• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu Details on KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Happy holidays, everybody! I hope you are all enjoying the the new Jump Festa 2013 trailer of KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 ReMIX that was released earlier today!

New information has come in from the 1/17 issue of Famitsu that comes out tomorrow in Japan, and thanks to Zephyr we now have translations of those details. As already mentioned earlier this week, new features have been added to KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX, including updated HD character models and textures, English audio being replaced by Japanese audio, PlayStation 3 trophies, and a custom theme for finishing the game. Abilities like Zero EXP and Combo Master, which allows you to perform combos without stopping or missing, have been added as well. The camera has been mapped to the right analog stick, special abilities can be performed with the triangle button like "Talk", and "Magic" and "Summon" are now separate commands. Also, others like Aerith/Leon/etc. and various Disney characters are NPCs.

As well as the many changes and additions made for the remastering of KINGDOM HEARTS, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days being featured in Famitsu, some of the staff involved with the HD remaster have made a few insightful comments:

Character Art Director - Gen Kobayashi
-Many things are rebuilt into high HD resolution.
-The widescreen is beautiful and comfortable to play.
-The feeling I get playing it feels fresh, even for those who have played the PS2 version.
-Trophies and custom themes are also available.

Character, Osaka Team Leader - Toru Yamazaki
-The voices are still beautiful to hear even during the time they were first made.
-We aimed to match the quality of games after KINGDOM HEARTS II, the texture resolution is upscaled in accordance to them.

Programmer - Sumio Nasu
-No one remembers how to use the program 10 years ago. After trial and error, I finally came to operate it.
-Since I have expertise of this, I want to work on the next remastering.
-You can skip event cutscenes

KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX will be released March 14th 2013 in Japan.

Source: hokanko-alt

Sorarocks93

Awards
Nice that you can skip cutscenes... Not that I need to.
After all, who can get enough of the amazing HDness this game will bring?

PS: This day gets better and better.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
-No one remembers how to use the program 10 years ago. After trial and error, I finally came to operate it.
I find that so adorable!!!

Silent hero_

Awards
Also, others like Aerith/Leon/etc. and various Disney characters are NPCs.

Weren't they NPCs from before? It would be cool if they add even more NPCs into KH1, but the current amount is good enough. Btw, do you think they will add critical mode considering the Zero Exp abilitie is in the game?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Boy they love to hammer that trophies point home, even though it goes without saying since Trophy support is a PS3 mandate.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Even clearer confirmation that there will be another HD collection for the rest of the games, as if that wasn't clear enough already.

Still, this means that the next HD collection will probably not take as much time to develop, since the character models are already more up to date, they don't need to fix as much and they already have the expertise from this one.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Even clearer confirmation that there will be another HD collection for the rest of the games, as if that wasn't clear enough already.

Still, this means that the next HD collection will probably not take as much time to develop, since the character models are already more up to date, they don't need to fix as much and they already have the expertise from this one.

The more the merrier lol. Hopefully that is the case. Since Sumio Nasu comments on another remaster, that also makes it more clearer they will do the other three games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Skip the cutscenes? for me, no thanks!!

It tends to be handy when you happen to die and before the start of the fight was a cutscene. I used to hate sitting through a cutscene if I died a lot. Like in Hollow Bastion I had trouble with Ansem!Riku and I hated having to sit through the whole "It is I, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness" and "There's no way I'm letting you take Kairi's heart!" over and over.

Or if you are doing a speedrun of the game.

Last edited:

guybrushgurl

I also always died right before fighting the Cave of Wonders and had to sit through that cutscene over and over and over. Although, now that I think about it, I can't remember if that was the first game or the second. Hmm.....

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Combo Master, which allows you to perform combos without stopping or missing,

That sounds...wonderful.. where has this ability been all my kh related life?

You can skip event cutscenes

Awesome! Now when Riku/Ansem kills me with extreme prejudice *in hd!!!* I won't have to sit through a ten minute cutscene before our rematch!

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It tends to be handy when you happen to die and before the start of the fight was a cutscene. I used to hate sitting through a cutscene if I died a lot. Like in Hollow Bastion I had trouble with Ansem!Riku and I hated having to sit through the whole "It is I, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness" and "There's no way I'm letting you take Kairi's heart!" over and over.

"Kairi...Kairi's a princess?". This dialogue is forever stuck in my head.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I used to hate sitting through a cutscene if I died a lot. Like in Hollow Bastion I had trouble with Ansem!Riku and I hated having to sit through the whole "It is I, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness" and "There's no way I'm letting you take Kairi's heart!" over and over.

I beat him on my first try. I guess I was lucky. :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Maybe they added the option where you can either go back to before the cutscene, or start right at the start of the boss fight

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
"Kairi...Kairi's a princess?". This dialogue is forever stuck in my head.

lol I can't stop hearing "This is it! This power! Darkness...true darkness!" *cue music* Badummmmm- dadadadada!!! Maleficent's dragon, so difficult before I realized she was affected by Stop -__-

I beat him on my first try. I guess I was lucky. :D

I beat him on my first try as well, can't say the same for Maleficent's Dragon.

Voltron

Silver Member
This may be a dumb question, but are they going to alter the menu screen and load screen? Will these two features remain the same or will they be changed to match the screens in KHII, re:CoM, etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back