• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A hole in Xehanorts plan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

It could also be a means to make the X-Blade more stable when it appears whole. Its suppose to be KH's counterpart, so you would assume it is very powerful. However, Aqua was able to break it with her Light Beam Sword of Friendship and cause it to become an incomplete form, thus freeing ven long enough for him to completely shatter. If you use the 'proper' way to make it, perhaps it makes the blade much stronger and much harder to break. Its like, BBS's method was putting two nails to hold a heavy picture. It gets the job done, but it has a high chance of failing by falling due to the nails not being strong enough if say someone bumps into it. However, nail that picture up the proper way with 20 nails and odds are it isn't moving one bit.

Perhaps the proper way would increase the chances that when all needed hearts merge into the blade that someone on the Darkness side is wielding it. This could be why he's also making clones of himself of the 13 Darkness so he is in control regardless of which Darkness is the dominant wielder. This is all under the assumption that the X-Blade creation for KHIII is similar to BBS's creation where two sides clashed but one side was in control of the finished product (in that case, it was pretty much all vanitas wielding the X-Blade and not Ven).

Samhain

Bronze Member
So this whole "You don't have to a full heart of light/and or darkness" to create the X Blade is BS?

Then if 13 darkness and 7 lights clash and yet none have "pure" darkness or light within them, wouldn't that make the X Blade incomplete? if say no thats the way you summon x Blade it doesnt have to be pure light and pure darkness than wtf was the point of the X Blade in BBS?

Does that mean Ven didn't HAVE to be pure llight? And Vanitas didnt have to be pure darkness? this is so confusing...

the KH we see in BBS is suppose to be the real KH, yes? then the KH in KH1 is also the real one? Are they the same one? if so KH was suppose to be in the RoD even in BBS so how did Xehanort summon it to the Keyblade Graveyard? are we suppose to believe now the Keyblade Graveyard was in the Realm of darkness?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It could also be a means to make the X-Blade more stable when it appears whole. Its suppose to be KH's counterpart, so you would assume it is very powerful. However, Aqua was able to break it with her Light Beam Sword of Friendship and cause it to become an incomplete form, thus freeing ven long enough for him to completely shatter. If you use the 'proper' way to make it, perhaps it makes the blade much stronger and much harder to break. Its like, BBS's method was putting two nails to hold a heavy picture. It gets the job done, but it has a high chance of failing by falling due to the nails not being strong enough if say someone bumps into it. However, nail that picture up the proper way with 20 nails and odds are it isn't moving one bit.

Perhaps the proper way would increase the chances that when all needed hearts merge into the blade that someone on the Darkness side is wielding it. This could be why he's also making clones of himself of the 13 Darkness so he is in control regardless of which Darkness is the dominant wielder. This is all under the assumption that the X-Blade creation for KHIII is similar to BBS's creation where two sides clashed but one side was in control of the finished product (in that case, it was pretty much all vanitas wielding the X-Blade and not Ven).

To be fair, the X-Blade in BBS wasn't even completed, so it's not surprising that it failed. Honestly, the new method seems pretty random and completely unnecessary. I like how they came up with the 13 Xehanorts concept, but I feel it was executed poorly; the new method just feels messy compared to the old method.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So this whole "You don't have to a full heart of light/and or darkness" to create the X Blade is BS?

Then if 13 darkness and 7 lights clash and yet none have "pure" darkness or light within them, wouldn't that make the X Blade incomplete? if say no thats the way you summon x Blade it doesnt have to be pure light and pure darkness than wtf was the point of the X Blade in BBS?

Does that mean Ven didn't HAVE to be pure llight? And Vanitas didnt have to be pure darkness? this is so confusing...

the KH we see in BBS is suppose to be the real KH, yes? then the KH in KH1 is also the real one? Are they the same one? if so KH was suppose to be in the RoD even in BBS so how did Xehanort summon it to the Keyblade Graveyard? are we suppose to believe now the Keyblade Graveyard was in the Realm of darkness?

I will go through your questions and make it simple to understant.

1. The whole plan to create the X-Blade using Ven and Vanitas' hearts of pure light and pure darkness was an overly hasty plan that MX deemed a failure afterwards. That is why he had XH and Xemnas carry out the back up plan to forge the X-Blade the true way and thus create a complete X-Blade. XH was to gather PoH to open Door to Darkness which then weakens the worlds, while Xemnas gathers 13 nobodies to make into Xehanort clones to be the 13 Darknesses. In case Xemnas' organization failed XH went back in time to get YMX to gather different versions through out time as a fail safe to forge the 13 Darknesses.

We don't know for sure if pure darkness and pure light are really needed to forge the complete X-Blade. For all we know the pure light and pure dark stuff was just a theory in his overly hasty plan to forge it in BBS.

2. It may be that MX assumed if the two hearts he used were pure light and pure dark it would make up for the lack of the other 18 hearts normally needed.

3. Yes the KH in BBS is the same KH in the realm of darkness in KH1. It is the true KH. The true KH fell into the dark realm because of the Keyblade War which also caused the original X-Blade (Which was the protector of KH) to shatter into 13 darknesses and 7 lights. By forging a complete X-Blade you can summon the complete True KH out of the realm of darkness and into the realm of light. We're speculating that since the X-Blade in BBS was incomplete then the blue KH in BBS may have been only a fraction of the true KH that was summoned. After the X-Blade in BBS that blue KH returned to the realm of darkness.

The whole thing in KH1 about gathering the princesses to open the Door to Darkness. It seems you can't actually reach KH that way. XH just wanted to get the princesses so they could open the door to darkness and flood the worlds with darknesses thus weakening them in preparation for the second Keyblade War. When Sora and XH called out to KH at the end of KH1 and the light of KH shown through it was probably the true KH just reacted to Sora's call from somewhere deep inside the realm of darkness.

A complete X-Blade is the only way to summon the complete True KH from the realm of darkness. If the X-Blade is incomplete as it was in BBS then we speculate it only summons a fraction of the true KH.

To be fair, the X-Blade in BBS wasn't even completed, so it's not surprising that it failed. Honestly, the new method seems pretty random and completely unnecessary. I like how they came up with the 13 Xehanorts concept, but I feel it was executed poorly; the new method just feels messy compared to the old method.

No, I like this method better. The method in BBS seemed way too easy to do. I was so happy to hear MX say the way he did it in BBS was overly hasty and a failure, and that the true method is using 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights. Now that seems alot more difficult as it should be to forge the most powerful weapon in the universe. Not to mention it was revealed that XH and Xemnas' plots in KH1 and KH2 were part of the back up plan to forge a complete X-Blade so now we know XH and Xemnas weren't just acting on random goals of their own. Which finally finally ties the story together much better.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If they're just going to fight each other instead of fusing together, then there's virtually nothing similar between the old and new methods. There has to be some correlation between the two methods for the X-Blade appearing in BBS to even make sense.

As far as I remember it was never said that the two hearts really had to fuse in order to forge the X-blade. The requirements brought forth in BBS was that both hearts had to be of equal strength/power and had only to intersect in order to bring about the weapon.
The fusion part was probably be only done because Vanitas in his sick derangement only wanted to control Ven (and have a real body since his "darkness"-based one was apparently destroyed by Ven).

It could also be a means to make the X-Blade more stable when it appears whole. Its suppose to be KH's counterpart, so you would assume it is very powerful. However, Aqua was able to break it with her Light Beam Sword of Friendship and cause it to become an incomplete form, thus freeing ven long enough for him to completely shatter. If you use the 'proper' way to make it, perhaps it makes the blade much stronger and much harder to break.
That's most likely the case, the X-blade made with more hearts in the equation would be surely more hard to break.
You're wrong on the assumption that Aqua cracking the thing in BBS made it an incomplete form. It was always incomplete not only because we now learned there wasn't enough hearts used but also because Ventus resisted the fusion to a degree.
Every Keyblade has an outer and an inner key. The inner key always looked like the incomplete form as seen in the Dive to the heart-fight between Ven and Vanitas and Vanitas also says it himself:
"Our union was not finished." , meaning the weapon was never complete and "Join me now and we can complete the X-blade".
When Aqua cracked the complete-"looking" outer key she caused the incomplete X-blade to become unstable, so it would break apart not shortly after. Vanitas realized this and focused then all his attention to the inner battle with Ven as he was fighting on both fronts before and shattered the Awakening platform during Ven's fight. (That's symbolized in Aqua's story with the X-blade floating around and shooting of keyhole-shaped energy beams, it were Ven and Vanitas having their beam-o-war during the last portion of their fight).
He got desperate to prevent the X-blade from breaking apart and therefore forced the D-Link in order to hasten up the fusion-process, which in fact proved to be his ultimate undoing though.

I have to agree with you on this. Xehanort's seeds were already plenty hinted at and having the true goal of Org XIII be 13 Xehanorts is an interesting concept, but I really don't like that Nomura tied it to the X-blade instead of just leaving it as Xehanort's "other roads" to take in form of backup plans for his immortality (and possibly have a pool of valuable tools/slaves at his disposal).
This new method for the X-blade destroys the whole concept of needing an equal amount of Light and Dark and the need to have pure hearts for forging it.
That was already a pretty difficult condition for making the weapon because pure light hearts (outside the Princesses) and dark ones apparently do not occur naturally.
Not to mention it makes the whole thing in BBS look somewhat pointless, as Aqua cracking the thing and making it unstable loses much of its meaning, Ven's heart was apparently nearly totally destroyed for almost nothing twice and the creation of Vanitas can now be questioned in terms of actual usefulness.

No, I like this method better. The method in BBS seemed way too easy to do. I was so happy to hear MX say the way he did it in BBS was overly hasty and a failure, and that the true method is using 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights. Now that seems alot more difficult as it should be to forge the most powerful weapon in the universe. Not to mention it was revealed that XH and Xemnas' plots in KH1 and KH2 were part of the back up plan to forge a complete X-Blade so now we know XH and Xemnas weren't just acting on random goals of their own. Which finally finally ties the story together much better.

Way too easy??? Last time I checked the hearts need to be at the same power level and pure, which except for the Princesses never occurs naturally for both light and dark. Xehanort worked diligently on making the right circumstances for the whole thing which at least took him 4 years or more, and I won't even count in right now how he utterly kupoed up Ventus in the process. For what? A fallacy?
Not only that, it was also said the X-blade is a product of an equal amount of light and dark, the whole 7/13-ratio not only defeats that whole concept it also makes it look completely stupid as if the X-blade would be a weapon of darkness.
Weaving Xemnas' and Ansem's plans in KH 1 and Days/KH2 into having something to do with Xehanort's backup plans (which he already hinted to Terra in BBS nonetheless) could also have been done much easier than totally messing up the concept of the X-blade.

That said, besides the time-travel-stuff this is actually the only thing about the direction of the story I don't fully appreciate. I can accept it, but I don't have to embrace the whole thing.
It may change however if I understand the whole time-travel bits better when looking at the English version and the memoirs and if the X-blade stuff is better explained in KH 3 as well.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Way too easy??? Last time I checked the hearts need to be at the same power level and pure, which except for the Princesses never occurs naturally for both light and dark. Xehanort worked diligently on making the right circumstances for the whole thing which at least took him 4 years or more, and I won't even count in right now how he utterly kupoed up Ventus in the process. For what? A fallacy?
Not only that, it was also said the X-blade is a product of an equal amount of light and dark, the whole 7/13-ratio not only defeats that whole concept it also makes it look completely stupid as if the X-blade would be a weapon of darkness.
Weaving Xemnas' and Ansem's plans in KH 1 and Days/KH2 into having something to do with Xehanort's backup plans (which he already hinted to Terra in BBS nonetheless) could also have been done much easier than totally messing up the concept of the X-blade.

That said, besides the time-travel-stuff this is actually the only thing about the direction of the story I don't fully appreciate. I can accept it, but I don't have to embrace the whole thing.
It may change however if I understand the whole time-travel bits better when looking at the English version and the memoirs and if the X-blade stuff is better explained in KH 3 as well.

Let's say for argument sake that they said the method with Ven and Vanitas was the proper method. Okay so Ven and Vanitas' X-Blade is destroyed, all MX has to do is take anyone of the other Keyblade wielders and extract their darkness and turn it into a new Vanitas, train them a bit and then have them clash. That just seemed too easy to me.

Trying to replicate the number of fragments the original X-Blade shattered into, 13 Darknesses and 7 lights, seems much harder to do and it just seems to make more sense to me. That's why when BBS came out I didn't like the X-Blade concept but after KH3D I really like it now because it's the reason for every incarnation of Xehanort's plans and therefore ties all of these different plots together for one purpose, which finally tells what Xehanort's true goal has been all along.

Now i'll admit, it may be better if there was 13 lights and 13 Darknesses but I'm sure they'll answer the stuff about the X-Blade further in KH3. I really don't like the time travel stuff. The concept of time travel in a story isn't a bad thing but a writer has to be very careful with how they impliment it. Since they made me like the X-Blade in KH3D, I'm hoping they make me like time travel in KH3.

Absolute

I'm wondering how much more powerful can MX get? He was already crazy powerful in BBS, easily beating Aqua, Ven and Terra and only intentionally losing to Terra, he can remove the darkness from a heart and essenitally create a new being, he can split himself into two separate but joined in action beings of Ansem and Xemnas to carry on his work at twice the speed, he can apparently chip his heart 12 times to put into 12 bodies without any seenable drawback to his existence, he can TRANSCEND TIME ITSELF and give others this ability.

I mean, crap, what will having the X-Blade give him that he already doesn't have? A full set of hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back