• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspenvenom619

Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I'd be shocked if they remade days, re:coded and bbs. If there is going to be an hd collection it would be the final mixes of I and II only, with re:com a complete stretch but possible. Ports are out of the question since all ps2 era collections are being redone in hd now so it would look like a bad business decision. However doing hd is almost as hard as creating a game from scratch and very involving, thus I'm hoping they outsource the work to another studio. If nomura is at the helm of this collection we won't see kh3 until 2030

notnow123487

Awards

So a rumored launch list for Wii U was on NeoGaf the other day referring to new super mario world as the title for the mario game. Well in the Nintendo Direct from about an hour ago, the three second clip had the same menu design as super mario world so their could possibly be traction to this who knows. Still all speculation until Tuesday.

From the list:
New Super Mario World by Nintendo
Kingdom Hearts Remembrance Collection: Kingdom Hearts I + Kingdom Hearts II + Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep by Square Enix

Sorax 122

Really hoping that we get a Birth by sleep remake. That is the only game from the series that i haven't played (had to go on youtube to keep myself in the loop.)

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I'd be shocked if they remade days, re:coded and bbs. If there is going to be an hd collection it would be the final mixes of I and II only, with re:com a complete stretch but possible.

wut. BBS is more likely than Re: COM is. BBS is a main game, and Re: COM isn't. Its not unlikely at all. Konami included Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (both PS2) games, as well as Peace Walker (a PSP exclusive) in their HD Collection. Square could do it too.

Radar

Bronze Member

HD's of BBS and KH1 are the most likely candidates in my opinion; maybe because those are the two I want to see the most.

Days was really good, but they should have really had more cutscenes.

Venitas

The fact that this hasn't been shut down yet makes me extremely hopeful. If this ends up happening I will be the happiest person on planet earth. ever since my ps2 broke i haven't been able to play kh1 or 2. if i got that chance again, with final mix content, bbs, days, and re:com....holy fuck

Key Wielder

Awards

I really hope that they wouldn't get them to redo the voices, RE: Chain of Memories felt weird with younger-looking Sora having that deeper voice(Also, lip-syncing was way off, but whatever).

Another thing, you think they would voice all the scenes in Days or leave them as text bubbles?

*late response* It wouldn't really bother me, to be honest. I think the feeling you got with Re:CoM was mainly due to the timing; his voice had changed in the intervening years, which isn't an issue now. If I'm remembering correctly, Sora didn't actually have any new lines in the KH1 Final Mix that would need to be recorded now.

Days would be interesting. I could see them doing something like recording the scenes in The World That Never Was but leaving text bubbles in the missions. It would be similar to Re:CoM having the voices recorded for Castle Oblivion scenes and text bubbles in the card worlds.

sdr08

a question to you guys...do you want them to change kh1's battle system, to bbs battle system. or keep it the way it is?

personally I love the new battle system, it would make it flow better...but I don't really see how it would work in the collection

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

i want everything to stay the same. all they need to do is change the camera.
^^this 10X^^
Im replaying Kh1 now (haven't played it since 2006 i think and the camera is terrible. who thought it was cool the control the camera with the shoulder buttons?) and the camera sucks ass.. Really need to fixed if they decide to do a remaster. The battle system of KH1 isnt bad just undeveloped a bit. But that comes with the age of the game... though playing through it now you really do realize the advancement of the game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

i want everything to stay the same. all they need to do is change the camera.

As much as I agree with you, I'd love to Flowmotion around End of The World or use Mega Flare during a time where the Olympus Coliseum was good.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Really hoping that we get a Birth by sleep remake.

They wouldn't remake it, put it into HD. Days looks like the only game they'd remake

a question to you guys...do you want them to change kh1's battle system, to bbs battle system. or keep it the way it is?

They wouldn't change anything, it's an HD Collection. They aren't remaking everything.

Last edited:

cloudzack117

my face either when this rumor is proven true and the site crashes, or when this is proven false and everyone is upset because they got their hopes up. i for one think there might be some plausibility to this seeing as how nomura mentioned he wanted to do something about multiple consoles, and porting over the playstation platform games to nintendo would make sense, plus his desire to return to console. maybe this would be his way of giving us enough kingdom hearts to last until versus 13, seeing as how with that games development and kh3's it kind of sucks to make a new portable game every year and convult the story even more.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

if they remake days, it would be the 3rd time i play through it but i would love it so much.

they need to fix the camera in KH1.

they need to fix the lock on glitches in days.

nothing to fix in BBS besides load times.

nothing to fix in KH2

re:com?

this is gonna be amazing.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

^^this 10X^^
Im replaying Kh1 now (haven't played it since 2006 i think and the camera is terrible. who thought it was cool the control the camera with the shoulder buttons?) and the camera sucks ass.. Really need to fixed if they decide to do a remaster. The battle system of KH1 isnt bad just undeveloped a bit. But that comes with the age of the game... though playing through it now you really do realize the advancement of the game.

Yeah I am playing through it now too, and the camera is awful. It has cemented my decision to get a Circle Pad Pro for DDD just to have a good camera again. And yeah, KH1's battle system is not bad, but it is probably the second worse in the series to me. It is just really slow, and the handled battle abilities poorly. Like Strike Raid and stuff, I hate how it just cycles through them depending on how far you are from your enemy, etc, and you have no real control over it. I like being able to actually choose what attack I want to use. Those are my too biggest issues with the battle system I would say.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

All of this

But above all they NEED TO VOICE THE SCENES FROM DAYS

i feel like a lot of emotion was missing (no pun intended) from this because of the lack of facial expression (even though the player card had facial expressions, they didnt really move)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

i feel like a lot of emotion was missing (no pun intended) from this because of the lack of facial expression (even though the player card had facial expressions, they didnt really move)

Well if they remake the graphics they could at least display emotion.

Wait this reminds me, so if Hayden is playing Xion now I wonder if they would re-record her lines too. Assuming this is true of course.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well, when Chain of Memories was remade, nearly every cut-scene was redone with voices, so that shows promise.

sdr08

the one thing i would like to see the most, is a option to enable autojump on/off for the one handed players, buts its wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back