• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should the resolution of Kingdom Hearts 3 be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A time anomaly occurring when Xehanort is destroyed, resulting in time skipping backwards till the night when Sora, Riku and Kairi were talking at the Paopu tree.

There is no Xehanort in this time line. There are no destroyed worlds. Sora is back to 14, but through Nomura logic, still has the keyblade.
This allows for a new villain to come in, Nomura getting to use 14 year old Sora again, and an excuse to reset the players level to 0.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The honest problem with them going around giving inheritance ceremonies to others is that I doubt Aqua, Terra, or Ven would ever want anybody to suffer like they have. Aqua had already decided against giving kid Sora a Rite of Inheritance because of her worries that she'd be dooming the two boys to having to fight against each other someday if things ended up getting bad.

Of course without her help Sora still got a Keyblade and faced off against Riku, but it still solidifies the fact that having a Keyblade can become a burden when jealousy or hate or a lust for power comes into play.

They would probably only train people who were already chosen by the Keyblade, but they wouldn't actively see people to become new wielders.

It'd be interesting to see some new characters who can wield in the next saga, though, but I wouldn't expect TAV to have been the ones to initiate something like that.

While i understand TAV having reluctance to preform the ceremony on others, I would imagine it would be out of necessity. They (and by extension the other wielders in the series) arent going to be around forever, there will have to be a new generation of keyblade wielders to protect the worlds once the current generation is gone.

I dont see how TAV can train people already chosen by the keyblade when there were no masters around to preform the ceremony on said trainees.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I dont see how TAV can train people already chosen by the keyblade when there were no masters around to preform the ceremony on said trainees.

We don't really know that. Before BBS we didn't even know TAV existed, or that Yen Sid was a past Master himself.

Also, there doesn't need to be a master to do a ceremony for somebody to get a Keyblade. Anybody, regardless of there being a rite of inheritance or not, can get a Keyblade as long as their heart is strong enough. The inheritance ceremony is just a recommendation letter of sorts, nothing more nothing less.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
We don't really know that. Before BBS we didn't even know TAV existed, or that Yen Sid was a past Master himself.

Also, there doesn't need to be a master to do a ceremony for somebody to get a Keyblade. Anybody, regardless of there being a rite of inheritance or not, can get a Keyblade as long as their heart is strong enough. The inheritance ceremony is just a recommendation letter of sorts, nothing more nothing less.

How do you know that? all the keyblade wielders that have been introduced so far either inherited the power to wield from another wielder (as in the case of terra and riku), or being connected to a keyblade wielder (as in the case of sora and roxas). Im assuming that aqua and terra inherited the ability to wield from eraqus and ven from xehanort. Also, i have a feeling that eraqus and xehanort inherited their keyblades from their master ( yen sid to if he trained inder the same master as xehanort and eraqus)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
How do you know that? all the keyblade wielders that have been introduced so far either inherited the power to wield from another wielder (as in the case of terra and riku), or being connected to a keyblade wielder (as in the case of sora and roxas). Im assuming that aqua and terra inherited the ability to wield from eraqus and ven from xehanort. Also, i have a feeling that eraqus and xehanort inherited their keyblades from their master ( yen sid to if he trained inder the same master as xehanort and eraqus)

Then that brings about the question of how the very first wielder(s) attained their Keyblades. I'm pretty sure Sora earned the ability on his own.

I think KH3 will have a generally happy ending. The new Org. will be defeated, everyone will be brought back and go home/make new homes for themselves, for a time things will be normal and peaceful, maybe Terra will finally be recognized as a master, Ansem will be reinstated as ruler of RG, etc.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Then that brings about the question of how the very first wielder(s) attained their Keyblades. I'm pretty sure Sora earned the ability on his own.

I think KH3 will have a generally happy ending. The new Org. will be defeated, everyone will be brought back and go home/make new homes for themselves, for a time things will be normal and peaceful, maybe Terra will finally be recognized as a master, Ansem will be reinstated as ruler of RG, etc.

didnt sora gain the ability to wield from ventus?

As for the first wielders, didnt they forge the keyblades themselves?

Ruran

Awards
didnt sora gain the ability to wield from ventus?

As for the first wielders, didnt they forge the keyblades themselves?

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed Sora got nothing from Ven except the second Keyblade.

I think it was something like that which debunks the idea that to get the ability you need the ceremony/to be connected to someone with a Keyblade.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed Sora got nothing from Ven except the second Keyblade.

I think it was something like that which debunks the idea that to get the ability you need the ceremony/to be connected to someone with a Keyblade.

well there were no other wielders at the time to inherit keyblades from. if any keyblade wielders survived the war, then im sure they passed it down from generation to generation

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
While i understand TAV having reluctance to preform the ceremony on others, I would imagine it would be out of necessity. They (and by extension the other wielders in the series) arent going to be around forever, there will have to be a new generation of keyblade wielders to protect the worlds once the current generation is gone.

Please what? Unless Nomura decides to make a 70year- time skip there isn't going to be any problem about TAV and the others being around. Lea, Terra and Aqua are only in their early twenties while Sora, Ven and the others are all in their mid-teens. Xehanort is/was very well doing in being a badass Keyblade wielder even when in his 80s or so and Eraqus also isn't the youngest of the bunch. There isn't a need for a "new generation" when this generation is already the new one which is just starting.

Nomura already pointed out in the KH 1 Ultimania that there are other Keyblade Masters around and Xehanort did mention them as well in his reports in BBS. They are most likely just located in other sectors of the vast universe compared to the one where Sora & co. are situated. Given the rarity of Keyblade wielders in conjunction to the general populace of the universe this also shouldn't be surprising.

It's practically only a technicality since that part of the Ultimania interview from Nomura gets often misinterpreted as he says there that other than his connection to Ventus' heart (and others) he inherited nothing from them.
When born Sora's heart was originally not qualified to wield a Keyblade, but his heart became already qualified once he connected with Ventus' heart. Since that happened already mere minutes after Sora's heart was born (brand new heart!) it's really only a technicality and doesn't impact anything regarding the Keyblade itself choosing Sora for good in Hollow Bastion in KH 1.

Yep, the very first "Keyblade Wielders" were the evil guys who lusted for the power of the X-blade and forged the very first blades as a mock-up of it in order to conquer Kingdom Hearts.
That's also explained by Yen Sid that once the war engulfed everything there were some noble people who started to use the Keyblades for good purposes which they weren't originally intended to.

The actual process how to forge a "normal" Keyblade (or rather, a rip-off of the X-blade) is still a mystery, and since Nomura said he doesn't want to go further into the past I guess that will be one of the things that remains a mystery.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Uh sephiroth, none of the current key blade wielders are going to live forever. We may not see a time skip, but the point still stands, there's nothing wrong with the current key blade wielders wanting to pass down the key blade at some point in their lives

khdude

Sora limps his way toward Xehanort's defeated body as he attempts to writhe his broken body for one last attack at Sora, but he knows it's fruitless, all he can do is hold his arms up in defeat and beg for mercy for whatever precious few minutes of life left in his body. As Sora makes his way toward him, Sora reflects on how he has turned into a joke, some jester who's only move is to murder and destroy whatever is in his path, he has become exactly what the King and Yen Sid wanted him to be, some tool to uphold the never ending cycle of light and darkness, not that it matters anymore, they are all gone too.

Sora is about to finish Xehanort off when it becomes clear that his life has already slipped away, his last words are inaudible but obviously filled with anger and regret. Sora pauses a moment to reflect on how morality has seemed to disappear in the battle between light and darkness, the struggle becoming a ceaseless maw for death and destruction, he is unable to justify what he has done for no other reason than pure revenge, and that's fine.

The scene cuts to Sora on Destiny Islands, he has just finished making a grave to commemorate the fallen, he is alone, painfully so. The names of all his friends throughout the years litter the makeshift sign in the sand like reminders of all his failures. He apologizes to each name on the grave, for his weakness and inability to save them. As he arrives at Riku and Kairi's name he is unable to finish the apology, his pain is beyond words, and is punishment enough in his eyes. He realizes that the keyblade is not a tool to protect or to destroy, it is a tool to learn and to survive. And survive he did, for better or worse.

Sora then makes his way to the pier, the sun has almost set, he pauses to relive the flashback where Kairi makes him promise to never change. Sora brushes it off as yet another promise he couldn't keep, he can't be much more different than the kid who wanted to see the world, only to have the world come crashing down on him. The makeshift rafts Riku, Kairi, and he made are still bouncing off the end of the pier, as the waves gently move them back and forth.

Sora sits down on the edge of the pier, the sun nearly gone, for one reason or another, he closes his eyes and realizes that if he tried hard enough he could imagine Kairi next to him. She touches his hand, she tells him it's not his fault, and that it's all going to be all right. He wishes this moment could last forever, but in a flash, she's gone again.

sdr08

Uh sephiroth, none of the current key blade wielders are going to live forever. We may not see a time skip, but the point still stands, there's nothing wrong with the current key blade wielders wanting to pass down the key blade at some point in their lives

He isnt saying they are going to live forever, he is just saying there are other wielders besides Sora and Co. as for not passing the ability down to other people, that's only TVA's belief, other masters might have a different opinion than them.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I never said that they are going to live forever nor that it would be "wrong" to pass down the ability to wield.
What I DID say is that without a time skip there is no need for them to pass down the Keyblade when they themselves are just the new generation as of now and that by designating Sora and his friends remaining the main characters for at least the next saga there is even less need for that.
The topic of this thread is the resolution of KH 3 with possible look outs to the next saga, not what Riku or Sora or any other Keyblade Wielder would want to do "at some point in their lives" so far in the future that doesn't matter for the next saga.

He isnt saying they are going to live forever, he is just saying there are other wielders besides Sora and Co. as for not passing the ability down to other people, that's only TVA's belief, other masters might have a different opinion than them.

That too, there are many wielders outside the circle of Mickey, TAV and Sora. My main gripe was however with the prospect/proposal of a generation change that isn't necessary nor very likely considering the set-up made for the current generation which are our main characters which Nomura stated would remain.
Xehanort and Eraqus are practically representants of the old generation and the current main trios + Mickey ARE already the new generation.

If you want to get nitpicky, not passing down the ability is actually only Aqua's belief and also only if in the same world there is already a choosen one.
Aqua said:
One Keyblade is enough for any friendship.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I never said that they are going to live forever nor that it would be "wrong" to pass down the ability to wield.
What I DID say is that without a time skip there is no need for them to pass down the Keyblade when they themselves are just the new generation as of now and that by designating Sora and his friends remaining the main characters for at least the next saga there is even less need for that.
The topic of this thread is the resolution of KH 3 with possible look outs to the next saga, not what Riku or Sora or any other Keyblade Wielder would want to do "at some point in their lives" so far in the future that doesn't matter for the next saga.

That too, there are many wielders outside the circle of Mickey, TAV and Sora. My main gripe was however with the prospect/proposal of a generation change that isn't necessary nor very likely considering the set-up made for the current generation which are our main characters which Nomura stated would remain.
Xehanort and Eraqus are practically representants of the old generation and the current main trios + Mickey ARE already the new generation.

If you want to get nitpicky, not passing down the ability is actually only Aqua's belief and also only if in the same world there is already a choosen one.
sora and the other keyblade wielders deciding what they want to do with their lives could play a part in the next saga, sephiroth

Ruran

Awards

I don't think swooshbarns is saying that there should be a new generation taking part in the story so much as she's saying that it couldn't hurt to show what at least some of the current characters plan to do with their future which could potentially be becoming teachers someday. Not that a new generation should be lumped in with the current one.

sora and the other keyblade wielders deciding what they want to do with their lives could play a part in the next saga, sephiroth

If Sora and co. ever decide that they want to pass down the wielding ability/become teachers that's something I think they would imply at the very end. The problem with showing the characters granting a potential new generation the ability is that it implies the story might continue with them when KH is Sora's story and will end with him as the protagonist. It'd be like when Harry Potter ended, it's clearly his story and he's even the titular character but it ended with his own children going to Hogwarts so there were a lot of fans who thought the series would continue with them when it wasn't meant to. If any of the current characters decide they want to pass down the ability it'd probably be best to keep their decisions ambiguous.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't think swooshbarns is saying that there should be a new generation taking part in the story so much as she's saying that it couldn't hurt to show what at least some of the current characters plan to do with their future which could potentially be becoming teachers someday.
I see that, but the main question would be what actual importance does this have for the next saga at all? "Potentially" and "Someday" doesn't help for the current story at hand at all and would only detract. Such a sentiment is more something for an epilogue of the next saga, or even, leading to:
If Sora and co. ever decide that they want to pass down the wielding ability/become teachers that's something I think they would imply at the very end.
exactly THIS, totally my chain of thought as well. This sentiment is even more something for the epilogue of the entire series if we consider the notion that Nomura set Sora as being always the main protagonist.

The problem with showing the characters granting a potential new generation the ability is that it implies the story might continue with them when KH is Sora's story and will end with him as the protagonist. It'd be like when Harry Potter ended, it's clearly his story and he's even the titular character but it ended with his own children going to Hogwarts so there were a lot of fans who thought the series would continue with them when it wasn't meant to. If any of the current characters decide they want to pass down the ability it'd probably be best to keep their decisions ambiguous.
I actually really like that comparison, yep.
The "next generation" was actually only shown at the very end of the entire tale and even that was controversial as I remember there was many negative reactions regarding the very last HP-chapter.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
there were people who disliked the ending to harry potter? i wonder why? i thought it was fine
For the exact reason that Ruran mentioned:

Ruran said:
It'd be like when Harry Potter ended, it's clearly his story and he's even the titular character but it ended with his own children going to Hogwarts so there were a lot of fans who thought the series would continue with them when it wasn't meant to.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
there were people who disliked the ending to harry potter? i wonder why? i thought it was fine

Mainly because of the needless show-off with the "next generation" which generated expectations J.K. Rowling never intended to meet.

EDIT:
Ninja'd by Taochan, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back