• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hardest Battle for you in KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Possessed riku was the hardest for me, it took me (no joke) like one and a half years to beat him. Sure six months of that was refusing to play again but then one summer I got myself to level 100. Then went to battle to him again and I finally won.

Oh, yeah, I also remember having a hard time with Rikunort (the first and second one at Hollow Bastion). At took me, at least, three tries per fight. *shrugs*

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'll just recognize in-game bosses, since the Colosseum and secret bosses are supposed to be challenging.

I didn't remember Stealth Sneak being such a pain, until I played Proud Mode. I was never one to utilize items, because of their finite nature, but I had to suck it up for that last playthrough.

Giant Ursula was a pain on my initial run over a decade ago. My first boyfriend also got extremely frustrated with her and ended up tossing the controller.

And of coarse, Rikunort. The prior scene's script is pretty much emblazoned in the minds of all of us here who failed countless times over.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Rikunort, in front of the Hollow Bastion Keyhole. I died a million times there. Dx I seriously thought it was the end of the game, he was so tough. xD

State

Awards
I'll just recognize in-game bosses, since the Colosseum and secret bosses are supposed to be challenging.

I didn't remember Stealth Sneak being such a pain, until I played Proud Mode. I was never one to utilize items, because of their finite nature, but I had to suck it up for that last playthrough.

Giant Ursula was a pain on my initial run over a decade ago. My first boyfriend also got extremely frustrated with her and ended up tossing the controller.

And of coarse, Rikunort. The prior scene's script is pretty much emblazoned in the minds of all of us here who failed countless times over.

I remember dying twice on Stealth Sneak and with Giant Ursula, too. Honestly, KH1 bosses were kinda hard.

Scorpio

Do you mean at the first try of the game? Because I was 10 back then, and not that familiar with RPGs, which led to often frustrating experiences with bosses or even casual fights. The first playthrough I can remember being stuck on the Two-in-a-row Maleficent Dragon & Ansem/Riku fights, which really sold home for me that Action/RPGs don't play the same way as Platformers. Too bad it took most of the game to learn that; I never finished it at a kid, can't remember why.
Recently, I got a used copy and had quite an experience beating the Phantom, where every single hit you could knock into this guy mattered. That was months ago though; at some point I dig it up and finish the whole game. Even Sephiroth.

Gallus

Uhhh.

Maleficent in Dragon Form and Riku's second form for me.

Made me want to smash my Television set.

State

Awards
Uhhh.

Maleficent in Dragon Form and Riku's second form for me.

Made me want to smash my Television set.

In my case, I never had to restart the Dragon Maleficent fight (even though I almost died). .-.

wii.red24

The hardest boss in Kingdom Hearts 1 is Riku (second Fight) i can't even tell you how many times Riku kicked my ass over and over and over again.

State

Awards
I agree, but that was more so a problem with vanilla Kingdom Hearts II as a whole, instead of simply Sephiroth as a boss. Level 1 run KH2 Sephiroth is awesome though. Very fun

I wouldn't want to imagine facing him under the same conditions, but in KH1. X:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Kurt Zisa is pretty hard to dodge when he starts swinging in the air. Sometimes I'm not so lucky when I try to avoid it. I'd say when he spins horizontally, that's the easiest one to dodge but when he spins vertically, that is what throws me off sometimes.

Masamune

Big Boss
I think the general consensus is that RikuxAnsem dude was a bitch, I found him hard but giving him the toughest award wouldnt be fair.
Sephiroth takes the cake for me, I think KH1 had a tougher sephiroth than KH2 did too tbh

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I think the general consensus is that RikuxAnsem dude was a bitch, I found him hard but giving him the toughest award wouldnt be fair. Sephiroth takes the cake for me, I think KH1 had a tougher sephiroth than KH2 did too tbh
I agree on Sephiroth being harder in KH1. And I think the reason most people (myself included) picked Riku-Ansem over Sephiroth is because Sephiroth was a completely optional boss, whereas Riku-Ansem was necessary to complete the story.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Kurt Zisa was the hardest but Ansem (as Riku) was definitely the most memorable. Nothing more disappointing than jumping to dodge and casting cure a second before you hitting the ground thus cancelling it because you do the 'bending knees' animation. So intense when you get him just to green health and he doesn't come out of that state when he throws his Keyblade at you before momentarily charging you, not to mention the shock-waves out each side every time he struck the ground. Also...

Ansem: YAH! Hear it comes! *shockwaves* "Open your heart to darkness" *cue Dark Aura*

Sora: GLIDE MUTHA****A!

Other thing i loved is that this battle isn't the type of battle you just running and slice and dice your opponent it required timing also when when Ansem quotes "Is that it?" and you just finish a combo and sora says "This is it!" almost like a reply.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well the first time I played KH1 I was pretty young so pretty much all of the bosses were difficult. xD But after playing it so much the ones that still give me trouble are, of course, Rikunort but also Dragon Maleficent and Ursula (curse that cauldron!).

Setsuna ♥

Awards
In the main story (outside of the "optional" bosses) on Proud, Giant Urusula. It wasn't "hard" it just got really aggravating having to play so patiently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back