• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoiler]KH:3D - Starting from a clean slate, seriously now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

klode_me

Hello there fellow KH Fans,

Today I wanna discuss the thing about the latest entry, KH:3D and the Mark of Mastery exam.
Am I the only one who's pondering over the fact, that even though Master Yen Sid says that both Sora and Riku need to start from a clean slate, but Sora starts out knowing more from the get-go. I mean, in both KH I and KH II, Sora doesn't know a thing about any magic. Allright, granted that Yen Sid is a mage, it is plausible that it is his sorta "starters kit" :p. What I don't understand is that he seems to know more than the three primary wielders/master from Birth by Sleep from the start, and they have trained for many years, two of them both Sora and Riku's senior. Is Nomura and his team losing the plot here and diverting from original intentions, it feels a bit cliche and the story is sorta also a mess :-/
But I would hate to see the command deck disappear, because I have been playing BbS for some time now, and I just love how you can customize it, and take on different combat skyldes. In my oppinion, that is far superior to the drive system :-D!

Back on topic, what do you think, does Sora and Riku really start off from a clean slate, as Master Yen Sid proclaims?

Cheers
Klode_me

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know what you mean by this... Sora and Riku start out knowing the basic fire, blizzard commands and that's about it. Which is also learned extremely early on in KH1 and KH2... so i really don't see the problem here. They didn't get TAV skill level until close to the end of the game. :/

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I believe Aqua at least started off knowing a spell or two in BBS, so I wouldn't say they were "stronger" than real trained Keyblade wielders.

Honestly, I think your looking too much into this...so yeah I think they started off with a pretty clean slate. Having basic spells isn't a big deal, especially given the large amount of awesome spells in this game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think you're just taking the words "clean slate" a bit too literally.

Decrith

I think the Clean Slate is basically the Command Deck, Seeing as its very different from the gameplay in KH1 & KH2. And yea, don't take it too seriously, I think it was just used to show that the game is going stick with Command Decks moving forward.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
He told them that since they were self-taught (Using the action menu from the first two games) they had to re-learn how to use the keyblade the right way (Command system). That's what he meant. They started off with very basic commands and learned at a pace depending on their Dream Eaters, they had a low number of slots just like in BbS at the beginning.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The BBS-crew also started out with a few attacks already and I think only Terra didn't have a spell in the beginning.

Aqua had several spells already and Ventus started with an Aero-spell, his signature element besides Light., so there isn't much of a difference to the starting decks in DDD.

One should also not forget that Terra, Aqua and Ventus had access to command styles (their personal ones) and shotlocks from the very beginning while Sora and Riku have to power up using their Dream Eaters.

Blobbit

Awards
He told them that since they were self-taught (Using the action menu from the first two games) they had to re-learn how to use the keyblade the right way (Command system). That's what he meant. They started off with very basic commands and learned at a pace depending on their Dream Eaters, they had a low number of slots just like in BbS at the beginning.

That makes the most sense to me; although I never thought the battle systems were actually canon. The "new power" that I was thinking Sora and Riku were gonna get were shotlocks or Keyblade Gliders. Do you think that Sora and Riku will be able to use these in the future?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
So Nomura has a reason for them starting the game weaker than they were in the end of KH2. Nomura always wants a reason for Sora starting at lvl 1 each game

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
The action commands are not cannon. Nomura always wants to have a different feel to the gameplay for each portable game, while keeping the same method of gameplay for the big number games. KH3 will have the same action menu as KH1 & 2. If things like that were cannon, why wouldn't Sora have all of his keychains from KH1 in KH2? While his memories were erased, his possessions weren't.

SuperSailorEarth

So Nomura has a reason for them starting the game weaker than they were in the end of KH2. Nomura always wants a reason for Sora starting at lvl 1 each game

Now I really wonder what his excuse for KH3 will be. Sora already has the makings of a Keyblade Master, the fact that he did not get the title struck out to me as more of a useless formality (same goes for Terra.).

iLeen

Awards
Now I really wonder what his excuse for KH3 will be. Sora already has the makings of a Keyblade Master, the fact that he did not get the title struck out to me as more of a useless formality (same goes for Terra.).

Maybe you get to play as Kairi for tutorial? Or Lea? They're both beginners when it comes to the Keyblade, so why not learn how to use it alongside them?

And then you eventually play as Sora when Kairi/Lea get better so Sora doesn't seem so noobish. I'm stretching it a bit too far, aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back