• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DivineRose269

I'll laugh so hard at the dumb people who just because of stubborness didn't play any of the non-numbered "spin offs" and will get confused as hell about the story when kh3 comes out. I was at some website once and there was this guy who didn't know that any of the handhelds were important. I could just see the look on his face, poor guy... Bringing it together like this is an awesome idea, especially with BBS in the second collection (probably)
With BBS being the most important handheld storywise.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'll laugh so hard at the dumb people who just because of stubborness didn't play any of the non-numbered "spin offs" and will get confused as hell about the story when kh3 comes out. I was at some website once and there was this guy who didn't know that any of the handhelds were important. I could just see the look on his face, poor guy... Bringing it together like this is an awesome idea, especially with BBS in the second collection (probably)
With BBS being the most important handheld storywise.

You can laugh, but why? Do you realize this world/country(where ever you might be) we live in. Do you realize the economic woes that most countries face?

Honestly I never played 358/2 Days, Re:coded, or DDD does that make me dumb or stubborn hell naw.

In fact at least based on many opinions off this site it's a great thing I never played either 358/2 or Re:coded hearing opinions like these games don't effect the story either way if you remove them is pretty strong.

Edit: Plus thing is I don't own 3DS or DS simple as that don't want either.

As far as this thread is concerned now I can judge for myself just how good/bad this series really is or if it's mediocre. Cause for one I don't own a Ps2 anymore died on me a year ago.

Sometimes the praise for this series goes too far though at least from this forum. It does have good games, but some aren't that good as people try to defend.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You can laugh, but why? Do you realize this world/country(where ever you might be) we live in. Do you realize the economic woes that most countries face?

Honestly I never played 358/2 Days, Re:coded, or DDD does that make me dumb or stubborn hell naw.

In fact at least based on many opinions off this site it's a great thing I never played either 358/2 or Re:coded hearing opinions like these games don't effect the story either way if you remove them is pretty strong.

Edit: Plus thing is I don't own 3DS or DS simple as that don't want either.

As far as this thread is concerned now I can judge for myself just how good/bad this series really is or if it's mediocre. Cause for one I don't own a Ps2 anymore died on me a year ago.

Sometimes the praise for this series goes too far though at least from this forum. It does have good games, but some aren't that good as people try to defend.

If you remove Days you're actually missing some pretty big info now, loathe am I to admit it. Even Re:coded has gained a bit more of an importance (considering it was our last big hint that anything can develop a heart even if they aren't a natural being) Before KH3D I wouldn't have said that, but when Nomura said KH3D would bridge all of the games together before KH3, he was very much right.

DivineRose269

I wasn't saying anyone, whatever reasons they had not playing them, was dumb or stubborn, I was referring to the people that just because they are non-numbered titles they just call them "spin offs" and refuse to play them. But if I offended you by calling you dumb and stubborn (wich I didn't) I apologize. I don't know why you started bringing up economics though, you don't think I go around calling people with bad economics dumb and stubborn?

Again, sorry if I offended you.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't saying anyone, whatever reasons they had not playing them, was dumb or stubborn, I was referring to the people that just because they are non-numbered titles they just call them "spin offs" and refuse to play them. But if I offended you by calling you dumb and stubborn (wich I didn't) I apologize. I don't know why you started bringing up economics though, you don't think I go around calling people with bad economics dumb and stubborn?

Again, sorry if I offended you.

He's just saying that the situation isn't as one-sided as "people refusing to play handheld titles because they're not important." Not everyone can afford to play all these games.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
He's just saying that the situation isn't as one-sided as "people refusing to play handheld titles because they're not important." Not everyone can afford to play all these games.

Thanks Sign that is exactly what was implied.

@ Master Spockanort

I didn't really know that, but even still like I said in my mind the HD collection gives me a chance to really see if this series is good/mediocre/or bad.

I'm going to lean towards mediocre because I still haven't gotten over the travesty of KH2(To an extent 358/2 Days as well although only heard this word of mouth two of my roommates we're telling me to stay away from it). At the same token I did enjoy BBS.

DivineRose269

Of course there are people who can't afford the games and consoles (including myself) but I'm talking about other people that can afford it but they're just plainly refusing to play the handheld "spin offs" just because they're not numbered. They're gonna get really confused about kh3.

Edit: Also, the guy I was talking about erlier was one of those people. He said that he hadn't cared about the handhelds and he was surprised when someone told him that some were actually really important if you wanted to understand the future plot.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Of course there are people who can't afford the games and consoles (including myself) but I'm talking about other people that can afford it but they're just plainly refusing to play the handheld "spin offs" just because they're not numbered. They're gonna get really confused about kh3.

There are those people and those, and probably a third and a fourth faction who didn't play some titles out of other reasons.
Nonetheless, this HD Remix is exactly one of those chances to remedy that since it brings the whole series to one console, and most likely with the Final Mix-content as well.
Especially in terms of KH2 several important plot points where only addressed in the Final Mix.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Edit: Also, the guy I was talking about erlier was one of those people. He said that he hadn't cared about the handhelds and he was surprised when someone told him that some were actually really important if you wanted to understand the future plot.

See I think you give the KH series a little too much credit cause you're making it sound as if the game is truly deep. At one point I might have agreed, but after awhile like Lupa911 said on another page it got extremely convoluted.

Like for a long time after Sora got the Keyblade at the beginning of KH1 I thought he was suppose to be the only wielder for example.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
See I think you give the KH series a little too much credit cause you're making it sound as if the game is truly deep. At one point I might have agreed, but after awhile like Lupa911 said on another page it got extremely convoluted.

Like for a long time after Sora got the Keyblade at the beginning of KH1 I thought he was suppose to be the only wielder for example.

Yeah, that's true. It then got kinda old seeing that anybody could be a Keyblade wielder if their heart was pure-enough, instead of just being annointed with being a Keyblade wielder as the case with when Terra annointed Riku a keyblade wielder.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Journal entries are far more boring than getting to actually experience the story, in my opinion.

I still can't stop laughing at the fact people think they would remove the Final Mix content. It's ridiculous.

yeah but they are great for backstory and additional info. in this day and age, skipping reports and databases in any game is not a smart thing to do.

but yeah, the thoughts on Final Mix not being locaqlized is hilariouslol

well, there are those who dont honestly care enough to even watch cutscenes.

Yeah, that's true. It then got kinda old seeing that anybody could be a Keyblade wielder if their heart was pure-enough, instead of just being annointed with being a Keyblade wielder as the case with when Terra annointed Riku a keyblade wielder.

Yeah, but out of those two, really, the idea of master annointing weilder is actually the retcon here, as the Keyblade was shown in KH1 to have a willpower of it`s own. It`s not about purity as much as inner strength. the Friend speech and the fact that there are dark weilders.

Last edited:

ZeldaPokemonFan

I'm in the same situation as Shinjuku and it comes down to money for some of us that's problem with this series. Affording games like Days, Recoded, and BBS are not a problem because they are priced at $20 and cheaper on eBay. The issue is trying afford the systems these games are on. Between 3DS XL ($180), Psp 2000 model ($70) (would like to use the component cable so I could play on the TV), and PS3 ($200) for both KH 1.5 and 2.5. You can see why this is a problem for some of us and I would be kidding myself to think I could own all these. However, I do have access to a DS so getting Days and Recoded should be easy especially now that they are cheap but I wish I could afford a PSP 2000 with the component cables to play BBS. I guess I could wait until KH 2.5 gets released on PS3 because its obvious that it will include KH2 Final Mix and BBS Final Mix in HD. I blame this on Square for trying to make FF13 into a saga otherwise we would have had KH3 or some other main game on the PS3 instead of spread across the handhelds.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I'm in the same situation as Shinjuku and it comes down to money for some of us that's problem with this series. Affording games like Days, Recoded, and BBS are not a problem because they are priced at $20 and cheaper on eBay. The issue is trying afford the systems these games are on. Between 3DS XL ($180), Psp 2000 model ($70) (would like to use the component cable so I could play on the TV), and PS3 ($200) for both KH 1.5 and 2.5. You can see why this is a problem for some of us and I would be kidding myself to think I could own all these. However, I do have access to a DS so getting Days and Recoded should be easy especially now that they are cheap but I wish I could afford a PSP 2000 with the component cables to play BBS. I guess I could wait until KH 2.5 gets released on PS3 because its obvious that it will include KH2 Final Mix and BBS Final Mix in HD. I blame this on Square for trying to make FF13 into a saga otherwise we would have had KH3 or some other main game on the PS3 instead of spread across the handhelds.

That's true. I got my 3DS used for only $129 dollars along with the game. BBS was a pain when it first came out along with the PSP. Lucky for me, I got them both used, but they were both still expensive. Good thing, I can get Days and Re:Coded, because the 3DS plays Nintendo DS games. However, I'd have to buy a used Gameboy Advance or SP to play the original Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. And, that's hard to find if you're not looking on Ebay. And, the PS3, I guess I'm going to have to save my cash for it. Or if not just get one of the older models that can play both PS3 and PS2 games.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura has always planned to make other games that were not KH3 for the series before KH3, and when Nintendo asked he wasn't going to refuse the chance since he was interested in the DS.

Nomura has said this for years. Right after KH2 came out six years ago he said (paraphrasing) "We have no plans to make KH3 now" and "We have plans to make other games in the series before KH3"

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*finger to chin*

Someone correct me when I say this, but Sora wasn't the only weilder in KH1, Riku was Kingdom Key's wielder before he fell to darkness and then Mickey with Kingdom Key D. I think I would get annoyed if Sora was the only Keyblade Wielder, thank god they fixed what a master is now.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
*finger to chin*

Someone correct me when I say this, but Sora wasn't the only weilder in KH1, Riku was Kingdom Key's wielder before he fell to darkness and then Mickey with Kingdom Key D. I think I would get annoyed if Sora was the only Keyblade Wielder, thank god they fixed what a master is now.

Yeah, that's true. It's just getting expensive now and I just wish they would stay with one console, instead of always console hopping. I mean, KH 1.5 and 2.5 would be great, but I just can't afford a PS3 right now.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, that's true. It's just getting expensive now and I just wish they would stay with one console, instead of always console hopping. I mean, KH 1.5 and 2.5 would be great, but I just can't afford a PS3 right now.

The PS2 has no more games released ob it and the PS3 is recent and you could get a used one at Gamestop. Start saving money.

impart

Climb The Sky
Hey now, I haven't been buying the spin-offs, this is not a spin-off, im going to be buying this for sure because

1.) I want to be able to play KH1 on my PS3
2.) KH1 was a good game
3.) its Final Mix

so yes, I need it, its needed, im pretty sure im not the only one here who never got a chance to play KHFM and I actually want this, more so then any other game they have put out/been expected to put out between KH2 and now, aside from KH3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back