• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: Is it really needed?

Because we don't make the games and all Square Enix cares about is money. Since people will buy it regardless of whether or not it has a point of existing, they win and we lose.

so much fail in one post. Square enix is a company and they have to care about money in order to stay afloat.

Now, the HD collection is to do two things. Maybe three.

1. Brig the series back to home consoles

2. Make the story accessible to fans who never bought the portable titles

3. Invite new fans to start from the beginning.

The real question is "why would HD 1.5 *not* be needed?'

That's why KH 2.5 will be made with KH2, BBSFM, and (probs) Re:coded HD Theater. While Square Enix COULD collect all six games on one system, you know how long we'd be waiting for it? This has been in development in secret for at least two years now. We wouldn't have seen this until 2014 at the earliest, and I thought you all want KH3?

Let the Osaka team do their work. This is a GIFT to the fans, not something you should be complaining about.

This. A gift to a bunch of fans who are never satisfied and whine even when they get what they want like a million Verucas.

Also, if they were to include all the games on one collection, that would be too expensive for the consumers like us, and people would complain more.

Last edited:

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Agreed. While I love to buy a 80$ collection of all six games together, I'm a college student and need money for food and needs. So I want to have the first three next year and save up for the other three the year after that.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't see a problem here. KH is a ten year old series that suffers from console spread and some games being country exclusive so this gives people an opportunity to play KH games without having to import or pirate them. It's not setting back KH3 or any other KH game, it's a remaster of previous KH games so you don't have to play it if you don't wan't to either and you won't miss anything story-wise because the extra cutscenes and what not have been floating around the internet for years. This is also a good way to get newcomers into the story as it has the first two games and the cutscenes for Days in chronological order so it's set up to try and make it easy for people to get into.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am just so baffled. SE is putting so much energy into this HD collection (I mean we could have easily gotten some crap like the DMC HD Collection) and people still complain over everything.

They should have just done KH I, Re:CoM, KH II, and maybe Birth by Sleep on one disc. The cutscenes for Coded and Days (maybe 3D too?) are whatever. Should have just done journal entries explaining the stories of those games like they did in KH3D. Hopefully SE won't diddly over other regions and actually include Final Mix this time. If not, fans are basically paying $80 (1.5 + 2.5) for trophies; especially those who own the games and a PS2, which is a common thing.

I guess it's a cool thing for getting new people into the series and hyped for KH III, but as a fan for ten years, I'd rather just have one disc with the four PlayStation games (the only ones that REALLY matter, aside from 3D) and their Final Mix editions.

It would be a shame to do something like that considering all of the games in the series matter in some shape or form. Personally Re:coded is one of my favorite games from the series, so if I get the chance to experience it in 2-3 hour worth of cutscenes in a second collection, I will be extremely pleased. Journal entries are far more boring than getting to actually experience the story, in my opinion.

I still can't stop laughing at the fact people think they would remove the Final Mix content. It's ridiculous.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I am just so baffled. SE is putting so much energy into this HD collection (I mean we could have easily gotten some crap like the DMC HD Collection) and people still complain over everything.

That's the KH fandom for you. (Or at least a part of it)
A bunch of ungrateful whiners who always find something to nitpick about, including those who still continue to whine for KH III every second sentence and dismissing stuff as "spin off" without having really a clue what they are talking about.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
[TRAILER TGS 2012] Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- - YouTube I don't know why anybody has made a thread about this. Why do we have to have another KH spinoff? I mean, KH 1.5 Remix is just a collection of KH1, KH 358/2 days, KH Com and pretty much the other games, but what's the point of having this game? Wouldn't we be playing the whole games all over again with the same exact bosses? Will there be added bonuses like how Xehanort formed the first Organization XIII and all the Nobodies' Somebodies prior to becoming Heartless? I mean, why can't we just play KH3 already?

No it's not necessary but it doesn't hurt. Only two people from the KH team have been working on KH 1.5 HD Remix and it's already almost done.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

It would be a shame to do something like that considering all of the games in the series matter in some shape or form. Personally Re:coded is one of my favorite games from the series, so if I get the chance to experience it in 2-3 hour worth of cutscenes in a second collection, I will be extremely pleased. Journal entries are far more boring than getting to actually experience the story, in my opinion.

I still can't stop laughing at the fact people think they would remove the Final Mix content. It's ridiculous.

This.

This is like the antithesis of the DMC HD collection.

Everything about those ports we're lazy.

This will probably be up there with the MGSHD Collection.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Of course 1.5 isn't needed. But that doesn't mean it's a bad thing either. HD Collections are the answer to the series many problems, such as the console spread, lack of games on home consoles, and the inability to play the past games. Additionally, it treats the Western countries to Final Mix content, makes some gameplay improvements for everyone, and then, obviously, HD. This collection is only good.

Zul

Awards
One reason for this complaining is that people have this idealized version of KH3 as if it will be "the" perfect KH game.

1. Square will not suddenly gain twice the development time for KH3
2. Square will not suddenly get twice the money and staff/resources for KH3
3. Square's KH3 team will not suddenly become inspired to work ten times harder, they likely put their hearts into every game they make.

KH3 will probably be just around the same game as KH2, imagine KH2+flomotion.

After it is released, people will start complaining about it not being their idealized dream-game for about two more years.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Also, 1.5 not having all the games everyone wants. e.g.:

"Why can't it have KH1, KH2, and, BbS instead!? Then it will be worth my money!"

Dr_Mario64

One reason for this complaining is that people have this idealized version of KH3 as if it will be "the" perfect KH game.

3. Square's KH3 team will not suddenly become inspired to work ten times harder, they likely put their hearts into every game they make.

After it is released, people will start complaining about it not being their idealized dream-game for about two more years.

Such is the way of sequels. Some people will complain about changing too much. Others will complain about changing too little. Suddenly, the credits roll and we're all putty in Square's hands. I've seen this scenario a million times. People will always be expecting "the next big thing". They set their hopes high then get crushed when they find KH3 isn't the game they expect it to be. I try to warn them. I always say, "You're expecting too much from this game. You're gonna get burned!" But do they listen? Nooooooooooooo...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Not necessarily needed, but still very nice. I'd be happy if I didn't have to hook up my ps2 , which has controllers that don't always work, every time I wanted to play KH.
That's the KH fandom for you. (Or at least a part of it)
A bunch of ungrateful whiners who always find something to nitpick about, including those who still continue to whine for KH III every second sentence and dismissing stuff as "spin off" without having really a clue what they are talking about.
More like "That's a fandom for you". Fans no matter what fandom they're from, whine and complain a lot. Ours just also has a stupid fixation on numbered games.

I think this sums it up nicely, it probably doesn't help that it's been 6 years since KH2. KH3 will most likely be a little more then just KH2+flowmotion+desk commands seeing the story is somewhat better build up to and it's the finale of the Seeker of Darkness Chronicals.
Also I think it's not just that they idealized the game, but also that they've gotten it into their head, that only numbered titles are relevant. Personally I don't care when KH3 comes out as long as the story progresses like it has so far and we get good games.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I much preferred KH1 to KH2 so I would rather have KH1 + Flowmotion. KH2 had a lot of problems that people on these forums have pointed out and disliked, so I'm really hoping they do something along the lines of what at least fixing those parts (AKA Disney worlds being pointless, Reaction Commands being too easy, among other things...)

Such is the way of sequels. Some people will complain about changing too much. Others will complain about changing too little. Suddenly, the credits roll and we're all putty in Square's hands. I've seen this scenario a million times. People will always be expecting "the next big thing". They set their hopes high then get crushed when they find KH3 isn't the game they expect it to be. I try to warn them. I always say, "You're expecting too much from this game. You're gonna get burned!" But do they listen? Nooooooooooooo...

This will definitely happen for a majority of the people. I'm almost waiting for those great comments on forums like "That's it! I'm done with Square Enix! They kept me waiting over 21 years for KH3 and now the game sucks! I can't stand them! I'm so mad right now that I'm gonna go burn my disc and instead go buy a copy of Final Fantasy!!! Yeah, that'll teach Square Enix!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back