• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DivineRose269

I actually hope that it's true that we won't have kh3 until versus, I actually plan on buying versus too, it looks awesome enough ;P

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can only imagine the hit Square Enix is taking with those two programmers working on I.5.

Their work has gone by fast. Two programmers working on two full games and Days in a year and they are pretty much done and plan to get this game out early next year? I would not be surprised if they immediately announce 2.5 for the same year considering Osaka's efficiency.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Their work has gone by fast. Two programmers working on two full games and Days in a year and they are pretty much done and plan to get this game out early next year? I would not be surprised if they immediately announce 2.5 for the same year considering Osaka's efficiency.

It's not that hard to scale games, PCSX2 can do it on the fly especially with the game most likely being 720p60 with 2x AA. Model replace and texture replacement is easy when you have access to tools that help you.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So emulators have absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Gotcha. Glad we figured this out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's not that hard to scale games, PCSX2 can do it on the fly especially with the game most likely being 720p60 with 2x AA. Model replace and texture replacement is easy when you have access to tools that help you.

O k a y? What does that have to do with Osaka being efficient and fast?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Emulators do have something to do because I can compare. An emulator can scale instantaneously, obviously S-E Osaka has some upres tool to scale both KHFM and RE:COM. If you want balanced performance on PS3, 720p60 is the way to go. Also the PS3 isn't good at AA so I expect at least 2x MSAA which is what the PS2 game needs anyway. The only hard parts I can think of programming are the battle system changes, integrating games in one game, and optimization for the PS3's cell processor & GPU. So all that I can commend those two programmers for going so fast.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Did they really say that Days remake is done by the same guys? I'd think they'd have more animators for that.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
They didn't say they weren't. Just assuming on that since all Nomura said was that two programmers were working on 1.5.

That's probably for gameplay, textures and model switching, but I've always viewed game development for cutscenes more like how they make a movie. The people who make the models and program the rigs, the set designers, but more importantly camera department, storyboard artists and specific cutscene animators. in CGI, it takes an animator about a week to get a few seconds done, and they might even work on multiple characters in the same shot, so I dont think the people who are doing Days are necessarily the same as the ones doing the remastering. It's a load of work.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No longer excited by this, just found out 358/2 Days is only going to have movie video in it, no gameplay whatsoever

We've known this since the initial announcement. Did you really want to play Days over?

^Spoiler in sig. It burns!!!!

Spoiler ban was lifted last month

JustSnilloc

^Spoiler in sig. It burns!!!!

Eh, seeing a stillframe or knowing a simple fact that exists as a spoiler, is hardly "ruining" much... Know how it happens, what leads up to it, why things are that way - Those things are the true spoilers, a simple stillframe or fact is just a teaser

Azerty

When I first heard about KH HD 1.5 Remix, I was pretty much like the OP. Then, the more I thought it about, the more I kind of warmed up to the idea. After all, Square Enix is making SOME gameplay tweaks in the battle system. Not to mention, this is the Final Mix version of the game, which is a version that most American players haven't played, I can forgive it. And I didn't even pick up the Re:CoM game for the PS2 because I didn't honestly care for CoM in the first place. Still, if Square Enix does bring this to NA, I would probably pick it up because I simply adore the first Kingdom Hearts.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Do we really need our favourite movies remastered in HD? Why don't we just stick with our DVD's, or better yet our VHS' for those of us who are old enough to actually own some? All joking aside, there are loads of people who are yet to see certain movies, play certain games and listen to certain music. They will want to buy and experience older stuff with modern technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back