• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Confirmed for North America & Europe!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

limit

Pfft, If they didn't release it for NA I would've shot everyone at SE. Well, glad to hear the news, though.

Just watch they release a KH1.5 FINAL MIX.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Pfft, If they didn't release it for NA I would've shot everyone at SE. Well, glad to hear the news, though.

Just watch they release a KH1.5 FINAL MIX.

That wouldn't make any sense, these aren't new games just remasters, so there's no point in making a FM for it. The only thing that's new that they might want to extend is Days, but they could do that with DLCs.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
They retail for that yes, but most copies will be bought used at this time for less. That's what I'm talking about. And days this time is not a game.

Well remember, I don't think it's fair to compare a used copy of KH1 and Re:CoM to a brand new copy of KH1.5HD Remix. If you got a used copy from a 3rd party after it comes out I would think you'd be lucky and be able to snag it for around $30 which makes it all fair again in terms of prices ^_^

A brand new black label KH1 is quite a collector's piece and I think last year I saw one (with the plastic wrap still) of KH1 sell for close to $70.00.

If that happens, I won't be surprised, but I will be pissed off to the point that I throw something out the window. Most likely my laptop.

Honestly, I'll admit if they did not, I would be VERY surprised. It just doesn't make any sense to do that considering the reason for the FM's is so that people in Japan can hear the English voices. The add-on content is just a way to justify the purchase. They've already heard the English voices back in KH1FM so the only reason now to release a KH1.5HDFM is to hear the Re:CoM English voices and the Days in English. I think if they did do this though, it could perhaps be one of the biggest slaps in the face of all time. We finally get the FM content, only for Japan to get more!!!! Especially if we don't at least get it in the form of DLC or something.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
That wouldn't make any sense, these aren't new games just remasters, so there's no point in making a FM for it. The only thing that's new that they might want to extend is Days, but they could do that with DLCs.

I'm pretty sure Limit wasn't serious with that remark, but either way you right. If anything, the ReMIX series could be considered a part of the "Re:" series (Re:CoM, Re:Coded, etc.), to which those games never had FM versions.

BagelBreath

Awards
Fall? D: I was hoping for a summer release. :'(
Hopefully FFLR and this aren't released too close together.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I expect late september release for Lightning Returns, and maybe early november for KH(boosts for christmas sales)

Voltron

Silver Member
Why does everything fun get released during school semesters where you have no free time? ;_;

If it's a September release, I'd be ok with that. Although I feel October for some reason.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
This. In fact, wasn't the name final mix supposed to invoke that it would be the final version in terms of content for the foreseeable future?

Well remember, I don't think it's fair to compare a used copy of KH1 and Re:CoM to a brand new copy of KH1.5HD Remix. If you got a used copy from a 3rd party after it comes out I would think you'd be lucky and be able to snag it for around $30 which makes it all fair again in terms of prices ^_^

A brand new black label KH1 is quite a collector's piece and I think last year I saw one (with the plastic wrap still) of KH1 sell for close to $70.00.

Honestly, I'll admit if they did not, I would be VERY surprised. It just doesn't make any sense to do that considering the reason for the FM's is so that people in Japan can hear the English voices. The add-on content is just a way to justify the purchase. They've already heard the English voices back in KH1FM so the only reason now to release a KH1.5HDFM is to hear the Re:CoM English voices and the Days in English. I think if they did do this though, it could perhaps be one of the biggest slaps in the face of all time. We finally get the FM content, only for Japan to get more!!!! Especially if we don't at least get it in the form of DLC or something.

very true.

kupo1121

Awards
Why does everything fun get released during school semesters where you have no free time? ;_;

If it's a September release, I'd be ok with that. Although I feel October for some reason.

IIIII KNOW!!!!! I always was like "ugh" when I see "Fall release" because I really wish they were released right before Winter Break or Summer Break but they are always released during periods of no free time haha xD at least for me.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
To be fair, it kinda works out for the people who are like, "I'll just buy it when the price drops"

Master Kamui

YAY, i Knew it was comming here but i was so nervous that they'd take out the final mix!
i'm so excited now!
too bad it's not comming until the fall..i mean it's still Winter..so that is just ..too..long ...to ..wait..
but it's better than nothing!!!
i'll have plenty of time to save money for it , hehe

Prajna

You never heard of swap magic?

No, I hadn't heard of swap magic until a couple of years later. I just childishly assumed all would be square to play my game.

Anyways...So, I've just pre-ordered myself a copy of KH HD 1.5 on Amazon and it read beneath that "This item will be released on December 31, 2013". Other sources convey the title being released during Fall though. My question is if the game is released sooner than Amazon says so, will it be shipped to me just as soon or will I have to wait between "Jan. 6th, 2014 - Jan. 8th, 2014"?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, I hadn't heard of swap magic until a couple of years later. I just childishly assumed all would be square to play my game.

Anyways...So, I've just pre-ordered myself a copy of KH HD 1.5 on Amazon and it read beneath that "This item will be released on December 31, 2013". Other sources convey the title being released during Fall though. My question is if the game is released sooner than Amazon says so, will it be shipped to me just as soon or will I have to wait between "Jan. 6th, 2014 - Jan. 8th, 2014"?

That is a placeholder date. When the real release date is revealed you will see the actual ship date in the order status.

Have you never preordered a video game with a placeholder date before?

Last edited:

Prajna

Have you never preordered a video game with a placeholder date before?

I don't often pre-order video games at all, I'm not that steep of a game fanatic. So, excuse my ignorance. The last title I pre-ordered was Kingdom Hearts II, but at that time the release date was definite, amid the one day delay of the shipment. Thanks for the insight, MS.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
smUocKq.jpg

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm pretty sure Limit wasn't serious with that remark, but either way you right. If anything, the ReMIX series could be considered a part of the "Re:" series (Re:CoM, Re:Coded, etc.), to which those games never had FM versions.

Yeah and isn't the "Re:" series already a from of the FM series just that it's been ported from one system to another? After all They each include new things and if you think about it so does KH1.5.

This. In fact, wasn't the name final mix supposed to invoke that it would be the final version in terms of content for the foreseeable future?

I'm pretty sure that that's the general idea behind it, so it would really be a joke for them to make a FM of a FM.

IIIII KNOW!!!!! I always was like "ugh" when I see "Fall release" because I really wish they were released right before Winter Break or Summer Break but they are always released during periods of no free time haha xD at least for me.

Well as long as it stays in the fall semester it's not that bad, In my opinion spring semester releases are far worse especially the ones released in May or June.
To what you said earlier if they want to release the English versions of Re:CoM and Movie Days than that could easily be done by a DLC. There's no need to re-release the game forthat. They can't really justify re-releasing games to add a new language and content anymore.

SmilingMuse35

I have only these words to say: "Finally, KH 1.5 comes to NA & Europe! What a wonderful announcement!". :biggrin:

kupo1121

Awards
Well as long as it stays in the fall semester it's not that bad, In my opinion spring semester releases are far worse especially the ones released in May or June.
To what you said earlier if they want to release the English versions of Re:CoM and Movie Days than that could easily be done by a DLC. There's no need to re-release the game forthat. They can't really justify re-releasing games to add a new language and content anymore.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind May or June releases since I can wait a month and then have the whole summer to play the game as opposed to a September release where I have to wait to winter break in December, but once again...maybe it's just me ^_^

As for the DLC thing, yeah they could easily just use DLC for it, but that doesn't mean that they won't release the FM anyways. Japan eats up new editions that are pointless like its nothing, hence the reason they get so many collector's edition :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back