• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where did it ever say? (maybe spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbladewielder

Awards
I think it depends. I don't remember what color Riku's eyes were while he was being possessed, but Terra's eyes were. ( sorry if you haven't played kh3d yet, warning, spoilers) near the end in kh3d, when their rescuing sora, Isa tries to attack lea, and when it shows his face, his eyes aren't golden/yellow( whichever u prefer) xigbar/braig's eyes are yellow, but they were that way before xehanort. I think to get the yellow eyes , xehanort would need to possess u directly. He wasn't possessing the organization directly because he just DIVIDED his heart among them.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Yellow eyes isn't necessarily darkness. I believe Nomura stated that the yellow eyes symbolized that person was CONNECTED to Xehanort, but not necessarily possessed by him. Ex, Xigbar, Saix, and Terranort having yellow eyes due to Xehanort's influence, but xehanort himself does not

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like KeyofEvil'sBane said, gold eyes represent a connection to Xehanort. The main connection would be by having a piece of his Heart.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
It was an explanation made up by the fans to explain the relation between certain characters and Darkness. However, the real explanation is that yellow eyes and pointy ears represent a connection with Xehanort.

State

Awards
It was an explanation made up by the fans to explain the relation between certain characters and Darkness. However, the real explanation is that yellow eyes and pointy ears represent a connection with Xehanort.

Connections with darkness and/or Xehanort altering one's appearance starting boiling when the Gathering after we saw Terra changing when he submitted to darkness.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
...that yellow eyes are an effect of darkness staining the heart? I remember reading something like that, just don't recall from where

As far as I remember it was always a widely accepted fan interpretation, nothing really official in any shape or form. Also since BBS Ultimania cleared it up with outright stating that yellow/golden eyes = Xehanort-Connection.

I don't know why this "yellow eyes = darkness"-bit still goes around that strong despite being disproven by official material by now.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I thought Nomura mentioned it in an interview a long time ago. I could be mistaken.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
I thought Nomura mentioned it in an interview a long time ago. I could be mistaken.

He did.

Nomura said:
-- Comparing the Organization members when they were human to when they were in the Organization, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-colored eyes - why is this?

Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

Source: Funnily enough, it's your own website.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Vəntus;5949488 said:
I was talking about the site in general.

That Nomura confirmed the golden eyes = Xehanort-connection thingy in an interview is definitely known by a bigger chunk of people on the site I'm sure.

What isn't known is if the golden eyes = darkness hoax was ever mentioned/confirmed by either interview and/or in-game material, which I cannot recall at all that it ever was.
And I know most of Nomura's interviews.

Most however does not mean "all", yet despite that until I get to read (or hear, if it was in-game somewhere) the opposite I continue to go with the "just fan-interpretation"-thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back