Aaron Spann is a girly sounding man rofl. (I'm joking btw)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I love the timing on Joshua's line. It gives my OCD goosebumps. It's like,
"I think you're gonna have to ask..."
*MF turns his face towards the camera*
"...This guy."

Fwwuaaahh. <3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is VERY true, thanks for pointing that out

No problem. ;)

That was Joshua talking? Seriously since I didn't pay too much attention to the visuals (my PC is a bit laggy atm) I thought it was Shiki speaking there. rofl.

Trollanort's voice is really something though, he sounds quite bored sometimes yet it still manages to come over somewhat sinister and unsettling.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
We also should not forget that Young Xehanort and Xemnas are constantly trying to mess around with Sora and weaken his heart.
So implying that he's actually holding Ventus' (and other) hearts captive instead of sheltering them is actually pretty much in-character for a mind-gamer like Trollanort...err, I mean Young Xehanort. :p

Agreed. I was actually thinking that earlier. In that aspect, I like how they changed the line. However, I have the feeling a lot of people might not get they're saying Sora's harboring other hearts. "Your heart's a prison," could almost sound like Sora's heart is a prison for him (if the player doesn't listen to the following line, "even if you're not the prisoner", that is).

And I'm still sad about, "we'll go together" getting rewritten, but I'll get over it eventually.

Replica

Why did they change my two favorite lines !?!?!

"hearts other than your own"- hearts a prison!???

"Let's go together " - come with me !?!

How can they change lines that were never released in English to begin with?

These lines were just translated differently, not changed. I'm sure the official translations are more accurate anyway.

Awards
In terms of who I liked (strictly voice quality, not the translation choices):
- Young MX: seems like a reasonable voice, if old MX has a deeper voice in English, so should YMX. I'm not in love with it but I think it has a lot of potential.
- Sora: I can hear what some people are talking about as it sounding "forced" with the higher pitch, but it doesn't bother me that much and I'm not too concerned about it.
- Riku: Gallagher's on his A-game.
- Roxas: McCartney too.
- Lea: I also have found Quinton's delivery to be inconsistent at times, like he seemed to have a different take on Axel in Re:CoM and I sometimes wonder if he's aware of that (I don't think it's because Axel hadn't progressed as much as a character as he had in KH2). Even so, I like what I've heard. I actually enjoyed his softer approach to "What happened to me?" He's talking to himself, not an audience here, and he was just reborn so I would kind of expect that. :p
- Quasimodo: I know it doesn't sound quite the same as in the movie, but I do think that's the original VA. He's just older! In the same way as Aladdin in KH doesn't sound the same as in the movies because Scott Weinger is older. It doesn't bother me.
- Hugo: Good to hear Jason Alexander!
- Goofy: Oh man, that scream, perfection.
- Yen Sid: More or less what I expected.
- Xemnas: Just yes.
- Clu: That's not Jeff Bridges, it's his replacement from Tron Evolution I'm pretty sure (if it's Bridges, then he sounds a bit off lol). Still, the guy does a hell of an imitation. I'm nervous about his delivery on the final confrontation scene, though.

Who I wasn't crazy about:
- Kevin Flynn: Ok, this is a bit unfair since it's only a few words lol, and I DO like Clu so there is no reason to expect Kevin to be bad but... just can't get over this line, the delivery is terrible. Maybe because of how it's presented, as others have suggested, with the English cut not fitting well based on the Japanese trailer. And I'm sure I'll come around but yeah.
- Sam Flynn: That's not Garrett Hedlund and if it is I have to ask what the hell happened lol. The "Are you a prisoner?" line just sounds ugh. So dude-broish. Stop trying to channel the dude-ness of your father, it's not going to work.
- Pinocchio: I'm guessing his VA from before got too old, but I'm just too accustomed to it. Can't pinpoint it but I just don't like the sound of him.
- Mickey: I've never gotten used to Bret Iwan unfortunately, I was too spoiled by Wayne Allwine. To be fair, he really doesn't deserve to be on this list since he does do a good job of impersonating. But it sounds like just that to me- an impersonation rather than... almost Mickey's natural voice, I guess. There's something in the back of my head that's always saying, "That's not Mickey," and I wish I could get into it more...
- Frollo: He technically doesn't deserve to be here either. Corey Burton's delivery is solid, but I can't get over how much it sounds like Hook. That and you just can't compare it to Tony Jay, wish they had at least tried getting someone that sounds like him.
- Victor: He edges this out. It does sound like him, but maybe I'm being forgetful, sounds way more nasally than he should.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'm sure the official translations are more accurate anyway.
Well, no, they're taking a lot of liberties with this script, but that's par for the course in KH and most translation jobs in anime and video games these days, from what I understand.
It's just that some people (myself included) take issue with the way they've adapted the script into English. To each their own, right?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Well, no, they're taking a lot of liberties with this script, but that's par for the course in KH and most translation jobs in anime and video games these days, from what I understand.
It's just that some people (myself included) take issue with the way they've adapted the script into English. To each their own, right?
This, they will change the wording to make it sound "better".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back