• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Amazon has a few more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced

The weirdest thought just crossed my mind, 'What if the CE they give Europe has the exact same contents as Japan's 10th Anni box?' > >;

I highly doubt they would do that considering, as Sora2016 said below, it came with 2 games that most people probably already own. The main things that fans would want from the box would be the postcards, DDD, the 3DS case, and the AR cards (though they were not exclusively in the box but rather for 1st-edition games). That is pretty much all the stuff in the MoM edition, and I think if SE was going to bring over a CE to Europe with roughly those contents, they'd probably do the MoM edition not the 10th anniversary box.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I personally think the box we're getting is just fine. Also, Japan had to get the other AR Cards from expensive magazines that didn't came bundled previously so I'm glad we're getting most of them upfront.

It's not the contents that I am disappointed with, it is literally the box itself, like it just has pictures of the all the little symbols that are on the special edition 3DS which is nice I guess. But the Japanese one had a collage of cutscenes from the entire series. Which was freaking amazing looking. That's all :p I prefer our contents over theirs for sure.

This reminds me, the postcards still seem to be a timeline of the series thus far. Like every card has the name of the game and the year it came out. Only that's a bit cruel to us given how we did not get about 5 of them included in the set :p

kupo1121

Awards

This reminds me, the postcards still seem to be a timeline of the series thus far. Like every card has the name of the game and the year it came out. Only that's a bit cruel to us given how we did not get about 5 of them included in the set :p

I'm glad they are at least giving us the art, but I'm curious if it will say "Final Mix" with the release dates on the postcards since that would basically be slapping every fan in the face. Casual fans who don't know about the Final Mixes wouldn't understand crap, and for the rest of us, it would just hurt that they couldn't even change the freaking postcards and are basically taunting us at the lack of Final Mixes.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I had been wondering about this as well lol. It's a strange assumption for NA casual fans to know about Final Mixes once they see the Final Mix postcards. ...but it's better to include all of them rather than leave some out.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I had been wondering about this as well lol. It's a strange assumption for NA casual fans to know about Final Mixes once they see the Final Mix postcards. ...but it's better to include all of them rather than leave some out.

I agree I would have been upset if they had taken some of them out, but I dunno I thought maybe they would just take off the dates and names all together so as not to confuse people or something.

BagelBreath

Awards

Casual fans probably wont even bother getting the CE.
If they do, and they're confused, they can just use Google to find out what the final mixes are. It's not like it's a big deal.
Better to include the FM cards than not include them.

kupo1121

Awards

Casual fans probably wont even bother getting the CE.
If they do, and they're confused, they can just use Google to find out what the final mixes are. It's not like it's a big deal.
Better to include the FM cards than not include them.

Actually, most of my friends who are just casual fans of the series are getting the MoM edition because they agree that $15 extra for what you are getting is a great deal. If the CE was $50 extra or $30 they probably would have second guessed it. However, the game itself is $40, so for $15 extra bucks why not get a whole bunch of stuff (they mainly want the cases).

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Actually, most of my friends who are just casual fans of the series are getting the MoM edition because they agree that $15 extra for what you are getting is a great deal. If the CE was $50 extra or $30 they probably would have second guessed it. However, the game itself is $40, so for $15 extra bucks why not get a whole bunch of stuff (they mainly want the cases).

Hmm same here. Most of my friends who don't know much about the series strongly feel that it's a good deal considering all of those items. Especially the case.

RaginRiku

They have it listed on Play-Asia now. Now there's a chance for anyone in EU or AUS to import it. :3

Yay!! Sharing makes me happy ^o^ But I am still hoping they'll release the CE in EU and AUS so you guys don't need to pay to import it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Even if you import, would it even work on your 3DS? The 3DS is region locked so...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Even if you import, would it even work on your 3DS? The 3DS is region locked so...

If you're willing to pay extra money to import a game, perhaps you'd spring for the console as well.

Chistosa

Awards

Or just import the MoM CE and still buy their regions copy of the game.....and then sell the NA copy online?It's not a huge gigantic issue, especially if they want it bad enough to import in the first place. xD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Or just import the MoM CE and still buy their regions copy of the game.....and then sell the NA copy online?It's not a huge gigantic issue, especially if they want it bad enough to import in the first place. xD

That's what I'm saying, if you're willing to go through the trouble it takes to import the game, you'll (probably) be willing to get a 3DS, or trade in the game itself for a European copy, or come up with something.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

so i just found out today that you need to pay 25 dollars to preorder this at gamestop... then buy it full price!?!?1?!?!?!?!?!?1111

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

so i just found out today that you need to pay 25 dollars to preorder this at gamestop... then buy it full price!?!?1?!?!?!?!?!?1111

La fuq you talking about? The $25 should go towards your final payment.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

well somebody told me that it didnt... but hes not very trustworthy so ill take your word over his haha

It definitely goes toward the game, that's what a pre-order is after all.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

okay, good. im working a lot to make money to pay for this so im happy that the payment goes towards it.

Yeah, they just need a minimum to make sure you're interested in getting it so they don't end up with extra collector's editions, and whatever you put in a preorder is literally paying that part of the actual price off.

I've paid my entire collector's edition off, so when it comes out I won't have to lay any money down because they already have the funds paid for it by me in the system. All they care about is getting the money for it; whether that's before it comes out or after is irrelevant.

This is also why you can switch preorder credits over; they already have that money so you can move it around to something else if you so desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back