• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Dream Eaters and Abilities

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmujir955

So the way you unlock abilities is by getting Link Points and spending them on the abilities you want. But the abilities are only in effect if you have the specific Dream Eater that unlocked that ability in your party. So the question is, is there a specific party of Dream Eaters I need to get all of the abilities? Is it even possible to get all of the abilities?

Also, other than 100% completing the game, is there any reason to switch out my Dream Eaters for others if mine are already S-rank?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You need to use more than 3 Dream Eaters to get all the abilities.
If you click on the ability, it will show you which Dream Eaters you currently have that will unlock that ability.

tmujir955

You need to use more than 3 Dream Eaters to get all the abilities.
If you click on the ability, it will show you which Dream Eaters you currently have that will unlock that ability.

But is there any way to have all the abilities equipped at once? Or do you have to choose the three dream eaters that will give you the most abilities you want?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
When you unlock an ability on the Link Board, you should have those abilities all the time, shouldn't you?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
When you unlock an ability on the Link Board, you should have those abilities all the time, shouldn't you?

Some of them, not all I believe. I think the blue ones are only equipped when you have the Dream Eater that unlocked it in your team. As for the red and purple abilities, I think those are indeed equipped all the time.

Last edited:

tmujir955

Some of them, not all I believe. I think the blue ones are only equipped when you have the Dream Eater that unlocked that one in your team. As for the red and purple abilities, I think those are indeed equipped all the time.

Where is the color of the ability indicated? Thanks this clears things up.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Question, my random AR card gave me Meowjesty, which is kind of disappointing because I have always been planning to make my own Meowjesty S Rank. Is there anyway to increase your DE's rank, or is that set in stone from the start. If so, how much does rank affect the final DE (max level and stuff?). While I'm asking all these questions, why not ask a few more:

- What is the max DE level?
- How do you max a DE's affinity and if it is quantitative, what is the max number of affinity?
- How hard is it to get the rare DE (like the ones on the card that you didn't get?)

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Where is the color of the ability indicated? Thanks this clears things up.

It's indicated in the menu where you can see all of your abilities. There are blue, red and purple abilities.

Blue: Multi-Install abilities like HP Boosts, elemental screens/boosts, Magic Haste etc. (the ones equipped depend on what Dream Eaters you have in your party)

Red: Single-Install abilities like Second Chance, Once More, Exp. Boost etc. (permanent)

Purple: Dream Eater related abilities. There are only a couple of these. (I think they are always equipped)

In other words, choose your Dream Eaters wisely if you're depending on elemental screens, HP Boosts etc.

I'm not too sure about all of this since they don't really explain it in the game but but the blue ones definately depend on which Dream Eater you have in your party (I already saw my total HP changing whenever I removed a Dream Eater that unlocked HP Boosts).

Last edited:

tmujir955

Question, my random AR card gave me Meowjesty, which is kind of disappointing because I have always been planning to make my own Meowjesty S Rank. Is there anyway to increase your DE's rank, or is that set in stone from the start. If so, how much does rank affect the final DE (max level and stuff?). While I'm asking all these questions, why not ask a few more:

- What is the max DE level?
- How do you max a DE's affinity and if it is quantitative, what is the max number of affinity?
- How hard is it to get the rare DE (like the ones on the card that you didn't get?)

Rank of the Dream Eater is determined by the quantity of materials you use to create the Dream Eater. Adding a command to the mix will boost the DE up a rank (along with benefits specific to the command, eg +5 HP for a Potion)

You can boost it even more by using more materials than necessary. I forget the exact amounts, but you have to have certain multiples of the base requirement. For example 2 times the base amount will push the DE up a rank. You can find the exact amounts on the Japanese wiki.

The other rare AR card DEs can be crafted, but I'm not too far along in the game so I don't know how hard it is to get the ingredients, I imagine its endgame stuff.

Also the difference between an S-rank and a D-rank is pretty noticeable, my D-rank Meow Wow had stats in the 20s at level 3, but my AR card S-rank DEs had stats in the 80s (I think) as soon as I got them

tmujir955

It's indicated in the menu where you can see all of your abilities. There are blue, red and purple abilities.

Blue: Multi-Install abilities like HP Boosts, elemental screens/boosts, Magic Haste etc. (the ones equipped depend on what Dream Eaters you have in your party)

Red: Single-Install abilities like Second Chance, Once More, Exp. Boost etc. (are always equipped)

Purple: Dream Eater related abilities. There are only a couple of these. (not sure about these, I think they are always equipped but take it with a grain of salt)

In other words, choose your Dream Eaters wisely if you're depending on elemental screens, HP Boosts etc.

I'm not too sure about all of this since they don't really explain it in the game but but the blue ones definately depend on which Dream Eater you have in your party (I already saw my total HP changing whenever I removed a Dream Eater that unlocked HP Boosts).

Thanks, I just checked it out for myself. Blue is definitely tied to the DEs in your party, I wonder if there is a specific group of DEs you need to have all the blue abilities unlocked?

Also the purple abilities seem to be permanent; I have Meow Wow's ability where you link with your DEs more when you attack at the same time as they do, but Meow Wow isn't in my party.

axel95

Awards
It stinks that you won't be able to get all of the abilities at once, I wish that they came up with something better. Oh well. still looks fun! 17 hours until I get my MoM edition!!!!

tmujir955

Red: Single-Install abilities like Second Chance, Once More, Exp. Boost etc. (are always equipped)

Purple: Dream Eater related abilities. There are only a couple of these. (not sure about these, I think they are always equipped but take it with a grain of salt)

I just checked again... the red abilities are NOT PERMANENT.

My Meow Wow has Once More but since i don't have him in my party I don't have the ability.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

My Meow Wow has Once More but since i don't have him in my party I don't have the ability.

I was thinking about that actually. I just had another Dream Eater that could unlock Second Chance so that wouldn't be logical if those were permenant. Therefore, I was already thinking that the red ones aren't permanent either. I guess only the purple ones are.

tmujir955

I was thinking about that actually. I just had another Dream Eater that could unlock Second Chance so that wouldn't be logical if those were permenant. Therefore, I was already thinking that the red ones aren't permanent either. I guess only the purple ones are.

Yeah its disappointing we most likely won't be able to have all the abilities at once.

On the bright side, people will start making some cool builds focused on different aspects, like Healing based parties and whatnot. I'm looking forwards to experimenting!

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Yeah its disappointing we most likely won't be able to have all the abilities at once.

On the bright side, people will start making some cool builds focused on different aspects, like Healing based parties and whatnot. I'm looking forwards to experimenting!

I don't think it sucks actually. It prevents us from becoming overpowered. Makes the game a lot more strategic! I like it! :D

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I think that's what they were going for.....kind of like on how in the Heart Station in KH1 and KH2 you could choose between the power of the mystic, warrior, or defender. The way you earn abilities are through the DE, as they grow so do you.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I permanently have all my red abilities so i don't know what's going on in this thread..

Xammag

I personally think games are better when they don't allow you to have everything, because you are indeed forced to get creative and prioritize what you want.

My strategy guide says "Keep in kind that Stats (stat-boosting) abilities only activate while the Spirit from which you learned them remain in your party". The way this reads, all red (Support) and purple (Spirit) abilities should be permanent, but Stats (Blue?) are only active when said Dream Eater who gives you the abilities is in the party.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yes they are lol. It even explains it in game that the only abilities that aren't permanent are the Blue stat boosting ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back