• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should 2.5 HD include?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I'm thinking it should just include KH2 FM and BBS FM with just the cutscenes from Re:coded and 3D. I know everyone wants a remake of 3D, but honestly I don't think there should be, just because 3D makes use of a lot of the 3DS' features like the touch screen and camera. I don't think it would be as fun if it were on the PS3. Yeah it would be cool to have HD graphics, but I don't really think that's important. I think the other 2 games would be enough. BBS FM would be just like making the God of War PSP games in HD for PS3, so I don't see a problem with that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually, 3D is pretty important in the series. It's practically Kingdom Hearts III part 1.
And the issue of the touchscreen stuff can easily be edited; to be used with the move, button inputs, analogue stick movements etc. It would make things like the dream eaters feel less personal, but they can still make it work.

I can easily see Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Dream Drop Distance and cutscenes of Re:Coded.

-Roxas-XIII-

I can easily see Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Dream Drop Distance and cutscenes of Re:Coded.

That's exactly what I hope is in 2.5.
Obviously KH2FM is gonna be in it, and BBSFM too (hopefully with online/splitscreen PSN multiplayer for the Mirage Arena). Re: Coded (being the most useless game in the franchise IMO) doesn't deserve to be anything more than just cutscenes, but DDD should definitely be in there as a full game because its an important part of the story.
There's more than enough room on a blu-ray disc to hold 3 games and 1 movie.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
As long as it has BBS:FM and I can play as Aqua in the RoD, I'll be happy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The believer in me believes in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, KH3D, and Re:coded cutscenes. The more logical and cynical side of me believes we'll get Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, and Re:coded cutscenes.

The me that just wants something wants at least KH2FM, BBSFM, KH3D cutscenes and Re:coded cutscenes.

All I really need is online multiplayer for the Mirage Arena (GIVE IT TO US), Aqua in RoD, BBSv2 secret ending to remain in tact and not removed or changed by SE, and some kind of reward for completing 1.5 to be unlocked in 2.5.

Zami

I think it would be cool if they did KH2FM, BBSFM, cutscenes from Re:Coded, and then LATER released a downloadable package with the full game of DDD giving it a secret trailer for Kingdom hearts 3. Perhaps doing this the months leading up to the official announcement of KH3!

-Roxas-XIII-

Yeah, online Mirage Arena MUST be in this! I'd be very disappointed if it was not. They should also be able to add at least 2 player split-screen multipalyer as well. I really want to be able to fight No Heart with someone other than just by myself (because I don't know anyone else who has BBSFM for PSP).

Sorarocks93

Awards
Well I actually think it should have KHIIFM, KHBBSFM and KHRe:Coded as cutscenes.
And after that they should make a 0.5 game where they include DDD as a full game and a completely CGI movie (Advent Children style) which tells the story of BBS Volume 2.

How's that sound huh? Huuuuuuuuh?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If BBSv2 is ever created and I couldn't play it, I would be extremely disappointed. :c

BBSv2 has a lot of promise as a game and I still am holding some foolish hope for it to be created after KH3 (since I don't see it coming out before 3 now).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The most economical approach would surely be to include KH 2 FM and BBS FM as full games while Re: Coded and DDD are included both as HD cutscenes.
Re: Coded, while having two or three important points to the storyline isn't nearly as story-heavy as Days is and should be easily coverable in probably just an hour of cutscenes.
In order to get a similar or longer duration of HD cutscenes like in 1.5 DDD is just fitting to be included like that.

DDD, while it is definitely the Prologue to KH III, is not required to being playable. The most important stuff in DDD happens in the cutscenes after the Disney worlds and in the last world.
Even the whole episodes with the TWEWY characters and the big exposition speeches of Yen Sid, Xemnas and Master Xehanort can be converted into HD cutscenes to include the "appeal" of Neku and co. as well as show off the important parts.
This can be surely done more easily than tweaking/retooling the entire gameplay system from 3DS-oriented to PS3-oriented.

---

As for BBSv2, I really don't see where it should still fit.
After KH 3 it is pointless because KH 3 will be the finale that hopefully clears most things up, making the information that BBSv2 might provide redundant since Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas etc will all be gone for good this time.

A difference it would be though, as I expect most of the "good guy"-cast to carry over into the next saga, if BBSv2 would put a heavy focus on teasing and foreshadowing for the next saga.

Zami

If BBSv2 is ever created and I couldn't play it, I would be extremely disappointed. :c

BBSv2 has a lot of promise as a game and I still am holding some foolish hope for it to be created after KH3 (since I don't see it coming out before 3 now).

What is BBSv2 may i ask??

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

A term that was coined during the secret ending "a fragmentary passage" in KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

Many people believed this would be another game besides Dream Drop Distance which would fill in all the blanks between the games, as this secret ending has scenes from different points in time during the KH series, but Nomura stated in the DDD Ultimania that there exist only bits and pieces of a story and that as of now it is unlikely that it will ever be made.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
As for BBSv2, I really don't see where it should still fit.
After KH 3 it is pointless because KH 3 will be the finale that hopefully clears most things up, making the information that BBSv2 might provide redundant since Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas etc will all be gone for good this time.

A difference it would be though, as I expect most of the "good guy"-cast to carry over into the next saga, if BBSv2 would put a heavy focus on teasing and foreshadowing for the next saga.
Whatever villain Aqua faces in the RoD could easily be tied to the next saga. They could make BBSv2 the bridge between the two sagas because I don't see Nomura throwing out KH4 anytime soon after 3.

They could also forgo the entire Fragmentary Passage and just focus on it being an Aqua driven game.

BBSv2 is the fan name of the secret video that plays at the end of BBS:FM. I would link you to it but it's been torn down from virtually every place on the internet (which always strikes me as peculiar given the fact that no other KH videos are ever taken down).

The scene "Zero Point" (this is so you know when in the series this is happening) starts with Aqua in the RoD using her Wayfinder's light to try to guide her home and then a portal opens up which starts siphoning Darkness. As the Darkness escapes into the RoL she watches the light from her Wayfinder disappear. Then there is a cutscene where she finds Castle of Dreams in the RoD.

This is followed by the title "A Fragmentary Passage" as many never before scenes flash on the screen: Mickey in the RoD, KH1 Riku with Kairi on top of Big Ben (which was a scene alluded to in Re:coded), Donald and Goofy wandering Traverse Town, Kairi with Hayner, Pence and Olette in front of the Old Mansion in Twilight Town, DiZ inputting the Data into Sora while he slept, and KH2 Riku watching over Xion and Roxas. Then we see YMX standing on the beach and as he turns around his incarnations Ansem SoD, Xemnas and finally MX all flash by, as well as a scene of Sora disappearing from DI and Ven disappearing from CO. Then "Birth by Sleep volume 2" flashes on the screen.

Nomura waited about a whole year to eventually say that there was the story for this game but he couldn't make it at the current time, which I believe is because of the pressure on him for KH3, as well as the HD titles.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Whatever villain Aqua faces in the RoD could easily be tied to the next saga. They could make BBSv2 the bridge between the two sagas because I don't see Nomura throwing out KH4 anytime soon after 3.

They could also forgo the entire Fragmentary Passage and just focus on it being an Aqua driven game.

That's what I meant with it being the only plausible reason to have it after KH 3.

I can actually see them either including the Fragmentary Passage-stuff as extra cutscene content, either in the 2.5 ReMix as teasers (like unlocking them in the theater by achieving results in either BBS FM or KH2 FM) or even during KH 3 on appropriate occasions.

That would put us short on showable content though, as there isn't much "Aqua driven" that can be other than running through ruins of destroyed Disney worlds lying in the Dark Realm during KH 1. During the time of Days, KH 2, Coded and DDD there would be nothing to do but making a "Dynasty Warriors"-KH with slaying thousands of Heartless.

Found it! Here it is:

[video=youtube;QePE49620ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePE49620ec[/video]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That's what I meant with it being the only plausible reason to have it after KH 3.

I can actually see them either including the Fragmentary Passage-stuff as extra cutscene content, either in the 2.5 ReMix as teasers (like unlocking them in the theater by achieving results in either BBS FM or KH2 FM) or even during KH 3 on appropriate occasions.
I was desperately hoping for the Fragmentary Passage content to be in the remixes. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to add the scenes to them and possibly make them even fuller games. I mean, even if they could work in some of the scenes into KH2 that would make me happy. Who knows, maybe that Riku watching over Roxas and Xion scene may have been crammed into the HD Days?

That would put us short on showable content though, as there isn't much "Aqua driven" that can be other than running through ruins of destroyed Disney worlds lying in the Dark Realm during KH 1. During the time of Days, KH 2, Coded and DDD there would be nothing to do but making a "Dynasty Warriors"-KH with slaying thousands of Heartless.
Hey, if Re:coded can make a game out of data than SE can make it work with Aqua, lol. Plus if they put a lot of focus on a next saga villain then I imagine there would be a substantial amount of story.

Found it! Here it is:

[video=youtube;QePE49620ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePE49620ec[/video]
Good job! It sucks that it cuts off the beginning though. :c

NamineXion

I don't think they are going to make a kingdom hearts birth by sleep volume 2 kh bbs v2 for short

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think they are going to make a kingdom hearts birth by sleep volume 2 kh bbs v2 for short
It could really go either way for BBSv2.

— At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura:
It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was desperately hoping for the Fragmentary Passage content to be in the remixes. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to add the scenes to them and possibly make them even fuller games. I mean, even if they could work in some of the scenes into KH2 that would make me happy. Who knows, maybe that Riku watching over Roxas and Xion scene may have been crammed into the HD Days?

Hey, if Re:coded can make a game out of data than SE can make it work with Aqua, lol. Plus if they put a lot of focus on a next saga villain then I imagine there would be a substantial amount of story.

Good job! It sucks that it cuts off the beginning though. :c

It would be the golden opportunity to include it if Nomura is really more on the wagon now that he cannot make the game out of it he originally envisioned. All those extra scenes, Mickey in the RoD, Riku and Kairi on Big Ben (that one had a big relevance in Coded again, could probably gone in-depth into in HD Coded-Cutscenes), Donald and Goofy going around looking wary in Traverse, Kairi and HPO in Twilight Town, Riku stalking Roxas and Xion, all those are some nailbiting teasers that might promise a deeper understanding about the stuff that happened in the series.
Well, the Days-scenes are completely new, so I wouldn't rule out that they included some extra stuff.

Re: Coded is also a special case in that it was originally requested by Disney as a lightweight title for mobile phones. Just like Days, Nomura didn't plan on Coded while still working on KH 2. The only title planned by Nomura during KH 2 was Birth by Sleep initially.
Besides the "message of those in torment" and the info that Ansem hid some data, the data-environment in Coded also served mostly to drop more hints about the "hearts can be born everywhere"-fact with Data-Sora which we got finally confirmed in DDD.
Surely the same could be done in regards to Aqua in the RoD, although this might then also be a lightweight title more on the scale of Coded.

Would be an interesting development if the next saga villain actually planned to strike while Xehanort was still around, but Aqua managed to stall him somewhat and incapacitate him/her for a prolonged time period.
It would make an interesting hook up for the next saga if after the victory over Xehanort (and some party together) all the good guys get back to their worlds (SRK to DI, MDG to Disney Castle, RAX + Naminé to Twilight Town and TAV to Land of Departure) and then Aqua suddenly remembers that new threat and hurries to inform Terra and Ven, kickstarting the next adventure.

I was relieved I found a decent video of it at all, rofl.

TepidShark

Awards
I would be okay with just playable 2 Final Mix, BBS Final Mix and Dream Drop Distance. Re: Coded is not really essential (and I don't think it is a good game.) so I don't really need that represented in the collection at all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back