• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
[TRAILER TGS 2012] Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- - YouTube I don't know why anybody has made a thread about this. Why do we have to have another KH spinoff? I mean, KH 1.5 Remix is just a collection of KH1, KH 358/2 days, KH Com and pretty much the other games, but what's the point of having this game? Wouldn't we be playing the whole games all over again with the same exact bosses? Will there be added bonuses like how Xehanort formed the first Organization XIII and all the Nobodies' Somebodies prior to becoming Heartless? I mean, why can't we just play KH3 already?

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Re: Is it really needed?

Because we don't make the games and all Square Enix cares about is money. Since people will buy it regardless of whether or not it has a point of existing, they win and we lose.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

How is an HD collection of the games a spin-off at all?

This is an extremely strategic decision for SE. For years there have been fan complaints about the console spread, and now SE is bringing all of these KH games to the PS3 so new fans can enjoy the series and old fans will be able to enjoy new content (KH1FM, HD Days cutscenes).

We can't play KH3, because the team who will be creating the game is working on Versus.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

It'll give new players a chance to delve into the series along with those who are already following the series. If this comes stateside, it will make up for the Final Mixes that were previously exclusive for Japan.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards

How is an HD collection of the games a spin-off at all?

This is an extremely strategic decision for SE. For years there have been fan complaints about the console spread, and now SE is bringing all of these KH games to the PS3 so new fans can enjoy the series and old fans will be able to enjoy new content (KH1FM, HD Days cutscenes).

We can't play KH3, because the team who will be creating the game is working on Versus.

And adding to Taochan's post, PAL territories didn't get Re:COM, so to some the whole collection may be worth it if only just to play Chain of Memories.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know why anybody has made a thread about this.

Well you have now.

Why do we have to have another KH spinoff?

Do you know the meaning of "spinoff" because this HD remaster is not one. It's a remastering of two games on a high definition system + HD cutscenes.

I mean, KH 1.5 Remix is just a collection of KH1, KH 358/2 days, KH Com and pretty much the other games, but what's the point of having this game? Wouldn't we be playing the whole games all over again with the same exact bosses? Will there be added bonuses like how Xehanort formed the first Organization XIII and all the Nobodies' Somebodies prior to becoming Heartless? I mean, why can't we just play KH3 already?

It seems you haven't been keeping up with the information that has come out about this game. It has Final Mix included, which was never released outside of Japan and contains additional boss fights and cutscenes. In this HD remaster, it will also include some changes to the gameplay system (i.e. camera reassigned to right analog stick, fourth command removed and reassigned to triangle)

Re:Chain of Memories was never released in Europe and Australia, so this is a chance for them to play the game. Also 358/2 Days being redone as high definition cutscenes is a plus. It's a way to let fans who have complained the games were spread out on various systems catch up with the story, as well as experience the games in "never-before seen detail".

This is probably the smartest thing SE has done in years, honestly.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I don't see why you're complaining, nobody is going to force you to play this game.You can easily just ignore it and wait for the next game if it's annoying you that much. Infact, you can even play KHPC! If KH1.5 is a spinoff then what does that mean for KHPC?

Besides, this game is perfect for those who couldn't play Re:COM (like me...) and for those who haven't got into the series before because of the console spread. There's also so many improvements to the original games AND we get to see FM content.

Asking for KH3 isn't going to make it appear faster, I'd rather wait for something perfect than be given something right now that's crappy.

Oh, and just wait until KH2.5... C:

Sacred X

Freshmeat
No, it's not needed, but we're getting it anyway. It's mainly a benefit for diehard fans of the Kingdom Hearts series. Re-releasing games is a major point of the KH series sadly enough.

For non-JP fans who never imported the Final Mix, this is a minor detail to look forward too. Though it would be funny if it doesn't get released outside of Japan.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
No, it's not needed, but we're getting it anyway. It's mainly a benefit for diehard fans of the Kingdom Hearts series. Re-releasing games is a major point of the KH series sadly enough.

For non-JP fans who never imported the Final Mix, this is a minor detail to look forward too. Though it would be funny if it doesn't get released outside of Japan.

Yes, that's true. I wonder if they are going to include Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix into the game, because not many KH fans got to play the game. I actually tried to import it, but there was a problem. One, I needed Swap Magic for the game as well as an English patch. Two, when I did try to import it got mixed up with Birth By Sleep. Last, I would really like to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Final Mix for the PS2, but you have to have swap magic for it, because of the overseas blockade or something like that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
BBSFM won't be included in this collection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yes, because diehard fans really need the games on one system even though the complaint was from the more casual fanbase.

I can assure you out of the millions of KH sales, maybe 1% of them imported FM.

lololololol it not coming out of japan lolololol that's cute

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Nomura wanted to remake 358/2 Days but didn't because it would take too much time to rework it. Therefore we're getting what's in 1.5 (which has been in the works for a bit now) so that no more unnecessary time is taken that could be spent on KH3.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The remaining games are very likely to be in a second collection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura and the others could have at least collected KHBBSFM, KHFM, KH Re:Com, KH 358/2 Days and KH2FM all on the same game.

That's why KH 2.5 will be made with KH2, BBSFM, and (probs) Re:coded HD Theater. While Square Enix COULD collect all six games on one system, you know how long we'd be waiting for it? This has been in development in secret for at least two years now. We wouldn't have seen this until 2014 at the earliest, and I thought you all want KH3?

Let the Osaka team do their work. This is a GIFT to the fans, not something you should be complaining about.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Nomura and the others could have at least collected KHBBSFM, KHFM, KH Re:Com, KH 358/2 Days and KH2FM all on the same game.

Nomura actually mentioned before that it would be awkward if they didn't do HD remasters of the rest of the games so they definitely will do that in the future.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
HD collections are actually pretty cool, especially if you are diehard fan, don't have the games anymore, or just simply never played them.

I bought the MGS HD collection and haven't regretted it at all. If you already have all the games in your possession this might not be worth it for you, obviously, but i don't think this is a waste of SE's time at all.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
They should have just done KH I, Re:CoM, KH II, and maybe Birth by Sleep on one disc. The cutscenes for Coded and Days (maybe 3D too?) are whatever. Should have just done journal entries explaining the stories of those games like they did in KH3D. Hopefully SE won't diddly over other regions and actually include Final Mix this time. If not, fans are basically paying $80 (1.5 + 2.5) for trophies; especially those who own the games and a PS2, which is a common thing.

I guess it's a cool thing for getting new people into the series and hyped for KH III, but as a fan for ten years, I'd rather just have one disc with the four PlayStation games (the only ones that REALLY matter, aside from 3D) and their Final Mix editions.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's why KH 2.5 will be made with KH2, BBSFM, and (probs) Re:coded HD Theater. While Square Enix COULD collect all six games on one system, you know how long we'd be waiting for it? This has been in development in secret for at least two years now. We wouldn't have seen this until 2014 at the earliest, and I thought you all want KH3?

Let the Osaka team do their work. This is a GIFT to the fans, not something you should be complaining about.

Seriously, it would take that long? Glad it's coming next year. But agree with everything. Some people have complain about the console spread and this is a chance to have KH1, COM, and DAYSb in one place then the other three games. Plus the EU players haven't played RECom and most english players never played Final Mix. KH3 isn't the end of the world.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
They should have just done KH I, Re:CoM, KH II, and maybe Birth by Sleep on one disc. The cutscenes for Coded and Days (maybe 3D too?) are whatever. Should have just done journal entries explaining the stories of those games like they did in KH3D. Hopefully SE won't diddly over other regions and actually include Final Mix this time. If not, fans are basically paying $80 (1.5 + 2.5) for trophies; especially those who own the games and a PS2, which is a common thing.

I guess it's a cool thing for getting new people into the series and hyped for KH III, but as a fan for ten years, I'd rather just have one disc with the four PlayStation games (the only ones that REALLY matter, aside from 3D) and their Final Mix editions.

[TRAILER TGS 2012] Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- - YouTube I don't know why anybody has made a thread about this. Why do we have to have another KH spinoff? I mean, KH 1.5 Remix is just a collection of KH1, KH 358/2 days, KH Com and pretty much the other games, but what's the point of having this game? Wouldn't we be playing the whole games all over again with the same exact bosses? Will there be added bonuses like how Xehanort formed the first Organization XIII and all the Nobodies' Somebodies prior to becoming Heartless? I mean, why can't we just play KH3 already?

I just wanted to say that I disagree with you both. I've also been a fan for ten years and I'm quite happy to receive what will be in this collection. Days was my favorite game in the series so I'm very excited about those cut-scenes. SE tries to make all the fans happy, but it's impossible when none of them are ever satisfied. At least they're trying (even if it really is just for them to make money). It just annoys me to see so many KH fans complaining all the time. If the series isn't making some fans happy anymore then don't play it. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back