• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Buy a 3DS just for DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
I mean I really don't want to shell out $300 just for a 3DS and this 1 game. We already have 1.5 Collection and 2.5 Collection (next year). See this is why DDD needs to be including in 2.5 Collection as a 3 hour movie like Coded is going be. SE can at least do that for the Fans. People aren't going shell out Huge $$$ for a 3DS and DDD ONLY!!! I have always said KH should never of had Handheld Entries in the 1st place and DDD is why. DDD Story it just as important as all the other KH games. What to do...what to do...?

Light

faster than
Awards
I can lie to myself and say I didn't get a 3DS for my birthday just for Dream Drop Distance. But, well, I pretty much did. I don't have any games on it that I would really play. It's an added bonus that my normal DS is a wreck. I guess I'll get Pokemon X & Y when it comes out, but otherwise I think I don't really utilise it to its proper use or potential.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I bought my 3DS just for KH3D. I hardly even use it any more, not for games anyway. I was planning on getting a 3DS though, but I probably would have waited years to get one.

I would have liked 3D to be included in 2.5, due to it being pretty important. Though I guess it's too new for it to be in an HD collection.

State

Awards
Personally, I bought a NINTENDO 3DS because of the concept of 3D on-the-go and the fact that NINTENDO revealed a list of games they were going to develop in a future for the portable console, which includes franchises like POKEMON, FINAL FANTASY, among others.

daydreamer01

I got a 3DS for DDD, and my original DS was broken. I finished the game in a short time and it wasn't the best game. Is a 3DS worth having? For me yes as I can now play legend of zelda 3D and my normal DS games such as pokemon and twewy. Is it worth buying for just one game? I don't think it is.

Although saying that, if you know someone who owns DDD and a 3DS can you not just borrow it form them like my sister did with mine? It would be less expensive specially if you are not planning on buying any more games for it. Well thats what I think anyway.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I bought a 3DS for KH3D but I made sure there were at least five games I wanted to play on the system before buying. I also use it to play my DS games like Ace Attorney, The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy III & IV, Tactics A2, 4 Warriors of Light, 999, Pokemon Black/White (2) and a lot more.

And I have at least six or seven games I intend to buy and play on the 3DS that releases this year alone. Do not buy a 3DS for KH3D. You can make it your main reason but buy it for other games. Look up some gameplay videos of other 3DS games and look at reviews. If you're going to get a 3DS you should really make it count.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
I decided against getting a 3DS just for DDD. Well with that said would anyone be willing to share the Story of DDD (ending too plz) and at least sum it up so I'm prepared for KH 3 and I'm not confused cause I didn't play DDD? I realize what I'm asking will contain spoilers but I really need to know. Thx.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I've followed the Playstation consoles for the main Final Fantasy entries, and because Kingdom Hearts is one narrative, I wanted the 3DS.

Even so, with time, my library will expand. The only other game I have is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, but I've been meaning to get my hands on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ever since the system was announced! Other titles have me salivating as well. There are just not enough hours in the day for me to satisfy my gamer needs at the moment unfortunately.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I decided against getting a 3DS just for DDD. Well with that said would anyone be willing to share the Story of DDD (ending too plz) and at least sum it up so I'm prepared for KH 3 and I'm not confused cause I didn't play DDD? I realize what I'm asking will contain spoilers but I really need to know. Thx.
There's a great summary of the game found here on our main site and I also suggest you watch a playthrough on Youtube.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I have like 13 games for my 3DS at the moment, not counting E-Shop/VC stuff. Maybe its just me but I always finds threads like these weird. Not in that I expect everyone else to buy as many games as I do, but in that I can't believe some people can not find at least 1 other title that's to their tastes on a given system's library.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I can lie to myself and say I didn't get a 3DS for my birthday just for Dream Drop Distance. But, well, I pretty much did. I don't have any games on it that I would really play. It's an added bonus that my normal DS is a wreck. I guess I'll get Pokemon X & Y when it comes out, but otherwise I think I don't really utilise it to its proper use or potential.
Same for Christmas of 2011. My 3ds is loaded with demos, but almost no full games.
I have the iPad version of theatrhythm.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
I'm not really a Nintendo guy. If I did but a 3DS I would only but DDD and Zelda. To me that doesn't convince me enough to put down $$$ on a 3DS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not really a Nintendo guy. If I did but a 3DS I would only but DDD and Zelda. To me that doesn't convince me enough to put down $$$ on a 3DS.

Hmm, well do you like Final Fantasy? Not that Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is a Final Fantasy game (besides in spirit), but it is probably one of the best handheld RPGs on the 3DS to date and will be released in 2014 (we're all hoping for a bump up to late 2013) And if you like tactics/strategy games Fire Emblem Awakening is fantastic to play.

Then if you enjoy a good sleeper hit and want to know more about The World Ends With You characters that appear in KH3D, then TWEWY is a good game to play. Besides being one of the few DS games that utilizes all of the capabilities of the DS in clever and fun ways, it has a fantastic story and memorable characters. And it was made by a number of Kingdom Hearts staff. That makes it worth a look at.

Okay more 3DS games: If you like visual novel games with puzzles and a lot of harrowing, painful storytelling, Virtue's Last Reward is worth checking out but it is pretty intense so it really has to be something you'd know you'd enjoy. If you like pure fun action gameplay, Kid Icarus is there. Turn-based dungeon crawlers? Taste of the PS1 days? Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is perfect. Also SMTIV is coming out this July.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
For other RPGs there's Tales of Abyss, granted a port but one that's way more tolerable than the PS2 original (mostly due to massive improvements in load times),Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem & maybe Project X Zone, is that an RPG? On the digital download side, Crimson Shroud is a D&D-like RPG made by the director of FF12. Hopefully S-E gets around to localizing the DQ games soon.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
Nomura did say he wanted All the KH Games on 1 console. So I have a feeling SE and Nomura are going port/remake DDD for PS3. I mean we're getting KH BBS FM which was only released on PSP. DDD is too new now but eventually I see SE putting DDD on PS3. I could be wrong but only time will tell. DDD is kind of a Prequel to KH 1 cause Riku and Sora sail on that homemade raft they were building. Conclusion of DDD has Sora in his bed right when the Darkness appear on DI at night. DDD does not lead to KH III. I don't why Nomura insists that it does. How can Sora and Riku become Key Blade Masters if A: Sora hasn't received the KeyBlade yet? B: Both Sora and Riku memory was wiped, that's why he is in his bed. To me DDD shouldn't of even been made. Nintendo wanted 1 last game on there handheld.

Light

faster than
Awards
no, it is in no way a prequel, trust me. The ending scene (no secret ending) is Sora returning to Traverse Town in the RoS and saying bye to all of his Dream Eater friends. Before that it is just Yen Sid saying who passed the test and who didn't.

It is directly linked to BBS and, well every game before it. Definitely the prequel to KHIII.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
I heard the ending has Sora returning to Destiny Islands right before the Darkness shows up. Besides it doesn't make sense that Sora and Riku are going for Mastery Exam when they haven't even received there Keyblades. It all doesn't make sense at all. What's ROS mean?

Light

faster than
Awards
It is after KHII, the secret ending is just Yen Sid telling Riku to prepare to get Kairi, who must train to become a Keyblade Wielder.
So, it goes to the sleeping world of DI before it was destroyed by the Darkness, to my understanding, but it isn't before any of them got the Keyblades.

The reason they are young is because at the times the worlds you go to were taken by the Darkness is the same as the age of Sora and Riku in KH1, hence why they look that age. The worlds are locked in sleep because they didn't quite get restored when Sora defeated ASoD. So, they get trapped in an eternal state of dreaming, repeating themselves over and over. Riku & Sora, who at the time they were trapped were the age that they were in KHI. Which means, that they would appear that age in said world.

Furthermore, the reason that Sora and Riku must learn to awaken worlds from sleep is so they may revive those hearts in torment: Terra, Ventus (especially Ventus), Xion, Roxas, etc.

RoS = Realm of Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back