• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Demo Playable at London MCM Expo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
*looks up at the nice, pretty english set up, sighs, then goes back to watching the timer go down on the main site* Sixty-five days, five hours, eight minutes and counting...

*falls over dead* XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Don't worry, I wish you never get to play it ever, Kupo.

tumblr_m4n0i6ZEdm1rvg96io1_400.gif

Danjam

So while surfing on Youtube to find videos of the expo, I found a 36 minute video and about 10 seconds of it featured KH3D but it was very blurry and not worth checking out, but I did manage to see gameplay of Sora at TCotM, so it is probably the same demo that was at California.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been searching YT and Tumblah for some but to no avail.

So while surfing on Youtube to find videos of the expo, I found a 36 minute video and about 10 seconds of it featured KH3D but it was very blurry and not worth checking out, but I did manage to see gameplay of Sora at TCotM, so it is probably the same demo that was at California.

Probably not the very same, but probably a similar build.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Don't worry, I wish you never get to play it ever, Kupo.

Awww...that's so kind of you...I'm blushing lol jkjkjk

Also, I don't really get the "spread reputation before giving it" thing...

How long has the expo been open now? A whole day I'm assuming...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
How long has the expo been open now? A whole day I'm assuming...

When I watched a livestream at 11 pm last night(now 12 pm the next day) it was on day 2.
Besides, it's 3 AM in London I believe say Day 3 will begin in a few hours.

Danjam

Yeah the first two days are over now and the 3rd day begins in 8 hours. I'm surprised at the lack of videos, etc. but I heard the line for the demo is very long so...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not surprised. Either we get a wave of demo videos or we get nothing at all. They generally don't allow recording of demos and there are SE reps standing around so unless you are good at sneaking video cameras or cellphones for stuff like this, you are likely not to do any recording. Guessing, but considering the lack of videos, they aren't allowing video-recording.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah the first two days are over now and the 3rd day begins in 8 hours. I'm surprised at the lack of videos, etc. but I heard the line for the demo is very long so...
As they should be.It's times like these I'm grateful to have a watch from London with timezones from around the world.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
So what, that bra thing was just a joke?..I want some videos of the English demo.

Youniquee

Awards
The line wasn't that long btw, since the demo was pretty short! :3 I was waiting for some else to post! (when I came back I was the last one to post in this thread so I put it off lol) I played the demo but didn't record anything. Sorry guys. The videos on my camera ends up being larger than life and also...I was kinda scared to ask the lady :< Yeah, social awkwardness.

I couldn't hear the voices or music (obviously lol) but everything was English and the controls panels and not what. We had two choices of playing as Sora or Riku in 2 scenarios. I decided to play as Sora 'Cos well....he's cool and his scenario seemed better than Riku's. Anyway, when I pressed Sora I was thrown into The Musketeers world where Mickey was talking about...something lol. (Short term memory, what did I tell you?) and I can say that the 3D of this game really impressed me. It's kind of mind bonkery, to be honest. But it kind of hurt my eyes since I couldn't wrap my head around it, but it was still very impressive!

After Mickey finished talking about...something...I had a battle with Dream Eaters, which was fast paced, kinda of reminded me of BBS kind of gameplay but I was panicking since I didn't know the buttons. It was very enjoyable and I managed to beat them. I also managed to use one of the Dream Eaters 'Link' thingies lol which was quite interesting too. Then after that, Mickey talked some more about protecting the princess and then I wondered around the small area for a while, getting some treasure boxes. But there was only one surprisingly. :< barren world is barren. (It was in that area where Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Sora got: 'One for all and all for one!' lol) I also accidently used one of those..erm 'crazy moves' of Sora's which threw me off a little bit, I hope if I was to actually play the game properly, I'd get used to it in time. Then I talked to Mickey and said I was ready to protect the princess.

I found myself in a boss battle that was quite easy. It was this dragon dreameater and you had to protect the princess's carriage and fight the boss. Very BBS-like as I said. I was panicking at first but it was an extremely easy boss. (Although most of my carriage's life was gone but I didn't see it towards the end) Simple hitting when it came closer and counter attacking defeated it. I was dissappointed to be honest, and I wish that I would be kinda harder during real gameplay. I hope that they made it like that because they wanted the demo to be quick.
After I completed it, I was kicked out by the women supervisor and the dream was over. :<

In conclusion, the demo was fun and short and it gave me a taste of the gameplay you guys are going to have! I'm jealous since I loved BBS's style of gameplay! Although, I'm sad it was short :< and the boss was easy.

Yeah, I hope that helped. I know I'm a crap explainer but I really do hope this gave you an idea of what people played.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will try my best to recall what I played lol :3

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for the demo impressions Youniquee! It makes me wonder if the demo we'll get in the eShop will really be identical to this one or the one Japan got.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Really nice impressions Youni-chan! Besides the demo impressions, you actually gave me a great impression of what playing games is like at a convention. xD
Never been to one.

Thanks for the demo impressions Youniquee! It makes me wonder if the demo we'll get in the eShop will really be identical to this one or the one Japan got.

The demo's gonna take place in Traverse Town for both characters if what we read from that interview is correct. :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, convention floor fluorescents kill the 3D effects. It definitely isn't the best lighting for gaming with a 3DS, also you have to be angled right to see the 3D properly...

Thank you Youni-chan! <3 that was perfect!

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Nice impression. This is just a general question about the demo atmosphere, not the demo itself, but did you have to wear headphones to play the demo, or let me rephrase it, were headphones connected to the demo 3DSs at all times? The reason I ask is because at SE's demo booth for Re:Coded, FFXIII-2, Wafku, Hitman, and Deus Ex, they had headphones at all times so that the player could hear the cutscenes. Did you have headphones and if so, can you describe the headphones (the FFXIII-2 headphones had the FF logo printed on the ears, I want to know if they did that for KHDDD).

On a second note, do you think this is the only English demo they have so far for Sora and Riku? If so, maybe this will end up being the demo on the eShop, but I always thought one in Traverse Town was more likely.

Etherealin

Nice impression. This is just a general question about the demo atmosphere, not the demo itself, but did you have to wear headphones to play the demo, or let me rephrase it, were headphones connected to the demo 3DSs at all times? The reason I ask is because at SE's demo booth for Re:Coded, FFXIII-2, Wafku, Hitman, and Deus Ex, they had headphones at all times so that the player could hear the cutscenes. Did you have headphones and if so, can you describe the headphones (the FFXIII-2 headphones had the FF logo printed on the ears, I want to know if they did that for KHDDD).

On a second note, do you think this is the only English demo they have so far for Sora and Riku? If so, maybe this will end up being the demo on the eShop, but I always thought one in Traverse Town was more likely.

When I was there, I didn't see anybody wearing headphones.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Thanks for the demo impressions Youniquee! I seriously could not have done better. The 3D sounds cool, but from what I can tell it is going to give me a good headache or two, which I will gladly put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back