• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Crossover ~ Tribute Album Releasing 6/19!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Everybody would be lying if they said they didn't enjoy the soundtrack to THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, filled with an eclectic mix of sounds and styles that work perfectly in the game's rendition of urban Shibuya. The music is so much of a staple to the hit Nintendo DS game that it is receiving a tribute album, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Crossover ~ Tribute, produced by series composer Takeharu Ishimoto!

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Crossover ~ Tribute will contain songs featured in the Japan-only GREE social game, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -Live Remix-, and live recordings from the 5th Anniversay Live Concert held last year in November will also be on the album as bonus tracks. You can even hear one of the remixed tracks on the official Crossover ~ Tribute website.

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Crossover ~ Tribute is priced at 2,100 Yen, which is approximately $22 USD and is scheduled for release on June 19th 2013. All of the remix fans out there will definitely enjoy this album with its fresh takes on new and old songs from THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!

Source: Official Crossover ~ Tribute site, Sony Music Shop Japan, aibo_ac7 via Twitter

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Shouldn't this be in the Square Enix section...?

Actually we clarified things waaaaaaaay back at the beginning when we announced we would be covering TWEWY, so all of the news articles go here in FoKH (inappropriate title, I know, we're working on it).

There's a lot of news. We'd rather not make a mess in the SE section.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think we need to put "And The World Ends With You news" in the description at the very least (like I imagined was there but realized wasn't)

or make a TWEWY subsection if they ever make TWEWY2 because i know for a fact they will have kh cameo in it because of kh3d

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
there i did a thing <3

(agreed there must be kh in the future twewy)

Not sure if I'll buy. (read: will buy anyways)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love any and all tribute albums by Square Enix in general so I will probs buy (or listen to a lot). I've already killed my NieR tribute album by playing it so much. TWEWY will not escape this fate.

Okay, bed. I'm waxing on like a bad poet.

Sign you're beautiful for the thing <3

"This is your hub for everything Kingdom Hearts, including discussion on the series in general, the community, merchandise, development, and so forth. This board also includes discussion for newly-released titles including Dream Drop Distance and upcoming titles such as Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts III. The World Ends With You news articles are posted here."

Now it is official!

Last edited:

Monkey D. Rocky

But isn't this KHinsider? Don't get me wrong, TWEWY is actually in my Top 3 Videogames of All Time. But this site is just for Kingdom Hearts, and it always has been. Just because TWEWY made 1 appearance in only KH3D, you guys don't have to post TWEWY news too. What if there was a website doing Zelda news, and Super Smash Bros. came out. Would that site have to post news on all franchises apart of Super Smash Bros.?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There is often a lot of overlap between TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts, especially because a significant number of the TWEWY team works on KH. TWEWY Solo Remix, the iOS port of TWEWY, contained Kingdom Hearts songs made for KH3D as did the Crossover album released a few months back as well as a few remixes of these songs still with "KINGDOM" attached to them. We have reported on miscellaneous Disney news and Square Enix news in the past as well, usually because it is interesting enough to warrant it.

Also TWEWY news is not and never will be a major focus of ours as we do not report on all of the TWEWY news that does come out. We do it to supplement slow news days, and because of Kingdom Hearts 3D (even if that doesn't sound like a reason to you; it was reason enough for us) If we did not have a dedicated sister site, Final Fantasy Network, we probably would report on major Final Fantasy news as well. There are many Kingdom Hearts news sites out there who report on more than KH news, as there are Final Fantasy sites that also report on Kingdom Hearts news and beyond so we like to keep things fresh.

padlock

Awards
Hahahaha I remember having this conversation... I came here to comment "I thought there was going to be less TWEWY music news" lawlawlawroflcopteretcjgfdkdfkjldd.

Nah I like TWEWY. But they have a lot of musics or something... :3

Keyslinger

If they make a TWEWY 2 they should have Sora or Riku as secret unlockable characters.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If they make a TWEWY 2 they should have Sora or Riku as secret unlockable characters.

While I don't think that will happen (considering Neku and the cast weren't playable in DDD) I'd love for to just pop up in a secret cutscene or story like Another Day in TWEWY1 :)

P.S. I want to hear some of the tracks and see the cover of this album lol I think SE does nice OST covers (minus that 10th Anniversary Fan Selection which I wasn't a fan of) so I'm excited ^_^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I don't think that will happen (considering Neku and the cast weren't playable in DDD) I'd love for to just pop up in a secret cutscene or story like Another Day in TWEWY1 :)

This is what I believe would happen in TWEWY2 when if it happens. The knowledge that there are many Shibuyas in the TWEWY multiverse and that KH!Shibuya is one of them helps to set up a nice Another Day in TWEWY2 where Sora and Riku finally visit and get thrown into some whacked-up adventure. It'd be great if they had more than one Another Day:

• Another Day - Kingdom Remix (Sora: "Woah, what are these monsters? Heartless" Riku: "No, they are something else entirely" ???: "As keen as always, Riku~" Sora: "Uwah! *falls*" Joshua: "Tee hee~")
  • Another Day - Piggy Remix (must go back to the original Another Day with the Crayola Warriors in Tin Pin Slammer land)
  • Another Day - Coco Remix (Live Remix should get love since atm we have no clue if it will ever make it to the western world)
  • etc, etc

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This is what I believe would happen in TWEWY2 when if it happens. The knowledge that there are many Shibuyas in the TWEWY multiverse and that KH!Shibuya is one of them helps to set up a nice Another Day in TWEWY2 where Sora and Riku finally visit and get thrown into some whacked-up adventure. It'd be great if they had more than one Another Day:

• Another Day - Kingdom Remix (Sora: "Woah, what are these monsters? Heartless" Riku: "No, they are something else entirely" ???: "As keen as always, Riku~" Sora: "Uwah! *falls*" Joshua: "Tee hee~")
  • Another Day - Piggy Remix (must go back to the original Another Day with the Crayola Warriors in Tin Pin Slammer land)
  • Another Day - Coco Remix (Live Remix should get love since atm we have no clue if it will ever make it to the western world)
  • etc, etc

Because KH and the original characters associated with it are owned by Disney, to put them in a TWEWY game (even as a small cameo) they'd have to have Disney okay that, right? I kinda fear that Disney would say no to that because of the TWEWY games being more mature than KH. It'd be really disappointing for TWEWY2 to happen, then in some interview after release we see Nomura going, "Originally we wanted a KH cameo, but we weren't allowed."

Ugh, just talking about this makes me really sad because we don't even know if we'll ever see a TWEWY sequel. Obviously Square is caring (somewhat) about the series because of Solo and Live, but the lack of any knowledge of what they plan to do is disheartening. Hopefully something is in the works and they're just waiting to announce it so that we aren't sitting around for a couple years waiting for the release, like with most of SE's games.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So if they are making a new album
is their a fature for TWENY is a sequel in developments or coneption
I thought it was just arefreshed title, and then they didnt confirm if that girl was a new chracter or not

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So if they are making a new album
is their a fature for TWENY is a sequel in developments or coneption
I thought it was just arefreshed title, and then they didnt confirm if that girl was a new chracter or not

I don't suppose you remember the TWEWY audition they held last year to find an inspiring artist to work with Takeharu Ishimoto on his new secret project? That should be enough of a giveaway.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I so want TWEWY sequel!! I so want to learn more about those characters and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back