• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycat27_2003

Awards
I have the Sly Cooper HD collection and the team who made that did a wonderful job on it. Granted, Cooper wasn't spread out between 15 different consoles (and I'm exaggerating here, I know), but it was nice nostalgia trip for me.

I tried playing KH2 on the PS2 the other day and barely played....so personally, I'm glad this game is coming out and I for one, will be pre-ordering this bad boy the day it's announced that the US is getting it and it's ready for pre-order.

Watching all the cutscenes and playthroughs of the game on YouTube isn't the same as actually playing it, the experience of completing the game, and all the feels in between. I can't tell you how many times I've rage quitted on Xaldin.....

So, is it needed?? Maybe, maybe not. That's all up to the individual person. Is it wanted?? Again, that's all up to the person, but as for me. Oh hell yeah!! :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The PS2 has no more games released ob it and the PS3 is recent and you could get a used one at Gamestop. Start saving money.

Besides that I expect the PS3 will get a price drop soon (if it hasn't recently) if they plan to announce the next-gen PS3 within a few years, and I think that is likely. Perhaps Dreaded_Desire won't be able to get it the second that the games come out, but eventually by the time 2.5 comes out, I would think the PS3 might have a lowered price point and then a used one would be less for both the console and the game itself.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Hey now, I haven't been buying the spin-offs, this is not a spin-off, im going to be buying this for sure because

1.) I want to be able to play KH1 on my PS3
2.) KH1 was a good game
3.) its Final Mix

so yes, I need it, its needed, im pretty sure im not the only one here who never got a chance to play KHFM and I actually want this, more so then any other game they have put out/been expected to put out between KH2 and now, aside from KH3

the only spinoff is the PC browser game. trust me, watch the days cutscenes and you might enjoy them. I already have Final Mix and played days, so those scenes being remade is the biggest reason for me to get this.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
*finger to chin*

Someone correct me when I say this, but Sora wasn't the only weilder in KH1, Riku was Kingdom Key's wielder before he fell to darkness and then Mickey with Kingdom Key D. I think I would get annoyed if Sora was the only Keyblade Wielder, thank god they fixed what a master is now.

We didn't even find that out till the end of the game around Hollow Bastion. The concept of there being dark-wielders was okay for me, but honestly this is starting to get like digimon(long ago not recent) where at the end of season 2 everyone had a digimon actually glad they ended that arc like that though.

Honestly the whole passing a master exam was a bit too far itself.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Besides that I expect the PS3 will get a price drop soon (if it hasn't recently) if they plan to announce the next-gen PS3 within a few years, and I think that is likely. Perhaps Dreaded_Desire won't be able to get it the second that the games come out, but eventually by the time 2.5 comes out, I would think the PS3 might have a lowered price point and then a used one would be less for both the console and the game itself.

Sony has said they won't be dropping the PS3 price anytime soon.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
We didn't even find that out till the end of the game around Hollow Bastion. The concept of there being dark-wielders was okay for me, but honestly this is starting to get like digimon(long ago not recent) where at the end of season 2 everyone had a digimon actually glad they ended that arc like that though.

It's called expanding the series, it would made Sora too special if he was the only weirder. And never bring up Adventure 02's ending, I like to pretend it never happened.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So it is a bad thing for a series to add new elements and expand on its history? Am I getting that right?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
So it is a bad thing for a series to add new elements and expand on its history? Am I getting that right?

It's okay to add new elements got to be done right, and if they were done right I don't think most folks would be complaining about the series like they have been.

As for the last bit passing an exam they could have done better than that. In fact they already did Sora proved himself twice before they added that piece in.

Zul

Awards
There's no "except." Both groups of people, the over hyped and the people who follow something sheepishly, aren't acting reasonably.

You: It's okay to be disappointed with a game of low quality.

Me: There are those who will be disappointed only because of over-hyping it.

That's all I was saying. Though yes, this isn't an "exceptional" case.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's okay to add new elements got to be done right, and if they were done right I don't think most folks would be complaining about the series like they have been.

As for the last bit passing an exam they could have done better than that. In fact they already did Sora proved himself twice before they added that piece in.

The fact is not everybody will be pleased with anything if it had been done right or not, considering opinions are never the same. Even great games have people who criticize them.

It wasn't like Yen Sid or Sora didn't say that in KH3D. They both know he saved the world twice, and Sora says he doesn't see why he and Riku should do the exam. Then Riku says he doesn't know if he believes in himself, so Sora decides to go through with the exam with Riku so they can prove their worth. Yen Sid was really using the MoM as a way to teach Riku and Sora a new skill that will allow them to defeat Xehanort, which they both learn.

misssheep

Europe + Aus Yes they haven't got the Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories PS2 remake

America and Japan. Most likely no unless you want flashy graphics.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Europe + Aus Yes they haven't got the Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories PS2 remake

America and Japan. Most likely no unless you want flashy graphics.

Here's the link to the most recent interview regarding KH 1.5 HD ReMIX. Might want to give it a read before passing it off as just a standard collection with nothing new and just "flashy graphics"?

impart

Climb The Sky
the only spinoff is the PC browser game. trust me, watch the days cutscenes and you might enjoy them. I already have Final Mix and played days, so those scenes being remade is the biggest reason for me to get this.

ahh forgive me, I used the wrong wording I meant to say side game, not spin off, my bad, my bad

*puts up flame shield for calling the handhelds "side games"*

and I played days, I stopped buying the games Nomura has been putting out after BBS, so I only really missed out on DDD and Coded

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, Kingdom Hearts 3 is (presumably) the only title left for this saga that will be furthering the story.... so better start caring! 8D
Don't tell them to start caring now! Tell them to care when it's close to release.

Of course! Wouldn't it be so new and refreshing to keep using the same worlds over and over again?
You, away, go.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The fact is not everybody will be pleased with anything if it had been done right or not, considering opinions are never the same. Even great games have people who criticize them.

It wasn't like Yen Sid or Sora didn't say that in KH3D. They both know he saved the world twice, and Sora says he doesn't see why he and Riku should do the exam. Then Riku says he doesn't know if he believes in himself, so Sora decides to go through with the exam with Riku so they can prove their worth. Yen Sid was really using the MoM as a way to teach Riku and Sora a new skill that will allow them to defeat Xehanort, which they both learn.

Then this is where I would need to have played KH3D, but as of right now I have no intentions of doing so(money reasons/time/college student/etc etc.).

Although people will complain/criticize a game even if good it will be a lot less of it. Plus those criticisms are more so good criticisms. One game I own and can use an example of would be Heavy Rain(fun/awesome game) just that controls are clunky which I think was done like that for a reason.
If they were to make a sequel I would hope they make it not feel so robotic if you will.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Sony has said they won't be dropping the PS3 price anytime soon.

Really? If so, then nevermind that statement lol xP

This is sadly true, in a world where people are so quick to criticize, you will have 4 groups of people:
- Those who love it and no matter what and will deny it has any flaws
- Those who played it but can point out its flaws
- Hipsters who refuse to play it because it is too popular, so they just criticize it to make themselves seem more unique
- Those who don't play it, but see it as stupid and criticize it even those they have no idea what it is really about

It isn't possible to please all those groups because some of them criticize it just because everyone says it is so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back