• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I much preferred KH1 to KH2 so I would rather have KH1 + Flowmotion. KH2 had a lot of problems that people on these forums have pointed out and disliked, so I'm really hoping they do something along the lines of what at least fixing those parts (AKA Disney worlds being pointless, Reaction Commands being too easy, among other things...)
True KH1 handled the worlds and story better so it would be preferable if it were KH1+flowmotion+desk commands.

This will definitely happen for a majority of the people. I'm almost waiting for those great comments on forums like "That's it! I'm done with Square Enix! They kept me waiting over 21 years for KH3 and now the game sucks! I can't stand them! I'm so mad right now that I'm gonna go burn my disc and instead go buy a copy of Final Fantasy!!! Yeah, that'll teach Square Enix!!!"

Haha. Oh man, I can totally see posts things like this being posted here.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Look at it this way: these ideals that people see in KH3 and think will happen are the exact same type of ideals that SE listed as reasons for NOT remaking FF7.

Be glad we're getting KH3.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Look at it this way: these ideals that people see in KH3 and think will happen are the exact same type of ideals that SE listed as reasons for NOT remaking FF7.Be glad we're getting KH3.
Absolutely true. I'm fine with KH3 any way I can get it. All I care about is beating the crap out of MX! >:D

Zul

Awards
I much preferred KH1 to KH2 so I would rather have KH1 + Flowmotion.

I'm more referring to the overall quality of the game in regards to dialogue and pacing and whatnot. Basically, expect KH3 to be around the same quality as previous games, not unrealistically higher.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Personally I don't care when KH3 comes out as long as the story progresses like it has so far and we get good games.

Well, Kingdom Hearts 3 is (presumably) the only title left for this saga that will be furthering the story.... so better start caring! 8D

Fanbases like KH will never get their dream of a 'perfect' game/what ever.

Not just fanbases like KH, but any fanbase that's series is continuing. If something is standalone, people a lot of the time will praise it, and find the flaws to be something memorable. But with something continuing, there always be differences from the last thing, thus people will complain.

But I don't think that's a bad thing either. We shouldn't shut our mouths and let them spoon feed us. It's just when the complaining is about something minor (or plainly stupid, eg. DISNEY IS FOR KIDS) that it's a problem.

Likewise, praise can get out of hand too. I've seen way too many people call KH's overall story something like "deep." No... just no. It's not terrible, and it's likeable, but to hold it as the best thing ever is just as annoying as the people that think it's the worst thing ever because of how convoluted it is.

Absolutely true. I'm fine with KH3 any way I can get it. All I care about is beating the crap out of MX! >:D

If only more people shared this view. :D

I share the same view as well.

I don't mean to be offensive, but that's kinda dumb. I mean, yeah, woo hoo, KH3 is gonna happen, but to be fine with it just because it has the title KH3 is a bit sheepish. It's completely okay to be disappointed when a game is of low quality.

Zul

Awards
It's completely okay to be disappointed when a game is of low quality.

Except in this case you'll have a mass of people being disappointed with a game only because they hyped it to be unrealistically better than it will likely be.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Luap, or to be disappointed when a game doesn't meet the gamer's expectations.

Well, there it depends if the expectations are reasonable or not. If it's something unreasonable, like expecting KH3 to be the best game of all time, then they shouldn't have put their expectations to be that high in the first place.

Except in this case you'll have a mass of people being disappointed with a game only because they hyped it to be unrealistically better than it will likely be.

There's no "except." Both groups of people, the over hyped and the people who follow something sheepishly, aren't acting reasonably.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
All I meant was that as long as KH3 isn't lower quality than KH1/2, I'll be happy just to see the end of the saga, and beat MX to a pulp, like he deserves. When it's over, we can take a break relaxing until they start the next saga, or move on to other things. And I know KH isn't the best thing in the world, but it isn't the worst, either.

Arpack

Awards
It should be better. Is it true you get to create your own charater in this one?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It should be better. Is it true you get to create your own charater in this one?

No, you're thinking of the currently unnamed PC browser social game. You can make your own adorable little avatar and explore, fighting enemies with a new card-based battle system.

Xircs-Number I

The Kingdom hearts series is in my OPINION the best game series ever. but KH 1.5 is the most pointless idea since the snuggie.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Kingdom hearts series is in my OPINION the best game series ever. but KH 1.5 is the most pointless idea since the snuggie.
HD collections are fantastic because they can bring in a new audience, they can bring several games that players were unable to obtain (due to console spread or lack of availability) together on one console, and they can have new additions for long time fans.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
All I meant was that as long as KH3 isn't lower quality than KH1/2, I'll be happy just to see the end of the saga, and beat MX to a pulp, like he deserves. When it's over, we can take a break relaxing until they start the next saga, or move on to other things.
I completely agree! I don't expect KH3 to be perfect but I don't want it to be the worst in the series either.

Pointless to you maybe but when you think about it, the HD collection is helping a lot of fans out.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
All I meant was that as long as KH3 isn't lower quality than KH1/2, I'll be happy just to see the end of the saga, and beat MX to a pulp, like he deserves. When it's over, we can take a break relaxing until they start the next saga, or move on to other things. And I know KH isn't the best thing in the world, but it isn't the worst, either.

Well, yeah. Obviously it's going to be held to the same minimum of quality as the others (Nomura's too much of a perfectionist to let anything lesser happen), and to beat MX once and for all. I'm just not hyping it up to the point where nothing will ever meet those expectations.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Pointless to you maybe but when you think about it, the HD collection is helping a lot of fans out.

Exactly, especially when we also consider that it finally addresses the wide console spread so many people are unsatisfied with and brings it on one system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back